Print Thread
Federal Oversight #8239215 04/16/21 06:53 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Police reform commission calls for expanded federal oversight of officer misconduct. It was one of several accountability recommendations released by the bipartisan Council on Criminal Justice’s Task Force on Policing. In addition to the expansion of federal efforts to investigate or help reform police agencies, the task force called for the widespread use of body-worn cameras and a national database of decertified police officers to prevent them from moving to new agencies. This is the task force’s third batch of police reform recommendations. Previous iterations looked at shortcomings in police training and called for mandates that officers intervene when they witness excessive force, an end to chokeholds, and restrictions on no-knock raids. Related: The Trace’s J. Brain Charles this week reported on the path of reform in Newark, New Jersey, where police have been working under Justice Department oversight since 2016.

Re: Federal Oversight [Re: soooo] #8245263 04/22/21 11:22 AM
B
blkt2 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
The feds know that they cannot enforce all of their laws without cooperation from local law enforcement because local law enforcement has local control and local jurisdictions have the option of telling the feds to go pound sand. This keeps statist awake at night and they dream about nationalizing all law enforcement in the United States because they know their goals will not be achievable without doing so. That is the same reason they are so hell-bent on disarming the American public.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: Federal Oversight [Re: soooo] #8245890 04/22/21 09:18 PM
D
DonPablo Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
I wish our state would have the guts to tighten the belt and tell the feds that we don't want any of their $. Then we not have to deal with all these BS laws/regulations. Why does it matter what the dept of education says? Because we take their money. Why does it matter if/when they try and throw regs at local law enforcement? Because we take their money. We need to stop.

Re: Federal Oversight [Re: DonPablo] #8245955 04/22/21 11:03 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DonPablo
I wish our state would have the guts to tighten the belt and tell the feds that we don't want any of their $. Then we not have to deal with all these BS laws/regulations. Why does it matter what the dept of education says? Because we take their money. Why does it matter if/when they try and throw regs at local law enforcement? Because we take their money. We need to stop.

Wait a minute. Their money?

I'm pretty sure you and I, and most Texas citizens GIVE more money to the federal government than we receive.

Succession is the only answer to stop that vicious circle.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Federal Oversight [Re: J.G.] #8246329 04/23/21 12:46 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by FiremanJG
Originally Posted by DonPablo

I'm pretty sure you and I, and most Texas citizens GIVE more money to the federal government than we receive.

Yeah, we actually send more to DC than we get in return. The federal officers are guilty of civil rights violations in the extreme. Waco is one example. I wonder who is watching them?

Re: Federal Oversight [Re: soooo] #8246499 04/23/21 02:51 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Yeah, we actually send more to DC than we get in return. The federal officers are guilty of civil rights violations in the extreme. Waco is one example. I wonder who is watching them?

There may have been child abuse happening in there. They had to kill them to save them.

Re: Federal Oversight [Re: J.G.] #8246561 04/23/21 04:01 PM
D
DonPablo Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Good point.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide