Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8250121 04/27/21 08:24 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Wait a minute TB....... you were right there with them for a while....

Negative ghost rider, you are incorrect.

I may have made arguments for or against certain things, but I was pretty dang clear I was living my life and wasn't looking back. I wasn't ever scared of anything, was just explaining the govt argument for or against certain things. I very rarely ever gave my personal opinions on things, and when I did, we were pretty much in agreement, esp about how dangerous this virus really is. Early on I did use the word "IF" a lot, simply because we didn't know, but once the information came available, those "iF's" stopped being used.

Translated Tb likes to argue

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8250129 04/27/21 08:31 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
We have to wear masks at work. It’s annoying but I’m not about to buck the system and be out of a job.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: hook_n_line] #8250138 04/27/21 08:40 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
And somewhere someone is moaning about people not wearing masks, dead_horse Be a good Christian and love thy neighbors. Don't confuse respect for fear.

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Texas is lost, I counted 7 Subaru’s yesterday, all drivers wearing masks while driving. I’m moving to Wy

Perfect timing on your post Bobo.

That line by hook actually literally drives me nuts. People try to make this a biblical issue. Both sides, it is dumber than a box of rocks.

Don’t confuse respect for ignorance

You're right both sides fighting about it is dumb. It doesn't have to be biblical, pick something, believe in it and be a good person. Ignorance will always get in the way of respect there is no confusion. Being respectful doesn't make you ignorant, ignorance does lead to fear but when your smarter than the average person you will know the difference. It doesn't bother me somebody wears a mask while driving a subaru, that's their choice. I'd like to think my time in the service helped to preserve that right to choose. I wear a mask when asked, I wear a mask while caring for my father in law, at least for the last 5 years. I even cover my face when mowing. Dirt boogers suck.The mask battle can wage on as the longest war in history for all I care I find it funny to see the arguments. In the mean time I will be fishing in Mexico.

Good post man!

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: ducknbass] #8250140 04/27/21 08:45 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

I may have made arguments for or against certain things, but I was pretty dang clear I was living my life and wasn't looking back. I wasn't ever scared of anything, was just explaining the govt argument for or against certain things. I very rarely ever gave my personal opinions on things, and when I did, we were pretty much in agreement, esp about how dangerous this virus really is. Early on I did use the word "IF" a lot, simply because we didn't know, but once the information came available, those "iF's" stopped being used.

"IF" nothing had been done, nobody knows what would have happened.
Even today the experts do not have the final answer. A year later, all the experts in their fields have clues, but the puzzle is still in pieces. But the Monday morning quarterbacks have the solution..

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: ducknbass] #8250141 04/27/21 08:46 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T

No, I wouldn't call it arguing, I would call it correcting misinformation and blatant falsehoods

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8250142 04/27/21 08:46 PM
J
JRSUSMC94 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
I've cut down the bats in my diet pretty significantly.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: dogcatcher] #8250150 04/27/21 08:52 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Even today the experts do not have the final answer. A year later, all the experts in their fields have clues, but the puzzle is still in pieces. But the Monday morning quarterbacks have the solution..

There are definite answers to some things. Early on the estimated fatality rate was 5% or more. Now we know it is way less than a 1/10th of that, more likely in the 0.02% range for those that had it, and way less than that for the national fatality rate. We now know who the highest risk folks are, who the lowest risk folks are, and we know what medical treatments will give the best survivability for those severely ill. Does that mean we know it all? no way, but we do know some things, enough things to say lets open the country back up and get things rolling again. the entire world is in an economic depression because of a virus that has a extremely low mortality rate. This isn't the spanish flu or the bubonic plague. We didn't know early on it wasn't, but we do know that now. Problem is, the MSM and current govt's (fed, state, local) all want us to believe the mortality for this is in the 25-30% range and we all need to be terrified of "the virus".

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8250189 04/27/21 09:14 PM
A
aggiehunter03 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
I can tell you that the scare meter goes progressively up as you drive East from Weatherford. It is pegged in the red in Dallas...... Those folks apparently watch too much CNN.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8250191 04/27/21 09:16 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T

No, I wouldn't call it arguing, I would call it correcting misinformation and blatant falsehoods

BTW duck, this was a joke....I am headed to do more surgery tonight so I didn't want to leave this without clearing the water. I do like to argue, everyone knows that
cheers

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8250195 04/27/21 09:19 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

The defense rest your honor

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8250197 04/27/21 09:21 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Wait I’m the accuser so I’m the prosecution

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: ducknbass] #8250199 04/27/21 09:25 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Wait I’m the accuser so I’m the prosecution

Pardons are in the mail... clap

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: dogcatcher] #8250204 04/27/21 09:30 PM
S
S.A. hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

I'm yanking your chain TB.

Dogcatcher, there's nothing wrong with a mental exercise.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8250218 04/27/21 09:44 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I have not missed any work since covid appeared. Have not wore a mask at work. Traveled for several hunts and fishing trips. I don’t enjoy crowds. I’m proud to say on more than one occasion I played the covid card to my advantage. I avoided some crowds I don’t enjoy, without the little woman chewing the leather about it. up if I need to enter a place that requires masks I go back to the truck and get one without bellyaching. I don’t give a rip if others decide to wear a mask or not. I kinda enjoy social distancing. I don’t care for big crowds or having strangers up my [censored]. I live in rural Texas so my experiences may be different than a lot on this forum. The only people I’ve seen first hand try to get in others business about masks were anti maskers.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 04/27/21 10:14 PM.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8250263 04/27/21 10:38 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I’m on the Navajo reservation at Monument Valley. These folks wear masks ALL the time. Getting here through southern Utah there were few masks in evidence at the places we stopped.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide