Forums46
Topics537,814
Posts9,729,434
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8238745 04/16/21 01:45 PM
C
cullbuck Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Sorry to hear about your troubles Tim.
Damn shame when it gets to point you can't enjoy what you enjoy doing anymore because of illegal activity that our govt. won't acknowledge or act upon.
I was down there a couple weeks ago and no trouble at our camp yet but it's only a matter of time. We are a little further off the river and not in a prime crossing area but did see them occasionally during Obama and with the volume crossing they will be coming through again. Sad times we are in. I'm living amongst a different invasion of people in central Tx. and it aint much better. People moving in by the thousands, covering all the farmland with houses, people dumping trash along the rural roads, trashy trailer parks popping up everywhere, taxes continue to skyrocket (for those of us who pay them) on and on.....
This is all part of "growth" city leaders love to promote but I haven't found any good in it.
Hurts my heart when I think of how I was able to grow up and how and what my kids are growing up in.
Sorry, got off topic a bit.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: MikeC] #8238779 04/16/21 01:53 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by MikeC
[
We hunted a ranch back in the mid 80's south of San Angelo and while that's not considered deep south Texas we saw illegals passing through fairly often,.

San Angelo isn't considered South Texas at all, but illegal traffic isn't confined to just south texas.

Some of the worst areas are north of Uvalde in the Leakey/Concan area.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: txtrophy85] #8238792 04/16/21 01:59 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
[
We hunted a ranch back in the mid 80's south of San Angelo and while that's not considered deep south Texas we saw illegals passing through fairly often,.

San Angelo isn't considered South Texas at all, but illegal traffic isn't confined to just south texas.

Pecos country is getting bad

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8238801 04/16/21 02:04 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
[Linked Image]

Posting true progressive propaganda,

We have an uncapped H2a visa program... aka legal entry with background check. Unbelievable stupid post in this thread

Touched a nerve with a funny meme? It's propaganda when it doesn't suit the reader. Your opinion matters not. I still think it's funny.

[Linked Image]

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Black Duck Dog] #8238814 04/16/21 02:11 PM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Black Duck Dog
I still say for Texas to load the buses and take them to D.C and dump them out. It would be cheaper for us (Texas)Just my cents worth

Good grief.....don’t you know DC has better fences than the border?

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8238836 04/16/21 02:24 PM
S
Southtexas36 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
I haven't been to S. TX under this current administration but the whole illegal thing kinda comes with the territory if you're going to be in S. TX. It may come to a point where the risk of hunting down there is more than I want to put up with and that's a personal decision that I'll have to make....I'm not there yet but who knows. My camp stays unlocked when I'm not there, my vehicles stay unlocked when I'm not there, and I basically don't leave anything of value hanging around.

If it's locked or they think something is of value is inside, I can pretty much promise you that it will be broken into, this is not new and it has always been this way. Leave nothing of value, keep everything unlocked and you'll be spending alot less time repairing windows, doors, and locks.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: cullbuck] #8238844 04/16/21 02:30 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by cullbuck
Sorry to hear about your troubles Tim.
Damn shame when it gets to point you can't enjoy what you enjoy doing anymore because of illegal activity that our govt. won't acknowledge or act upon.
I was down there a couple weeks ago and no trouble at our camp yet but it's only a matter of time. We are a little further off the river and not in a prime crossing area but did see them occasionally during Obama and with the volume crossing they will be coming through again. Sad times we are in. I'm living amongst a different invasion of people in central Tx. and it aint much better. People moving in by the thousands, covering all the farmland with houses, people dumping trash along the rural roads, trashy trailer parks popping up everywhere, taxes continue to skyrocket (for those of us who pay them) on and on.....
This is all part of "growth" city leaders love to promote but I haven't found any good in it.
Hurts my heart when I think of how I was able to grow up and how and what my kids are growing up in.
Sorry, got off topic a bit.

No, you are dead on the money with the topic at hand sir IMHO. It all ties together and is exactly what that side loves to see because it is JOB SECURITY for them all that sit in office.
I think your issues go hand in hand right with the 'open border' policies these morons have created!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: hook_n_line] #8239303 04/16/21 07:59 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
[Linked Image]

We have an uncapped H2a visa program... aka legal entry with background check. Unbelievable stupid post in this thread

Touched a nerve with a funny meme? It's propaganda when it doesn't suit the reader. Your opinion matters not. I still think it's funny.

propaganda memes that are flat out lies aren't funny, especially as people die illegally crossing the border, instead of taking legal documented and most importantly safe approach

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 04/16/21 08:22 PM.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8239304 04/16/21 08:01 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]

propaganda memes that are flat out lies aren't funny, especially as people die illegally crossing the border, instead of taking right safe approach

Yup....a lie is a lie....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8239319 04/16/21 08:13 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
How do you know that picture is on this side of the border? We get plenty of products from down south. On the other hand Jesus may have papers.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 04/16/21 08:14 PM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Black Duck Dog] #8239323 04/16/21 08:16 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by Black Duck Dog
I still say for Texas to load the buses and take them to D.C and dump them out.

I really like this plan.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: hook_n_line] #8239334 04/16/21 08:24 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
How do you know that picture is on this side of the border? We get plenty of products from down south. On the other hand Jesus may have papers.

Sorry you must of missed the title of the thread

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: hook_n_line] #8239352 04/16/21 08:46 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

How do you know the picture isn't?

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8239380 04/16/21 09:12 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by freerange
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by freerange
I dont hunt STx anymore but I still stay somewhat in the loop with whats going on. I wonder if its gotten, or will get, bad enough that it effects the popularity of hunting down there. Im sure it always has been a factor for some. Would some consider giving up their spots or leases? Is it that bad?

no doubt it is affecting hunting down there - Mexico's issues have now moved over to south texas - when you are in deer camp and get ready to go to bed at night and have to make sure all doors are locked and a gun is near then it is not a good feeling - also everyone now carries a firearm on them 24-7 when down there -

We also talk to Border Patrol on a regular basis - they tell us that the drug cartels are everywhere - I saw them this past year in the pasture - dressed in all black with backpacks hauling drugs and very well armed -

Dang. Im glad I got out when I did.

LOL me too! Not by my choice but in retrospect it was the perfect timing - God tends to lead us where we need to be even if we do not realize it at the time

So you got off the lease? What about that that 200+” buck y’all let walk last season? Wasn’t worth staying for that ?

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8239383 04/16/21 09:13 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
We had the same issues when I was on a lease on Old Mines Road in Webb county for 3 seasons a few years ago.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8239400 04/16/21 09:27 PM
tlk Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
at our end of the season meeting with the LO's we were told the LO's son was going to shoot that deer next season - they had never pulled that over 13 seasons so it came out of nowhere. Along with that there were some other LO issues so it was time to move on - was a great run but being in charge of a lease (if done the right way) takes a lot of time and energy - got on a small, family only lease with my son and son in law where I can watch my grandkids hunt - life is good

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8239530 04/16/21 11:28 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Sounds like a good long run, too bad about the big deer. Good luck on the new place!

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8239791 04/17/21 03:41 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Hunted South Texas for 40 years.

Can tell lots of stories about all sorts of things.

The only thing that matters is that you and your family are enjoying it, and making memories together.

That's really all it boils down to.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: skinnerback] #8241681 04/19/21 01:27 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Hunted South Texas for 40 years.

Can tell lots of stories about all sorts of things.

The only thing that matters is that you and your family are enjoying it, and making memories together.

That's really all it boils down to.

Yep!

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: txtrophy85] #8242428 04/19/21 06:59 PM
E
ErnestTBass Offline
Tracker
Tracker
E
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
[

It's a different kind of traffic when you get farther north. I've spent my whole life seeing lot of traffic around Sonora / Rocksprings. They get that far north, they're generally just looking for work. The traffic right around the border and in deep South Texas is more likely to be drug runners and trouble makers.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide