Page 1 of 2 1 2
For those that had coronavirus #8230637 04/09/21 02:44 PM
D
decook Online Content OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
So, what about the immunity for those that contracted the coronavirus? The CDC just put out new guidelines for those that have been vaccinated, but nothing about those that had it. In my not qualified opinion, natural immunity should always be superior to any immunity made by man. What's the deal then? Why should someone that can prove they had it and recovered be treated any different than someone vaccinated by a synthetic vaccine?

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230641 04/09/21 02:45 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
It's all about taking control.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230644 04/09/21 02:46 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Because its the gubmint...

You are correct, there should be no difference. But logic went out the door a long time ago on this stuff

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230745 04/09/21 03:27 PM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
IDK but I got both shots. I don’t want to get Covid again...EVER.

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230773 04/09/21 03:37 PM
2000cbr929 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
This is not a permanent vaccine I would assume.. This is no more than a flu shot to get you through the season or at least that is what I was told. It ain't the polio shot. That is unless I am misinformed.

After eating Payne's sausage I don't know if I can go back to the regular store bought stuff.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money" Tom T Hall
Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230776 04/09/21 03:38 PM
2000cbr929 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
“It looks like the vaccines produce a longer immune response than natural infection, so it may last longer than a year, but it’s unlikely to be permanent the way two doses of measles vaccine is,” he says. “So at some point, it’s likely that we will need to boost people, but we don’t know how frequently that will need to be.”

After eating Payne's sausage I don't know if I can go back to the regular store bought stuff.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money" Tom T Hall
Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230785 04/09/21 03:43 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by decook
So, what about the immunity for those that contracted the coronavirus? The CDC just put out new guidelines for those that have been vaccinated, but nothing about those that had it. In my not qualified opinion, natural immunity should always be superior to any immunity made by man. What's the deal then? Why should someone that can prove they had it and recovered be treated any different than someone vaccinated by a synthetic vaccine?

Because there are many instances of people contracting Covid more than one time. Getting Covid doesn't seem to provide the same level of efficacy as the vaccine does. And there is a slight chance that those with the vaccine can still get Covid, but overall the vaccine has been scientifically proven to be effective in preventing and spreading the disease.

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230806 04/09/21 04:00 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

You sir, are spot on.
I had the discussion with my physician during a physical two weeks ago
I'm 65. I had the dreaded 19 in October of 20.
He told me they would test my blood that day and if the anti-body level was high, I should pass on the vaxx.

Blood tests showed a very high level of anti-bodies.
Some anti-bodies last a lifetime.

No vaxx for this boy.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230815 04/09/21 04:04 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
There are multiple mutations that the vaccine can cover vs the one someone has had. Not all are covered but at least the common strains are. Sounds scientific.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230820 04/09/21 04:05 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I do expect the vaccine will just become part of the "flu" shot we get every year as new variants and strains are discovered. So far I believe there are at least 3 or 4 strains that the vaccines were not tested against, and J&J was used with some efficacy in S African strain but their results were lower there than in other countries.

English strain
S African Strain
Indian Strain
I am sure I missing one of the new ones too, but tbh I don't care that much about covid much anymore.

Lethality is very low and getting lower with each strain, its the natural pathogenesis of virus mutation, they become more contagious but the lethality goes down. It is already quite low, so going lower will help us.

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8230868 04/09/21 04:40 PM
P
pdr55 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
FEEDING THE BIG PHARMA MONSTER !

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: Texas buckeye] #8230928 04/09/21 05:16 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Because its the gubmint...

You are correct, there should be no difference. But logic went out the door a long time ago on this stuff

This plus the big pharma thing. Politicians are all corrupt imo and they get their money from corporations.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: reeltexan] #8230936 04/09/21 05:19 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by reeltexan

You sir, are spot on.
I had the discussion with my physician during a physical two weeks ago
I'm 65. I had the dreaded 19 in October of 20.
He told me they would test my blood that day and if the anti-body level was high, I should pass on the vaxx.

Blood tests showed a very high level of anti-bodies.
Some anti-bodies last a lifetime.

No vaxx for this boy.

My Doc said the exact same thing. Plus everything but J&J is from MRNA. No one can truthfully say what long term effects it will have. So technically as I understand it these “vaccines” are not “vaccines” except J&J which is only 64-65% effective.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8231001 04/09/21 06:16 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
technically a vaccine is something given to incite an immune response to prevent future infections or development of disease.

There are many different varieties of vaccines out there, live virus, dead virus, synthetic virus, and things that create an immune response without using viral particles such as mRNA. so to call the mRNA vaccines not a vaccine, is kind of disingenuous and misleading. mRNA vaccines have been around for a while, just not widely used. But their past presence is what allowed the pharma system to be primed to create so many of these so quickly. The back bone was there, they just had to figure out the DNA sequence of something that could be used to offer protection against majority of the coronavirus. when they coded the spike protein, they were able to start making the vaccine within 48 hours, because mRNA vaccines have been around for a while.

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: Texas buckeye] #8231047 04/09/21 06:42 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
technically a vaccine is something given to incite an immune response to prevent future infections or development of disease.

There are many different varieties of vaccines out there, live virus, dead virus, synthetic virus, and things that create an immune response without using viral particles such as mRNA. so to call the mRNA vaccines not a vaccine, is kind of disingenuous and misleading. mRNA vaccines have been around for a while, just not widely used. But their past presence is what allowed the pharma system to be primed to create so many of these so quickly. The back bone was there, they just had to figure out the DNA sequence of something that could be used to offer protection against majority of the coronavirus. when they coded the spike protein, they were able to start making the vaccine within 48 hours, because mRNA vaccines have been around for a while.

Thank you, sir.

As to the OP, I have known several people that have contacted Covid more than once....not long haulers (people with covid that seems to just keep lingering), but lab verified different Covid infections. They believe those that have been infected have about 3 months of immunity, but even that could be longer, or shorter.

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8231056 04/09/21 06:50 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N

Maybe they think your wacko if you had it

A third of COVID survivors suffer neurological or mental disorders: study
LONDON (Reuters) - One in three COVID-19 survivors in a study of more than 230,000 mostly American patients were diagnosed with a brain or psychiatric disorder within six months, suggesting the pandemic could lead to a wave of mental and neurological problems, scientists said on Tuesday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-brain-idUSKBN2BT2ZI

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8231062 04/09/21 06:58 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Another thing to remember is some people's immune systems are just not as effective as others.

Nearly everyone gets the MMR vaccines when we are babies and toddlers, and that immunity is supposed to last a lifetime, but in medicine many times we will get titers of antibodies for these diseases to check for immunity. There are people that just don't have antibodies for them. Their immune systems did not develop the immunity they were supposed to. the reason they didn't get Measles, mumps or rubella growing up is because the diseases were largely absent their exposure. We have seen some regional outbreaks of those diseases that were thought to be eradicated, because some groups don't get vaccinated and then a single exposure goes through and then more kids and adults with bad immune systems can get it too.

The same thing will happen with covid. While it is still available for community acquiring, meaning it is somewhat prevalent in the "wild" those with weaker immune systems will get it and reacquire it as their immunity runs out. does not mean everyone's antibodies run out, but some do. Once we can get to herd immunity, maybe we will see that stop. We may never see it stop due to variants and mutations. Time will tell on that. But as I mentioned before, I expect corona virus to be part of the yearly "flu" shot the same way other corona virus have been in the past (sars, mars, etc)

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: LoneStarSon] #8231063 04/09/21 06:58 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

As to the OP, I have known several people that have contacted Covid more than once....not long haulers (people with covid that seems to just keep lingering), but lab verified different Covid infections. They believe those that have been infected have about 3 months of immunity, but even that could be longer, or shorter.

Has there been anything that shows how long the vaccine, with both shots will last? Or do you think this will become an annual or say every 6 months trip to get a shot???

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: Texas buckeye] #8231068 04/09/21 06:59 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D

You need to quit posting facts. There are a lot of science deniers on here.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: dogcatcher] #8231084 04/09/21 07:09 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Has there been anything that shows how long the vaccine, with both shots will last? Or do you think this will become an annual or say every 6 months trip to get a shot???

Read the post directly above the one of yours i quoted
up

Last edited by Texas buckeye; 04/09/21 07:09 PM.
Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: pdr55] #8231090 04/09/21 07:12 PM
G
Gringo Bling Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ndhunter

LONDON (Reuters) - One in three COVID-19 survivors in a study of more than 230,000 mostly American patients were diagnosed with a brain or psychiatric disorder within six months, suggesting the pandemic could lead to a wave of mental and neurological problems, scientists said on Tuesday.

Just another reason to get the vaccine. All of these long lasting side effects like fatigue, loss of smell or taste, brain fog, lung/heart/brain damage....there are countless reasons to get the vaccine and put this pandemic in the rear view mirror. And yet, there are people on this forum who all think it's a hoax (I just read a post from a THF user who called the vaccine snake oil).

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: Gringo Bling] #8231108 04/09/21 07:23 PM
N
ndhunter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling
Originally Posted by ndhunter

Just another reason to get the vaccine. All of these long lasting side effects like fatigue, loss of smell or taste, brain fog, lung/heart/brain damage....there are countless reasons to get the vaccine and put this pandemic in the rear view mirror. And yet, there are people on this forum who all think it's a hoax (I just read a post from a THF user who called the vaccine snake oil).

I don't think you can convince folks, just make it easier. I am sure electricity, running water and indoor plumbing had detractors as well. They will come around.

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: dogcatcher] #8231180 04/09/21 08:20 PM
L
LoneStarSon Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Most think it will be annual, but there have been studies released in the last 2 weeks on both Pfizer and Moderna showing robust efficacy 6 months out (at least 90% effective). There was another study released about a month ago showing the mRNA vaccines trigger the lymph nodes which release the B cell, which should give us a longer immunity.

In other words, they don't know, but they are hopeful. There may need to be boosters, depending on the variants.

Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8231194 04/09/21 08:37 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
My bet, it will be like the flu shot and we get one every year.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: For those that had coronavirus [Re: decook] #8231248 04/09/21 09:15 PM
Texas452 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker

I’m thinking the same way.
I had the virus and it was rough.
You get the full dose when you get the virus the shot has been weakened.
The dr told me I could get it again.
Idk?!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide