Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: LFD2037] #8183403 02/25/21 10:16 AM
S
StephenB Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LFD2037
Total BS. Trying to cover their [censored] from not sending out more power. They had the ability to, and the authorization to, but refused to pay the $1,500 per KWh emissions penalty. It’s that plain and simple.

$1,500/MWh. not KWh. Minor mathematical difference. It would mean $1.50 per KWh. Still, when people are used to buying it at $0.10 per KWh...

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: ndhunter] #8183444 02/25/21 12:46 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Are any of you now without power?

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: ndhunter] #8183474 02/25/21 01:22 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
A non scientific common sense approach would be, why would the company charged with keeping the grid safe, admit that it was 4 minutes and 26 seconds away from a complete failure If it wasn't true?

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/25/21 01:24 PM.
Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: S.A. hunter] #8183482 02/25/21 01:33 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Yeah i have a hard time believing they knew it to the second likenthat as well.

Can anyone in the industry explain this kind of precision and how they knew we were 4:37 away from the whole geod failing?

True story. When the story came out I asked my BIL if it was sensationalism or fact, and he said it was fact.

Fact and sensation.

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: Roll-Tide] #8183494 02/25/21 01:39 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
My source is common sense. No way we were 277 seconds away from complete blackout.

If so, what made it all good all of the sudden.

That was if we hadn't started rolling black outs. Once we cut power usage we where fine.

All goes back to the EPA.... To the “T”. Way our grid was set up to what we could use etc.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8183504 02/25/21 01:51 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
My source is common sense. No way we were 277 seconds away from complete blackout.

That was if we hadn't started rolling black outs. Once we cut power usage we where fine.

All goes back to the EPA.... To the “T”. Way our grid was set up to what we could use etc.

Yet one more reason to secede.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: S.A. hunter] #8183509 02/25/21 01:57 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by 2Beez
[quote=S.A. hunter][quote=Roll-Tide]Hyperbole. Drama.

Not believable.

Believe it!

Based on sources you cannot quote and reasons you cannot justify. No thank you Sir

And your source is?

Link without having to type it in:
DOE Letter To ERCOT

[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats Ercots letter to the DOE..... its on Ercot letterhead.[/quote]
Ercot, to dept of energy.

Crap, wrong one. Here’s DOE’s response to that letter that describes what I said:
https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2021/02/f82/DOE%20202%28c%29%20Emergency%20Order%20-%20ERCOT%2002.14.2021.pdf

R.I.P. CPO Matt Mills-(DEVGRU)- You will NEVER be forgotten!
10-25-75 / 8-6-11 *K.I.A.*
Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: ndhunter] #8183512 02/25/21 01:58 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: LFD2037] #8183554 02/25/21 02:29 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

“with respect to any Specified Resource that is an ERCOT Generation Resource or Settlement Only Generator whose operator notifies ERCOT that the unit is unable, or expected to be unable, to produce at its maximum output due to an emission or effluent limit in any federal environmental permit, ERCOT shall ensure that such Specified Resource is only allowed to exceed any such limit during a period for which ERCOT has declared an Energy Emergency Alert (EEA) Level 2 or Level 3. This incremental amount of restricted capacity would be offered at a price no lower than $1,500/MWh. Once ERCOT declares that such an EEA Level 2 or Level 3 event has ended, the unit is required to immediately return to operation within its permitted limits; and
(ii) with respect to any Specified Resource that is an ERCOT Generation Resource whose operator notifies ERCOT that the unit is offline or would need to go offline due to an emission or effluent limit in any federal environmental permit, and to which ERCOT has issued a Reliability Unit Commitment (RUC) instruction, the operator may make all of the unit’s capacity available to ERCOT for dispatch during a period for which ERCOT has declared an EEA Level 2 or Level 3. This incremental amount of restricted capacity would be offered at a price no lower than $1,500/MWh. Once ERCOT declares that such an EEA Level 2 or Level 3 event has ended, the unit is required to immediately return to operating at a level below the higher of its minimum operating level or the maximum output allowable under the permitted limit“

Pretty significant fines.... 15x.. Thanks EPA

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8183557 02/25/21 02:35 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

“with respect to any Specified Resource that is an ERCOT Generation Resource or Settlement Only Generator whose operator notifies ERCOT that the unit is unable, or expected to be unable, to produce at its maximum output due to an emission or effluent limit in any federal environmental permit, ERCOT shall ensure that such Specified Resource is only allowed to exceed any such limit during a period for which ERCOT has declared an Energy Emergency Alert (EEA) Level 2 or Level 3. This incremental amount of restricted capacity would be offered at a price no lower than $1,500/MWh. Once ERCOT declares that such an EEA Level 2 or Level 3 event has ended, the unit is required to immediately return to operation within its permitted limits; and
(ii) with respect to any Specified Resource that is an ERCOT Generation Resource whose operator notifies ERCOT that the unit is offline or would need to go offline due to an emission or effluent limit in any federal environmental permit, and to which ERCOT has issued a Reliability Unit Commitment (RUC) instruction, the operator may make all of the unit’s capacity available to ERCOT for dispatch during a period for which ERCOT has declared an EEA Level 2 or Level 3. This incremental amount of restricted capacity would be offered at a price no lower than $1,500/MWh. Once ERCOT declares that such an EEA Level 2 or Level 3 event has ended, the unit is required to immediately return to operating at a level below the higher of its minimum operating level or the maximum output allowable under the permitted limit“

Pretty significant fines

The BIL said Texas has a BIG bill coming...... and this is why the blame game is going on.

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: pegasaurus] #8183571 02/25/21 02:45 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
Originally Posted by pegasaurus
I don’t buy it. How do they know, down the second, when the world was going to end? Sounds like drama and a ploy to justify the blackouts to me.

confused2 wind turbines freezing up ?
scratch tis a thinking that pic (thread done gone missing)twas photo shop ...
We had -20° temps (without wind chill) for several days & NO freeze ups...

Scare tactics...

cheers glad ta see things back ta normal.. & every one okay...
flag

i'm postaddic
Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8183572 02/25/21 02:47 PM
L
LFD2037 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L

Agreed. They decided the lawsuits would cost them less than the emissions penalties, guarantee it.

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: S.A. hunter] #8183579 02/25/21 02:50 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Pretty significant fines

The BIL said Texas has a BIG bill coming...... and this is why the blame game is going on.

Not blame game at this point,

15x EPA emission fine is fact. If we where allowed to have everything online standing bye by giving us a once in a 100 year event pass, we would of had larger chance of no or less blackouts.

But in stead we are the 5 largest wind farm in the world roflmao

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: LFD2037] #8183582 02/25/21 02:53 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Agreed. They decided the lawsuits would cost them less than the emissions penalties, guarantee it.

Yelp and thats what the Dems will try to hide, to pound us with more regulation and mandate more unpredictable energy sources

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: ndhunter] #8183583 02/25/21 02:53 PM
H
Hudbone Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I thought that letter was rescinded.

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: Hudbone] #8183615 02/25/21 03:28 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Timeline is what's relevant. I've heard yes and no, but even on the yes, it wasn't in time enough to matter.

ERCOT-Should of been able to throw the entire kitchen sink at it from get go. Was a lot of mistakes, hindsite I image they would of brought everything on line and did just that.

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8183627 02/25/21 03:41 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Timeline is what's relevant. I've heard yes and no, but even on the yes, it wasn't in time enough to matter.

ERCOT-Should of been able to throw the entire kitchen sink at it from get go. Was a lot of mistakes, hindsite I image they would of brought everything on line and did just that.

I heard 9k per kwh, and power plants failed, so its not as easy as you say.

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: J.G.] #8183638 02/25/21 03:49 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Funny you say that. Greg Abbot asked to be bailed out by Feds.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: Erathkid] #8183643 02/25/21 03:53 PM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Erathkid

I would tell Texas, No and to go figure your chet out...... it probably wouldn't be too popular around here, but thats how I feel.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/25/21 03:54 PM.
Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: Erathkid] #8183649 02/25/21 03:55 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Erathkid

Why wouldn’t he? We still pay Federal taxes, is he not asking for Texans money to support Texans? You really should just move to Portland, OR, you would be much happier

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: S.A. hunter] #8183654 02/25/21 03:58 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I would tell Texas, No and to go figure your chet out...... it probably wouldn't be too popular around here, but thats how I feel.

So that 133.4 Billion a year paid in Federal Taxes, isn’t to be spent on Texans.

Sweet send it to Another country for gender studies...

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: ndhunter] #8183655 02/25/21 03:59 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I know the Texas legislature is about to be in session. Many bills being introduced about out energy.

When they got to 5 minutes why didn’t they just shut down most grids. Opposed to going to zero and being without power for a month? Since the weather turned in a day?

Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: ndhunter] #8183659 02/25/21 04:04 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
This is all way out of my pay grade... i got a generator and a country boy can survive.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: redchevy] #8183668 02/25/21 04:16 PM
J
Jimbo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Originally Posted by redchevy
This is all way out of my pay grade... i got a generator and a country boy can survive.

If you have to depend on someone else you've already lost the battle!

Thursday at 12:45 PM
Once i learned that i didn't "NEED" to kill something, and that if i did kill something all the fun stopped and work began, i was a much better hunter.
Re: 4 minutes, 37 seconds [Re: ndhunter] #8183669 02/25/21 04:16 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Proposal: Put up as many windmills as they want but they can not use any fossil fuel using equipment or cut down any trees in the process. If they can accomplish this in the most transparent way I will believe what didn't happen but they say would have happened. Can you prove what didn't happen?

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide