Tracker
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Major city PD Chiefs are in opposition. SMDH

Standing with the liberals that defund them. Smart move... flush

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8235400 04/14/21 12:00 AM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I heard that new CoP at DPD running his head...please, give me a break. This is going to pass this go around!

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: BbarVRanch] #8235476 04/14/21 01:04 AM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BbarVRanch
Originally Posted by soooo
1927 & 1500 are headed to the floor for debate Thursday

Excellent!

Keep it moving clear to the Governor's desk!

texas texas

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: BbarVRanch] #8236130 04/14/21 05:35 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Major city PD Chiefs are in opposition. SMDH

Standing with the liberals that defund them. Smart move... flush

Newsflash, this just in "ALL MAJOR CITY POLICE CHIEFS ARE LIBERAL"

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: The Dude Abides] #8236167 04/14/21 06:03 PM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
I heard that new CoP at DPD running his head...please, give me a break. This is going to pass this go around!

Well, he came from the Bay Area of Kommiefornistan so no real surprise he’s against the idea.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8237171 04/15/21 01:37 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Reach out to your State Representatives and make sure they are supporting this bill...HB1927

TX Representative Link

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8237253 04/15/21 02:22 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Texas is a great state but we're a bit backwards when it comes to firearms.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8237393 04/15/21 03:44 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
(R-TX)
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8237482 04/15/21 04:52 PM
E
Earl Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
E
I'll say I'm for Constitutional Carry but I do have my concerns. I'm sure most of you have been in a Concealed Carry class. I've been in a few myself. Each time there were people in those classes that had never shot a gun before. Each time my target was hit by someone else (easy to tell when you shoot a .45 and they don't). I carry Texas Law Shield Insurance/Coverage because thru those classes I'm aware of the legal ramifications if I use my firearm.

It's the duty of every person that carries to know the legal ramifications, how to safely handle and use their firearm, and when they should/should not consider using deadly force. Every person that carries owes it to those around them that they can safely and responsibly use said firearm and not put innocents at risk. Now I know everyone here can do that. I also know, not everyone that would choose to carry an unlicensed handgun will know or even consider such things. Those of us on this board, we wouldn't consider carrying a handgun we have not shot enough to feel comfortable with and trust our life to it. Others, they may not have even shot their handgun period - potentially they haven't even shot a gun ever. They may not know it's safety features. They may not know the basics of safe firearms handling. I'd be lying if I said that doesn't concern me, ALOT.

Last edited by Earl; 04/15/21 04:57 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: Earl] #8237498 04/15/21 04:56 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Earl
I'll say I'm for Constitutional Carry but I do have my concerns. I'm sure most of you have been in a Concealed Carry class. I've been in a few myself. Each time there were people in those classes that had never shot a gun before. Each time my target was hit by someone else (easy to tell when you shoot a .45 and they don't). I carry Texas Law Shield Insurance/Coverage because thru those classes I'm aware of the legal ramifications if I use my firearm.

It's the duty of every person that carries to know the legal ramifications, how to safely handle and use their firearm, and when they should/should not consider using deadly force. Every person that carries owes it to those around them that they can safely and responsibly use said firearm and not put innocents at risk. Now I know everyone here can do that. I also know, not everyone that would chose to carry an unlicensed handgun will know or even consider such things. I'd be lying if I said that doesn't concern me.

When I took my class, there was this lady to my right that was hitting the ground halfway between her and the target. She scared me.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: TCM3] #8237519 04/15/21 05:05 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TCM3

i see, what im assuming, is the 'moms demand action' folks over on the right side of the screen.

(R-TX)
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8237576 04/15/21 05:28 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
The anti-gunners are teamed up for Q&A now.

The fearmongering is strong within them. loco_too

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: TCM3] #8237601 04/15/21 06:04 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Very interesting...

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: The Dude Abides] #8237612 04/15/21 06:19 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Very interesting...

It is!

The anti-gun shills are not having much luck with pushing their restrictive amendments through! cheers

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8237618 04/15/21 06:23 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Do y'all think this really has a chance at passing?

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: unclebubba] #8237640 04/15/21 06:41 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Do y'all think this really has a chance at passing?

Hell yea...it's going to pass

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: Earl] #8237653 04/15/21 06:50 PM
P
presley Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P

It's the duty of every person that carries to know the legal ramifications, how to safely handle and use their firearm, and when they should/should not consider using deadly force. Every person that carries owes it to those around them that they can safely and responsibly use said firearm and not put innocents at risk. Now I know everyone here can do that. I also know, not everyone that would choose to carry an unlicensed handgun will know or even consider such things. Those of us on this board, we wouldn't consider carrying a handgun we have not shot enough to feel comfortable with and trust our life to it. Others, they may not have even shot their handgun period - potentially they haven't even shot a gun ever. They may not know it's safety features. They may not know the basics of safe firearms handling. I'd be lying if I said that doesn't concern me, ALOT.

Well stated

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: presley] #8237679 04/15/21 07:09 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by presley

Well stated

Fearmongering. Baseless.

Constitutional Carry in other states has not seen any of those things happen.

Not everyone is a trained NASCAR driver, but it doesn't mean they can't drive their car to work.

As a former police range officer, I have seen some horrid marksmen who were veteran officers. Not many of those guys (who have potential to use their handguns far more than the avg. citizen) have sprayed innocents with gunfire.

Texans should be afforded the right to defend themselves when placed in harms way. Will 100% of them hit the X ring when faced with life or death situations? Probably not. But we deserve the right to carry and defend ourselves.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: BbarVRanch] #8237695 04/15/21 07:21 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

Well stated

Fearmongering. Baseless.

Not everyone is a trained NASCAR driver, but it doesn't mean they can't drive their car to work.

As a former police range officer, I have seen some horrid marksmen who were veteran officers. Not many of those guys (who have potential to use their handguns far more than the avg. citizen) have sprayed innocents with gunfire.

Texans should be afforded the right to defend themselves when placed in harms way. Will 100% of them hit the X ring when faced with life or death situations? Probably not. But we deserve the right to carry and defend ourselves.

^^ Agree 100%

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: The Dude Abides] #8237723 04/15/21 07:48 PM
E
Earl Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
E
How can it be fearmongering? How can you state with absolute certainty that everyone that will carry a gun will know how to use it and do so safely AND understand the repercussions even if they do? That's all I'm saying.

It only takes one person to shoot someone that they shouldn't to ruin things for everyone. If you don't agree with that, just watch what happens when it does occur because at some point it will. I'm not saying people shouldn't be allowed to carry, I'm ONLY saying that right comes with great responsibility and a person should understand that, be trained for it, and own up to it. How you could disagree with that, God only knows.

You are right, not all LEO's are decent marksmen - I'm not saying a person has to be. But all LEO's do have to qualify and go thru regular training. They understand when to shoot and when not and what the legal ramifications of a shooting are - and even they can make mistakes as has been seen this week.

Earl

Well stated

Fearmongering. Baseless.

^^ Agree 100%

Last edited by Earl; 04/15/21 08:04 PM.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8237739 04/15/21 08:09 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
This has NOT been the case in other states. Yes, accidents do happen, I will agree...cars kill people EVERY single day from good drivers and bad. More so than guns. Apply your analogy to that scenario.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: The Dude Abides] #8237750 04/15/21 08:14 PM
E
Earl Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
E
All I can apply are experience. I've been on the firing line with people that were failed for licenses to carry because of their inability to use a firearm safely. This would let them carry. Agreed, it doesn't mean someone is going to get shot with an AD - but it doesn't mean it eliminates the threat of that happening either.

I CAN tell you that if me or mine were ever harmed thru a negligent discharge or the use of a gun by someone that was not trained in its use, knew how to safely use it, or even the basics of safe firearms use - I would take them for every penny they owned or ever would own and I would venture to say that you would do the same.

Earl

This has NOT been the case in other states. Yes, accidents do happen, I will agree...cars kill people EVERY single day from good drivers and bad. More so than guns. Apply your analogy to that scenario.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: The Dude Abides] #8237758 04/15/21 08:17 PM
U
unclebubba Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
U

You do have to qualify for a DL and in most cases, take a test of some sort. Yes, the test has been dumbed down in recent years, but there is still some manditory training and/or a test. So in this case, the analogy works against your argument.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: Earl] #8237796 04/15/21 08:34 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
All I can apply are experience. I've been on the firing line with people that were failed for licenses to carry because of their inability to use a firearm safely. This would let them carry. Agreed, it doesn't mean someone is going to get shot with an AD - but it doesn't mean it eliminates the threat of that happening either.

I CAN tell you that if me or mine were ever harmed thru a negligent discharge or the use of a gun by someone that was not trained in its use, knew how to safely use it, or even the basics of safe firearms use - I would take them for every penny they owned or ever would own and I would venture to say that you would do the same.

Earl

Your point is at firing line. I'm not talking about people shooting at a range. Yes, idiots are at the range.

Re: Constitutional Carry [Re: soooo] #8237803 04/15/21 08:37 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Some of you Fudds don't have a clue as what freedom really is.

Regulate this, regulate that.

Jesus Christ.

Beto would be proud.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide