Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249721 04/27/21 01:10 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Texas is lost, I counted 7 Subaru’s yesterday, all drivers wearing masks while driving. I’m moving to Wy

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 04/27/21 01:11 PM.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: hook_n_line] #8249731 04/27/21 01:20 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
And somewhere someone is moaning about people not wearing masks, dead_horse Be a good Christian and love thy neighbors. Don't confuse respect for fear.

I've said this from the beginning. Wearing mask the way we do is nothing more then a mental exercise.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: S.A. hunter] #8249737 04/27/21 01:23 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
And somewhere someone is moaning about people not wearing masks, dead_horse Be a good Christian and love thy neighbors. Don't confuse respect for fear.

I've said this from the beginning. Wearing mask the way we do is nothing more then a mental exercise.

Yep and some people get "mental" over the whole situation.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: hook_n_line] #8249742 04/27/21 01:26 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Yep and some people get "mental" over the whole situation.

This is true. The media/social media's influence is strong.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249747 04/27/21 01:30 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Ive always thought the masks were a joke. My mom was/still is freaked about it.

I worked from home some because the boss said we could and because i could still get what i needed to done and i could be at home all day with my wife and kids. My work was all done and i was much more productive at home.

I do not believe it is much more than another version of something similar to the flue, but I also know that a few people i go to church with and others that were not on their death beads, but did have underlying issues such as overweight/diabetic, "supposedly" died from it.

Slightly before the pandemic erupted here I had some kind of respiratory bug that kicked my azz for two weeks solid. Ive never had anything like it before. My wife had it after I had it, no idea what it was, neither of us have ever been tested.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8249755 04/27/21 01:39 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Texas is lost, I counted 7 Subaru’s yesterday, all drivers wearing masks while driving. I’m moving to Wy

Perfect timing on your post Bobo.

That line by hook actually literally drives me nuts. People try to make this a biblical issue. Both sides, it is dumber than a box of rocks.

Don’t confuse respect for ignorance

Last edited by ducknbass; 04/27/21 01:43 PM.
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Bullfrog] #8249763 04/27/21 01:47 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Originally Posted by wp75169
In Home Depot right now. I’m the only person in the store without a mask. Is that scared, cautious, or just plain weak [censored] conformity.

Everywhere I go, this is still the case. When I bring it up to people, they ALL say “well if I can prevent that one person from getting it” and others just say it doesn’t bother them so why not.

I guess I’m one of the few that it bugs the ever living daylights out of.

Geography. I forgot something this morning and ran to Means Hardware in Grand Saline. Not a mask in site. Customers or employees.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: wp75169] #8249790 04/27/21 02:13 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
In Home Depot right now. I’m the only person in the store without a mask. Is that scared, cautious, or just plain weak [censored] conformity.

Everywhere I go, this is still the case. When I bring it up to people, they ALL say “well if I can prevent that one person from getting it” and others just say it doesn’t bother them so why not.

I guess I’m one of the few that it bugs the ever living daylights out of.

Geography. I forgot something this morning and ran to Means Hardware in Grand Saline. Not a mask in site. Customers or employees.

Yup - don't see too many masks in Van Zandt county anymore. Most people I see wearing them is at Walmart and I avoid it like the plague. Walmart in Canton gave up pretty quick on trying to enforce their mask policy.

People believe what they're conditioned to believe - to the point where facts and common sense don't matter even when presented plain as day. I forget the psychological term for it. Turn on the local news and 90% of the coverage is fear fear fear virus virus virus. Still to this day. It's sad quite frankly.

We traveled more in 2020 than we have since we've been married. Cancun, Vegas, several trips to OK. Vegas was great - was early June last year - no mask mandates in Vegas yet and hardly anyone there. Now you can't travel to Mexico without a bunch of stupid rules and Vegas is mask sheep city.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249800 04/27/21 02:26 PM
T
TexFlip Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Lady down the pew from me at mass this morning used hand sanitizer no fewer than three times. She was alone, didn't leave her seat other than to stand and kneel.

Originally Posted by unclebubba
Just to make sure that it is done thoroughly, I go both ways.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249812 04/27/21 02:48 PM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
It's slowly getting better around me. For the first time in a couple of months, I saw a guy in HEB this weekend with the full mask, goggles and rubber gloves. I used to see the mask, goggles and gloves all the time, but it's slowly been going down. Now I'm starting to see the number of people without masks or the people basically wearing on their chin starting to rise. I'm also seeing more stores removing their mask required signs. Ace removed theirs about a month ago and Home Depot basically moved their "Please wear a mask" sign all the way to the middle of the store. By the time you see it, you're halfway through the store already. At my kids high-school, baseball and track pretty much made you wear a mask to get past the ticket lady. Once you hit the bleachers, no one had them on. Heck, at the last baseball game I went to this weekend, even the ticket lady was mask less and wasn't participating in the mask theatre that had been going on all season.

As far as hand sanitizer goes, you guys were late to that party. I've had bottles of the stuff in my car for years. Not because of COVID, but because you people are nasty. roflmao

Thanks,
Rich
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249820 04/27/21 02:57 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Yall are well aware of how I feel. I never missed a day of work, didn't wear masks and vacationed out of state multiple times.

I do not have TV but watch alot of Youtube and there are people I've seen on there who have talked about how they still have not went out to eat since this started. I work with several who still wear a mask anytime they are out of their office. Last week I was eating lunch and saw someone wearing a face shield. So yes alot of people are scared and not real bright

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249827 04/27/21 03:02 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

If I go in a store and the cashier is wearing one I'll pull mine out of my pocket and put it on just because I'm one of the nicest people on here.

I've never plowed mules but I did run along behind bustin' up clods with my own bare feet.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: ducknbass] #8249831 04/27/21 03:06 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by ducknbass

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Perfect timing on your post Bobo.

That line by hook actually literally drives me nuts. People try to make this a biblical issue. Both sides, it is dumber than a box of rocks.

Don’t confuse respect for ignorance

You're right both sides fighting about it is dumb. It doesn't have to be biblical, pick something, believe in it and be a good person. Ignorance will always get in the way of respect there is no confusion. Being respectful doesn't make you ignorant, ignorance does lead to fear but when your smarter than the average person you will know the difference. It doesn't bother me somebody wears a mask while driving a subaru, that's their choice. I'd like to think my time in the service helped to preserve that right to choose. I wear a mask when asked, I wear a mask while caring for my father in law, at least for the last 5 years. I even cover my face when mowing. Dirt boogers suck.The mask battle can wage on as the longest war in history for all I care I find it funny to see the arguments. In the mean time I will be fishing in Mexico.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249852 04/27/21 03:18 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Yeah hook my wife has a crazy uncle and he was all saying people that wear mask have no faith. Or people that get vaccinated have no faith. Wth...... then I’ve seen what you said if you love your neighbor you’ll wear a mask... it’s all goofy

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249856 04/27/21 03:20 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
My brother didn't see or hang out with his friends for pretty much a whole year. They are just now starting to come out of their houses. I didn't get invited to his birthday fishing trip last week because I'm not "vaxxed". I see him every day, he said basically his buddies hadn't been out at all since Covid started and they are still nervous about it. They're all in their 40's and have had their shots.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: ducknbass] #8249870 04/27/21 03:36 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Yeah hook my wife has a crazy uncle and he was all saying people that wear mask have no faith. Or people that get vaccinated have no faith. Wth...... then I’ve seen what you said if you love your neighbor you’ll wear a mask... it’s all goofy

At least we have choices here. I didn't fact check but this is the other end of the spectrum.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2104555/no-mask-fines-now-apply-in-31-provinces

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249884 04/27/21 03:48 PM
P
pegasaurus Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
[Linked Image]

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249901 04/27/21 04:03 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
[Linked Image]

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249911 04/27/21 04:08 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Also have traveled all over this country for the last 12 months and was never worried once. Yea, wore the mask when requested to do so becuase I did not want to be that guy on the evening national news getting thrown off the plane or kicked out of the airport. Most people don't wear the damn thing correctly anyway. I have a tendency to stay away from people and will let them know if they are getting to close to me.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249960 04/27/21 04:57 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
[Linked Image]

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: HuntFish512] #8249966 04/27/21 05:05 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
rolleyes rolleyes

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249978 04/27/21 05:20 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Just wanted to raise some blood pressures roflmao

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: hook_n_line] #8249984 04/27/21 05:30 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
[Linked Image]

Yeah a fast food employee sneezing on your food was all good January of 2020..... just a "pandemic" makes that gross.

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8249997 04/27/21 05:54 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Try to remember - IT'S ONLY FOR TWO WEEKS

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: how scared have people been? [Re: S.A. hunter] #8250109 04/27/21 08:12 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Wait a minute TB....... you were right there with them for a while....

Negative ghost rider, you are incorrect.

I may have made arguments for or against certain things, but I was pretty dang clear I was living my life and wasn't looking back. I wasn't ever scared of anything, was just explaining the govt argument for or against certain things. I very rarely ever gave my personal opinions on things, and when I did, we were pretty much in agreement, esp about how dangerous this virus really is. Early on I did use the word "IF" a lot, simply because we didn't know, but once the information came available, those "iF's" stopped being used.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide