Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8184055 02/25/21 11:26 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
This is my little lap dog. She's what they call a velcro dog, she won't leave your side.

[Linked Image]

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8184056 02/25/21 11:28 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
She is beautiful.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Dogs... [Re: bill oxner] #8184064 02/25/21 11:34 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by bill oxner
She is beautiful.

Yeah, I'm not a dog person but she's grown on me. I feel guilty for giving her more attention then I give our other dog coffee.

Also, they believe that dogs somehow seem to have Williams Syndrome, and thats why all they want is for you to love them.

Re: Dogs... [Re: S.A. hunter] #8184461 02/26/21 10:51 AM
B
Bandit 200 XP Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
This is my little lap dog. She's what they call a velcro dog, she won't leave your side.

[Linked Image]

up

Re: Dogs... [Re: Buzzsaw] #8184491 02/26/21 12:28 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

Bella on Prince Harry's lap

[Linked Image]

Hobnobbing with royalty again Buzz laugh

texas flag

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8184511 02/26/21 01:02 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
At a 108 lbs Luke is no lap dog or affection monger. Happy as all get out to see you when you get home, after that leave me alone until he wants something.
If you sit to close to him on the couch, he will growl at you, only once has he laid his legs on my wifes legs and I think that was an accident?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Stub; 02/26/21 01:38 PM.

texas flag

Re: Dogs... [Re: Stub] #8184592 02/26/21 02:34 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by Stub
At a 108 lbs Luke is no lap dog or affection monger. Happy as all get out to see you when you get home, after that leave me alone until he wants something.
If you sit to close to him on the couch, he will growl at you, only once has he laid his legs on my wifes legs and I think that was an accident?

[Linked Image]

Why do you let your dog growl at you when you sit down next to him. Mine would only do that once.

Re: Dogs... [Re: scalebuster] #8184607 02/26/21 02:52 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by scalebuster

[Linked Image]

Why do you let your dog growl at you when you sit down next to him. Mine would only do that once.

Its not a vicious growl, no teeth showing just a low rumble growl letting us know we have invaded his space only last for a few seconds, a lot of the times he will get off the couch and look back at us like hey you A Holes I was there first laugh

Last edited by Stub; 02/26/21 02:53 PM.

texas flag

Re: Dogs... [Re: scalebuster] #8184635 02/26/21 03:23 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D

Cause he's 108 lbs of pure dog roflmao

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8184640 02/26/21 03:27 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
My Dawg!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Dogs... [Re: decook] #8184642 02/26/21 03:30 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by decook

That’s the main reason not to put up with any aggression. A dog like that needs to know whose running the show.

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8184646 02/26/21 03:32 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
[Linked Image]

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8184651 02/26/21 03:36 PM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
[Linked Image]

French brittanys are great bird/lap dogs.

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8184678 02/26/21 03:54 PM
kmon11 Online Shocked
junior
Online Shocked
junior
My Brit when I got him at 1.5 years old would run and do his thing all day then at night go to bed with the chickens nd wake up with them. For hours at a time he liked to sleep in my lap. Now at 12 years old he sleep a lot more during the day and not as much of a lap puppy but still wants his time. He also likes his 3 beds, blankets and 2 love seats.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by kmon1; 02/26/21 04:04 PM.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: Dogs... [Re: scalebuster] #8184680 02/26/21 03:56 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by decook

That’s the main reason not to put up with any aggression. A dog like that needs to know whose running the show.

Luke knows without a doubt that I am the Alpha of the house and will get on to him if he cross's that line, I do that without having to beat or cowl him down whenever he shows a little displeasure. I give him a little rope and pull it in if I need to, just like I did with my kiddos and they turned out pretty darn good.

I feel sorry for any dog that has to live in fear of his Master!

texas flag

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8185059 02/26/21 10:23 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Ever seen a dog that would not go for a car ride?

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Dogs... [Re: Stub] #8185315 02/27/21 01:50 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Why do you let your dog growl at you when you sit down next to him. Mine would only do that once.[/quote]

Cause he's 108 lbs of pure dog roflmao[/quote]

[/quote]

Luke knows without a doubt that I am the Alpha of the house and will get on to him if he cross's that line, I do that without having to beat or cowl him down whenever he shows a little displeasure. I give him a little rope and pull it in if I need to, just like I did with my kiddos and they turned out pretty darn good.

I feel sorry for any dog that has to live in fear of his Master! [/quote]

I’m glad that’s working for you. I’m all for letting a dog be a dog. I feel sorry for dogs that don’t respect their master. That’s all dogs want out of life is for someone to tell them what to do and take care of them. Like you said raising dogs and kids are somewhat similar. Some people teach them manners and some don’t. Kids and dogs with manners are much easier to live with.
I’m trying to make my boys into good dog men. The hardest thing for them is after getting their dogs trained is they ask them to do things instead of commanding them. House dogs are different than working dogs and some of mine are both. My dogs that come in the house don’t get on furniture until asked and I can’t stand a dog that licks. The boys also say yessir one no sir. I’m not downing the way you train your dog at all. No, I dont I beat my dogs, but the first sign of aggression to me or the family I take a hands on approach. Dogs with aggression issues only get worse with age.

I’ve only had one dog I trained in the last few years that needed a beating. He was a year old GIANT shorthair pup that had almost no human contact growing up. He was raised on a chain by his doghouse. He was scared of everything when I put him in a kennel. I babied him for a month and he was still a wild animal. I left town on a guide trip for a week and he hurt my wife when she was feeding him. I put some hands on that dog when I got back. All of the sudden he came around to my way of thinking, easy to train and really turned into a lover. I went hunting with his new owner a few weeks ago and that mutt is one of the friendliest well behaved bird dogs you’ll ever be around. He held all his bird and retrieved all to hand. He even sat next to the table while we were eating supper like a good boy.

All dogs are different, but all need manners.

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8185354 02/27/21 02:13 AM
S
Stump_jumper Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
My neighbors Jack Russell would come down and jump in my lap when I was outside. I miss that dog. Coyote got it one morning. I guarantee it did not go without a fight.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Dogs... [Re: Stub] #8185430 02/27/21 03:37 AM
S
Sailor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S

[Linked Image]

Only once..................

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8185438 02/27/21 03:53 AM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
My dog lets me live with him as long as I pay the bills

Re: Dogs... [Re: majekman] #8185452 02/27/21 04:21 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by majekman
My dog lets me live with him as long as I pay the bills

clap

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8185493 02/27/21 06:03 AM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
we don't deserve them

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: Dogs... [Re: scalebuster] #8185543 02/27/21 12:45 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

I feel sorry for any dog that has to live in fear of his Master! [/quote]

I’m glad that’s working for you. I’m all for letting a dog be a dog. I feel sorry for dogs that don’t respect their master. That’s all dogs want out of life is for someone to tell them what to do and take care of them. Like you said raising dogs and kids are somewhat similar. Some people teach them manners and some don’t. Kids and dogs with manners are much easier to live with.
I’m trying to make my boys into good dog men. The hardest thing for them is after getting their dogs trained is they ask them to do things instead of commanding them. House dogs are different than working dogs and some of mine are both. My dogs that come in the house don’t get on furniture until asked and I can’t stand a dog that licks. The boys also say yessir one no sir. I’m not downing the way you train your dog at all. No, I dont I beat my dogs, but the first sign of aggression to me or the family I take a hands on approach. Dogs with aggression issues only get worse with age.

I’ve only had one dog I trained in the last few years that needed a beating. He was a year old GIANT shorthair pup that had almost no human contact growing up. He was raised on a chain by his doghouse. He was scared of everything when I put him in a kennel. I babied him for a month and he was still a wild animal. I left town on a guide trip for a week and he hurt my wife when she was feeding him. I put some hands on that dog when I got back. All of the sudden he came around to my way of thinking, easy to train and really turned into a lover. I went hunting with his new owner a few weeks ago and that mutt is one of the friendliest well behaved bird dogs you’ll ever be around. He held all his bird and retrieved all to hand. He even sat next to the table while we were eating supper like a good boy.

All dogs are different, but all need manners.
[/quote]

I use to be pretty adamant about a dog being a dog, it should live outside in a dog house and not allowed in the house, it should be treated like a pet not like family.
Well that stuff went out the window PDQ when we got Luke as a 6 month old flee invested rescue pup out of Farmersville.

Luke had lived in 6 different places before us and was a Psycho when we got him, we had no clue he had a lot of issues before we agreed to take him.
He would want to attack anyone in dark clothing or wearing brim hats, people on bicycles, big trucks he was a nut.
It took around two years of working with him to get him acclimated to what we deem somewhat normal behavior.

He bit me once when we were playing and I smacked him and chunked him into the wall, he has never shown any real sign of aggression towards me since.
That is the only time I have hit him, we send him to time out if he acts up.

He still has his quirks like he will not eat his food until we sit down and start eating ours, although we do not sit close to him when eating he stands over his food bowl in an aggressive posture sometimes barking like he is protecting his food.

He is extremely protective of the house and sometimes I worry that he will end up going through the glass in the front door trying to attack people approaching our house.
If we open the door and welcome someone in he is very friendly, sometimes overly friendly nuts

We go for two walks everyday, most of the time I let him off the leash in the nearby park and he sticks fairly close to me, if he gets around 50 + yards away I will calmly tell him to sit and usually he does on the first request/command, sometimes I have to tell him two or three times and if I do he goes back on the leash.

Lukes not perfect and neither am I but were both getting better, thats my story and I am sticking to it laugh
My pup loves me and follows me dang near everywhere I go so we are good up

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Stub; 02/27/21 02:22 PM.

texas flag

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8185560 02/27/21 01:24 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
I have never beaten any dog I’ve ever had.
People that hit dogs concern me.

Re: Dogs... [Re: TCM3] #8185629 02/27/21 02:32 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Do your dogs hide from you to do their business?

[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide