Print Thread
The saga continues #8228035 04/07/21 01:08 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
The NRA paid millions of dollars more than contracts allowed to a vendor who hosted CEO Wayne LaPierre on his yacht. That's according to evidence introduced Tuesday in the second day of hearings this week in the gun group's Texas bankruptcy case. An attorney for the New York Attorney General's Office produced NRA documents that indicated the group had paid a trio of companies linked to Hollywood producer David McKenzie more than $800,000 a month above the maximum amount stipulated in contracts. The excess payments began in 2018 and continued until the NRA's January bankruptcy, suggested the attorney, who indicated that LaPierre and former CFO Woody Phillips verbally approved the increases in violation of NRA procurement rules. LaPierre and Phillips are defendants in New York's lawsuit against the NRA. McKenzie is a longtime NRA vendor and LaPierre associate. LaPierre recently testified that he'd taken refuge on McKenzie's yacht Illusions in the Bahamas as a security measure following mass shootings. — Will Van Sant, staff writer

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8228124 04/07/21 02:19 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I hope Wayne LaPierre ends up in prison....POS!

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8228145 04/07/21 02:31 PM
C
chehunt Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Geez

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8228178 04/07/21 03:07 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
why do we have to start a new thread every time about these clowns?

Last edited by TXGUNNER308; 04/07/21 04:37 PM.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8228293 04/07/21 04:22 PM
B
booskay Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Several years ago I had Wounded Warrior ding my VISA card for $100 a month, every month,,, till about 18 months later I found out the head of Wounded Warriors was getting a salary of $650,000 a year. I canceled, looks like the NRA is similar. Great organization,,, but greed overtakes the leaders.

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8228344 04/07/21 05:06 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
As a 2A advocate, I appreciate the lead taken by the NRA in its defense, but I have never been able to fully get behind the organization. I have had a membership, let it lapse, and renewed several times over the past 4 decades. Unfortunately, each time I renew, I get immediately irritated by the constant battery of solicitation letters asking for more money. I used to tell my wife that if they saved the printing and postage from my account alone, they would have more than enough to fight for our rights - often I would receive a large package in the mail almost weekly.

Now to hear about the largesse of the administration, it solidifies my opinion that donations and membership dollars are not being well managed. It stink because I want their support of my rights, but done wisely and with meticulous attention to expenditures. One more nail for the libs to try and take them down I guess...ugh!

Last edited by Dalroo; 04/07/21 05:07 PM. Reason: can't tell here from hear

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: The saga continues [Re: The Dude Abides] #8228496 04/07/21 06:55 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
why do we have to start a new thread every time about these clowns?

So you'll have something to whine about.

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8228504 04/07/21 07:00 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
yep, I'll slam on those pfhucking idiots every time. I was a life time member too!

I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: The saga continues [Re: Dalroo] #8229166 04/08/21 03:37 AM
B
Bar-D Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Dalroo
As a 2A advocate, I appreciate the lead taken by the NRA in its defense, but I have never been able to fully get behind the organization. I have had a membership, let it lapse, and renewed several times over the past 4 decades. Unfortunately, each time I renew, I get immediately irritated by the constant battery of solicitation letters asking for more money. I used to tell my wife that if they saved the printing and postage from my account alone, they would have more than enough to fight for our rights - often I would receive a large package in the mail almost weekly.

Now to hear about the largesse of the administration, it solidifies my opinion that donations and membership dollars are not being well managed. It stink because I want their support of my rights, but done wisely and with meticulous attention to expenditures. One more nail for the libs to try and take them down I guess...ugh!

My situation exactly. As long as Lapierre is part of the NRA, I will never give them another dime. He's swamp material just as much as those he is supposed to be standing up against. JMHO 2cents

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf
Re: The saga continues [Re: Bar-D] #8229319 04/08/21 12:26 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bar-D
Originally Posted by Dalroo

My situation exactly. As long as Lapierre is part of the NRA, I will never give them another dime. He's swamp material just as much as those he is supposed to be standing up against. JMHO 2cents

^^Exactly my thinking

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8230367 04/09/21 10:13 AM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Wayne LaPierre admitted that he and his family enjoyed summer and winter getaways in the Bahamas aboard a yacht owned by an NRA vendor. The comments came as the NRA CEO took the stand for the first time in the gun group's Texas bankruptcy case. We reported yesterday that documents introduced in the case showed that the NRA had paid companies linked to the vendor, a Hollywood producer, $800,000 a month more than the maximum stipulated in contracts. LaPierre testified that from 2013 to 2020, he had not reported the trips, and others he'd taken in Europe on another of the producer's yachts, as required by the NRA's conflict of interest policy. "I believe now that it should have been disclosed," he said. "It was one of the mistakes that I made." LaPierre indicated that he had withheld the information for security reasons, saying, "I was living under incredible threat at the time." In 2018, as part of a push to strengthen legal and regulatory compliance, the NRA held seminars for employees. LaPierre testified that he had not attended, but had reviewed the material taught in the seminars. "Looking back," he said, "I wish that I had attended." LaPierre repeatedly digressed in his responses, leading the judge to urge direct answers. "Mr. LaPierre, please don't do that again, all right?" he said at one point. "There wasn't a pending question." — Will Van Sant, staff writer

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8230425 04/09/21 11:59 AM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Can someone explain to me how Wayne LaPierre has avoided being arrested for embezzlement? There's not a problem with the NRA; there's just a problem with the head guy in charge who believes that the NRA is his personal piggy bank.

Trolling? Heck no, I meant every word of it.
Re: The saga continues [Re: blkt2] #8230463 04/09/21 12:41 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by blkt2
Can someone explain to me how Wayne LaPierre has avoided being arrested for embezzlement? There's not a problem with the NRA; there's just a problem with the head guy in charge who believes that the NRA is his personal piggy bank.

The problem is deeper than just WLP.

The Board lets him do it.

I'm not sure it's "embezzlement" if he does things with the Board's knowledge and consent.

I do know that the NRA does not have yours or my gun rights as their priority now though. If they'd dumped WLP when they should have, their membership, budget and strength would have been unprecedented by now.

That speaks volumes.

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8230477 04/09/21 12:52 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Wayne LaPierre reportedly directed travel consultant to submit invoices that omitted stops. That's according to testimony yesterday from Gayle Stanford, who collected more than $2 million a year from the NRA while acting as the NRA CEO's travel consultant. She said she submitted invoices that omitted stops in Nebraska and the Bahamas at LaPierre's direction. LaPierre has relatives in Nebraska and he and his family have vacationed in the Bahamas on a yacht owned by an NRA vendor. LaPierre's air travel and that of his extended family at the NRA's expense has been controversial. LaPierre testified in the NRA's Texas bankruptcy that he has exclusively flown on private flights since 2013 and made all arrangements with Stanford verbally, never in writing. LaPierre has suggested that details of his spending and travel must be kept secret to protect him from threats. In a tense exchange during which LaPierre's lawyer repeatedly urged him to limit his responses, the NRA boss said that attorneys had urged him to pay legal invoices before the bankruptcy filing in January, lest the law firms involved become creditors in the case. The judge, who told LaPierre the issue was "a very important area for you and your organization," pleaded with LaPierre, as he did yesterday, not to digress in his answers. "I'm about to say something I've said for a day and a half now," the judge said to LaPierre. "Can you answer the questions that are asked? Hearings resume Monday. — Will Van Sant, staff writer

From today's anti-gun media

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8230771 04/09/21 03:36 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by soooo
....From today's anti-gun media

That's the problem.

WLP and the B.O.D. are complicit in, if nothing else, giving the media and anti-gunners fodder to use against us (and the NRA).

The head guys and the board need to be beyond reproach.

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8231012 04/09/21 06:26 PM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Regardless of what happens with the bankruptcy case, something tells me WLP is going to get a visit from the IRS and audited for how much of this was ever reported on his personal taxes as income.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8231285 04/09/21 09:47 PM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
where is the NRA? why have we not heard from them in the last 2 days? they were always spouting off before (pre-Covid) when libs were running their heads.

Re: The saga continues [Re: The Dude Abides] #8231293 04/09/21 09:56 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
where is the NRA? why have we not heard from them in the last 2 days? they were always spouting off before (pre-Covid) when libs were running their heads.

In court trying to explain things

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8231536 04/10/21 01:32 AM
The Dude Abides Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by soooo

In court trying to explain things

Now that’s funny

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8231989 04/10/21 04:26 PM
C
CoyoteHill Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I, like many others, did what Dalroo did. I'd join, get ticked off and let it lapse, then something would happen and I'd join again, just a stupid circle. My question is until or even if the NRA straightens up, what organization do we support? I'm a life member of the TSRA and I haven't had an issues with them. But is there a national organization that you trust right now? And no I will not support the NRA until there is a complete change of leadership.

Re: The saga continues [Re: CoyoteHill] #8232157 04/10/21 09:15 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by CoyoteHill
I, like many others, did what Dalroo did. I'd join, get ticked off and let it lapse, then something would happen and I'd join again, just a stupid circle. My question is until or even if the NRA straightens up, what organization do we support? I'm a life member of the TSRA and I haven't had an issues with them. But is there a national organization that you trust right now? And no I will not support the NRA until there is a complete change of leadership.

I send extra $$ to the GOA now.

The NRA used to get it. But I'm not paying for them to defend WLP with MY money.

I can't do anything about my membership to the NRA, but I can sure not send any extra.

Re: The saga continues [Re: BbarVRanch] #8232209 04/10/21 10:27 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BbarVRanch
Originally Posted by CoyoteHill

I send extra $$ to the GOA now.

The NRA used to get it. But I'm not paying for them to defend WLP with MY money.

I can't do anything about my membership to the NRA, but I can sure not send any extra.

'Heard good things about them. (GOA). I've always wondered what I did to get the NRA to stop sending me renewal notices. One day, whenever it was, years ago, they just stopped. And I haven't been a member since. I just forgot about it. Maybe I got on a "really crazy" list. geekfreak

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8233259 04/12/21 02:05 AM
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Tracker
FPC is another organization that routinely files lawsuits on behalf of 2A infringements.

Re: The saga continues [Re: soooo] #8235859 04/14/21 01:58 PM
S
soooo Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Ex-NRA CFO cites last-minute “surprises” for refusing to sign 2019 federal tax disclosure. Craig Spray spoke about the document yesterday during testimony in the Texas court hearing the group's bankruptcy case. In early November last year, just as the deadline to file the disclosure neared, Spray said he learned that three NRA board members had been flying on the group's dime in violation of controls he'd enacted to reform what he described as a “Wayne said” culture, a reference to CEO Wayne LaPierre. An angry Spray sent emails to NRA leaders after he learned of the flights, saying in one, "I am disappointed in all of you," and in another, "I can't emphasize what a breakdown this is." Spray also said that revelations of improper benefits paid to executives, including LaPierre, were hastily included in the filing and he was prevented from reviewing relevant backup material. In the case of the $300,000 in benefits disclosed as having been improperly paid to LaPIerre in 2019, Spray said the firm of NRA outside counsel William Brewer blocked him from substantiating the figure. With Spray unwilling to put his name on the federal filing, LaPierre ultimately signed the document. According to evidence introduced in the case, LaPierre fired Spray in late January after keeping him and other top NRA officials in the dark about the group's bankruptcy plan. Dissident NRA board member Phillip Journey also testified Tuesday and offered his own take on the NRA's top-down leadership, saying the group had become "Wayne's kingdom." — Will Van Sant, staff writer

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide