Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Sitka [Re: BradyBuck] #8168602 02/14/21 12:03 AM
B
BradyBuck Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I'm just saying both sides seem ridiculous.

Ridiculous to be obsessed with a clothing brand wether that's in favor or against.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Sitka [Re: ducknbass] #8169076 02/14/21 01:24 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Did I tell you fellas about my new underwear? Best there is.

Sitka? $45 not bad considering if you blow a hole in them farting they will repair it for free, crotch is to small for me tho.

[Linked Image]

Re: Sitka [Re: Guy] #8169294 02/14/21 03:34 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by Guy

Sitka? $45 not bad considering if you blow a hole in them farting they will repair it for free, crotch is to small for me

Can't recommend the underwear for that price. Duluth trading is my preference there.
The sitka baselayers are nice. Others say first lite is the way to go, and it might be, but I trust the sitka and I can get it cheaper.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Sitka [Re: KWood_TSU] #8169309 02/14/21 03:43 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Originally Posted by Guy

Sitka? $45 not bad considering if you blow a hole in them farting they will repair it for free, crotch is to small for me

Can't recommend the underwear for that price. Duluth trading is my preference there.
The sitka baselayers are nice. Others say first lite is the way to go, and it might be, but I trust the sitka and I can get it cheaper.

I thought your weren't on the affiliate program?

Both firstlite and sikta boxers lack longevity.

Sitka’s baslayer(mernio and synthetic) are obsolete when Kuiu, Firstlite, Stone glacier make zip off.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Sitka [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8169325 02/14/21 03:49 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Guy

Sitka’s baslayer(mernio and synthetic) are obsolete when Kuiu, Firstlite, Stone glacier make zip off.

What's an affiliate program?

I have a dealer that I use that allows me to get stuff cheaper. It's called building a relationship.

Re: Sitka [Re: KWood_TSU] #8169368 02/14/21 04:03 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

What's an affiliate program?

I have a dealer that I use that allows me to get stuff cheaper. It's called building a relationship.

Discounted purchase program for social media “influencers”.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Sitka [Re: BradyBuck] #8186734 02/28/21 04:35 PM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Well the wife got me a gift card for mpw and mpw had the Sitka boreal jacket 20% off so I went ahead and got it. The boreal is suppose to be their warmest and driest jacket. Mainly bought it for my seaduck hunt to mass. Next season and for the few cold snaps we get here in texas. It is a really nice jacket.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Sitka [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8189421 03/02/21 06:38 PM
T
TLew Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Guy

Bingo on your last point. I buy a lot of Sitka but I won't buy their base layers because they don't zip off. Buddy has the First Lite base layer 3/4 zip offs and they make way more sense to me than Sitka's

Re: Sitka [Re: BradyBuck] #8193966 03/06/21 04:14 AM
B
BDB Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Well sense were on Sitka topic....how are the sizes as far as fit....meaning if I wear normal large should I get the tall large? I think Sitka takes into account the layer system??( a jacket made to fit over your base/mid layers) I have an opportunity to get some Sitka at 50% and 40% off so going to take advantage of it. I have a base layer already (not sitka). I'll be getting this for sept archery elk.....

* apex pants
* Traverse pants
* apex shirt
* Accent shirt
* Kelvin lite vest
* Kelvin active jacket

Re: Sitka [Re: BDB] #8194146 03/06/21 01:13 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BDB
Well sense were on Sitka topic....how are the sizes as far as fit....meaning if I wear normal large should I get the tall large? I think Sitka takes into account the layer system??( a jacket made to fit over your base/mid layers) I have an opportunity to get some Sitka at 50% and 40% off so going to take advantage of it. I have a base layer already (not sitka). I'll be getting this for sept archery elk.....

* apex pants
* Traverse pants
* apex shirt
* Accent shirt
* Kelvin lite vest
* Kelvin active jacket

If you are backpaking in the pants are redundant, if hunting from truck it won't matter. Watch camofire for good deals on light weight wool socks from farm to feet, darn tough it smartwool.

Re: Sitka [Re: BDB] #8194243 03/06/21 03:10 PM
E
Erny Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Originally Posted by BDB

* apex pants
* Traverse pants
* apex shirt
* Accent shirt
* Kelvin lite vest
* Kelvin active jacket

All Sitka stuff is athletic fitting. I wear a large tall in jackets. So for my base layers I get large tall, for my outer I get XL or XLT. For pants just get your normal size, unless you have large thigh size. If you go to Sitka’s website they have a sizing chart.

On another note a few years ago started purchasing Sitka gear discounted from several retailers. I have been impressed with there product. However the price is pretty disturbing, especially if your not getting a discount.

Re: Sitka [Re: BradyBuck] #8194596 03/06/21 10:59 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BradyBuck
Originally Posted by 68A
I don’t have any hate towards Sitka. I’m glad you like it. The problem I have is people that pound the Sitka drum telling me my drake, banded, gator waders, magellan, etc. gear is garbage and how awesome their Sitka is. I hunt public out of boat 90% of the time, in all weather conditions. None of it has let me down. If it works for me, I really don’t care how awesome your stuff is. Your money, your prerogative. My money, my prerogative. Why is this even brought up? I don’t care what brand anyone wears. None of it impresses me or makes anyone a better duck hunter.

Yeah, I agree. To each their own either way. From my perspective I see more people hating on Sitka vs the other way around. Just don't get it.

I don’t know about Sitka specifically, but there’s always been way more hate towards people that don’t have the most expensive thing on this forum. This forum is full of elitists who will quickly tell you your stuff is junk. Especially optics.

Re: Sitka [Re: Erny] #8195371 03/07/21 06:16 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by Erny
Originally Posted by BDB

* apex pants
* Traverse pants
* apex shirt
* Accent shirt
* Kelvin lite vest
* Kelvin active jacket

All Sitka stuff is athletic fitting. I wear a large tall in jackets. So for my base layers I get large tall, for my outer I get XL or XLT. For pants just get your normal size, unless you have large thigh size. If you go to Sitka’s website they have a sizing chart.

On another note a few years ago started purchasing Sitka gear discounted from several retailers. I have been impressed with there product. However the price is pretty disturbing, especially if your not getting a discount.

That is not true. Sitka has different fits, and it's all for layering.
Base layers will be athletic, others like the gradient hoody will be standard fit. Then stuff like the dakota hoody, Hudson jacket is loose fit.

Sitka is designed to wear one size through all of it. No sizing up or down.

Re: Sitka [Re: BradyBuck] #8197703 03/09/21 09:54 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I had no idea this was an issue. With everything going on in the world it seems silly that some people have to complain about what someone wears, whichever way it is done.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Sitka [Re: KWood_TSU] #8199029 03/11/21 03:13 AM
B
BDB Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Erny
Originally Posted by BDB

* apex pants
* Traverse pants
* apex shirt
* Accent shirt
* Kelvin lite vest
* Kelvin active jacket

That is not true. Sitka has different fits, and it's all for layering.
Base layers will be athletic, others like the gradient hoody will be standard fit. Then stuff like the dakota hoody, Hudson jacket is loose fit.

Sitka is designed to wear one size through all of it. No sizing up or down.

So lets say you need large. Get large base, large mid and large outer wear? Thats the way I read it on their website

Re: Sitka [Re: BDB] #8199045 03/11/21 03:33 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by BDB

So lets say you need large. Get large base, large mid and large outer wear? Thats the way I read it on their website

Yes, if you're a large, buy a large in everything.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide