Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: LTC downside? [Re: Hunt Dog] #8265125 05/13/21 08:52 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Lol, yeh that was kinda funny and I actually thought about joking with them, but left that one alone. roflmao They got more nervous when one of the guys saw me pulled over, so he pulled over behind the Police to wait for me. I got a lecture about people traveling together need to pull over in front of the police, and stay at least a few hundred yards away. We had cop cars all over the place lol. Stupid trailer light...

Re: LTC downside? [Re: skinnerback] #8265192 05/13/21 09:58 PM
S
Slow Drifter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Lol, yeh that was kinda funny and I actually thought about joking with them, but left that one alone. roflmao They got more nervous when one of the guys saw me pulled over, so he pulled over behind the Police to wait for me. I got a lecture about people traveling together need to pull over in front of the police, and stay at least a few hundred yards away. We had cop cars all over the place lol. Stupid trailer light...

LOL....remnds me of a Dad story! We were heading to the lease one evening, both of us were speeding but the lights came on behind me so I pulled over. Dad pulled over a little bit ahead of us. After the trooper was through giving me the ticket he went and talked with my dad (a former LEO). The trooper came back to my truck laughing his [censored] off. He said he asked my dad why he stopped and Dad said, "Cause if I beat him there I have to open all the !@#$% gates!". The trooper took back the ticket and gave me a written warning. Thanks again, Dad!

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: LTC downside? [Re: jcarring99] #8265213 05/13/21 10:19 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Only down side of an LTC is if your a felon or been arrested for being to angry in last 7 years, or like to drink and drive while carrying.

Think that sums it up

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: LTC downside? [Re: Slow Drifter] #8265271 05/13/21 11:30 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
roflmao Good stuff.

Re: LTC downside? [Re: Slow Drifter] #8265311 05/14/21 12:16 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Slow Drifter
Originally Posted by skinnerback

LOL....remnds me of a Dad story! We were heading to the lease one evening, both of us were speeding but the lights came on behind me so I pulled over. Dad pulled over a little bit ahead of us. After the trooper was through giving me the ticket he went and talked with my dad (a former LEO). The trooper came back to my truck laughing his [censored] off. He said he asked my dad why he stopped and Dad said, "Cause if I beat him there I have to open all the !@#$% gates!". The trooper took back the ticket and gave me a written warning. Thanks again, Dad!

clap

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: LTC downside? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8265421 05/14/21 02:53 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Only down side of an LTC is if your a felon or been arrested for being to angry in last 7 years, or like to drink and drive while carrying.

Think that sums it up

Pretty well sums it up.

Re: LTC downside? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8265440 05/14/21 03:38 AM
B
brassattack Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
In TN, they run your plate before they get out of their car, they know if you have a permit or not, and they put a thumbprint on the left rear of your vehicle before they get to your window. If you are a well known trouble maker, they invite several others to the party before approaching. You never know how many unmarked cars are out there until there are, and you never remember them. BACKTHEBLUE

Re: LTC downside? [Re: jcarring99] #8265480 05/14/21 05:30 AM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I usually inform them right away as I hand it over that I'm carrying. As others noted they always ask where - and I can't say I blame them. I have nothing to hide. Sometimes I've been asked if there are other weapons in the car, again - I have nothing to hide so tell them. Before I learned my damn lesson to never go over 55 thru Runaway Bay or 40 in Bridgeport, I got pulled over more times that I would like when going/coming to the lease.

I had an accident in Allen once and my truck had to be towed. My family was all with me so no one was available to come get us. The officer gave us a ride in his patrol vehicle. In that instance he informed me that their policy required that I had to give up the pistol while in the vehicle. I did that along with another one that I had in my vehicle - he unloaded my carry gun (the other was unloaded) - and he returned them too me after exiting his vehicle. I had no problem with that either. He was very nice and professional.

Earl

Last edited by Earl; 05/14/21 05:31 AM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: LTC downside? [Re: jcarring99] #8265555 05/14/21 11:57 AM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I am asked "Is there anything in the vehicle I need to know about?" and I say no. If they ask if I have a firearm, I'll be honest. Neither route requires an LTC.

Pass the gravy.

Re: LTC downside? [Re: brassattack] #8266168 05/14/21 10:46 PM
S
Slow Drifter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by brassattack
In TN, they run your plate before they get out of their car, they know if you have a permit or not, and they put a thumbprint on the left rear of your vehicle before they get to your window. If you are a well known trouble maker, they invite several others to the party before approaching. You never know how many unmarked cars are out there until there are, and you never remember them. BACKTHEBLUE

I hear this all the time, but how do they know who's driving or even who is in the car?

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: LTC downside? [Re: GasGuzzler] #8266337 05/15/21 02:19 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
Originally Posted by patriot07
Someone who is grossly incompetent with a gun cannot pass an LTC written/shooting test.

Just because someone has an LTC does NOT mean they can properly use a firearm. How many of you that do have an LTC had a complete disaster "student" in your class? Now all of you raise your hands.

You inverted my point.

I had a disaster student. She was failed by the instructor, as she should have been.

That's the point...

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide