Print Thread
ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease #8229707 04/08/21 05:24 PM
A
AggieBowhunter13 Online Content OP
Light Foot
OP Online Content
Light Foot
A
Looking to obtain or join long term hunting lease for 2021-2022 season and beyond. Please shoot me a PM with any openings or information you may have.

- Minimum of 800 acres, no max
- Willing to pay up to $25 an acre or $5,000 a gun (depending on location, size, quality, amenities and what is included in cost) whichever way you want to look at it
- 4 paid hunters in group currently but can get up to 8 depending on size of property, overall cost and number of hunters wanted
- Can probably go down to 2-3 hunters if needed to join an existing/established lease
- Onsite lodging is not required but would prefer RV hook-ups (water and electric)
- Willing to provide our own blinds and feeders
- Would like year-round access for supplemental feeding (corn, protein, cottonseed, food plots, water stations, etc.)
- Would like hunting access for September (Dove), October (Bow), November-January (Rifle) and Spring Turkey Season
- Main focus is Whitetail but Exotics, Hogs, Dove, Turkey, etc. are a plus
- Preferred location is Hill County or South Texas
- Would like to avoid anything too far West that may have been exposed to Anthrax in the past few years

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Capture.JPG
Last edited by AggieBowhunter13; 04/08/21 05:26 PM.

You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8229715 04/08/21 05:30 PM
F
freerange Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
F
up good job on the move and redo. Also the anthrax issue is in a pretty small area I think. Several threads on that over the last year, or if it really matters to you just start a thread asking where anthrax mostly is.

Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: freerange] #8229738 04/08/21 05:46 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Online Content
Light Foot
A
Originally Posted by freerange
up good job on the move and redo. Also the anthrax issue is in a pretty small area I think. Several threads on that over the last year, or if it really matters to you just start a thread asking where anthrax mostly is.

Appreciate it. I was on a lease in Val Verde county from the 2015-2016 season through the 2019-2020 season and we got hit pretty hard. We were right on the Val Verde and Crockett county line and I heard a good amount of people got hit in Crockett county as well. I think those were the major areas but I've talked to people that got hit by it in parts of southern Sutton County, parts of western Edwards county, some pretty bad in Kinney county and even some places in Maverick county. I'm pretty sure the map I provided in my original post steers clear of most of the major areas for the most part. I know A&M did a big investigation into it as well.

Attached Files UPDATED2019-07-22_AnthraxMap.jpg
Last edited by AggieBowhunter13; 04/08/21 06:49 PM.

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8229758 04/08/21 06:03 PM
F
freerange Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
F
You seem to be plenty on top of anthrax. up
You seem to have things together in general as well. If I had openings I would consider giving you a shout. We do from time to time so depending on how it goes for yall this year you may keep me in mind. I always tell people that finding a really good lease can be hard to do and I recommend always be on the look out way ahead of time and build relationships ahead of when you may need them.

Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: freerange] #8229828 04/08/21 06:57 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Online Content
Light Foot
A
You seem to have things together in general as well. If I had openings I would consider giving you a shout. We do from time to time so depending on how it goes for yall this year you may keep me in mind. I always tell people that finding a really good lease can be hard to do and I recommend always be on the look out way ahead of time and build relationships ahead of when you may need them.

I try to the best I can. I was on a place new place this past year so I'm not completely without a place to hunt. Just didn't agree with some of the lease rules and how it was being run, specifically when it comes to deer management. Not to mention there were A LOT of hunters out there, not just paid members. But being the new guy it's hard to come in and request too much change. So that's why I'm looking for something of my own or to join something that has practices in place that align with mine. Obviously not every place is going to be perfect and there's always going to be rules that you wont agree on 100% but when it comes to spending a lot of money year after year I want to try and be in the best situation I can be. Keep me in mind if you ever have anything open up.

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8230426 04/09/21 12:00 PM
tlk Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by AggieBowhunter13

I try to the best I can. I was on a place new place this past year so I'm not completely without a place to hunt. Just didn't agree with some of the lease rules and how it was being run, specifically when it comes to deer management. Not to mention there were A LOT of hunters out there, not just paid members. But being the new guy it's hard to come in and request too much change. So that's why I'm looking for something of my own or to join something that has practices in place that align with mine. Obviously not every place is going to be perfect and there's always going to be rules that you wont agree on 100% but when it comes to spending a lot of money year after year I want to try and be in the best situation I can be. Keep me in mind if you ever have anything open up.

You could not find a better guy to hunt with than Freerange - runs a first class lease

You can't fix stupid
Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: tlk] #8230502 04/09/21 01:07 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Online Content
Light Foot
A
Originally Posted by tlk
Originally Posted by AggieBowhunter13

You could not find a better guy to hunt with than Freerange - runs a first class lease

Good to know. Maybe an opportunity will present itself someday.

Re: ISO Hill Country or South Texas Lease [Re: AggieBowhunter13] #8232912 04/11/21 07:55 PM
A
Light Foot
OP Online Content
Light Foot
A
bump

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide