Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: skinnerback] #8234729 04/13/21 02:38 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Sniper, I'm not trying to be an azz to you.

I am communicating to you that a lot of folks are tired of your preaching and injecting your religious beliefs into everything.

Not being a "bully" or attacking you. C'mon, chill. cheers

I'd be glad to buy you a beer, or steak. No personal insults required. up

First, I am not preaching. I am sharing my opinion on an open forum just like every other member who signs up has the privilege to do. I am sharing the opinion I believe. Just like you do on your posts. Just like every single person who posts does. It is a forum. My opinion is just that. It is my opinion. It may not contribute one thing to anyone on here. But if just one soul sees/reads one word that might be the one word or thought that helps them. Praise the Lord.

Surely if we can have almost non stop threads on the best liquor or beer and threads or how we regularly tell people off, threaten them, and proudly boast about berating others, we can accept the very few on here that openly voice and share their Christian faith.

“NO PERSONAL INSULTS REQUIRES.” Yet two posts later you call me a “condescending prick.” Simply because NP challenges you. That speaks volumes. I thinks you be needing to chill. Ha.

I don’t need to chill. I can promise you. You could meet every single member in this forum, past and present, and you will never find a living person more “chill” than I. Thanks to the absolute power and goodness of Jesus himself.

Skinner, I believe you when you say it is not personal. It’s just who you are.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Earl] #8234736 04/13/21 02:42 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Earl
Do Dogs have souls? Good question. I have read my Bible in and out and while you CAN point to passages where God put man in dominion over animals, it doesn't specifically state only man has a soul. I'm not the creator and God does what God will do...but like Will Rogers I want to be where the dogs go.

We may have dominion over the animals, but nothing loves you like a dog does - nothing. Nothing senses when you are sick, depressed or had a bad day - like a dog does. Nothing cares for you and shows absolutely nothing but love for you each and every day of it's life like a dog does, nothing. Dogs are the only animal on earth (INCLUDING us Humans) that will absolutely give you 100% unconditional love, forever. A dog will never lie, it will never turn it's back on you, and it will never betray you. I can't tell you how many times I've just sat or laid there and watch them sleep - I know they dream. What they dream of I don't know but I do know it always involves running (maybe he's getting that damn squirrel that always chatters at him). They can be mischievous, happy, sad, sick, loving, and sorry for something they have done - just like humans. Mine smile, I know it. And when things go bad and bad people come calling - you want a good dog by your side as it will gladly give it's life in defense of it's pack, without a 2nd thought. They are more dedicated, loyal, protective and loving that we humans. I don't think they have souls, I know they have souls.

And when I get to heaven I want to be rejoined not only with friends and family members - but all my beloved dogs because they were no less members of my family (indeed they were often times much better, but then I may not be seeing those family members there).

Earl

Earl. The middle part of your post is absolutely correct and beautiful. Nothing like the loving heart of a dog. They are truly given to us by God.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Bee'z] #8234764 04/13/21 02:55 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 2Beez
roflmaoSkinner is right. Ban him and you may as well ban me too.Sniper and NG are known morons. TB is almost there and he is a DF.

Ahh. The captain of the clique arrives. You should really read your post before you hit Post Reply. LOL.
You should really change your name from 2Beez to 2Parrot. That’s all you usually do; just parrot the words, ideas, and opinions of those on here you so desperately want to like you. But fear not Parrot, eventually you will get out of Junior High. Until then. Stay on the bench. You are seriously are out of your league.

Known morons? According to you? I accept that that fully and gladly. It’s a badge of honor coming from D-Parrot.
Now go put on your need pads and get back to the end of the bench. Polly want a ......

Everyone watch now. The strings are being pulled. Several on here could post what’s coming from D-Parrot.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Sneaky] #8234769 04/13/21 02:57 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Do Dogs have souls? Good question. I have read my Bible in and out and while you CAN point to passages where God put man in dominion over animals, it doesn't specifically state only man has a soul. I'm not the creator and God does what God will do...but like Will Rogers I want to be where the dogs go.

We may have dominion over the animals, but nothing loves you like a dog does - nothing. Nothing senses when you are sick, depressed or had a bad day - like a dog does. Nothing cares for you and shows absolutely nothing but love for you each and every day of it's life like a dog does, nothing. Dogs are the only animal on earth (INCLUDING us Humans) that will absolutely give you 100% unconditional love, forever. A dog will never lie, it will never turn it's back on you, and it will never betray you. I can't tell you how many times I've just sat or laid there and watch them sleep - I know they dream. What they dream of I don't know but I do know it always involves running (maybe he's getting that damn squirrel that always chatters at him). They can be mischievous, happy, sad, sick, loving, and sorry for something they have done - just like humans. Mine smile, I know it. And when things go bad and bad people come calling - you want a good dog by your side as it will gladly give it's life in defense of it's pack, without a 2nd thought. They are more dedicated, loyal, protective and loving that we humans. I don't think they have souls, I know they have souls.

And when I get to heaven I want to be rejoined not only with friends and family members - but all my beloved dogs because they were no less members of my family (indeed they were often times much better, but then I may not be seeing those family members there).

Earl

Those that reach Heaven will not necessarily be joined by their friends and family. Us wanting them there will not be enough to make it so. They have to make that choice on their own. How do animals make that choice?

Sadly and very unfortunately you are very correct. So correct.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234776 04/13/21 03:01 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Earl. We don’t know for sure. We can only make a determination biblically but I too believe dogs will be in heaven. Will OUR dogs as we knew them here, that I do not know. But I agree, why would God have something on earth that so closely represents the pure love of our Father not be in heaven.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Tin Head] #8234781 04/13/21 03:04 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Tin Head
Originally Posted by jetdad
The dog dream thread reminded me of something. When I was 10 or 11 our Baptist preacher told our Sunday school class that we died we would never see our dogs again when we died as dogs had no soul. I called BS on him and was labeled a trouble maker. There is no doubt in my mind that dogs have souls. Yes, I'll even throw cats in here too. You can tell from their tail wagging and the raised hair on their backs. Emotion = soul to me.

islam hates dogs

They dont hatem

they are dinner on 4 legs

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Earl] #8234782 04/13/21 03:05 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Earl

Ive been bitten by my own dog.
My dog has disobeyed
My dog has temporarily run off
My dog has chewed chit up it knew it shouldn't have and hid.

Saying a dog never hurt you like a cheating wife is not anywhere near an apples to apples comparison... unless maybe your "sleeping" with your dog and it gets with the dog across the fence.

I love my dog, but lets not put them on the same pedestal other items are placed on from time to time.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Earl] #8234802 04/13/21 03:16 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

Those that reach Heaven will not necessarily be joined by their friends and family. Us wanting them there will not be enough to make it so. They have to make that choice on their own. How do animals make that choice?

Animals didn't eat the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge - they are free from sin and still retain their innocence - just as Adam and Eve were before. Animals were not originally created for Adam's consumption - they were created as companions for Adam in the Garden of Eden. Adam didn't have dominion over them nor did he eat them. That all started after the fall of man - when God made covenants with not just men - but with animals too. I personally find it hard to fathom WHY God would make a covenant with a soulless/spiritless entity if they were to merely exist purely for our dominion.

I'm not here to argue - people have their beliefs and own interpretations of the Bible. I have mine. They aren't going to change. No one knows the answer until they're dead.

Personally - Dogs have souls. As do all animals. Heaven is described numerous times in the Bible - in numerous descriptions there are animals there.

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234805 04/13/21 03:19 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I usually do not come here for answers. I usually come here to express my opinion. If you agree, fine. If you disagree, fine, but I do not figure I am going to change your mind and you are probably not going to change mine, so why try. Different strokes for different folks. Because we disagree does not make you correct, nor does it make me incorrect. Besides, words do not usually change anything for me. It is usually actions that make the biggest impressions.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234808 04/13/21 03:23 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

Does Nathan have a dog? Asking for a friend.

peep

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234811 04/13/21 03:24 PM
oldoak2000 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Yep - there are people in other countries that eat dog just like we eat chicken or cow. and aren't cows sacred to Hindus? who's wrong and who's right?

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Cochise] #8234874 04/13/21 04:18 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Cochise

Animals didn't eat the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge - they are free from sin and still retain their innocence - just as Adam and Eve were before. Animals were not originally created for Adam's consumption - they were created as companions for Adam in the Garden of Eden. Adam didn't have dominion over them nor did he eat them. That all started after the fall of man - when God made covenants with not just men - but with animals too. I personally find it hard to fathom WHY God would make a covenant with a soulless/spiritless entity if they were to merely exist purely for our dominion.

I'm not here to argue - people have their beliefs and own interpretations of the Bible. I have mine. They aren't going to change. No one knows the answer until they're dead.

Personally - Dogs have souls. As do all animals. Heaven is described numerous times in the Bible - in numerous descriptions there are animals there.

Nice post sir. You are correct in that we will not truly know until we get there. This is where true faith comes in.
I too believe dogs will be in Heaven. I do not believe they have souls as is the human soul. I seriously do not believe that our idea of a dog’s soul, yes or no, determines if we get to heaven. It’s but a small thing.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: ntxtrapper] #8234881 04/13/21 04:24 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
I sincerely hope all my dogs are there, but not the Cape buffalo I've shot.

roflmao

roflmao

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: redchevy] #8234937 04/13/21 05:08 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by redchevy

Earl

My dog has disobeyed

Saying a dog never hurt you like a cheating wife is not anywhere near an apples to apples comparison... unless maybe your "sleeping" with your dog and it gets with the dog across the fence.

I love my dog, but lets not put them on the same pedestal other items are placed on from time to time.

That’s not for you to decide...... I will put mine where I please and I am on board with Earl......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8235034 04/13/21 06:28 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Isaiah 55

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.

We will just have to trust the Lord for the rest.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8235057 04/13/21 06:46 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I admit I'm a dog lover but I don't believe in spoiling them.

[Linked Image]

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: soooo] #8235060 04/13/21 06:50 PM
F
FamousAmos Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by soooo

The Bible says no.

Can you provide chapter and verse?

“And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭6:8‬
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8235082 04/13/21 07:06 PM
S
Smokey Bear Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I’ve had two that I hope make it in. Neither one has accepted Christ to the best of my knowledge or spent even one second in a church. Their hearts and character were truer than a lot of Christian men and women I’ve known. The first one was a black dog that was a bird finding machine. My close friends that often hunted with her called her the devil dog. She reveled in what god made her to do more than any other dog I have hunted with. The second is my current dog. God blessed him with more talent than any I have owned. I have enjoyed those two dogs company more than most humans. If heaven is better than earth, for all I know, Jesus may be carrying a Citori on Saturdays and watching those two run.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: FamousAmos] #8235121 04/13/21 07:43 PM
oldoak2000 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by FamousAmos
Originally Posted by soooo

The Bible says no.

Can you provide chapter and verse?

There is that chapter & verse, 7:6, where he says 'do not give what is holy to dogs'.....

and also 22:15 'But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.'...

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8235134 04/13/21 08:01 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted by redchevy

Earl

My dog has disobeyed

That’s not for you to decide...... I will put mine where I please and I am on board with Earl......

What isnt for me to decide? I dont think I decided anything for anyone?

Are you saying a relationship with you dog is comparable to your relationship with your spouse?

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Cochise] #8235195 04/13/21 09:16 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Cochise

Another good point.

Who knows?

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8235249 04/13/21 10:01 PM
E
Earl Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
E
There’s an old twilight zone episode where as I remember an old man finds out that heaven is where he goes to hunt with his dog. Hey worse things could happen especially to those of us that spend so much time on a hunting board and in the company of dogs.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8235296 04/13/21 10:45 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Good thread , the Bible says God has more in store for us than we can imagine. Dogs make us happy so I’ll believe God would never do anything to make heaven less desirable than life on earth .

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8235310 04/13/21 10:53 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I got to thinking about this. I think it is the same for humans and animals. There are a lot of humans that do not have a soul. Look at the way they act and conduct themselves and you will see them. Animals are the same. Any friendly animal that is good to other animals and humans must have a soul. Pit bulls and coyotes must have been created by the devil and they have no souls. I came up with this after drinking 4 cheap beers checking snares so it must be true.

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8235313 04/13/21 10:58 PM
C
chalet Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
If when we make it to heaven we are pure spirit then I don't think anybody here can possibly comprehend in their human mind what heaven is like. How could you? When I was a kid I thought heaven would be the muddy stock tank swim hole next to our house with a couple of recliners in the grass next to it so Grandma and Grandpa could be comfortable and I could swim all day. That was a child's impression, a child's way to understand it and therefore motivation to get to it.

I don't believe dogs have souls, I don't think they'll be in heaven and I love my dog to death. At least not dogs as we know them here. However - If believing dogs are going to be there makes heaven understandable for you that is perfectly ok with me.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide