texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
huntr2040, Billsdaughter, Fi8shmasty, Giftedkiller, ShootemupTex
69449 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 109,611
bill oxner 90,106
SnakeWrangler 62,558
stxranchman 59,400
Gravytrain 44,716
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
BMD 41,232
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics604,328
Posts11,293,450
Members84,449
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
2022 Gubernatorial race and guns #8201805 03/13/21 10:45 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
T
TCM3 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
Heard matthew mcconaughey floated the idea of a gubernatorial bid. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...tric-actor-is-considering-it/ar-BB1ewwqw
just remember this if he does run.
Quote
“In 2018, he appeared in a March for Our Lives rally where he endorsed the group and gun control. He also openly backs the ‘assault weapons’ and ‘high capacity’ magazine bans.”

“One, let’s ban the assault weapons for civilians. This is a no-brainer,” he declared. “And to my friends out there, that are responsible owners of these assault weapons that they use for recreation, please let’s take one for the team and set it down.”

https://libertyconservativenews.com...vernor-would-not-be-good-for-gun-rights/
and i don't care if he is a Longhorn bolt


[Linked Image] Secure the border, Abolish Property Tax, maintain reliable energy, keep Texans free.
texas
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8201821 03/13/21 11:11 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 23,832
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 23,832
F him and the Longhorns.

Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8202188 03/14/21 06:35 AM
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,534
B
Bigfoot Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
B
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,534
I actually agree with mcconaghey.. Assault weapons should be banned. Thankfully an AR is not considered an Assault weapon unless it is full auto. I wonder if he actually knows this?


I WILL NOT COMPLY!! Let's go Brandon!!!!
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: Bigfoot] #8202302 03/14/21 01:55 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 25,545
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 25,545
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
I actually agree with mcconaghey.. Assault weapons should be banned. Thankfully an AR is not considered an Assault weapon unless it is full auto. I wonder if he actually knows this?



Not even full auto should br banned. Nothing should be banned.


5303

LETS GO BRANDON!!!
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: Bigfoot] #8202338 03/14/21 02:27 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
T
TCM3 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
I actually agree with mcconaghey.. Assault weapons should be banned. Thankfully an AR is not considered an Assault weapon unless it is full auto. I wonder if he actually knows this?

Well, what do you think AR stands for? wink wink grin


[Linked Image] Secure the border, Abolish Property Tax, maintain reliable energy, keep Texans free.
texas
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8202346 03/14/21 02:33 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,546
W
Walkabout Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
W
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,546
What is ArmaLite Rifle? Rifles and handguns for $200 please.

Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: Walkabout] #8202591 03/14/21 06:06 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
T
TCM3 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
Originally Posted by Walkabout
What is ArmaLite Rifle? Rifles and handguns for $200 please.

up ding ding ding ding $$$$


[Linked Image] Secure the border, Abolish Property Tax, maintain reliable energy, keep Texans free.
texas
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8202676 03/14/21 07:31 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9,009
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 9,009
The right to bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

The whole militia thing gets non gun owners confused, they think it means the military or a standing militia...the citizens in the day were the militia. We have to take the words in proper context for what they were written. The militia was the citizenry, and the guns they owned at the time could have been better than what the british military had...there goes the argument about citizens not needing “military grade” weapons.

Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8202681 03/14/21 07:40 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
T
TCM3 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.


[Linked Image] Secure the border, Abolish Property Tax, maintain reliable energy, keep Texans free.
texas
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8202995 03/15/21 12:31 AM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,519
L
leswad Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
L
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,519
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
I actually agree with mcconaghey.. Assault weapons should be banned. Thankfully an AR is not considered an Assault weapon unless it is full auto. I wonder if he actually knows this?



Not even full auto should br banned. Nothing should be banned.


This!
up


[Linked Image]

FJB
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: skinnerback] #8203101 03/15/21 02:13 AM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 19,231
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 19,231
Originally Posted by skinnerback
F him and the Longhorns.


Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8203216 03/15/21 04:19 AM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 20,469
2Beez Offline
The Beedazzler
Offline
The Beedazzler
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 20,469
F him and all of hollywood.


[Linked Image]
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: 2Beez] #8203623 03/15/21 05:03 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
T
TCM3 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
Originally Posted by 2Beez
F him and all of hollywood.

Well articulated.


[Linked Image] Secure the border, Abolish Property Tax, maintain reliable energy, keep Texans free.
texas
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8204504 03/16/21 03:55 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 872
D
Dave Scott Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
D
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 872
Yes, to my knowledge assault weapons (full auto) are banned. That makes the AR-15 just another semi-auto like the old Ruger, etc. On the Second Amendment, back when W and Gore were running for President, Gore said he didn't have a problem with a firearm for small game like birds and rabbits. The "well regulated" militia means we are focusing on firearms suitable for defending America. Just because the government may oversee the militia in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY means the government issues the firearms. One of the first pieces of legislation the Congress passed under the Constitution was the Uniform Militia Acts of 1792 and 1793 that REQUIRED you to report to militia duty with YOUR OWN suitable musket or rifle plus ammunition.
There's the big argument about a "collective" right because the word "People" is used rather than person, so was an individual right recognized? An individual right absolutely exists under the 9th and 10th amendment because it existed at the time the Constitution was enacted but in the Second Amendment former Chief Justice Burger made this "Leap in Logic" that since people was used then it is a "collective" right and a "Collective right" then means the government. How you logically get there escapes me. In any event my contention is the government can probably look to ONE PERSON. Joe Smith in California wants to buy a gun so the government wants a criminal background check. Well does that effect everyone else in America from buying or keeping their firearms? Not really. The background check reveals Joe Smith was found guilty of murder and by DUE PROCESS of law was barred from owning firearms (Years ago Joe would have just been hung).
So "People" If a law says NO ONE in New York City can own a firearm. There is no due process denying a right, it is a categorical disarming of every citizen. That's PEOPLE and in my opinion that law would be absolutely unconstitutional. It infringes on the People.
Article 1, Section 8 gives Congress the power to arm, discipline, train the militia. That's what gave them the authority to pass the Uniform Militia Acts. If "Only" people suitable for serving in the militia have this right to keep and bear arms, beyond infringement.

Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8204538 03/16/21 04:24 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,456
T
TXGUNNER308 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,456
Full Auto is NOT banned. They are regulated through the National Firearms Act (NFA).


* Initial Success or Total Failure

* If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough.

* Let's go Brandon! F#ck Joe Biden!

* #4DMW
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TXGUNNER308] #8204691 03/16/21 07:14 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 23,832
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 23,832
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Full Auto is NOT banned. They are regulated through the National Firearms Act (NFA).

Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: skinnerback] #8204730 03/16/21 08:11 PM
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
T
TLew Offline
Veteran Tracker
Offline
Veteran Tracker
T
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,234
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
Full Auto is NOT banned. They are regulated through the National Firearms Act (NFA).



Sans the manufacturing, distribution, and sale of modern automatics. They effectively banned automatics and grandfathered existing. Let's call it gray area

Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: Dave Scott] #8204946 03/16/21 11:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 21,893
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
Offline
giddyup
F
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 21,893
Originally Posted by Dave Scott
Yes, to my knowledge assault weapons (full auto) are banned. That makes the AR-15 just another semi-auto like the old Ruger, etc. On the Second Amendment, back when W and Gore were running for President, Gore said he didn't have a problem with a firearm for small game like birds and rabbits. The "well regulated" militia means we are focusing on firearms suitable for defending America. Just because the government may oversee the militia in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY means the government issues the firearms. One of the first pieces of legislation the Congress passed under the Constitution was the Uniform Militia Acts of 1792 and 1793 that REQUIRED you to report to militia duty with YOUR OWN suitable musket or rifle plus ammunition.
There's the big argument about a "collective" right because the word "People" is used rather than person, so was an individual right recognized? An individual right absolutely exists under the 9th and 10th amendment because it existed at the time the Constitution was enacted but in the Second Amendment former Chief Justice Burger made this "Leap in Logic" that since people was used then it is a "collective" right and a "Collective right" then means the government. How you logically get there escapes me. In any event my contention is the government can probably look to ONE PERSON. Joe Smith in California wants to buy a gun so the government wants a criminal background check. Well does that effect everyone else in America from buying or keeping their firearms? Not really. The background check reveals Joe Smith was found guilty of murder and by DUE PROCESS of law was barred from owning firearms (Years ago Joe would have just been hung).
So "People" If a law says NO ONE in New York City can own a firearm. There is no due process denying a right, it is a categorical disarming of every citizen. That's PEOPLE and in my opinion that law would be absolutely unconstitutional. It infringes on the People.
Article 1, Section 8 gives Congress the power to arm, discipline, train the militia. That's what gave them the authority to pass the Uniform Militia Acts. If "Only" people suitable for serving in the militia have this right to keep and bear arms, beyond infringement.




Yep......kill them all and let god sort them out


Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a Crime in Progress is not a happy prospect.
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8205022 03/17/21 12:47 AM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
T
TCM3 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
Hehehehe,
[Linked Image]


[Linked Image] Secure the border, Abolish Property Tax, maintain reliable energy, keep Texans free.
texas
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8205049 03/17/21 01:08 AM
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 676
R
rogerh Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
R
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 676
Originally Posted by TCM3
Hehehehe,
[Linked Image]



True dat

Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8205329 03/17/21 10:57 AM
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,534
B
Bigfoot Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
B
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,534
I am OK with full autos being an NFA item and being mostly unavailable to the normal public. Let the Dems think they are doing something by keeping military weapons' out of the public s hands. Although it says not to be infringed we all know that there are some rules and regulations so lets keep those rules and regulations to make the Dems happy. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a lot.


I WILL NOT COMPLY!! Let's go Brandon!!!!
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: Bigfoot] #8206027 03/17/21 10:00 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 516
B
bjh Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
B
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 516
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
I am OK with full autos being an NFA item and being mostly unavailable to the normal public. Let the Dems think they are doing something by keeping military weapons' out of the public s hands. Although it says not to be infringed we all know that there are some rules and regulations so lets keep those rules and regulations to make the Dems happy. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a lot.


Waste of time typing, we are talking DEM's here!!!!!


Give them an inch and they come back to get a mile. Fight the SOB'S now, or they will take them all away!!!!!

Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: bjh] #8206090 03/17/21 11:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
T
TCM3 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
T
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 12,787
Originally Posted by bjh
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
I am OK with full autos being an NFA item and being mostly unavailable to the normal public. Let the Dems think they are doing something by keeping military weapons' out of the public s hands. Although it says not to be infringed we all know that there are some rules and regulations so lets keep those rules and regulations to make the Dems happy. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a lot.


Waste of time typing, we are talking DEM's here!!!!!


Give them an inch and they come back to get a mile. Fight the SOB'S now, or they will take them all away!!!!!

Can't disagree at all. up


[Linked Image] Secure the border, Abolish Property Tax, maintain reliable energy, keep Texans free.
texas
Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: bjh] #8206820 03/18/21 05:30 PM
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 590
GNTX Offline
Tracker
Offline
Tracker
Joined: Mar 2019
Posts: 590
Originally Posted by bjh
Originally Posted by Bigfoot
I am OK with full autos being an NFA item and being mostly unavailable to the normal public. Let the Dems think they are doing something by keeping military weapons' out of the public s hands. Although it says not to be infringed we all know that there are some rules and regulations so lets keep those rules and regulations to make the Dems happy. Sometimes you have to give a little to get a lot.


Waste of time typing, we are talking DEM's here!!!!!


Give them an inch and they come back to get a mile. Fight the SOB'S now, or they will take them all away!!!!!


Yup.


[Linked Image]

Re: 2022 Gubernatorial race and guns [Re: TCM3] #8207583 03/19/21 12:42 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 225
Maddog Offline
Woodsman
Offline
Woodsman
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 225
I'd like to know where THEY get their information from.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3