Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8233853 04/12/21 06:22 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Preachers are worldly souls with a little more insight than the regular Yogi Bear. Bible is open to interpretation in lots of places and interpretation translates into having faith. I have the faith that God will furnish our souls with some of the things that He has put here on this earth to make our lives easier and better. I consider dogs to be one of those things that make our lives easier and better. I will continue to believe that until something comes along to change my mind. Not doubting that any of you feel differently, but none of you have been to heaven and come back to let us know what is and what is not there. Not doubting the interpretation of any preachers either, but they are in the same boat.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8233859 04/12/21 06:27 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I suppose the best we can hope for is to go there and find out for ourselves.

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: BenBob] #8233918 04/12/21 07:47 PM
oldoak2000 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by BenBob
.... put here on this earth to make our lives easier and better. I consider dogs to be one of those things that make our lives easier and better. I will continue to believe that until something comes along to change my mind....

Didn't dogs begin as wolves? Wasn't it man who domesticated them?

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: BenBob] #8233921 04/12/21 07:52 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Preachers are worldly souls with a little more insight than the regular Yogi Bear. Bible is open to interpretation in lots of places and interpretation translates into having faith. I have the faith that God will furnish our souls with some of the things that He has put here on this earth to make our lives easier and better. I consider dogs to be one of those things that make our lives easier and better. I will continue to believe that until something comes along to change my mind. Not doubting that any of you feel differently, but none of you have been to heaven and come back to let us know what is and what is not there. Not doubting the interpretation of any preachers either, but they are in the same boat.

Studying God’s word and praying that God will give you wisdom will open up the Bible to you. You can have tremendous insight into the plans, purpose, and methods God uses. One doesn’t have to have gone to heaven to know a tremendous amount about Heaven and what is coming. The Bible has already “come along.” Whether you wish to make yourself knowledgeable and aware is up to you. Many people are not in the same boat. Many people have put in the effort to educate themselves. There are numerous preachers who have tremendous insight into God’s word.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Sneaky] #8233924 04/12/21 07:55 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky

Hope will not get one to Heaven. Hope is not a tactic. One should know about their salvation. It is not hard to have absolute certainty about one’s salvation.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: oldoak2000] #8233927 04/12/21 07:56 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by oldoak2000
.... put here on this earth to make our lives easier and better. I consider dogs to be one of those things that make our lives easier and better. I will continue to believe that until something comes along to change my mind....

Didn't dogs begin as wolves? Wasn't it man who domesticated them?

Man was given dominion over all animals.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Sniper.270] #8233937 04/12/21 08:08 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

Hope will not get one to Heaven. Hope is not a tactic. One should know about their salvation. It is not hard to have absolute certainty about one’s salvation.

Not hard in comprehension? or Execution?

I call that a bold statement.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Sniper.270] #8233952 04/12/21 08:18 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

Studying God’s word and praying that God will give you wisdom will open up the Bible to you. You can have tremendous insight into the plans, purpose, and methods God uses. One doesn’t have to have gone to heaven to know a tremendous amount about Heaven and what is coming. The Bible has already “come along.” Whether you wish to make yourself knowledgeable and aware is up to you. Many people are not in the same boat. Many people have put in the effort to educate themselves. There are numerous preachers who have tremendous insight into God’s word.

Was just expressing my opinion. I know yours has to be more correct than mine.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8233955 04/12/21 08:21 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I sometimes wonder if certain people have souls when they can be more cruel than animals. I never heard a dog talk but I have learned a few things from them. Other animals too. You don't have to read a book to have faith. Anyone who thinks you do is a fool. One interpretation being different from another's is the building block for a rift between cultures. That is how wars get started. Who's written belief is right, the oldest, the latest, the one that fits what you want to believe, or the one you perceive to be true? Knowledge of people is power. If you can persuade people to believe bs and they're happy then you have power over them. If you can't persuade them then they may be your enemy but who's choice was that. You for making them an enemy for not believing what you believe or their's for excepting you have a different belief but not giving a flush and ignoring you? Grandma believed everything has a spirit and is connected in some way or another. Believe what you will and be proud but it's not your place as it's not mine to condemn someone who doesn't believe the same. Everything is connected because some beliefs cross oceans and mountains because they are commonsense.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Sniper.270] #8234023 04/12/21 09:34 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

I didn’t say it would, but thanks anyway, Preacher.

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Sneaky] #8234031 04/12/21 09:40 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

I didn’t say it would, but thanks anyway, Preacher.

My mistake. What was being said in your above statement?

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234046 04/12/21 09:50 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Man, this can get off into the weeds and bring out the denominational, hair-splitting dogma. Not to mention the true definition of "judgement", as in "Do not judge, lest ye be judged." My Wonder Dog Bebe would not approve, if she could read. (She's napping right now.)

Zeroing in on a word like "hope", like a Kamakazi, disecting it and pointing a finger, is the attitude that, in my humble and flawed opinion, turns more people off to Christ than attracts. Accepting Christ as your Savior and living a glorious life in the Hereafter isn't a darn MENSA exam!

And don't get me started on a guy asking another guy how he's doing and he almost has a spasm to respond "BLESSED!"

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234050 04/12/21 09:52 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

[Linked Image]

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234080 04/12/21 10:05 PM
H
Huntmaster Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
John 14:6-unless a dog can read; he’s not making the trip.

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234084 04/12/21 10:08 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
What about the talking donkey? There was one, you know. Dare I say it? "Look it up."

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Creekrunner] #8234090 04/12/21 10:12 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
What about the talking donkey? There was one, you know. Dare I say it? "Look it up."

[Linked Image]

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234093 04/12/21 10:15 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Oh, geez. Now you're gonna start a whole new thang. bang

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234099 04/12/21 10:22 PM
G
Gravytrain Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I'm going to work on myself and hope my dogs are there if I make it.

Upon us all, upon us all, a little rain must fall
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Gravytrain] #8234136 04/12/21 10:50 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Gravytrain
I'm going to work on myself.

Same here.

Over the last 8-10 months I've been slipping pretty bad. Just took a hard look in the mirror. It's time for a reset and start living right again.

God can sort out the dogs.

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Creekrunner] #8234160 04/12/21 11:17 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Man, this can get off into the weeds and bring out the denominational, hair-splitting dogma. Not to mention the true definition of "judgement", as in "Do not judge, lest ye be judged." My Wonder Dog Bebe would not approve, if she could read. (She's napping right now.)

Zeroing in on a word like "hope", like a Kamakazi, disecting it and pointing a finger, is the attitude that, in my humble and flawed opinion, turns more people off to Christ than attracts. Accepting Christ as your Savior and living a glorious life in the Hereafter isn't a darn MENSA exam!

And don't get me started on a guy asking another guy how he's doing and he almost has a spasm to respond "BLESSED!"

You have over 17K posts surely you know there is not a post on here that does not “get in the weeds.” There is no “denomination, hair splitting dogma” going on. It’s a forum. People are simply sharing their opinion. If it causes you grief, simply go to another thread. We have 25 pages of what alcoholic beverage is going being consumed. I don’t see anyone complaining. If it’s not your thing, move along.

Since you bring up the “judgement” scripture, actually if one is going to bring it up, he/she should actually understand judgement and discernment. Major difference in the two and application.

In my humble and flawed opinion I don’t think anyone is dissecting and pointing fingers. Again, it’s a forum. LOL
It is also my flawed and humble opinion that people who talk about people being turned off by this or that, or simple looking for a reason to be “turned off.” IMHO. But it’s all good. To each his/her own. I ignore about 98% of topics for that very reason.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: Creekrunner] #8234161 04/12/21 11:19 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

You should share this story of Balaam. It it a wonderful story.

Proverbs 2
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234178 04/12/21 11:37 PM
nebo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
All I can say is I hope my dogs are in heaven and hope God has a sense of humor. I have done a few real bad things in my life but I believe God will forgive me. I pray he does.

Mayor of Nebo , Texas this week
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234181 04/12/21 11:43 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
I've essentially been a nomad my entire adult life and have worshipped in many different churches and chapels, with flavors from almost as many denominations (which is man-made tradition). What I have learned is that there are certain things that are non-negotiable when following Christ: Christ is the Son of God, He came to earth as a man (fully God, fully man), was crucified for our sins, was resurrected three days later, ascended into Heaven, and sits at the right hand of God interceding for us. He is who He says he is.

As for the other things, arguments only serve to separate, distract, and cause dissension among us. Many a congregation has been destroyed by changing the carpet in the sanctuary.

FWIW. 2cents

[Linked Image]
Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: jetdad] #8234191 04/12/21 11:55 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Lots of folks are getting tired of listening to the Jimmy Swaggart of the THF.

We all have different beliefs, but there always seems to be a few folks that just won't quit shoving their religious beliefs in your face at every opportunity.

Wouldn't hurt to chill out.

Re: Do dogs have a soul? [Re: nebo] #8234196 04/13/21 12:01 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by nebo
All I can say is I hope my dogs are in heaven and hope God has a sense of humor. I have done a few real bad things in my life but I believe God will forgive me. I pray he does.

Haven’t we all. Thankfully, if we seek forgiveness he will give it to us.
I too hope our dogs will be in heaven. The two boxers I have now are truly more human than dog. Ha. I believe that Heaven will be earth as it was intended. Minus sin of course.

Proverbs 2
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide