Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,813
Posts9,729,428
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. #8235980 04/14/21 03:39 PM
J
JTPinTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
J
The last 4 weeks have been pretty tough around our house. Without going into too many details I'll just say that my wife had Covid, I've had Covid (my case wasn't bad, but not fun either), and then my wife had a relapse on Covid coupled with a bad case of bacterial pneumonia. My wife spent 7 days in the hospital, 5 of those in Dallas at Baylor Scott White in the Covid wing in serious condition. She scared us all pretty bad. The situation was even tougher because she is also currently undergoing chemo treatments for colo-rectal cancer and has a very suppressed immune system right now. But last week we got her out of the hospital, spent a few more days in Dallas with her chemo doc, and got her back on track with her chemo. She is back home now and doing pretty good all things considered. Still has a long ways to go for recovery on her lungs, it will be a slow process. We are just keeping her isolated at home away from any other bugs she might pick up and letting her rest and heal.

I was able to take the daughter out one night a several weeks ago and let her shoot a small boar off the pig barrel on a night stalk. That was before my wife had her Covid relapse. This past weekend after we got my wife back home my daughter stayed with her one night while I went out with my friend for a couple hours, we put on a stalk on a small sounder out in a wheat field and knocked a few down. My friends daughter shot a nice sow, and I shot a medium boar and a pretty good sow.

Not much of a hunting story to go with the pics because I am still pretty wore out and don't have the energy to write it, but really we all like pics better anyways, lol. Enjoy!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8235996 04/14/21 03:50 PM
D
der Teufel Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
You know what they say, "If there are no pictures, it didn't happen!"
We like photos, and these are great!

I have two unwritten rules:
Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8236098 04/14/21 05:07 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Very nice!

Glad things are calming down enough so you all can go out and start enjoying again!

Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8236123 04/14/21 05:31 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Man you are doing good

Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8236822 04/15/21 03:24 AM
C
Chopperdrvr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Glad your wife is back home and doing better. Good job on the hogs too.

Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8237057 04/15/21 12:36 PM
J
JTPinTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
J
Got a good boar showing back up at the pig barrel the last few days. Been saving him for my daughter, playing tag with him the last 2-3 months. If he will stay on schedule for 2 more days I'm hoping to get her on him this weekend. She has been wanting this one for a good while now. Big spotted boar with some good cutters. Fingers crossed I can get her connected on him.

Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8239086 04/16/21 04:52 PM
E
ElkOne Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Always enjoy your reports, your doing a great job with the family, good things will come of this !

ElkOne
Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8239427 04/16/21 10:02 PM
J
JTPinTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
J
Surprise! Surprise!

Just got the call from a landowner that I shoot coyotes and pigs for on that has around 9000 acres. He invited me to go up in the helicopter with them tomorrow on a hog/predator control hunt on his and his neighbors properties. Not sure how many acres we will be flying but it is quite a bit. Going to have two helicopters flying tomorrow. Landowners looking for maximum carnage.

Been wanting to do this for a long time. Bucket list item for me. Super excited!

Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8239471 04/16/21 10:33 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by JTPinTX
Surprise! Surprise!

Just got the call from a landowner that I shoot coyotes and pigs for on that has around 9000 acres. He invited me to go up in the helicopter with them tomorrow on a hog/predator control hunt on his and his neighbors properties. Not sure how many acres we will be flying but it is quite a bit. Going to have two helicopters flying tomorrow. Landowners looking for maximum carnage.

Been wanting to do this for a long time. Bucket list item for me. Super excited!

You'll enjoy that!

I've gunned quite a bit on coyotes.

What you shooting?

Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8239640 04/17/21 01:27 AM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
You should have a great time on the hunt. Glad your wife is doing better

Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: BbarVRanch] #8242040 04/19/21 01:54 PM
J
JTPinTX Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BbarVRanch
Originally Posted by JTPinTX
Surprise! Surprise!

You'll enjoy that!

I've gunned quite a bit on coyotes.

What you shooting?

We flew in an R44. Pilot on the right, two shooters on the left. I shoot left handed so they put me in the front seat. I was shooting a 14.5" AR piston gun (556, shooting 62 BTHP) with a suppressor. scope set on 1x with illuminated reticle. Guy in the back seat was shooting a Benelli 12 ga with 3" buckshot. The combo worked pretty good. I could shoot ahead with the AR and he shot cleanup as we went by. Pigs I did real well, coyotes are pretty tough with an AR. Pilot complemented me on my gun handling and shooting though. Open country I did OK on coyotes but when it gets thick it gets really tough. A shotgun is the right tool for that. Our group killed around 110 pigs and 70+ coyotes. That was part of the county where mainly I call coyotes, but occasionally shoot some pigs.

Another helicopter flew some other parts of the county. In the morning they flew across my BIL's place where I hunt pigs a lot. They just got a few on him but really tied into them just west of him. They weren't shooting coyotes, just pigs. They killed 105 pigs in a couple hours. That helicopter then went over to the opposite side of the county where me and my buddy hunt pigs a lot. They probably flew his place, for sure next door to him. They killed 118 over there. So, 3 of my 4 pig hunting areas got flown, lol. Total of about 325 pigs killed. Pickings may be slim for a month or two until they filter back in. I've got some other places I can shift over to and hunt though. Any shortage will be purely temporary.

Re: Life has been crazy, but we have knocked a few more down. [Re: JTPinTX] #8242093 04/19/21 02:24 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Great job!

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide