Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Truth about the illegals in south texas #8236569 04/14/21 11:36 PM
tlk Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

If anyone doubts that it is a mess on the border check this out.

Our camp near Eagle Pass - been there 13 years with no issues until this past season. We had illegals walking into our camp at night while we were sitting around the fire. They would demand water and food - pretty bold - they also would unplug our outside lights at night and plug in their IPhones to recharge them.

Then last week we found this - took a tire and threw it through the mobile home window - took a ladder and went into the home and stole things - also are cutting fences on a regular basis

Anyone who thinks things are not scary down there and out of control need to get a grip - it is bad

[Linked Image]

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236573 04/14/21 11:39 PM
Master Plumb Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
rifle

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Master Plumb] #8236577 04/14/21 11:43 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Master Plumb
rifle

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236581 04/14/21 11:46 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Sadly, it has been that way in some areas since the late 90's. Worse in some areas and not as bad in others. It is only going to get worse if something is not done in a hurry in South Texas to secure our border.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236586 04/14/21 11:49 PM
M
mikei Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
It may be time for you to get a back hoe and keep it ready to dig. . .

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Master Plumb] #8236589 04/14/21 11:51 PM
tlk Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Master Plumb
rifle

this was a serious post - I am tired of all the post to just to "shoot shovel shut up" - that is a bunch of testosterone talking - in the real world deer lease hunters are not mowing down human beings - silliness

yes .... I and others are tired of all the mess on the border but killing another human? Give me a break

Last edited by tlk; 04/14/21 11:51 PM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: mikei] #8236595 04/14/21 11:53 PM
tlk Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by mikei

so you are on a public forum telling me to shoot humans? I am pissed about it but killing another person? get serious

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236599 04/14/21 11:55 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Press 1 for English.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236602 04/14/21 11:58 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
I can’t imagine how frustrating this situation is for those on the border. Worst of all was we kinda had it fixed. Now in just a few short months it’s as bad as it has ever been.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: bill oxner] #8236603 04/14/21 11:58 PM
tlk Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Press 1 for English.

as usual nobody here has a clue what you are talking about - please expand on your post

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236608 04/15/21 12:01 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I dont hunt STx anymore but I still stay somewhat in the loop with whats going on. I wonder if its gotten, or will get, bad enough that it effects the popularity of hunting down there. Im sure it always has been a factor for some. Would some consider giving up their spots or leases? Is it that bad?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236616 04/15/21 12:08 AM
F
fredeboy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Originally Posted by tlk

so you are on a public forum telling me to shoot humans? I am pissed about it but killing another person? get serious

TLK
I see nothing to suggest most of these folks are not serious and I see nothing to make me think I do not agree with them. All the BS going on today will eventually come to a head and by then you need to double check your personal tolerance JMHO

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: fredeboy] #8236624 04/15/21 12:13 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by fredeboy
Originally Posted by tlk

TLK
I see nothing to suggest most of these folks are not serious and I see nothing to make me think I do not agree with them. All the BS going on today will eventually come to a head and by then you need to double check your personal tolerance JMHO

It’s an invasion and not all of them are unarmed....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: freerange] #8236628 04/15/21 12:15 AM
tlk Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by freerange
I dont hunt STx anymore but I still stay somewhat in the loop with whats going on. I wonder if its gotten, or will get, bad enough that it effects the popularity of hunting down there. Im sure it always has been a factor for some. Would some consider giving up their spots or leases? Is it that bad?

no doubt it is affecting hunting down there - Mexico's issues have now moved over to south texas - when you are in deer camp and get ready to go to bed at night and have to make sure all doors are locked and a gun is near then it is not a good feeling - also everyone now carries a firearm on them 24-7 when down there -

We also talk to Border Patrol on a regular basis - they tell us that the drug cartels are everywhere - I saw them this past year in the pasture - dressed in all black with backpacks hauling drugs and very well armed -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236636 04/15/21 12:23 AM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by tlk

no doubt it is affecting hunting down there - Mexico's issues have now moved over to south texas - when you are in deer camp and get ready to go to bed at night and have to make sure all doors are locked and a gun is near then it is not a good feeling - also everyone now carries a firearm on them 24-7 when down there -

We also talk to Border Patrol on a regular basis - they tell us that the drug cartels are everywhere - I saw them this past year in the pasture - dressed in all black with backpacks hauling drugs and very well armed -

Dang. Im glad I got out when I did.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236638 04/15/21 12:26 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Yep, those 'poor" people with Iphones......

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: freerange] #8236639 04/15/21 12:27 AM
tlk Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by tlk

Dang. Im glad I got out when I did.

LOL me too! Not by my choice but in retrospect it was the perfect timing - God tends to lead us where we need to be even if we do not realize it at the time

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236645 04/15/21 12:32 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Given the current leadership, you really cannot blame ranchers for taking matters into their own hands. It was handled the same way many years ago. 'Not saying it's right, just saying how it is.

Regarding the cartels, I wish certain priests would develop some testicles, and be able to say no to the $. Corrupt bastards.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: Creekrunner] #8236666 04/15/21 12:51 AM
tlk Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Given the current leadership, you really cannot blame ranchers for taking matters into their own hands. It was handled the same way many years ago. 'Not saying it's right, just saying how it is.

Regarding the cartels, I wish certain priests would develop some testicles, and be able to say no to the $. Corrupt bastards.

with all due respect - not saying it never happens but if folks really think south texas LO's are murdering people on their ranches and burying them? It is not "how it is" - I have been a part of South Texas for too long and know too many ranch owners - that is not happening - they would never risk everything they have - folklore

You can't fix stupid
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236667 04/15/21 12:53 AM
F
flintknapper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by tlk

^^^^

And this is crux of it all. Cartels already control the Border (ALL OF IT on the Mexican side), make no mistake. As Drugs and Human trafficking increase, that element slowly (but surely) creeps Northward and will control/command parts of South Texas if not stopped.

No doubt this will have an effect on Land Owners, Lessees and Lessors. My Brother has a 6K ranch (high fenced) just outside of Del Rio and for several years now...they have to 'check' deer blinds before entering because 'illegals' traveling through the ranch will sleep in them overnight.

The larger elevated stands all have locks on them now. The ranch manager does the best he can to patrol the place but illegals cut fences, break into outbuildings, leave trash behind.

It all makes for a very uncomfortable situation.

Spartans ask not...how many, but where!
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236701 04/15/21 01:10 AM
Superduty Offline
"The Regulator"
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by tlk

I live in DFW and carry 24/7.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236718 04/15/21 01:25 AM
B
breadman Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
so what are the options ? federal goverment ? not this admin. , so any ideas on WHAT needs to be done and WHO is suposed to do it ?

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236785 04/15/21 02:34 AM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Man that’s terrible

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236800 04/15/21 02:51 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by tlk

If anyone doubts that it is a mess on the border check this out.

Our camp near Eagle Pass - been there 13 years with no issues until this past season. We had illegals walking into our camp at night while we were sitting around the fire. They would demand water and food - pretty bold - they also would unplug our outside lights at night and plug in their IPhones to recharge them.

Then last week we found this - took a tire and threw it through the mobile home window - took a ladder and went into the home and stole things - also are cutting fences on a regular basis

Anyone who thinks things are not scary down there and out of control need to get a grip - it is bad

[Linked Image]

roflmao Welcome to the show.

Re: Truth about the illegals in south texas [Re: tlk] #8236801 04/15/21 02:52 AM
T
TexasKC Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
We had a great lease at Batesville for years but finally gave it up 10 years ago because of illegals and the damage they did to everything that wasn't nailed down. After we left, the landowner bulldozed and root plowed the whole 1k acres and started farming the place. People in other parts of the country have no idea of the tremendous number of people coming across the border.

In the end, it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide