Print Thread
Wayne is really a great guy #8248764 04/26/21 02:01 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
The National Rifle Association argues to keep its bankruptcy case alive. At hearings in Texas last week, the NRA stressed three claims as it faces motions by the New York attorney general and a former vendor seeking dismissal of its bankruptcy or the appointment of a trustee who would effectively take over management of the organization. First, the NRA argues that New York is politically hostile and has unfairly targeted the group. Second, the group contends that bad actors have been ousted and proper financial controls are now in place. Finally, the NRA's witnesses have emphasized that CEO Wayne LaPierre is critical to fundraising and thus the future financial health of the association. "A lot of these donors have seen him on TV, testifying before Congress, being verbally attacked on television shows, and he has always stood in there and fought," said Tyler Schropp, who directs the NRA's advancement office. "They admire that." Hearings resume Thursday, and the NRA will call additional witnesses, including LaPierre. Closing arguments on the motions are scheduled for Monday, May 3. — Will Van Sant, staff writer

Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: soooo] #8248779 04/26/21 02:21 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I guess that entitles him to rape and pillage the NRA coffers and spend money with no accountability.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: The Dude Abides] #8248798 04/26/21 02:47 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
I guess that entitles him to rape and pillage the NRA coffers and spend money with no accountability.

Exactly.

Pure bs. There's thousands of educated men and women, that will fight for 2A rights, and not rob the membership of the organization at the same time.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: soooo] #8249114 04/26/21 09:20 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
This is the only time I think I ever have, or will agree with Leticia James. Since Lapieu obviously will not step down, and for whatever reason the board appears unwilling or unable to remove him - a Trustee needs to be appointed to right the ship and steer the course. But that Trustee of course needs to be someone that has the best interest of the NRA members and 2A at heart, not Leticia James, Lapieu, or the NRA Board. Charleton Heston wouldn't have put up with this crap. Bring back Ollie!

Last edited by Earl; 04/26/21 09:23 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: Earl] #8249542 04/27/21 03:35 AM
F
flintknapper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by Earl
This is the only time I think I ever have, or will agree with Leticia James. Since Lapieu obviously will not step down, and for whatever reason the board appears unwilling or unable to remove him - a Trustee needs to be appointed to right the ship and steer the course. But that Trustee of course needs to be someone that has the best interest of the NRA members and 2A at heart, not Leticia James, Lapieu, or the NRA Board. Charleton Heston wouldn't have put up with this crap. Bring back Ollie!

The 'board' isn't much better. It was their lack of oversight that allowed this mess to form to begin with.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: soooo] #8249604 04/27/21 11:15 AM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Does anyone know how much a board member makes?

Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: flintknapper] #8249915 04/27/21 04:21 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I agree. A few years ago there were well known and respected members such as Tom Selleck and Ollie on it..now, I can't say I've ever heard of a single member of the current board. Earl

Originally Posted by flintknapper
Originally Posted by Earl

The 'board' isn't much better. It was their lack of oversight that allowed this mess to form to begin with.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: The Dude Abides] #8250268 04/27/21 10:45 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Let’s let this play out and disinformation settle out from truth before we burn the buildings

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: soooo] #8250373 04/28/21 12:31 AM
C
Cajun Raider Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
The buildings were burnt years ago; all that remains is smoke and ash!

Don't talk the talk if you didn't walk the walk.
Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: soooo] #8250633 04/28/21 12:01 PM
J
JABHunting Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
I've not seen "evidence" that LaPierre actually did anything he was not permitted to do. I'm not endorsing fraud, unlawful acts, waste, abuse or negligence. However, where is his "due process". If he in fact did the things he's accused of here and elsewhere without permission or in a corrupt manner, I would like to see the Board take action and hold him accountable. Meanwhile, the NRA has been effective and is the biggest player in the pro-gun lobbying game. Under the current situation and circumstances with the Administration, I don't feel like abandoning them based on rumors or anything less than fact.

Last edited by JABHunting; 04/28/21 12:02 PM.
Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8250658 04/28/21 12:32 PM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Let’s let this play out and disinformation settle out from truth before we burn the buildings

No thanks! I've already cancelled my subscription because of their issues. They are dead to me.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: The Dude Abides] #8251306 04/29/21 12:21 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

No thanks! I've already cancelled my subscription because of their issues. They are dead to me.

its all been a show , they play both sides of the coin to keep us where they want us. Like a bunch of stumbling idiots thinking these clowns are for the people.

[Linked Image]
Re: Wayne is really a great guy [Re: JABHunting] #8252469 04/30/21 12:39 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Agree JAB

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide