Print Thread
Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? #8189452 03/02/21 07:05 PM
F
freerange Online Content OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
We have family business in Georgetown next week(Mar 7 to 12ish). Trying to incorporate a little getaway vacation trip. Looking for ideas on some type Air BnB, Bed Breakfast type place for a few nights. Could go a ways outa Georgetown if needed, like as far as Temple or San Marcos and we like a lot of hill country SW of Austin. Ideally out in the country and on a river would be great. Need some decent restaurants nearby but mostly just relaxing and maybe sight see whatever or do some shopping. My better half reminds me that Im never willing to commit ahead of time so I end up with everything booked. Any help?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Keep your gratitude higher than your expectations. RWH
Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8189496 03/02/21 07:36 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Salt Lick is close by. I really like their BBQ

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8189518 03/02/21 07:52 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I live in Georgetown. Here are my thoughts on restaurants. Can't really help you on places to stay as I've never looked for any. The Sheraton is here is really nice, and priced right right now.

Golden Rule - Great whiskey bar with awesome food. They have great bartenders as well so you're not stuck with whiskey. But they have a bunch of hard to find bourbons if you want to try some really good stuff up to and including various ages of Pappy.

Mesquite Creek Outfitters - Beer place, mostly local stuff, but they know them all well and can point you in the right direction. Also have some clothes and jewelry shopping, so the women usually like it as well. Very cool atmosphere.

600 Degrees - Awesome pizza and a bunch of local beers. Probably best pizza I've had, certainly the best I've had in Texas.

Barrels & Amps - Another really cool bar. Really good food as well.

El Monumento - Really good Mexican food (think interior Mexican, not Tex-Mex) and outstanding margaritas.

All of these are on the square or close to it.

As far as other stuff to do, I have a buddy that is a guide on Lake Buchanan and he's been hammering huge stripers since we warmed back up after that front. Would be a great use of a morning or afternoon.

[Linked Image]
Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: Gumbeaux] #8189521 03/02/21 07:55 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
I live in Georgetown. Here are my thoughts on restaurants. Can't really help you on places to stay as I've never looked for any. The Sheraton is here is really nice, and priced right right now.

Golden Rule - Great whiskey bar with awesome food. They have great bartenders as well so you're not stuck with whiskey. But they have a bunch of hard to find bourbons if you want to try some really good stuff up to and including various ages of Pappy.

Mesquite Creek Outfitters - Beer place, mostly local stuff, but they know them all well and can point you in the right direction. Also have some clothes and jewelry shopping, so the women usually like it as well. Very cool atmosphere.

600 Degrees - Awesome pizza and a bunch of local beers. Probably best pizza I've had, certainly the best I've had in Texas.

Barrels & Amps - Another really cool bar. Really good food as well.

El Monumento - Really good Mexican food (think interior Mexican, not Tex-Mex) and outstanding margaritas.

All of these are on the square or close to it.

As far as other stuff to do, I have a buddy that is a guide on Lake Buchanan and he's been hammering huge stripers since we warmed back up after that front. Would be a great use of a morning or afternoon.

listen to this guy, stay in Georgetown and hang out on the square, family friendly and lots of unique shops for shopping and great eats

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8189522 03/02/21 07:55 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
That BnB on the creek in Salado is nice, off I35. May even be a motel. I hear the restaurant in it is good, WagonWheel cafe I believe. Downtown Salado is scenic, some antiquing

Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8189523 03/02/21 07:55 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
7A ranch in Wimberly.

Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8189651 03/02/21 09:24 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I actually know quiet a bit about Georgetown but please KEEP IT ALL COMING. However, I mostly am looking for a unique place to stay.
DQ, are you talking about Stagecoach Inn?

At some point in life its time to quit chasing the pot of gold and just enjoy the rainbow. FR
Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8190024 03/03/21 01:45 AM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
68rust, 7A Ranch in Wimberley is pretty close to what we are wanting. Thanks a lot. Checking it out now, but may not be available or may not like it so yall keep ideas coming. Really wish something like that was on the San Gabriel close to Georgetown but you dont always get what you want. If anyone familiar with Scurlock, i think that would be good but they stay booked.

Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8190611 03/03/21 03:34 PM
P
PMK Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I’m with Gumbeaux, I live here and never used a B&B or Hotel here. There are a number of B&B listed on trip advisor The Best Gtown B&B 2021 … As for hotels, The Sheraton overlooks the north San Gabriel river and there is a Holiday Inn Express plus a few other hotels if all the B&B are already booked.

As for restaurants,

The Monument just north of the square is known for their breakfast and is like a modern old timey diner for lunch and dinner. Good food but often times there’s a wait (not sure how Covid has impacted them).

2020 Market & Scratch Kitchen and BB’s are close to the Sheraton, Blue Corn Harvest Bar & Grill, Gumbo’s North, Wildfire and 600 degrees Pizzeria are all around or within a block of the square. Everything I have tried has been really good at all these.

As for day trip around the area:
Lots of cute shops around the square to visit including coffee chops. Stroll around San Gabriel Park or around Lake Georgetown. Inner Space cavern.

Enchanted Rock between Llano and Fredericksburg, of course various things to see in Fredericksburg and surround Vineyards, Lady Bird Wildflower center, Willow City Loop, etc. back thru Marble Falls with a stop at the world famous Bluebonnet Café for pie. Bill’s burgers in Burnet

Wimberley shopping, Jacob’s Well, Krause Springs close to Lake Travis.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8190634 03/03/21 03:48 PM
D
DQ Kid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by freerange
I actually know quiet a bit about Georgetown but please KEEP IT ALL COMING. However, I mostly am looking for a unique place to stay.
DQ, are you talking about Stagecoach Inn?

I guess I am..Is it very nice, the motel. Like the location on the river overlooking that small lake/pond off I-35. Here the food in the restaurant is very good.

Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8190660 03/03/21 04:09 PM
10pointers Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
The Shed in Salado. Serves great burgers and get the cheese curds. A lot of B&B in Salado can't recommend any as I live 13 miles away. Not sure if they are open but Inner Space Cave right in Georgetown.

Signature images may not be larger than 600 pixels wide by 125 pixels tall. That smile says it all
[North Dakota -16degrees

"Things may come to those who wait, but only those things left by those who hustle."
- Abraham Lincoln
Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8191983 03/04/21 06:16 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Thanks everybody for the tips. Looks like we are going to try the 7A Ranch in Wimberly. Any restaurant ideas or stuff to do around there would be appreciated. Gristmill is about my favorite restaurant ever so we will probably do lunch there one day. We ate at a kind of fancy Italian place that may of been in a vineyard around there somewhere. Also in Wimberly I had the best chicken dish ever at some place in town called Lemon Tree or Garden Cafe or something like that. We wont starve and we wont be bored(we like to read.)

Last edited by freerange; 03/04/21 06:17 PM.

Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8194185 03/06/21 02:00 PM
F
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
F
Heading out. My better half especially needs the RnR.
Next stop, Wimberly.

Re: Georgetown(ish) Trip. Ideas? [Re: freerange] #8194373 03/06/21 06:21 PM
T
txwildcat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
We've got several friends that have moved down there. Most recently we went to the wimberly Cafe, but there are several places to eat near where 12 crosses Cypress Creek.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide