Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit #8184684 02/26/21 04:01 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
I am curious if any of you here have used this particular set up and if so, what has been your experience with it?
I have a couple buddies who hunt a big ranch in Maverick County and they are literally 10 mile off asphalt in either direction in their pasture and they have 6 or 7 of these going since September and haven't had any problems with them at all after they did the update Stealth Cam put out. They said the solar/battery pack has never run down to a point where any camera has stopped taking pics and that they get the pics like clockwork. I've seen the images and they are pretty dang good for sure for being texted to their phones.

I finally go on a lease again and it is out near Eldorado. I am going next weekend to set up feeders so I ordered this setup hoping it serves me well since it is a bit over 200 miles there and I do not have the time to go to often.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/stealth-cam-fusion-wireless-trail-camera

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087S7XGS9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8185384 02/27/21 02:39 AM
M
MoTex Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
We have some on our lease, very reliable and great pictures.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8185484 02/27/21 05:44 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
All I run are Stealthcams and I really like them, have about 15 of them. However, that battery pack you posted has one serious downfall...you can't charge it via 120V outlet. The only way it charges is with solar power. So you are limited to putting it somewhere it can get a lot of sunlight. I bought a bunch of them and returned them and got the battery boxes instead.

Get these instead, they can easily take over 3000 pics on a single charge and the solar panel helps as well:

https://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Cam-...mp;psc=1&refRID=GZ20628G0F5N83E0SP1H

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8186678 02/28/21 03:40 PM
P
Pittstate Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
All I run for cellular is Stealth/Muddy as well. They take great pics and they work all the time. I have 2 of those lithium battery/solar packs and the one in full sun works great. The one in partial sun runs down and I have to shut my pics down to once every 30 minutes for a couple of days to let it charge back up. They are coming out with a new lithium that is 3 times the battery power and should fix this issue.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8188771 03/02/21 03:30 AM
W
Whammer7 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
I've had one since the summer, no problems, replaced the batteries once. The solar panel went out and Stealth Cam replaced it on warranty, no problem

"Sometimes, too much to drink is barely enough"

Mark Twain
Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8188796 03/02/21 03:50 AM
G
Gemlin Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
I have a stealthcam Fusion.

I bought 5.5mm x 2.1mm 90 Degree Right Angle DC Power Male Plug Jack for like $8
I bought a 12v Deer Feeder Battery $25
I bought a 12v 12ah Battery off Amazon for like $28
I used a Plano Ammo Box $5 dollars @ walmart

Around 66 total for a Battery, Box, Wires and Solar Panel.

I've never put AA batteries in my camera.

The entire setup is more pricey than the battery pack than you can buy, but it lasts a long time. I've gotten over 15k photos from mine and it still says its fully charged. I put it out in November and its still running today. Plus you can put a 12v battery charger on it if it every drains all the way.

Last edited by Gemlin; 03/02/21 03:54 AM.
Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8190805 03/03/21 06:22 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Great feedback and information fellas!
Really, really appreciated.

The 12v battery box looks like a very good deal and the homemade batter/solar set up seems great.

Gemlin, so did you put both 12v batteries in the ammo box and connectd them in parallel?

My solar/battery unit showed up Saturday. It only came with 11.31 volts (tested with digital fluke meter).
We had completely cloudy days Sunday and Monday and it only went up those 2 days to 11.71v.
Yesterday it was sunny and after sitting out all day it rose to 12.22v but that still seems very low to me.
I'm thinking this unit simply has way, way too small of a solar panel to keep up maybe. Heck, some of the 12v solar panels I have had on deer feeders seem to charge a battery up much quicker and stronger than this!

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8194312 03/06/21 04:35 PM
D
DoubleDrop32 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Best solar panel is the HME SOLP. This solar pack is made for the camera. The new solar pack going soon will have a charging port to charge from a wall outlet.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8197289 03/09/21 02:47 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Camofire.com has these listed today.

I bought a couple, I'm going to try them this year. I've tried three other brands with not much luck. I am starting to think it's me and cell cameras and I are just not going to get along. I'll try these this year and Moultrie is releasing a new cell cam. Their current one worked and was alright just picture quality on the cell part wasn't good enough.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: Judd] #8197343 03/09/21 03:42 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Judd
Camofire.com has these listed today.

I bought a couple, I'm going to try them this year. I've tried three other brands with not much luck. I am starting to think it's me and cell cameras and I are just not going to get along. I'll try these this year and Moultrie is releasing a new cell cam. Their current one worked and was alright just picture quality on the cell part wasn't good enough.

Let me know how they do for you.
I set mine up on a new protein feeder Saturday at my new lease in Eldorado.
Not much activity yet so far as I can see by the deer. I've gotten a few night pics mostly of coons and a few during the day of turkeys and the pic quality seems pretty good even set on the lowest mp setting.
Also, so far the solar/battery pack seems to be doing ok and is showing fully charged.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8199946 03/12/21 01:32 AM
G
Gemlin Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

The 12v battery box looks like a very good deal and the homemade batter/solar set up seems great.

Gemlin, so did you put both 12v batteries in the ammo box and connectd them in parallel?

My solar/battery unit showed up Saturday. It only came with 11.31 volts (tested with digital fluke meter).
We had completely cloudy days Sunday and Monday and it only went up those 2 days to 11.71v.
Yesterday it was sunny and after sitting out all day it rose to 12.22v but that still seems very low to me.
I'm thinking this unit simply has way, way too small of a solar panel to keep up maybe. Heck, some of the 12v solar panels I have had on deer feeders seem to charge a battery up much quicker and stronger than this!

I bought the 12v 12AH battery off amaon, and I only HAVE ONE battery.

The other Deer Feeder Battery was supposed to be Deer Feeder Battery SOLAR PANEL CHARGER.

Been a solid 5 months now, battery still registers FULL (And I have NEVER put "AA" batteries in the camera. If you look at my attachment, it will show camera batteries EMPTY but the External Box full).

It's taken over 10k pictures (Its deleting the oldest as it takes new photos) and been out there for 5 months so far.

Send me a PM if you need any info.

Attached Files thumbnail.jpg
Last edited by Gemlin; 03/12/21 01:45 AM.
Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: Gemlin] #8200284 03/12/21 12:51 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Gemlin
Originally Posted by ILUVBIGBUCKS

I bought the 12v 12AH battery off amaon, and I only HAVE ONE battery.

The other Deer Feeder Battery was supposed to be Deer Feeder Battery SOLAR PANEL CHARGER.

Been a solid 5 months now, battery still registers FULL (And I have NEVER put "AA" batteries in the camera. If you look at my attachment, it will show camera batteries EMPTY but the External Box full).

It's taken over 10k pictures (Its deleting the oldest as it takes new photos) and been out there for 5 months so far.

Send me a PM if you need any info.

Great info Gemlin and really appreciate it.

So far it seems to be working with the setup I have and unless the deer start showing up to the protein feeder I won't have to worry about battery life at all.
I think that big new feeder may have em a little spooky of it still. Only have a few pics that came across of corn buzzards and coons so far.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8221911 04/01/21 12:07 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Update on this new camera and solar/battery unit.

I've had it out now about a month and so far so good. Battery/solar unit is holding up well but honestly I'm only getting about 15-25 pics a day which is not all that many I guess as the activity is pretty slow still around it. The pics are clear both day and night set at one of the lower MP settings. IR has very good range at night and even deer & hogs are illuminated well out to 75-80'. Trigger speed seems pretty good as well as I get a pic of the owner of the ranch driving past one of my feeders on his 4 wheeler quite often and I know he is not 'putting around' on it. lol

I will be buying a 2nd one soon and in fact am just waiting to see if BPS ever puts their 2-pack back for $199.99 on the website. I'd like to get 2 going at the lease and have one for my little place so that I can do the 3 camera bundle data package they offer.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8242263 04/19/21 04:25 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Update on Fusion at the lease.

Been up and going for almost 2 months and performing great both day and night.
Trigger speed seems to be pretty good on this camera as I've caught pics of the landowner driving by on his 4 wheeler numerous times. lol

I've since purchased 2 more and have been running one of those 2 at my home place on a feeder and in about 2 weeks it has taken 500 pictures and the 8 AA batteries are still reading full charge on the app.
Again, this one is working very well and pics are sent very quickly to the app on my phone when they are taken.

Right now you can get a 2 pack of these cameras for $200 on the stealth cam website. The 2 I got a couple weeks ago came with 2 16GB SD cards with the cameras.

If you want to order them here is how to do it.

Go to stealthcam.com
Select wireless under the drop down menu for Cameras
scroll down to fusion wireless trail cameral 2 pack (Price says $399.98)
Click more details
Choose either AT&T or Verizon under in the choose option scroll down
Add to your cart
Enter 2fusion in the add coupon box and go to checkout.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8244256 04/21/21 12:32 PM
L
Learnin to fish Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
L
I just ordered the 2 pack. Thanks for the heads up on the coupon. I’ll let y’all know how the work, hopefully some dead hogs very soon.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: Learnin to fish] #8244277 04/21/21 12:44 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Learnin to fish
I just ordered the 2 pack. Thanks for the heads up on the coupon. I’ll let y’all know how the work, hopefully some dead hogs very soon.

You got it brother

I hope you enjoy the same success I've had with them so far.
I fired up my 3rd camera yesterday and in less than 10 minutes I had it up and going including the software update.
The way these cameras work and the app they've built for it makes operating them a breeze even for folks that struggle some with technology.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: DocHorton] #8246429 04/23/21 01:51 PM
Sidebuster Offline
Tracker
Tracker
They have this same battery box at Academy for $46.99.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8262286 05/11/21 01:27 AM
T
TxAggie10 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I’m not very thrilled with stealthcam fusion photo clarity. Snyper is better. I’m not receiving notifications anymore. When I tested the camera at home, it alerted my phone as it should. [Linked Image]

Texas A&M Association of Former Students
WH10P!
Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8262373 05/11/21 02:54 AM
O
Old Smuggler Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
Bought the 2 pack as well and have one up and running this past weekend. Its funny you say that the notifications stopped. I am having the same issue. When I first set it up I did receive a notification but after that 1st one no more. Reviewed the manual that came with it as well as the app and do not see anything that should stop the notifications. Even checked the settings on the phone to make sure the app was allowing notifications. Have an email out to tech support so seeing what they say.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8262487 05/11/21 11:56 AM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Did both of you do the software updates that are needed on the new cameras?
If not, do it the next time you are next to it with your phone in hand.
If you do not see 03.12.00 in the software at the bottom in your settings than you need to do the update.
[Linked Image]

Also, on the picture quality what do you have it set on because my pics are much more clear than that and I'm set on 8mp.
This is a pic from a couple days ago at 8mp which is the 2nd lowest setting on the camera. Although it is somewhat grainy here it is not on the thumbnail on the app. I'm guessing it is because it is much larger here.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by ILUVBIGBUCKS; 05/11/21 11:59 AM.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8262537 05/11/21 01:07 PM
O
Old Smuggler Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
yes, I have updated to 3.12.00. Did that on Sunday before I left. I have the other camera here at the house. Will set it up and see what I get on it.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8262653 05/11/21 02:37 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
It's got 26mp...why would you all be taking 8mp pictures? Are you not on unlimited plans and trying to keep your data usage down OR is it battery life?

I agree 100% Old Smuggler if that's the pictures...I won't be happy. I still haven't put my 2 out but plan to this month. I had to move everything this year so it's been a process to say the least.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #8262704 05/11/21 03:09 PM
O
Old Smuggler Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
Texaggie was having the picture quality issue. We both are having notification issues. I have my pics set at 16mp currently and the picture quality is ok.

Just got off the phone with tech support and they said that the notification problem should be fixed by end of day. Something on the back end and nothing to do with the camera. The scary part is I only gave her my first name and she was able to see the latest photos on the camera. She pulled the pictures with the phone number! Big brother is watching.....at least stealthcam is!

Last edited by Old Smuggler; 05/11/21 03:46 PM. Reason: spelling
Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: Old Smuggler] #8263029 05/11/21 08:39 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Old Smuggler
Texaggie was having the picture quality issue. We both are having notification issues. I have my pics set at 16mp currently and the picture quality is ok.

Just got off the phone with tech support and they said that the notification problem should be fixed by end of day. Something on the back end and nothing to do with the camera. The scary part is I only gave her my first name and she was able to see the latest photos on the camera. She pulled the pictures with the phone number! Big brother is watching.....at least stealthcam is!

lol
did you call tech support from the same number that your app is set up on? If so, that is why she knew who you were.

Re: Stealth Cam Fusion W/ Solar Pwr Unit [Re: Judd] #8263039 05/11/21 08:43 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted by Judd
It's got 26mp...why would you all be taking 8mp pictures? Are you not on unlimited plans and trying to keep your data usage down OR is it battery life?

I agree 100% Old Smuggler if that's the pictures...I won't be happy. I still haven't put my 2 out but plan to this month. I had to move everything this year so it's been a process to say the least.

I have 3 cameras going and pay $10/month for each one for up to 2k pics. I'm pretty sure though that it is based on the amount of data transferred and not the actual # of pics sent so that is why I have them set on 8mp right now. Besides, I'm not using my game cameras to blow up into poster sized portraits or count the ticks on the buck's testacles.....I just want to see what is coming in and the images are plenty good for that for me. The pic below is from this morning and I think it has plenty of detail and clarity at 8mp

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide