Print Thread
Who here is a BHA homer? #8235241 04/13/21 09:55 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I know I've seen some cheerleaders. Anybody active in the state chapter?

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8235316 04/13/21 10:58 PM
W
WestTN_TX Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
W
I'm a BHA member. Wouldn't necessarily say I'm active in the Texas chapter as I've never attended an event.

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8235340 04/13/21 11:17 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by ducknbass
I know I've seen some cheerleaders.

I've noticed a few prospects here lately myself.

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: WestTN_TX] #8235360 04/13/21 11:36 PM
D
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by WestTN_TX
I'm a BHA member. Wouldn't necessarily say I'm active in the Texas chapter as I've never attended an event.

Would you reach out to your state board and ask them why the bozeman hipsters are staying quiet on the department of interior shutting down 60 million acres to non res in Alaska. I mean that's why you pay your dues. We already know the answer but I'd be interested in hearing the line.

Last edited by ducknbass; 04/13/21 11:37 PM.
Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8235368 04/13/21 11:42 PM
S
SherpaPhil Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

Would you reach out to your state board and ask them why the bozeman hipsters are staying quiet on the department of interior shutting down 60 million acres to non res in Alaska. I mean that's why you pay your dues. We already know the answer but I'd be interested in hearing the line.

What do you think the answer is?

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8235382 04/13/21 11:50 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Bottom Hole Assembly? Jk.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: SherpaPhil] #8235421 04/14/21 12:23 AM
D
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by SherpaPhil

What do you think the answer is?

Well bha is a fraud. Everything republican is bad. Dems do no wrong. It's clear by watching them. After watching I researched. The head of that org is ran by dem operatives. Ryan Busy. Land tawney it's all public info.

What I saw was everytime ryan zinke sneezed near a national monument it was a fund raising drive to rid the country of him. But complete silence when the former administration opened millions of acres to hunting fishing access. They are always quiet on huge but controversial issues. grizzly hunt at yellowstone. Grizzly hunts BC. Wolf reintroduction. Many states like new mexico going after traping on public land. Bha practically tripped over themselves welcoming an anti hunting, anti 2nd amendment, anti fossil fuels head of department of interior. Now that her department is trying to choke out hunting access I assume bha will just ignore it. If they are forced into a corner and address it they will say they are monitoring it or some pass statement.

Last edited by ducknbass; 04/14/21 12:25 AM.
Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: Mike Honcho] #8235427 04/14/21 12:27 AM
D
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
Bottom Hole Assembly? Jk.

Officially it's back country hunters and anglers. They say they advocate for public access to public lands.

I say it stand for back country hikers and adventures. But I'm sure some ignorant hunters pay their dues.

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8235467 04/14/21 12:56 AM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
They've been denying this for years.

But, they can't hide anymore.

https://greendecoys.com/decoys/backcountry-hunters-and-anglers/

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: WestTN_TX] #8235486 04/14/21 01:11 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

They got me for a year’s worth of dues, when they first started out. I started to smell smoke, so I dug in. #1 money spent back on conservation is RMEF, number 2 is SCI.

BHA can’t even show up in the room and try to compare access success of the RMEF.

To much drama and anti-hunting partnerships with BHA for my blood. Wonder how much Patagonia spent on CO wolf introduction ballot, and probably similar to what they spent in BC to close grizzly.

BHA completely lost all support from me the minute they talked trash about HF then did a fundraiser in a put and take ranch.. talk about idiots

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: BbarVRanch] #8235504 04/14/21 01:28 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BbarVRanch

They aren’t a green decoy, they are the complete opposite. They are basically the progressive liberal left of hunting.

There is no middle ground in multi use for them. They want all petroleum based extraction gone on public land but support a green energy foot print that 100x larger for same output. You can’t before conservation while pushing for massive deforestation for a more intrusive solar and wind turbine footprint.

Real Hunting organizations don’t partner with large anti hunting company like Patagonia that’s helped eliminate predator hunting and trapping in several states and provinces.

I won’t even go into the support of certain politicians that have wrecked our park system through major mismanagement

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8236510 04/14/21 10:32 PM
J
JB1316 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

They aren’t a green decoy, they are the complete opposite. They are basically the progressive liberal left of hunting.

There is no middle ground in multi use for them. They want all petroleum based extraction gone on public land but support a green energy foot print that 100x larger for same output. You can’t before conservation while pushing for massive deforestation for a more intrusive solar and wind turbine footprint.

Real Hunting organizations don’t partner with large anti hunting company like Patagonia that’s helped eliminate predator hunting and trapping in several states and provinces.

I won’t even go into the support of certain politicians that have wrecked our park system through major mismanagement

That's interesting, and I'd not heard any of this. Whats funny BOBO is I saw one of your comments a few weeks ago about being anti BHA and I was going to ask you what that's all about but I was a couple of days too late and the thread wasnt active anymore. I honestly never spent the time researching the group, just admire some of their media posts and thought they had some cool t-shirts

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8236522 04/14/21 10:41 PM
W
Whiptail Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
the department of interior shutting down 60 million acres to non res in Alaska.

Here's a LINK

Looks like the native corporations are calling in political favors from the democrats in charge.
The ease of which hunting on federal land can be stopped should be a warning.

Last edited by Whiptail; 04/14/21 10:56 PM.
Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: JB1316] #8237023 04/15/21 12:14 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by JB1316

That's interesting, and I'd not heard any of this. Whats funny BOBO is I saw one of your comments a few weeks ago about being anti BHA and I was going to ask you what that's all about but I was a couple of days too late and the thread wasnt active anymore. I honestly never spent the time researching the group, just admire some of their media posts and thought they had some cool t-shirts

BOBO, What makes them a "decoy" is that they are operating under the guise of "hunters for hunting", and that marketing ploy makes other hunters assume that since they are a hunting organization, they can't be bad...

I've seen this ploy used by the Left for awhile. One such battle was over trapping and predator control, and all of a sudden a group of "ranchers" entered the fray saying that trapping was bad, and predators were good. They weren't "Ranchers"... They were liberal shills trying to convince the public that if ranchers were against trapping, then trapping must be horrible.

BHA is the same type of liberal deception. Problem is, a lot of good hunters got roped in and helped fund them, and added power to their roster numbers.
realmad

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8237730 04/15/21 07:53 PM
Adchunts Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Interesting. The Meateater guys push BHA pretty hard. I never looked into BHA, but it does seem a bit sketchy.

Edit: Maybe this is why. Meateater relinquished majority control of the organization to a Democrat operative:

https://thefederalist.com/2019/01/1...big-problems-for-hunter-focused-company/

Last edited by Adchunts; 04/15/21 07:56 PM.
Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8238897 04/16/21 02:53 PM
D
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Only negative nothing I can say about rinella himself is his disdain for the ar platform. He comes.off pretty a political outside of that.

Now Janis was all about the BLM movement and you know what they say about birds of a feather.

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8238950 04/16/21 03:27 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Only negative nothing I can say about rinella himself is his disdain for the ar platform. He comes.off pretty a political outside of that.

Now Janis was all about the BLM movement and you know what they say about birds of a feather.

Pretty much sums it up. Janis posted “vote the racists out” last year.

Steve will push TRCP more the BHA. He is a board member of TRCP. I feel TRCP is only three maybe four steps above BHA.

When BHA posted/mirrored Patagonia that Trump stole public land on the Bears ears reducation, it pretty much highlighted they are bunch of lying progressive hacks.

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: JB1316] #8238981 04/16/21 03:44 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by JB1316

If I was an old guard conservation, President, C-level, media manager of RMEF, SCI, WSF, etc, Id hire the entire marketing staff away from BHA. They have done an unprecedented job of engaging and getting the buy in and recruitment of the lower hunting age classes.

Unprecedented job!!!

Don't get me wrong BHA has done some good, but you just have to realize, they hold no issues aligning with anyone that will donate to their cause, like Patagonia. I just can't align with that. Their version of multi-use and being anti-drilling was some what stomachable until they started highlighting/promoting legislation and permitting for wind and solar. It's a direct contradiction to their non-multi use stance. I do think any good BHA has done wasn't don't solely with out help from other conservation org's.

I personally think your money goes further with SCI and RMEF

Last edited by BOBO the Clown; 04/16/21 03:44 PM.

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: ducknbass] #8239285 04/16/21 07:46 PM
D
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Sportsman alliance is a good one too. Always on the good right. At the grassroots level.

Re: Who here is a BHA homer? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8239302 04/16/21 07:59 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S

Pretty much sums it up. Janis posted “vote the racists out” last year.

Steve will push TRCP more the BHA. He is a board member of TRCP. I feel TRCP is only three maybe four steps above BHA.

When BHA posted/mirrored Patagonia that Trump stole public land on the Bears ears reducation, it pretty much highlighted they are bunch of lying progressive hacks.

They are both libturds....only support "hunting" if it's done their way.....I like his show and have learned a few things but its easy to see his liberal ideals in the show....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide