Print Thread
ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease #8229707 04/08/21 05:24 PM
A
AggieBowhunter13 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
A
Looking to obtain or join long term hunting lease for 2021-2022 season and beyond. Please shoot me a PM with any openings or information you may have.

- Minimum of 800 acres, no max
- Willing to pay up to $25 an acre or $5,000 a gun (depending on location, size, quality, amenities and what is included in cost) whichever way you want to look at it
- 4 paid hunters in group currently but can get up to 8 depending on size of property, overall cost and number of hunters wanted
- Can probably go down to 2-3 hunters if needed to join an existing/established lease
- Onsite lodging is not required but would prefer RV hook-ups (water and electric)
- Willing to provide our own blinds and feeders
- Would like year-round access for supplemental feeding (corn, protein, cottonseed, food plots, water stations, etc.)
- Would like hunting access for September (Dove), October (Bow), November-January (Rifle) and Spring Turkey Season
- Main focus is Whitetail but Exotics, Hogs, Dove, Turkey, etc. are a plus
- Preferred location is Hill County or South Texas
- Would like to avoid anything too far West that may have been exposed to Anthrax in the past few years

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Capture.JPG
Last edited by AggieBowhunter13; 04/08/21 05:26 PM.

You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8229715 04/08/21 05:30 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
up good job on the move and redo. Also the anthrax issue is in a pretty small area I think. Several threads on that over the last year, or if it really matters to you just start a thread asking where anthrax mostly is.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: freerange] #8229738 04/08/21 05:46 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
A
Originally Posted by freerange
up good job on the move and redo. Also the anthrax issue is in a pretty small area I think. Several threads on that over the last year, or if it really matters to you just start a thread asking where anthrax mostly is.

Appreciate it. I was on a lease in Val Verde county from the 2015-2016 season through the 2019-2020 season and we got hit pretty hard. We were right on the Val Verde and Crockett county line and I heard a good amount of people got hit in Crockett county as well. I think those were the major areas but I've talked to people that got hit by it in parts of southern Sutton County, parts of western Edwards county, some pretty bad in Kinney county and even some places in Maverick county. I'm pretty sure the map I provided in my original post steers clear of most of the major areas for the most part. I know A&M did a big investigation into it as well.

Attached Files UPDATED2019-07-22_AnthraxMap.jpg
Last edited by AggieBowhunter13; 04/08/21 06:49 PM.

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8229758 04/08/21 06:03 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
You seem to be plenty on top of anthrax. up
You seem to have things together in general as well. If I had openings I would consider giving you a shout. We do from time to time so depending on how it goes for yall this year you may keep me in mind. I always tell people that finding a really good lease can be hard to do and I recommend always be on the look out way ahead of time and build relationships ahead of when you may need them.

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: freerange] #8229828 04/08/21 06:57 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
A
You seem to have things together in general as well. If I had openings I would consider giving you a shout. We do from time to time so depending on how it goes for yall this year you may keep me in mind. I always tell people that finding a really good lease can be hard to do and I recommend always be on the look out way ahead of time and build relationships ahead of when you may need them.

I try to the best I can. I was on a place new place this past year so I'm not completely without a place to hunt. Just didn't agree with some of the lease rules and how it was being run, specifically when it comes to deer management. Not to mention there were A LOT of hunters out there, not just paid members. But being the new guy it's hard to come in and request too much change. So that's why I'm looking for something of my own or to join something that has practices in place that align with mine. Obviously not every place is going to be perfect and there's always going to be rules that you wont agree on 100% but when it comes to spending a lot of money year after year I want to try and be in the best situation I can be. Keep me in mind if you ever have anything open up.

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8230426 04/09/21 12:00 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by AggieBowhunter13

I try to the best I can. I was on a place new place this past year so I'm not completely without a place to hunt. Just didn't agree with some of the lease rules and how it was being run, specifically when it comes to deer management. Not to mention there were A LOT of hunters out there, not just paid members. But being the new guy it's hard to come in and request too much change. So that's why I'm looking for something of my own or to join something that has practices in place that align with mine. Obviously not every place is going to be perfect and there's always going to be rules that you wont agree on 100% but when it comes to spending a lot of money year after year I want to try and be in the best situation I can be. Keep me in mind if you ever have anything open up.

You could not find a better guy to hunt with than Freerange - runs a first class lease

You can't fix stupid
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: tlk] #8230502 04/09/21 01:07 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
A
Originally Posted by tlk

You could not find a better guy to hunt with than Freerange - runs a first class lease

Good to know. Maybe an opportunity will present itself someday.

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8232912 04/11/21 07:55 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
A
bump

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8248700 04/26/21 01:01 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
A
Still looking for a year-round South Texas or Hill Country lease for 3-4 guys. Can get up to 8 depending on size and overall cost. Everyone is willing to pay up to $5,000 a spot for the right place. Let me know if you have or know of anything.

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8249147 04/26/21 09:55 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Truthfully a decent south texas lease is most likely going to be well more than 5K per man unless it is a place that is loaded up with a number of hunters compared to the property size. I have talked to many ranch owners over the past 3-4 months all over south texas and it is a tough go

5K will go a long way in most hill country areas but of course it is an entirely different hunting situation compared to south texas - best of luck to you

You can't fix stupid
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: tlk] #8250791 04/28/21 02:29 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
A
Originally Posted by tlk
Truthfully a decent south texas lease is most likely going to be well more than 5K per man unless it is a place that is loaded up with a number of hunters compared to the property size. I have talked to many ranch owners over the past 3-4 months all over south texas and it is a tough go

5K will go a long way in most hill country areas but of course it is an entirely different hunting situation compared to south texas - best of luck to you

Appreciate it. I have come across a few places in South Texas around $5,000 a gun or slightly over but was sometimes I was just a little slow on the trigger and other times just not enough spots/acreage to justify. But they are few and far between and pretty much a dime a dozen. You're right though and most of the time its $7,500 to $10,000.

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8251206 04/28/21 10:35 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by tlk

Appreciate it. I have come across a few places in South Texas around $5,000 a gun or slightly over but was sometimes I was just a little slow on the trigger and other times just not enough spots/acreage to justify. But they are few and far between and pretty much a dime a dozen. You're right though and most of the time its $7,500 to $10,000.

Yeah there were South texas places asking $15-20 and acre with zero camp area, you buy and put out all the feed, and best deer were maybe 150s range - a true top end lease down there that is well managed with 170-200 inch deer will run $10-20K a man or more

You can't fix stupid
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: tlk] #8252141 04/29/21 07:01 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
A
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by tlk

Yeah there were South texas places asking $15-20 and acre with zero camp area, you buy and put out all the feed, and best deer were maybe 150s range - a true top end lease down there that is well managed with 170-200 inch deer will run $10-20K a man or more

I ran across a place a few weeks ago that was 2250 acres in Webb county that only wanted $18K total so right at $8/acre which is dirt cheap. Had a 3 bedroom 1 bath house on it that slept 10. And they only wanted a 4 gun maximum so $4,500 a person. Needless to say that one went fairly quickly. I was 3rd in line and the two guys above me offered to take the entire thing for just them. Like i said though this was extremely rare but they are out there.

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8252347 04/29/21 10:13 PM
tlk Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Could have been a diamond in the rough but at $8 an acre with facilities it makes one wonder why it is so cheap - I would have had to see a lot of pictures of deer, etc. on that place before I jump in -

You can't fix stupid
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: freerange] #8252375 04/29/21 10:35 PM
T
TXHunter0619 Online Content
Woodsman
Online Content
Woodsman
T
Hey freerange -- appreciate the thoughts in your post, I'm relatively new to TX and new to hunting. Was able to hunt whitetail and hog this past season on a buddy's company's lease, but he recently left the company and I think it's about time I found my own lease. So far I've gotten a few pointers about finding a lease through friends and coworkers, but would love your take on building a hunting network in Texas. Thanks in advance sir.

tough times don't last, tough people do
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: TXHunter0619] #8254775 05/02/21 05:16 PM
F
freerange Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Originally Posted by TXHunter0619
Hey freerange -- appreciate the thoughts in your post, I'm relatively new to TX and new to hunting. Was able to hunt whitetail and hog this past season on a buddy's company's lease, but he recently left the company and I think it's about time I found my own lease. So far I've gotten a few pointers about finding a lease through friends and coworkers, but would love your take on building a hunting network in Texas. Thanks in advance sir.

Tx0619, Ill reply a little but I dont want to derail the OPs thread too bad. As far "building a hunting network", you have started that by being on this forum. THF is by far the best way to network with hunters(its outstanding). You just need to think how you can use this forum to your advantage in that regard. If you really want some specific advise from me then send me a pm and we will see.
Until then, and for whoever else, I would suggest one of many things to do looking for a lease, is to go back and look through years of old threads in this "Land & Leases" section. Even if outdated you can learn from the information and even pick up on some members to seek out or stay away from. For example, if someone starts a thread about looking for a lease and gets ZERO responses then you may think about what was said or not said in that original post. You will also see pertinent threads in Deer Hunting and Open Hunting. All that can be a time consuming tactic, but if you arent willing to put in a lot of time and effort into looking for a lease then you wont want to hear any of my other advise either. Finding a lease is hard, and finding a good lease is VERY hard(and expensive usually). Specifically, tlk started a thread about a year ago about a "PSA" on how to find a lease. I remember it to be real good and im sure others chimed in and offered good advise so try to search for that. Or start a thread on "how to find a lease" and act like you really care and you should get some good advise from lots of good folks on here.
Sorry OP, I guess I derailed your thread a little, but I always figure any excuse to bump someones thread may be welcome.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide