Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
the reason for police #8244796 04/21/21 09:08 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Let me preface this by saying I am in no way anti-police, or even neutral police, I am full blooded pro-police and pro-military/firefighter/emt/etc. These guys do work most people want nothing to do with, and they are underpaid, undervalued, and scrutinized if anything at all goes wrong on their job.

Another thread got me thinking, "What if we did lose the police force?"

What would that look like in the US if there was no police force. I am a believer the public needs some sort of peace-keeper or someone to help maintain the peace. In a very rudimentary manner, police are simply peace keepers. I know their job goes much deeper than that, but in the end the police serve the public, not the individual. I think most of us can agree to that concept. So without police, we would see a break down in the publics ability to maintain order and "peace" in the form of third world traffic, petty theft (see that already in places that choose not to prosecute petty theft), and other minor crimes against property and person.

But would we see the public become scared of personal harm or death? I don't think so. My reasoning would be the 2A. Just as in the "wild west" there would be a system of instant justice given for people who did people wrong, and those were carried out quickly and swiftly. I have a feeling the same would happen in todays world. We would see a bunch of self inflicted justice carried out and the population may be a little more at ease since justice would be dealt at the end of a barrel or with rope instead of with manipulated unfair trials and limp wristed liberal justice warriors.

Thoughts?

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244799 04/21/21 09:11 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
hanged 'em high

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244815 04/21/21 09:26 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I like BigPig..

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244817 04/21/21 09:27 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The police force won’t be eliminated. Even now crime is climbing in every location the police are being less supported. When things get bad enough, even Democrats will want more policing. What I would like to see is for some big city, Portland for example, to eliminate the police force. We need a test case on a city moving to anarchy, and what better city than Portland. Eliminating the police is some sort of left wing theory, so let’s let it happen somewhere and see what happens when theory becomes reality.

What concerns me is packing the Supreme Court to push it left. And I do believe that the end-plan, if it gets that far, is to eliminate the 2nd amendment and then ban guns of all types. Combine that with no policing and you can only imagine how bad things could get. So, hide grandpa’s old 97 Winchester pump.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: the reason for police [Re: bill oxner] #8244827 04/21/21 09:30 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by bill oxner
I like BigPig..

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244832 04/21/21 09:37 PM
J
John2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Yes,they tried banning guns in Australia with the gun buy-back. Robbery,murder took a big jump.

Not all those that wander are lost..

Back The Men in Blue that wears a badge

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244837 04/21/21 09:42 PM
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
The only way no policing works is if everyone has the SAME set of strong morals/values and everyone follows those morals/values. People today don't have those kind of values anymore and if you remove the police, things will instantly go to the strongest, most savage person rules. If you need a current example, look at the non-filtered reporting of what happened during the CHOP experiment in Seattle. The MSM tried to paint it as all sunshine and rainbows. At the end, even they couldn't hide what had really been going on.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244839 04/21/21 09:43 PM
L
Lazyjack Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
The Blue Line is the only thing stopping instant justice now.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244840 04/21/21 09:43 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
If we lost the police, martial law would be implemented and the Democrats will have total control of our country. It’s all part of the plan and no I am not a conspiracy nut.

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244842 04/21/21 09:46 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

We use the systems we have because they have been established for hundreds or thousands of years.
Everything else is just something for the media and political idiots to jabber about.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244852 04/21/21 09:54 PM
J
John2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Australia's prime minister at the time, John Howard, had taken office just six weeks earlier at the head of a center-right coalition. He quickly drew a very clear conclusion from the Port Arthur killing,that killed 35 innocent people: Australia had too many guns, and they were too easy to get.

It looks like he took a shot at it and was pretty successful in doing what he did.But parts of Australia is sparsely populated.

Not all those that wander are lost..

Back The Men in Blue that wears a badge

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244870 04/21/21 10:15 PM
Opening Day Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I agree 100% To many people have turned away from God and there in lies the real problem. Throw in teachers as well being overworked, underpaid and undervalued.

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244873 04/21/21 10:16 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Let me preface this by saying I am in no way anti-police, or even neutral police, I am full blooded pro-police and pro-military/firefighter/emt/etc. These guys do work most people want nothing to do with, and they are underpaid, undervalued, and scrutinized if anything at all goes wrong on their job.

What would that look like in the US if there was no police force. I am a believer the public needs some sort of peace-keeper or someone to help maintain the peace. In a very rudimentary manner, police are simply peace keepers. I know their job goes much deeper than that, but in the end the police serve the public, not the individual. I think most of us can agree to that concept. So without police, we would see a break down in the publics ability to maintain order and "peace" in the form of third world traffic, petty theft (see that already in places that choose not to prosecute petty theft), and other minor crimes against property and person.

But would we see the public become scared of personal harm or death? I don't think so. My reasoning would be the 2A. Just as in the "wild west" there would be a system of instant justice given for people who did people wrong, and those were carried out quickly and swiftly. I have a feeling the same would happen in todays world. We would see a bunch of self inflicted justice carried out and the population may be a little more at ease since justice would be dealt at the end of a barrel or with rope instead of with manipulated unfair trials and limp wristed liberal justice warriors.

Thoughts?

oh my , this guys living in lala land.

[Linked Image]
Re: the reason for police [Re: Tin Head] #8244912 04/21/21 11:03 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Tin Head

Thoughts?

Has been since he started posting here.

🍻
Re: the reason for police [Re: Opening Day] #8244929 04/21/21 11:19 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Originally Posted by Opening Day
I agree 100% To many people have turned away from God and there in lies the real problem. Throw in teachers as well being overworked, underpaid and undervalued.

What teacher did not know, it is a low paying profession and has been that way for years?

Re: the reason for police [Re: John2] #8244957 04/21/21 11:51 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by John2
Australia's prime minister at the time, John Howard, had taken office just six weeks earlier at the head of a center-right coalition. He quickly drew a very clear conclusion from the Port Arthur killing,that killed 35 innocent people: Australia had too many guns, and they were too easy to get.

It looks like he took a shot at it and was pretty successful in doing what he did.But parts of Australia is sparsely populated.

What people conveniently fail to mention is that the Mental Health System was overhauled at the same time. A very high percentage of mass shooting are because the Mental Health System failed.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8244958 04/21/21 11:53 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
popcorn

Re: the reason for police [Re: Tin Head] #8245004 04/22/21 12:37 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

Thoughts?

Can't wait to hear your logical, well thought out approach that brought you to this conclusion.

Re: the reason for police [Re: Wilhunt] #8245005 04/22/21 12:37 AM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Wilhunt
Originally Posted by Opening Day

What teacher did not know, it is a low paying profession and has been that way for years?

My daughter is a teacher, and yes she knew it was a low paying profession, but that doesn’t make it right or excuse undervaluing what I consider to be a noble profession.

Re: the reason for police [Re: nsmike] #8245008 04/22/21 12:43 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

What people conveniently fail to mention is that the Mental Health System was overhauled at the same time. A very high percentage of mass shooting are because the Mental Health System failed.[/quote]

^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Last edited by Concho; 04/22/21 12:44 AM.

Re: the reason for police [Re: Tin Head] #8245010 04/22/21 12:45 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Thoughts?

I have been pointing that out for months.....

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8245012 04/22/21 12:47 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Thoughts?

If you read and listen closely you will see what the poster is really saying here, exactly 180 from what he said about supporting police.

Last edited by Concho; 04/22/21 02:30 AM.

Re: the reason for police [Re: Texas buckeye] #8245018 04/22/21 12:57 AM
Guy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

What would that look like in the US if there was no police force.

Probably a big ball of fire. Is there a country out there with no police? I do not see how you can function as governed nation without police to enforce the laws of the government.

Re: the reason for police [Re: Guy] #8245020 04/22/21 01:00 AM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Guy

Probably a big ball of fire. Is there a country out there with no police? I do not see how you can function as governed nation without police to enforce the laws of the government.

There are several countries without a police force. They are dictatorships and they have a military force to enforce their will and rules. North Korea, China, Cuba, Russia......to name a few of the better known countries without a police force.

Re: the reason for police [Re: Wool E. Booger] #8245024 04/22/21 01:07 AM
Guy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Wool E. Booger
Originally Posted by Guy

There are several countries without a police force. They are dictatorships and they have a military force to enforce their will and rules. North Korea, China, Cuba, Russia......to name a few of the better known countries without a police force.

That is police to me, just federal vs state police. So if the question is what happens with no state police, then fed police take over.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide