Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
THF expert advice wanted about Ink Cartridges #8233977 04/12/21 08:44 PM
pertnear Online Content OP
"Demolition Man"
OP Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Our HP Office-Jet printer just got cussed at by my wife because it ran out of ink again. Luckily I had a new black cartridge squirreled away. I went to Amazon to make sure I got some more ink cartridges on the way. I always buy genuine HP, but geezus $90 for a pair of 1 color & 1 black! Does anyone have any experience with the re-manufactured cartridges?They seem to be 1/2 cost. Are they a waste of money? Does the old adage hold true, "You get what you pay for."

TIA

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.” - George Orwell
Re: THF expert advice wanted about Ink Cartridges [Re: pertnear] #8234038 04/12/21 09:45 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by pertnear
Our HP Office-Jet printer just got cussed at by my wife because it ran out of ink again. Luckily I had a new black cartridge squirreled away. I went to Amazon to make sure I got some more ink cartridges on the way. I always buy genuine HP, but geezus $90 for a pair of 1 color & 1 black! Does anyone have any experience with the re-manufactured cartridges?They seem to be 1/2 cost. Are they a waste of money? Does the old adage hold true, "You get what you pay for."

TIA

I have a laser printer that uses toner.

I buy the after market all the time, I can get Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and (2) Blacks for what one Brother Cartridge Toner Cartridge cost

Now of days they are putting chips on the new cartridges, I think it so you can't use aftermarket ink/toner but I am sure they have found a way to get around that.

They seem to print about the same as the OEM Cartridges, prices point is much cheaper, I buy them on Ebay

Re: THF expert advice wanted about Ink Cartridges [Re: RedRanger] #8234053 04/12/21 09:54 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by RedRanger

TIA

I buy the after market all the time, I can get Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and (2) Blacks for what one Brother Cartridge Toner Cartridge cost

Now of days they are putting chips on the new cartridges, I think it so you can't use aftermarket ink/toner but I am sure they have found a way to get around that.

They seem to print about the same as the OEM Cartridges, prices point is much cheaper, I buy them on Ebay

Yes they chip the new cartridges to force you to buy their more expensive name brand. I have successfully transplanted chips from the spent to the new aftermarket and have had mixed results. For a while it worked fine. I'm assuming that HP and others wised up to folks transplanting chips and "fixed" that, but I'm no expert. That's just my assumption. All I know is that I used to be able to save money by transferring/transplanting chips, and now I can't. At least it doesn't work anymore on my printers.

Re: THF expert advice wanted about Ink Cartridges [Re: pertnear] #8234066 04/12/21 09:57 PM
J
John2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
I usually use inkjets.com

Not all those that wander are lost..

Back The Men in Blue that wears a badge

Re: THF expert advice wanted about Ink Cartridges [Re: skinnerback] #8234071 04/12/21 10:01 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by RedRanger

TIA

Yes they chip the new cartridges to force you to buy their more expensive name brand. I have successfully transplanted chips from the spent to the new aftermarket and have had mixed results. For a while it worked fine. I'm assuming that HP and others wised up to folks transplanting chips and "fixed" that, but I'm no expert. That's just my assumption. All I know is that I used to be able to save money by transferring/transplanting chips, and now I can't. At least it doesn't work anymore on my printers.

And that the reason I am not getting rid of my Brother Printer that uses Toner Cartridges, I burn a lot of paper and ink

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide