Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181214 02/23/21 03:04 PM
M
Mr. T. Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
M
I actually know an educated man who paid $5,000 to have a curse lifted from him that was from a Jamaican woman.
He was from Jamaica also.
I guess it's not if it is true, it is if you believe it is true.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181341 02/23/21 05:26 PM
TurkeyHunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Is the category of magic always associated with Satan or evil? Can it be associated with God or goodness?

To be determined
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181372 02/23/21 05:53 PM
B
BradyBuck Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
13 of you Jack wagons votes "yes"...

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181426 02/23/21 07:14 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter
Is the category of magic always associated with Satan or evil? Can it be associated with God or goodness?

Nope.

Proverbs 2
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181465 02/23/21 07:56 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
When people in Ephesus came to know Christ, they brought their magic books and publicly burned them as a sign that they were trading the dark power of sorcery for the holy power of the Spirit
Acts 19:19, Look it up.
In Revelation 21:8 those who practice black magic are warned of God’s judgment in no uncertain terms: “Those who practice magic arts . . . will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TCM3] #8181647 02/23/21 11:02 PM
TurkeyHunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TCM3
When people in Ephesus came to know Christ, they brought their magic books and publicly burned them as a sign that they were trading the dark power of sorcery for the holy power of the Spirit
In Revelation 21:8 those who practice black magic are warned of God’s judgment in no uncertain terms: “Those who practice magic arts . . . will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

Thanks for those Bible verses. Wouldn’t this be validation that sorcery actually works?

To be determined
Re: Sorcery question [Re: BradyBuck] #8181682 02/23/21 11:39 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by BradyBuck
13 of you Jack wagons votes "yes"...

In case it comes up I voted no

Re: Sorcery question [Re: ntxtrapper] #8181693 02/23/21 11:45 PM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
During my time as a Gang Sergeant in Fort Worth, I met a voodoo woman from Jamaica in the Avenue's, who would put a hex on anyone if you brought her 20 bucks, a live chicken and a bottle of rum. Everyone for blocks around was scared to death of her. The Latin Kings and Crips that lived there, literally ran away when she walked down the street.

lol, you aint seen nothing yet.

Last edited by Tin Head; 02/24/21 12:01 AM.

[Linked Image]
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181723 02/23/21 11:59 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Nope

Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181763 02/24/21 12:25 AM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Thanks for those Bible verses. Wouldn’t this be validation that sorcery actually works?

Elaborate a bit for my pea brain.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
(R-TX)
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181843 02/24/21 01:31 AM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I voted no but voodoo pu_ _ y is real. I have seen it put a hell of a hex on more than one man....

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181874 02/24/21 01:48 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

It very much “works.” The devils and his minions are extremely powerful. The devil is the prince of this earth. You mix that with humans who desire, delve, and worship this prince you can see it’s workings all around us.

However, these powers cannot be used against the saved or believers in Christ. The powers of satan have to be chosen and accepted. Now, if you will look around you will see how they try to influence and win new recruits. Television and movies sell it constantly and make it appear desirable. The sell it under the motto of, it’s just make believe, it’s just tv. It’s not.

Proverbs 2
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TCM3] #8181900 02/24/21 02:05 AM
TurkeyHunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

Does the Bible preach against things that are not real or do not exist? If the Bible preaches against such activities then they must be valid/real.

To be determined
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181906 02/24/21 02:08 AM
J
JRSUSMC94 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
Nah. Not particularly into religion or magic or any of it really.

Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181912 02/24/21 02:13 AM
B
BradyBuck Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

Does the Bible preach against things that are not real or do not exist? If the Bible preaches against such activities then they must be valid/real.

Valid and real are not the same. The Bible verses only prove that the idea of sorcery and magic was present at that time and there were people who tried to practice it. It doesn't in anyway mean that it actually worked.

Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181915 02/24/21 02:14 AM
S
Simple Searcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I knew someone that needed to borrow $2500 to have a hex removed. This seems to be part of the culture in some communities. Seeing signs for psychic, reader, spiritualist, tarot, or medium are common in some parts.
I went into a voodoo shop one time in New Orleans. I though I was some "off the beating path" souvenir shop. I milled around looking at all manner of spices, odd stuff in containers and hanging from the ceiling. It started feeling creepy and too real, I decided to move along.

[Linked Image]

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8181922 02/24/21 02:19 AM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
My magic 8 ball said NO

Re: Sorcery question [Re: BradyBuck] #8182120 02/24/21 05:19 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
.[/quote]

Valid and real are not the same. The Bible verses only prove that the idea of sorcery and magic was present at that time and there were people who tried to practice it. It doesn't in anyway mean that it actually worked. [/quote]

This makes no sense to me. Pretty much a play on semantics with the two words. This train of thought basically puts the entire Word of God to speculation. Well it talks about it, the idea existed, but doesn’t mean it happened. The Word of God is divine inspiration. The Bible talks about sorcery almost from the beginning to the end. It is listed right among many extreme sinful actions. It even says a sorcerer shall not be allowed to live.

When the anti christ comes out on earth he will be one of the greatest sorcerers ever. He will perform acts many will believe are divine and supernatural. Yet he will be evil. The secret arts are real, and they are from satan himself. That is not the question. The question is who can be impacted by them. Answer, those who open themselves up to these secret arts.

Proverbs 2
Re: Sorcery question [Re: BradyBuck] #8182151 02/24/21 07:03 AM
TurkeyHunter Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity

Valid and real are not the same. The Bible verses only prove that the idea of sorcery and magic was present at that time and there were people who tried to practice it. It doesn't in anyway mean that it actually worked.

The Bible verses only prove that the idea of Christianity was present at that time and there were people who tried to practice it. It doesn't in anyway mean that it actually worked.

A substitution was made in quoting you. This thread has taken an interesting turn in a direction I would have never thought about. I'm a Christian, believe in God given miracles as well as divine intervention. I've experienced them. But my philosophical nature tells me there would have to be an antithesis. Therefore, to believe in the power of prayer for example, one would also have to acknowledge the power of harnessing darkness.

To be determined
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8182225 02/24/21 01:03 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I changed my mind on Haints. Last night I dreamed that my daddy was still alive and a Haint talked him into building a 4 strand bob wor fence around a pasture, by bolting two 2X4s together. We came to a brushy area, and were debating if we should cut off the area or staple it wor to a sapling. I woke up to go to the John and returned still dreaming. I put Sis on the ground in a NASTRA trial. She pointed 3 bobwhites and won the trial. The Haint was wrong because Sis did not have papers. Only registered bird dogs are allowed to participate in NSTRA trials.

I later dreamed I was in bed with a beautiful blond and woke up. There was no way I could dream her back. I tried but just could not do it. I promise you that I am not making this up.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8182310 02/24/21 02:16 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

My opinion on that is, to the people of ephesus, magic and sorcery, was their god. It's What they're faith was in. and Exodus 20:3 clearly states, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me".

(R-TX)
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8182894 02/24/21 10:13 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Did somebody say voodoo?

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: Sorcery question [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8182935 02/24/21 10:40 PM
B
BradyBuck Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B

The Bible verses only prove that the idea of Christianity was present at that time and there were people who tried to practice it. It doesn't in anyway mean that it actually worked.

A substitution was made in quoting you. This thread has taken an interesting turn in a direction I would have never thought about. I'm a Christian, believe in God given miracles as well as divine intervention. I've experienced them. But my philosophical nature tells me there would have to be an antithesis. Therefore, to believe in the power of prayer for example, one would also have to acknowledge the power of harnessing darkness.

That's a terrible argument. The entire story of the truth of Christianity is laid out throughout the Bible.

A few verses that mention people practicing magic doesn't mean the magic actually worked.

There are accounts throughout the Bible of people worshiping other "gods" does that mean they are real just because they were mentioned?

Last edited by BradyBuck; 02/24/21 10:42 PM.

Re: Sorcery question [Re: BradyBuck] #8182957 02/24/21 10:57 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors

Go read that book

Re: Sorcery question [Re: BradyBuck] #8183153 02/25/21 02:13 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
[/quote]
That's a terrible argument. The entire story of the truth of Christianity is laid out throughout the Bible.

A few verses that mention people practicing magic doesn't mean the magic actually worked.

There are accounts throughout the Bible of people worshiping other "gods" does that mean they are real just because they were mentioned? [/quote]

Once again, you are mistaken I believe. There are numerous verses dealing with sorcery. There are examples of other sorcerers actually performing acts. Read Exodus 7-10:12. We read in Revelation where the anti christ can perform “miracles.”

Second, your definition of god is obviously off key. A god can be numerous things and not necessarily a “being.” Money is a classic example of a god. Any thing that is put before Yahweh, the one true God can be classified as a god.

I do not know or understand where you are getting the basis of you statements, but am curious if you care to explain.

Proverbs 2
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide