Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: Walkabout] #8219846 03/30/21 02:13 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Walkabout
Originally Posted by redchevy
I buy the $5 gulp ones from walmart. They help a lot for sight fishing and I dont give a carp about them. I cant wrap my head around what people pay for some stuff for "quality" when the vast majority of it is keeping up with the joneses.

EXCLUDING coffee, bourbon and beer I would hope.

I know quite a few millionaires who drink old forester whiskey and keystone light.

As a former Hater, I was quick to pass judgment. I thought big diesel trucks were dumb, expensive sunglasses were a waste and technical hunting clothes were for posers. And then I got educated.

Do you need a pair of costas to drive back and forth to work? No, but if you spend a lot of time outdoors then you will certainly see their value.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8219858 03/30/21 02:20 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
They Costa lot

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: txtrophy85] #8219896 03/30/21 02:56 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
I buy the $5 gulp ones from walmart. They help a lot for sight fishing and I dont give a carp about them. I cant wrap my head around what people pay for some stuff for "quality" when the vast majority of it is keeping up with the joneses.

I know quite a few millionaires who drink old forester whiskey and keystone light.

As a former Hater, I was quick to pass judgment. I thought big diesel trucks were dumb, expensive sunglasses were a waste and technical hunting clothes were for posers. And then I got educated.

Do you need a pair of costas to drive back and forth to work? No, but if you spend a lot of time outdoors then you will certainly see their value.

They don’t make new eyes, so treat them right and put them as a high priority, that is My opinion

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8220254 03/30/21 09:37 PM
J
John2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
I still have and wear my Ray Bans that I bought way back in 1969 and I recently got another pair just because I liked them.

Not all those that wander are lost..

Back The Men in Blue that wears a badge

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8220338 03/30/21 11:07 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
CAG and Oakley for the win.

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8220363 03/30/21 11:39 PM
Txblklab Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
I have been wearing Costa for over 20 years and have never had a problem with their warranty service. I don't mind spending the money for quality gear such as sunglasses but I have also been fortunate enough to have not had a bad experience with their customer service. I am sure my day will come but unitl then. It is Costa for me!

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8221190 03/31/21 07:01 PM
J
John2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by mattfox
Yes I have used their warrany and service several times over the years and they have always been super easy to deal with. Now when you fill out the info online to send them in, it redirects you to a company who either has bought out Costa or is doing their repair and service.. Below is the company.

http://www.luxottica.com/en/customer-care

Luxottica accounts for over 80% of the market, encompassing the eyeglass operations of a multitude of household names including Versace, Stella McCartney, Burberry, Chanel and Armani, to name but a few. Ray-Ban in the 21st century.
It acquired shares in a number of optical companies and bought out other eyeglass providers, including OPSM and Pearl Vision. It went on to buy Erroca for €20 million and Oakley for US$2.1 billion, making it by far the largest eyeglass company on the world.

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: txtrophy85] #8221317 03/31/21 08:58 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Your prior thoughts may not be dumb for everyone but are for some. For me a big diesel truck $200 sunglasses a Rolex and technical hunting clothing are all a complete waste.

I have worn costas for a weekend fishing. A buddy pretty much made me wear a pair of his while traveling on plane in the boat they flew off and sank lol they were far better than no sunglasses but I’ll take my cheaply every time if I have to pay for them.

Last edited by redchevy; 03/31/21 08:59 PM.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8221325 03/31/21 09:12 PM
N.Tx Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Cannot agree with the OP, I have received great Customer Service several times from Costa.

Dropped them and broke an arm off the frame, $50 repair, no receipt of original purchase needed. ~ 7 years old at this point

Rubber around the ears began to come off, brand new frames, no cost, no receipt of original purchase needed. ~ 10 years old at this point

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8221331 03/31/21 09:18 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
H
The only issues I have ever had with my Costa's is the rubber coming off, send them off and get a new pair.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8221407 03/31/21 10:10 PM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I always laugh at these posts.
A person buys a pair of 200.00 sunglasses and expects the company to warranty them for dirt cheap or free forever.
Buys a 75,000.00 truck with a 4 year or 48k warranty and knows that after that is out they happily will pay out the arse to get anything done to it.
Companies like Costa that had those deals are quickly abandoning those policies because people took advantage of them.
If someone goes and buys a pair of 300.00 prescription glasses and pays for scratch and damage warranty up front it is 1 year only.

Last edited by huntwest; 03/31/21 10:17 PM.
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: redchevy] #8221485 03/31/21 11:29 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T

Your prior thoughts may not be dumb for everyone but are for some. For me a big diesel truck $200 sunglasses a Rolex and technical hunting clothing are all a complete waste.

I have worn costas for a weekend fishing. A buddy pretty much made me wear a pair of his while traveling on plane in the boat they flew off and sank lol they were far better than no sunglasses but I’ll take my cheaply every time if I have to pay for them.

Life is short and you can’t take it with you. Spoil yourself every now and then.

Buy the costas, order the custom rifle, book the elk hunt, get the Kuiu. You will be happy you did.

Be responsible of course, but I have never once regretted a quality purchase, I only regretted the time it took to get me to come around to it

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8221615 04/01/21 01:39 AM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Oh I do blow money don’t worry

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: txtrophy85] #8221656 04/01/21 02:06 AM
H
Hirogen Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
H

Never even heard of Costas - can't imagine paying that for sunglasses but to each their own.

I own a big diesel but drive it 60,000 miles per year towing an 8 ton mini-ex.

Don't use technical clothes either just good quality wool and down.

Coffee i buy whatever is on sale at Walmart. Always make my own in a big ole stainless thermos.

Guns, bows, corssbows, and optics though i tend to spend way more than necessary.

Bourbon i am a fan of Maker's Mark.

Also never heard of Yeti until i joined this forum - not for me but i can see the potential need given the right circumstances.

Toys in general i am guilty of spending too much on snowmobiles, sxs, boats, kayaks, canoes etc.. Hell my 2 canoes are worth 4K each and my kayak is worth 3K - as long as your not living outside your means anybody that wants to spend whatever on sunglasses is good in my books.

Last edited by Hirogen; 04/01/21 02:12 AM.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: txtrophy85] #8221867 04/01/21 10:56 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Life is short and you can’t take it with you. Spoil yourself every now and then.

Buy the costas, order the custom rifle, book the elk hunt, get the Kuiu. You will be happy you did.

Be responsible of course, but I have never once regretted a quality purchase, I only regretted the time it took to get me to come around to it

That’s pretty much my philosophy. What have I worked so hard for if not to enjoy the fruits of my labor?

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8221877 04/01/21 11:22 AM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
It would be nice to have a really nice pair of sunglasses, I cannot justify spending that kind of money ($100+) because I know I will either lose them or scratch them up.

Thinking about buying a pair of Shady Rays that are under $50.00, anybody familiar with them?

texas flag

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: Stub] #8222147 04/01/21 03:29 PM
J
John2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Stub
It would be nice to have a really nice pair of sunglasses, I cannot justify spending that kind of money ($100+) because I know I will either lose them or scratch them up.

Thinking about buying a pair of Shady Rays that are under $50.00, anybody familiar with them?

Sounds like he is trying to do it right plus made in the USA and fighting hunger.

https://shadyrays.com/pages/mission

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8222253 04/01/21 04:41 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I like costas but nearly all their stuff is polarized. I hate polarized glasses. I had to switch brands for that reason.

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: Sewer rat] #8222444 04/01/21 07:11 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
I like costas but nearly all their stuff is polarized. I hate polarized glasses. I had to switch brands for that reason.

I bought my first pair of Costa's for fishing. For many years all I ever used were Strike King's or any other cheap polarized glasses from China Mart. What a difference the Costa's made seeing fish.

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: Sewer rat] #8222451 04/01/21 07:16 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Sewer rat

Are you a pilot?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8222472 04/01/21 07:29 PM
J
JESmith Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
It costs a couple of dollars more, but I go to my local optometrist. Mine is an authorized dealer for most every brand and can get me any pair I want. Warranty is no hassle, just take them in and they fix them. Also they can get them custom made with my prescription.

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8222503 04/01/21 07:50 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
After the hinge fell off a pair of Oakley's I tried to get them replaced under warranty and they refused, so I vowed to never use them again and have been looking for a different brand ever since. I was all set to get some Costa's and after reading several bad reviews about their quality going down hill the last couple of years I did a little research and figured out that they were bought by the same company that owns Oakley. So I'm now on the hunt again. It is a shame because I really like the Oakley Prizm lenses. Maybe I'll give them another chance, but don't really want to.

[Linked Image]

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: mattfox] #8222508 04/01/21 07:53 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Guessing that means the white ones don't hold up very well

Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: KRoyal] #8222510 04/01/21 07:54 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by KRoyal
After the hinge fell off a pair of Oakley's I tried to get them replaced under warranty and they refused, so I vowed to never use them again and have been looking for a different brand ever since. I was all set to get some Costa's and after reading several bad reviews about their quality going down hill the last couple of years I did a little research and figured out that they were bought by the same company that owns Oakley. So I'm now on the hunt again. It is a shame because I really like the Oakley Prizm lenses. Maybe I'll give them another chance, but don't really want to.

Lots of white framed sunglass manufacturers out there...good luck with your quest. roflmao

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Beware Costa sunglasses [Re: Judd] #8222526 04/01/21 08:04 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Guessing that means the white ones don't hold up very well

FU

Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by KRoyal

Lots of white framed sunglass manufacturers out there...good luck with your quest. roflmao

FU

Not sure why you think I wear white shades? Because my truck is white LOL?

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide