Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: All these shootings [Re: Texas buckeye] #8230795 04/09/21 03:50 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
"Use a gun in a crime and to jail you go for the rest of your life" Be specific what crimes you're talking about then...

Re: All these shootings [Re: PappawRock] #8230798 04/09/21 03:54 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
sigh................I'm outtie. Yall are just too sharp.

Re: All these shootings [Re: KRoyal] #8230957 04/09/21 05:37 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
I counted 39 in the last four years of Obama and 65 for 4 years of Trump. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will justify that it's a conspiracy though. I think it's the internet and smartphones and that folks don't interact with each other much anymore. When I retired and moved back to my ranch, I was shocked when I went to the small town grocery store, and everyone I passed on every isle greeted me and had friendly interaction. Do that in Fort Worth and people will call 911. Technology has created sociopaths IMHO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States#2013

I agree, I know people that won't answer their phone, they want their contact to be texting only. It piss them off, because I do not text, they will rant and rave sometimes because did not answer their text.

Those aren't "Mass Shootings" really. Those are mostly domestic or just strait up murders of multiple people at their homes or parties. The big time Mass Shootings like Parkland or the Vegas shooting are the one's I'm talking about. These people are crazy and seeking infamy from their actions. Under trump those type shootings did taper off.

Not the greatest argument I've seen. Every one of those absolutely meets the definition of a mass shooting and worse yet, the two you quoted, Parkland and Vegas, occurred during the Trump administration. Regardless, I don't think who the president is has any bearing on mass shootings. I was just answering the OP's original question which is no, I don't believe these are occurring to cause gun control by the left. People are just getting more mentally ill and technology is paving the way.

Re: All these shootings [Re: ntxtrapper] #8230966 04/09/21 05:45 PM
M
MBradford Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
I counted 39 in the last four years of Obama and 65 for 4 years of Trump. I'm sure the conspiracy theorists will justify that it's a conspiracy though. I think it's the internet and smartphones and that folks don't interact with each other much anymore. When I retired and moved back to my ranch, I was shocked when I went to the small town grocery store, and everyone I passed on every isle greeted me and had friendly interaction. Do that in Fort Worth and people will call 911. Technology has created sociopaths IMHO.

I agree, I know people that won't answer their phone, they want their contact to be texting only. It piss them off, because I do not text, they will rant and rave sometimes because did not answer their text.

Those aren't "Mass Shootings" really. Those are mostly domestic or just strait up murders of multiple people at their homes or parties. The big time Mass Shootings like Parkland or the Vegas shooting are the one's I'm talking about. These people are crazy and seeking infamy from their actions. Under trump those type shootings did taper off.

Not the greatest argument I've seen. Every one of those absolutely meets the definition of a mass shooting and worse yet, the two you quoted, Parkland and Vegas, occurred during the Trump administration. Regardless, I don't think who the president is has any bearing on mass shootings. I was just answering the OP's original question which is no, I don't believe these are occurring to cause gun control by the left. People are just getting more mentally ill and technology is paving the way.

He posted pretty much the same in the S. Carolina Shooting thread:

Originally Posted by MBradford
Only 4 mass shootings during trump's term???

Not even close.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

Most of those are not “random mass shootings” they’re domestic or party related or the alike. Also the chart I posted was only to 2017, but included the FL shooting. So in the first 2 years there were only 4 real mass shootings in trumps term.

I don't think he understands the meaning of "Mass Shooting".

Re: All these shootings [Re: LeonCarr] #8231005 04/09/21 06:20 PM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LeonCarr
Simple solution...life in prison or the death penalty for any offense involving the use of a firearm.
No Plea Bargains, no deals, life in prison or death.

There are over 20000 Federal Firearm Laws on the books...when is the last time you heard of anybody doing serious time on a federal firearms offense?

Ok...for the whiners and people that insist on shooting illegal deer...any FELONY offense involving the use of a firearm, life in prison or death.

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: All these shootings [Re: Texas buckeye] #8231016 04/09/21 06:27 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
The death penalty is not a deterrent for these crazy people. If they are pizzed off enough to kill a few people, the last thing they will be concerned with is the penalty if they are caught. Most of these mass killers seem to be suicidal, why would they give a flip if the sentence is death???

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: All these shootings [Re: LeonCarr] #8231017 04/09/21 06:31 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Simple solution...life in prison or the death penalty for any offense involving the use of a firearm.
No Plea Bargains, no deals, life in prison or death.

There are over 20000 Federal Firearm Laws on the books...when is the last time you heard of anybody doing serious time on a federal firearms offense?

Ok...for the whiners and people that insist on shooting illegal deer...any FELONY offense involving the use of a firearm, life in prison or death.

I disagree. much like the gun control argument goes, give an inch and they take a mile. In this situation, you set the precedent for a set level of crime and you are done as a person for that one....who's to say the sheeple don't elect people who want that to change to any misdemeanor later?

You start the slippery slope and its gone..how bout we just enforce the laws that are already written and don't make more ?

Re: All these shootings [Re: dogcatcher] #8231050 04/09/21 06:46 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
The death penalty is not a deterrent for these crazy people. If they are pizzed off enough to kill a few people, the last thing they will be concerned with is the penalty if they are caught. Most of these mass killers seem to be suicidal, why would they give a flip if the sentence is death???

Or the simply desire being in the news and getting even, at least in their own mind, than they fear the consequences of their actions.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: All these shootings [Re: MBradford] #8231061 04/09/21 06:57 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
NTX They do technically meet the definition of a "mass shooting", but not really the type that get hyped in the media. A fraction of those shootings made national news. I'm not talking about a disgruntled husband pissed off his wife moved on so he rams the vehicle with his exwife, new man, and children and then shoots them. Those are domestic violence murders to me and not really a "mass shooting" the reason all these get thrown in together is because 4 or more people were injured or killed. I'm aware that the two I quoted were during Trumps 4 years, I was just trying to convey the types of "mass shootings" I was referring to.

MBradford, I'm fully aware of what a "mass shooting" is, maybe you don't know what it is besides the definition you read online. Even though a lot on that list are lumped in as a mass shooting strictly because of the of the broad definition of mass killings.

From your wiki link
The United States' Congressional Research Service acknowledges that there is not a broadly accepted definition and defines a "public mass shooting"[3] as an event where someone selects four or more people and shoots them with firearms in an indiscriminate manner, echoing the FBI's definition of the term "mass murder", but adding the indiscriminate factor.[4]

Basically saying, they don't really know what a "public mass shooting" really is because there are no broadly accepted definition. So we're just going to take every single instance where 3 or more people are shot (injured/killed) and throw it in with the statistic, basically inflating the numbers. Hell 1 weekend in Chicago could inflate the numbers 10 fold if they counted that... But no black on black violence is considered gang violence.

[Linked Image]

Re: All these shootings [Re: Texas buckeye] #8231110 04/09/21 07:24 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
It's a mass shooting if they can call for "reasonable gun control"

Re: All these shootings [Re: ntxtrapper] #8231360 04/09/21 10:54 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T

isnt wiki updated by any yahoo that comes along. If this was true , wouldnt the lying media use it against him. I mean they even talked weekly about his wife dress attire. I call BS. Were you not around under the o admin , it was multiple shootings every week....

Last edited by Tin Head; 04/09/21 10:56 PM.

[Linked Image]
Re: All these shootings [Re: Texas buckeye] #8231370 04/09/21 11:06 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I ride with Texas buckeye.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: All these shootings [Re: Texas buckeye] #8231372 04/09/21 11:08 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Could some of these mass shootings be some thing other that what we are told. I mean biden bombs seria, a week later we get a 24 year old serian "American" , that looks like a 45 year old fat bald guy committing a mass shooting. We have seen infiltrators to the BLM , and Patriot rallies with nothing else to do but only agenda is to commit crime and use those movements. We have heard reports of foreign known agitators using the same tactics and being spotted in rallies and crowds here. Then you have numerous reports of witnesses seeing folks dressed in combat gear doing the shooting. Do we think Antifa suddenly took a break from the action, they were burning down buildings and shooting into crowds just a few months ago. The war is real , the news is fake. When you see a bunch of old guys standing feet away from a shooter and all they can do is take the cell phones out and stand around and say hes over there. Something doesnt smell right.

[Linked Image]
Re: All these shootings [Re: fadetoblack64] #8231384 04/09/21 11:19 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by fadetoblack64
No Plea Bargains, no deals, life in prison.

There are over 20000 Federal Firearm Laws on the books...when is the last time you heard of anybody doing serious time?

RIGHT FREAKING HERE............District attorneys are a huge problem with plea deals. Use a gun in a crime and to jail you go for the rest of your life.

That’s the problem with blanket statements and emotionally fueled thought. I’m not calling you out, it happens to us all. Regardless with gun laws it’s a slippery slope and dems are waiting for statements like that to pounce and capitalize.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: All these shootings [Re: Mike Honcho] #8231604 04/10/21 02:31 AM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Mike Honcho
Originally Posted by fadetoblack64
No Plea Bargains, no deals, life in prison.

There are over 20000 Federal Firearm Laws on the books...when is the last time you heard of anybody doing serious time?

RIGHT FREAKING HERE............District attorneys are a huge problem with plea deals. Use a gun in a crime and to jail you go for the rest of your life.

That’s the problem with blanket statements and emotionally fueled thought. I’m not calling you out, it happens to us all. Regardless with gun laws it’s a slippery slope and dems are waiting for statements like that to pounce and capitalize.

I understand...it just gets really old that every time one of these tragedies happen, they want to take firearms away from the people that didn't do anything wrong.

Just my thankyouforyourunderstanding .02,
LeonCarr

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide