Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Vaccination Poll #8188181 03/01/21 07:50 PM
N
ndhunter Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
N

Have you received a vaccination shot for Covid-19?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 03/01/21 07:50 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188185 03/01/21 07:56 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
You probably should have to those that qualify.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188189 03/01/21 08:09 PM
F
FamousAmos Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I have completed my vaccinations. Was thrilled when the opportunity was provided through connections between my church and group homes for disabled individuals. I jumped on the chance to receive them. I can't understand why anyone would hesitate to be vaccinated.

“And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭6:8‬
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: FamousAmos] #8188195 03/01/21 08:12 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by FamousAmos
I have completed my vaccinations. Was thrilled when the opportunity was provided through connections between my church and group homes for disabled individuals. I jumped on the chance to receive them. I can't understand why anyone would hesitate to be vaccinated.

Are you still wearing 1 mask or 2?
grin

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188198 03/01/21 08:14 PM
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
I voted. The poll would be more meaningful if the question was "Do you intend to get the vaccination?"

I know a lot of people are ready & wanting to get it but its not available yet. A few people have had the 1st shot & are now worried about getting access to the 2nd shot. A very few have gotten both inoculations.

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.” - George Orwell
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: pertnear] #8188205 03/01/21 08:20 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by pertnear
I voted. The poll would be more meaningful if the question was "Do you intend to get the vaccination?"

I know a lot of people are ready & wanting to get it but its not available yet. A few people have had the 1st shot & are now worried about getting access to the 2nd shot. A very few have gotten both inoculations.

With RARE exception, if you got the first shot, the provider that gave it to you is supposed to get the second dose and to get it to you. They usually call 2 to 3 days prior to the due date. Now, there was a post I read on a Covid Vaccine facebook group where a lady claimed that the provider told her they were not going to be getting the 2nd dose...that's why I put the 'rare exception' qualifier. Providers are supposed to get the second dose. Period.

I have had both does of Moderna, finished them up on 2/1. I still wear 2 masks when working...I'm usually 12 to 18 inches from my client's face for an exteneded period of time. The data so far shows you're 95% protected from getting the virus 1 to 2 weeks after the second dose (depends on Pfizer or Moderna)...and I read last night they now think it will give you 85% protection from being infectious if you were in that 5% that actually came down with Covid. So, yes, I will wear my masks to protect my clients. I wear one when I'm going out in public, because not all of my clients are vaccinated. The most at risk are, but still. I also have some family members that are not fully vaccinated yet.

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188212 03/01/21 08:23 PM
S
spacejunkie Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
Have had both of my Moderna shots.

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188222 03/01/21 08:31 PM
H
hawk Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Have had both of the moderna shots as well.

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188232 03/01/21 08:37 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
[Linked Image]

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: fadetoblack64] #8188262 03/01/21 08:46 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by fadetoblack64

Are you still wearing 1 mask or 2?
grin

Outside and inside the car?

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188264 03/01/21 08:48 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Nope, not now n not ever..

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188267 03/01/21 08:50 PM
Gumbeaux Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I'm not getting vaccinated for something that has north of a 99.9% survival rate in my age group. This whole thing has gotten ridiculous.

If I was old or had underlying conditions, sure, I'd do it. But I think it's asinine that we're trying to vaccinate 100% of the population when it's only a small fraction of that that's at risk.

[Linked Image]
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: LoneStarSon] #8188270 03/01/21 08:52 PM
L
Lakhota Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
L
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

With RARE exception, if you got the first shot, the provider that gave it to you is supposed to get the second dose and to get it to you. They usually call 2 to 3 days prior to the due date. Now, there was a post I read on a Covid Vaccine facebook group where a lady claimed that the provider told her they were not going to be getting the 2nd dose...that's why I put the 'rare exception' qualifier. Providers are supposed to get the second dose. Period.

I have had both does of Moderna, finished them up on 2/1. I still wear 2 masks when working...I'm usually 12 to 18 inches from my client's face for an exteneded period of time. The data so far shows you're 95% protected from getting the virus 1 to 2 weeks after the second dose (depends on Pfizer or Moderna)...and I read last night they now think it will give you 85% protection from being infectious if you were in that 5% that actually came down with Covid. So, yes, I will wear my masks to protect my clients. I wear one when I'm going out in public, because not all of my clients are vaccinated. The most at risk are, but still. I also have some family members that are not fully vaccinated yet.

So when do you intend to go to wearing one mask and then stop wearing one?

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: Lakhota] #8188275 03/01/21 08:57 PM
L
LoneStarSon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by Lakhota
Originally Posted by LoneStarSon

So when do you intend to go to wearing one mask and then stop wearing one?

I generally only wear one mask when I'm out in public. I wear 2 when I'm working, because I have to be very close to my client's face when I'm working on them. Right now, I do go without a mask if I'm around others that are fully vaccinated. I've lost 11 family members and friends to Covid related complications....so maybe I'm a bit more aware of if. Probably once we're at about 30% vaccinated here in Texas, I'll stop wearing a mask except in businesses that require it...and of course at work. I really am starting to like the mask at work....it does help to deal with bad breath. I brush my teeth in between each client as I don't want to have offensive breath. My clients don't always have that same consideration, however.

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: Gumbeaux] #8188276 03/01/21 08:58 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by Gumbeaux
I'm not getting vaccinated for something that has north of a 99.9% survival rate in my age group. This whole thing has gotten ridiculous.

If I was old or had underlying conditions, sure, I'd do it. But I think it's asinine that we're trying to vaccinate 100% of the population when it's only a small fraction of that that's at risk.

^^^^ THIS

I'm amazed at how many folks are gung ho to get a vaccine that hasn't ever been developed with this approach, has zero long term effects data and our government had a big hand in getting to market. What possibly could go wrong? No thanks.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188280 03/01/21 09:02 PM
D
Dub32 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Mom just had second Moderna shot last week. Just pray that these vaccines work.

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: Judd] #8188284 03/01/21 09:07 PM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Judd

^^^^ THIS

I'm amazed at how many folks are gung ho to get a vaccine that hasn't ever been developed with this approach, has zero long term effects data and our government had a big hand in getting to market. What possibly could go wrong? No thanks.

Well said gentlemen.

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: Dub32] #8188289 03/01/21 09:08 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
yep.......the next election its over for TX.

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: skinnerback] #8188294 03/01/21 09:15 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by Judd

^^^^ THIS

Well said gentlemen.

Yup

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188316 03/01/21 09:26 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I heard the US stands at about 20% completed.
I believe it will stall at 40%.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: Gumbeaux] #8188332 03/01/21 09:35 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U

Reason number one to hesitate...

Reason number two to hesitate...
I personally know quite a few people who have received the vaccine. Many had minor reactions, a few had major reactions. One started feeling feverish right after her first shot, and the fever and shortness of breath never went away. Within a week, she developed Pneumonia!

Reason number three to hesitate...
My body, my choice.

Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188337 03/01/21 09:40 PM
J
jdk1985 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
I have not had the vaccine. I do not know if I've had COVID. I've not tested positive, but I was sick a few times early in the game. I will eventually take the vaccine. I am around (seemingly countless) 18-22 year olds all day. Assuming it works, it takes a huge risk off my shoulders. Taking two weeks out to watch kids (2-4y/o) while quarantining is not worth not taking the vaccine. It adds too much stress to an already stressful life.

Instagram @justinkingwoodworking
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188481 03/01/21 11:21 PM
P
PMK Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
nope, I haven't fallen into one of the categories where I am eligible to get the vaccine. My wife got her first round last week since she is the primary care giver to her 95 y/o mother in nursing home care is why she qualified (got it at the nursing home, but round 2 will be thru CVS). When I am eligible, I will get it though.

I personally know several people that have succumb to this virus. Yes, several were older with underlying conditions but several others were middle aged people that didn't have any underlying conditions. One of which was actually a fairly fit 52 y/o that still ran 10k's and averaged over 100 miles per week on a bicycle, in heck of a lot better condition that most 50 year old's I know.

I think it can have different impacts on different people, some mild cases, some horrible but pull thru and those that it completely destroys without rhythm or reason.

"everyone that lives dies but not everyone who dies lived..."

~PMK~
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188498 03/01/21 11:25 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Haven’t gotten it....won’t be getting it....

But I’m sure some here are so excited that they too, like this sheep, will rush out and get the accompanying tattoo to celebrate....You’re very own mark of the beast...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Vaccination Poll [Re: ndhunter] #8188522 03/01/21 11:35 PM
B
Biscuit Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity