THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Superduty
Placebo only.

Placebos only work in the mind. bolt

Funny thing about getting older:
Your eyesight starts getting weaker but your ability to
see through people's BS gets much better.
Re: Sorcery question [Re: Sniper.270] #8183320 02/25/21 04:25 AM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

That's a terrible argument. The entire story of the truth of Christianity is laid out throughout the Bible.

A few verses that mention people practicing magic doesn't mean the magic actually worked.

There are accounts throughout the Bible of people worshiping other "gods" does that mean they are real just because they were mentioned? [/quote]

Once again, you are mistaken I believe. There are numerous verses dealing with sorcery. There are examples of other sorcerers actually performing acts. Read Exodus 7-10:12. We read in Revelation where the anti christ can perform “miracles.”

Second, your definition of god is obviously off key. A god can be numerous things and not necessarily a “being.” Money is a classic example of a god. Any thing that is put before Yahweh, the one true God can be classified as a god.

I do not know or understand where you are getting the basis of you statements, but am curious if you care to explain.
[/quote]

My entire argument is based off the idea that just because sorcery is mentioned or even the phrase "performing acts" was used does not in anyway mean that these people were actually using real magic.

What definition of god did I offer? I'm not sure what you are getting at there. Yes, anything we put before God can be classified as an idol but there are also mentions of actual perceived beings who were worshiped yet obviously didn't actually exist.

Thus my argument that just because something is mentioned does not mean it actually existed, just that the there were people who believed it did.

Just because it is mentioned that people believed in sorcery and performed acts doesn't mean it actually was real magic.

Last edited by BradyBuck; 02/25/21 04:26 AM.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Sorcery question [Re: BradyBuck] #8183398 02/25/21 08:41 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
These are the main Greek gods you will find in Greek life.
Apollo
Ares
Dionysus
Hades
Hephaestus
Hermes
Poseidon
Zeus

I'm not making a joke with the above. Might be in Isaihah /spelling that god said he was a jealous god and wanted no other GODS before him. We don't know until we pass over what the real truth is. And that truth will set us free.

Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8183447 02/25/21 12:49 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Fake.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8183455 02/25/21 12:57 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
It must. Look what it did for Walt Disney. In all seriousness of course it can affect an outcome, once perception has become reality. People can say what they want about beliefs but if you believe them because of duress is it still real? Millions of flies think $h1t tastes good.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8183961 02/25/21 09:44 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Month Python Reference #3 Sorcerer.... roflmao

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8183999 02/25/21 10:22 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Absolutely believe in sorcery and witchcraft. How else would I have been so weak and ignernt to fall for some of the women I have. Spells I tell ya.....

On a more serious note....when I was living/going to school in Beeville in the late 80's/early 90's, there was a group of devil worshipers there that used to steal pets from people's yards and sacrifice them in a creek area near where I lived. I used to hunt birds, rabbits & squirrels in that creek and would sometimes find pentagrams/candles/animal parts/all sorts of stuff down there. I got a Basset Hound pup for my birthday, and we became best friends. Then one day he was gone from my yard. Won't go into a lot of details on that but yes, that creek is where he ended up. Ever wake up to go to school one morning when you are 13 yrs old to find your dog's decapitated head on the hood of your family's car?

I declared war on them from that day forward. I kept my actions secret, kept playing the drums in the church band 3-4 times a week....but many late nights I would sneak out of my window with a 22 rifle and a pocket full of ammo. I'd sneak down to that creek and look for the devil worshipers. My plan was to catch them down there in the act, and kill every single one of them for what they did. I would have too, but they disappeared from that creek area after they killed my dog and the police got involved.

Re: Sorcery question [Re: skinnerback] #8184061 02/25/21 11:33 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Absolutely believe in sorcery and witchcraft. How else would I have been so weak and ignernt to fall for some of the women I have. Spells I tell ya.....

On a more serious note....when I was living/going to school in Beeville in the late 80's/early 90's, there was a group of devil worshipers there that used to steal pets from people's yards and sacrifice them in a creek area near where I lived. I used to hunt birds, rabbits & squirrels in that creek and would sometimes find pentagrams/candles/animal parts/all sorts of stuff down there. I got a Basset Hound pup for my birthday, and we became best friends. Then one day he was gone from my yard. Won't go into a lot of details on that but yes, that creek is where he ended up. Ever wake up to go to school one morning when you are 13 yrs old to find your dog's decapitated head on the hood of your family's car?

I declared war on them from that day forward. I kept my actions secret, kept playing the drums in the church band 3-4 times a week....but many late nights I would sneak out of my window with a 22 rifle and a pocket full of ammo. I'd sneak down to that creek and look for the devil worshipers. My plan was to catch them down there in the act, and kill every single one of them for what they did. I would have too, but they disappeared from that creek area after they killed my dog and the police got involved.

Satanists are just plain loco x100000...
poor souls.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TCM3] #8184076 02/25/21 11:46 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by TCM3

Satanists are just plain loco x100000...
poor souls.

Worship whoever/whatever you want, just keep the ones I love out of it. I loved that dog. They killed him. They did more than kill him.

I would have had no remorse in setting things right with them. Plus, I was a juvenile and would be free by 18 anyway. Doing us all a favor in the process......

Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8184078 02/25/21 11:47 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Anyway.......HAPPY THOUGHTS! grin roflmao clap

Re: Sorcery question [Re: skinnerback] #8184094 02/25/21 11:59 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Anyway.......HAPPY THOUGHTS! grin roflmao clap

[Linked Image]

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8184099 02/26/21 12:01 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
grin

I used to enjoy watching him. I painted a lot too, trying to be like him. cheers

Maybe a little before your time though. grin

Re: Sorcery question [Re: skinnerback] #8184104 02/26/21 12:04 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
grin

I used to enjoy watching him. I painted a lot too, trying to be like him. cheers

most coloring books i received when i was younger got scribbles on a few pages. never liked coloring/paint.

Re: Sorcery question [Re: TCM3] #8184124 02/26/21 12:27 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by TCM3
grin

most coloring books i received when i was younger got scribbles on a few pages. never liked coloring/paint.

Man I loved it. Was never any good at drawing/painting people, but used to be pretty good with landscapes/water views etc. Won a few contests... Always wanted to be good at wildlife drawings, but it just wasn't meant to be I suppose. Others were way better than me.

To this day, I truly appreciate the work good wildlife artists put out. I've been around a lot of really expensive art work in my life, and IMO a lot of it is crap. Some is really good though, and I've bought a few nice pieces. My ex is the Deputy Director at the Rockport Center for the Arts. The Rockport Art Festival is always a big deal. I have been to a lot of high falootin' art shows where lots of really wealthy people congregate, get drunk, talk about and buy some really weird/really expensive art pieces. roflmao 5k,10k,15k, 20k, 25k, 30k, 50k for some of those "abstract" pieces....Mr Oil Field Redneck guy over here dressed up nice/trying not to talk too much & trying to figure out how in the WORLD people will drop that kinda money for what in IMO is crappy art work. All I was seeing was DEER LEASE money LOL.

Re: Sorcery question [Re: skinnerback] #8184134 02/26/21 12:36 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

[Linked Image]

Proverbs 2
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8184136 02/26/21 12:37 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
[Linked Image]

Proverbs 2
Re: Sorcery question [Re: Sniper.270] #8184153 02/26/21 12:53 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Sniper.270
[Linked Image]

He was my good friend, and the only one I had then. It made me very angry. smile

Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8184230 02/26/21 01:51 AM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
rofl The Boogie man is real.

Last edited by hook_n_line; 02/26/21 01:52 AM.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: Sorcery question [Re: hook_n_line] #8184345 02/26/21 03:24 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by hook_n_line
rofl The Boogie man is real.

He checks his closet for chuck Norris

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide