Page 1 of 2 1 2
Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks #8228005 04/07/21 12:39 PM
B
bassfishinglawyer Online Content OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Would love to see them allowed for hog hunting. Our legislators are probably too scared of the other side to do it, but I keep pumping emails at my representatives.

And just because it is illegal at the federal level obviously means nothing (just ask the 17 states and DC who have legalized marijuana).

If anyone agrees, please contact your state senator and representative.

If you don't, no worries.

Thanks.

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8228070 04/07/21 01:33 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Are they illegal? I thought BATFE got slapped on that ban by courts?

Are they illegal to shoot hogs with in Texas? Thought you could kill hogs with anything you could think of...?

I don't have anything against bumpstocks. But I personally wouldn't use one for hunting. Even hogs.

Don't you think if you needed more firepower than a regular AR would give, then a good binary trigger would give much better aimed, controlled fire?

Not that I don't feel you shouldn't have and shoot what you want, I'm just wondering why. I bet you'd kill more without it.

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: BbarVRanch] #8228618 04/07/21 08:27 PM
D
DonPablo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BbarVRanch
Are they illegal? I thought BATFE got slapped on that ban by courts?

Yep. The bump stock ban was thrown out. They're legal unless there's a state law I'm unaware of.

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8228708 04/07/21 09:42 PM
glocker17 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
legal; but useless for hunting anything

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8228976 04/08/21 12:47 AM
CharlieCTx Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
If you need a bump stock to shoot hogs, you don’t know how to shoot hogs.

Charlie

Kel-Tec RFB + Griffin Sportsman Ultra Light 300 + Pulsar Apex XQ-50
M&P-10 + AAC Cyclone
Remy 700 + Leupold VX3 3.5x10x50 CDS
Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8229028 04/08/21 01:52 AM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Bump stocks are trash

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: Brother in-law] #8229228 04/08/21 08:43 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by glocker17

Originally Posted by Brother in-law
Bump stocks are trash

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8229311 04/08/21 12:24 PM
B
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
The courts are all over the place it appears on the matter. We did get a recent victory in one appeals court.

but if they are no good for hog hunting I will take the word of the guys that have used them.

Every time I stalk up on a group/herd/sounder I only seem to get a couple. Maybe I need to go with some pros to learn how to better do it

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8229491 04/08/21 02:28 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
What right to they have to outlaw them? Where do they get their authority to act?

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8229563 04/08/21 03:32 PM
B
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Mr. Trump decided he could ban them and so they figured the only way they could do it was say they are "machine guns" - here's a quick article - people lost thousands and thousands of dollars because of this triple-unconstitutional action (2nd amendment, 5th amendment, ex post facto).

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/18/6777...evices-used-in-deadly-las-vegas-shooting

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8229801 04/08/21 06:29 PM
Double Naught Spy Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer
The courts are all over the place it appears on the matter. We did get a recent victory in one appeals court.

but if they are no good for hog hunting I will take the word of the guys that have used them.

Every time I stalk up on a group/herd/sounder I only seem to get a couple. Maybe I need to go with some pros to learn how to better do it

Bump stocks are not good for hunting because they tend to be spray and pray and spray and pray is notoriously inefficient for downing hogs succinctly.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8229892 04/08/21 08:01 PM
B
Veteran Tracker
OP Online Content
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy

Bump stocks are not good for hunting because they tend to be spray and pray and spray and pray is notoriously inefficient for downing hogs succinctly.

My aim is notoriously inefficient for downing hogs succinctly - at least in large numbers roflmao

Thanks!

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8229954 04/08/21 09:11 PM
K
kman2017 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Bump stocks are useless; they don't have any purpose, sporting or otherwise. All they do is lead people to further scrutinize ARs. Forced reset triggers & binary triggers are going to do the same thing. These exist for one purpose and it is to mimick a fully automatic rifle. I have zero problem with these being regulated by the NFA.

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: kman2017] #8229965 04/08/21 09:27 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by kman2017
Bump stocks are useless; they don't have any purpose, sporting or otherwise. All they do is lead people to further scrutinize ARs. Forced reset triggers & binary triggers are going to do the same thing. These exist for one purpose and it is to mimick a fully automatic rifle. I have zero problem with these being regulated by the NFA.

Sweet Jesus, WTH is wrong with you guys? You might as well as agree to bend over and tap your toes and let Uncle Joe show you were his baby monster goes,,, You good with registering guns to? I mean for Christ’s sake it’s for the better good right? Hell while we’re at it let’s give back all our semi autos this year to, next year it’s your single shots and the following they might remove your butt plug.. Is that where we draw the line? Can’t loose those plugs cousin Eddy muyloco

FYI I think their junk but it’s the principal of the matter with me,

Last edited by Ol Thumper; 04/08/21 09:30 PM.
Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: kman2017] #8230060 04/08/21 11:19 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker

You are part of the problem.

I don't have either of those items, but I'd damm sure fight for everyone's freedom to own and use them.

You may want to educate yourself on "mimick a fully automatic rifle" as well. They don't, in any capacity do that. If you'd ever fired anything full auto, you'd know better.

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: BbarVRanch] #8230188 04/09/21 01:25 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

+1

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8230197 04/09/21 01:28 AM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
My aim is notoriously inefficient for downing hogs succinctly - at least in large numbers roflmao

Thanks!

That may be true, but that is something you can work on. A bump stock will just make you less succinct and cost you more money.

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: Double Naught Spy] #8230287 04/09/21 03:17 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef

+1

+2

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: glocker17] #8230296 04/09/21 03:36 AM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by glocker17

Legal, as they should be...but, yes, they are still useless.

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8230533 04/09/21 01:26 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
"Useless" is a value statement and is, in fact, untrue for many people. Bumpstocks are great for turning ammunition into smoke, noise, and fun.

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: skinnerback] #8231716 04/10/21 08:24 AM
J
Jiggamitch Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted by skinnerback

+1

+2

+3

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8233583 04/12/21 02:13 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
My issues are with the U.S. Constitution- pretty much wiped out. My understanding is that Sovereign states relinquished some of their powers to act (from the people) to a Federal Government but the authority of the Federal Government did not go beyond what was WRITTEN in the Constitution As such, we were a collection of States with a limited Federal government. A "United" states. I think that kind of freedom contributed to the USA becoming the greatest country in the history of the world. Nowadays we have Federal Revenue sharing. Technically a state can say "NO" to the Federal government but if they do, no more federal money. I know there are laws "on the books" saying Fed Gov can't do that but such is the reality IMHO> So.....whenever a President just arbitrarily says he is going to do this or that- rubs me the wrong way. One example is Trump and the Covid-19. Everyone mad as a wet hen about him not doing anything. Was he supposed to? What about Congress? What about the States? Why does everyone today look at the President as a King?
I think perhaps the most important articles in the "Bill of Rights" are the 9th and 10th Amendments. Any state power then in existence, or liberty/right practiced by the people, where retained by them. IMHO 90% of todays laws violate those two amendments. One other idea I've sort of fallen upon lately. The News media jokes around that the "People" vote as they are instructed by the News Media. If so, ever greater "Democracy" in our society only extends the power of the Press. Probably why the Media keeps crowing about democracy. I'm wondering if things were better when the Senators were chosen by State legislatures. These legislatures would pick someone well experienced and who's loyalty would be to the State that sent him to Washington. The citizens, in voting for the representative/congressmen, still had the negative power over the Senate so the interests of the people are preserved. The original Constitution was a work of art, it seems every change is for the worst, with a few exceptions- like the VP.
So, getting back to Biden, I'd be a whole lot happier if he played by the rules, simply state he was asking Congress to look into the matter of some firearm issues and have the Supreme court chime in on the legality of any proposed legislation. What is WRONG with simply doing it the right way?

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: Dave Scott] #8233906 04/12/21 07:35 PM
D
DonPablo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Dave Scott
I'd be a whole lot happier if he played by the rules, simply state he was asking Congress to look into the matter of some firearm issues and have the Supreme court chime in on the legality of any proposed legislation. What is WRONG with simply doing it the right way?

I agree. If any of the people in the government (from the executive office on down) ever wanted to do what is best for the country and the people, they would (or would have) tried to limit the executive order. The president was never meant to legislate. I heard there was a legislator who was trying to make EO’s temporary unless confirmed by congress. Only the true patriots got behind this idea (in other words, almost no one).

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: bassfishinglawyer] #8233985 04/12/21 08:54 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
And just for the record....I am pretty much a middle of the road guy. NOT a "right wing extremist". For example, employers running a credit check on job applicants looking for construction work, etc. I can see a credit check if the job entails handling cash etc. but some of the stuff going today on seems over the top. I had three small businesses, I never in a million years would have acted that way.

Re: Want to see Texas Legalize Bump Stocks [Re: DonPablo] #8234124 04/12/21 10:37 PM
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by DonPablo
. I heard there was a legislator who was trying to make EO’s temporary unless confirmed by congress. Only the true patriots got behind this idea (in other words, almost no one).

Wow, that legislator must not have tried very hard. S/he didn't even submit it as a bill.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide