Forums46
Topics537,952
Posts9,731,041
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182337 02/24/21 02:30 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Then there is that one guy that knows how to fight, grow up with nothing, is a mental head case, is in best conditioning of his life and is just average D1 line size of 6’5 315, lets not forget his mental fortuide for overcoming physical adversity is extremely high also, because he dad probably beat the f out of him until he finally lost it and whoop [censored] out of his dad.

From my experience that's about 1-8 chance, y'all have fun poking that bear.

That is really specific Bobo LOL

But it's not. 350 million peeps in the US. Maybe roughly 2000 current D1 lineman, may sure you pick the right dough boy... lol

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: cbump] #8182339 02/24/21 02:33 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by cbump
Yeah there’s always an outlier in everything. But he didn’t say that. Blanket statement of “D1 lineman” means nothing.

Pick the one out at a bar is my point. Your odds are stacked against you compared to other big guys

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182345 02/24/21 02:37 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Bobo, "Then there is that one guy that knows how to fight, grow up with nothing, is a mental head case, is in best conditioning of his life and is just average D1 line size of 6’5 315, lets not forget his mental fortuide for overcoming physical adversity is extremely high also, because he dad probably beat the f out of him until he finally lost it and whoop [censored] out of his dad.

From my experience that's about 1-8 chance, y'all have fun poking that bear. I'm not saying every D1 lineman or LB is a badass, I'm just saying it's not your average Joe and not average demographics. Physical conditioning alone is a lot to over come, then add on that mental switch...something to think about."

Sorry if I wasn't more clear, I was speaking to more of exactly what Bobo has mentioned here and not an out of shape, D1 lineman, LB or DL; I was talking a top flight, in game shape football player as Bobo is. I've personally played with and known many, many over the years and couldn't fathom a 5'10", 180lb dude reversing one and slamming them. Sorry, I don't see it; like Bobo said, those guys are probably in the best physical condition, strengthwise of any athletes..Again, I'm not talking about an OU walk-on WR that primarily holds snaps for the kicker as was the case with this guy but more a dude, 6'3, 300lbs, runs a 4.9 40 and can bench 450. Show me that MMA dude tossing that and I'll be very impressed...

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8182347 02/24/21 02:37 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Yeah there’s always an outlier in everything. But he didn’t say that. Blanket statement of “D1 lineman” means nothing.

Pick the one out at a bar is my point. Your odds are stacked against you compared to other big guys

I still like the guy that’s been mma trained for 12 years over the guy that’s played football for 12. We know you’re bias. I just don’t think a hard life and being a d1 lineman means you can fight. Scrap? Yeah probably. Fight an mma fighter who knows actual techniques? I don’t buy It.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: DQ Kid] #8182355 02/24/21 02:45 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
If anyone thinks that guy takes down a 300lb. D1 lineman, I think they're highly delusional...

I think you would be surprised. MMA wasn’t really a thing when I was growing up. People just duked it out behind the ag barn. From what I have seen MMA is a game changer. People that are proficient at it can destroy someone who is not. Fighting and football aren’t the same thing. Heck I bet Amanda Nunes at 135 lbs could beat the crap out of a majority of the guys in the NFL.

My brother in law is into that MMA stuff. He is very muscular but only 5’5”. He used to work as a defensive tactics instructor for the prison system. I have seen videos where he has told six of his students to come at him at once with everything they have and he laid them all out. Frankly people that know that MMA stuff scare me.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Sewer rat] #8182374 02/24/21 02:58 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
If anyone thinks that guy takes down a 300lb. D1 lineman, I think they're highly delusional...

I think you would be surprised. MMA wasn’t really a thing when I was growing up. People just duked it out behind the ag barn. From what I have seen MMA is a game changer. People that are proficient at it can destroy someone who is not. Fighting and football aren’t the same thing. Heck I bet Amanda Nunes at 135 lbs could beat the crap out of a majority of the guys in the NFL.

My brother in law is into that MMA stuff. He is very muscular but only 5’5”. He used to work as a defensive tactics instructor for the prison system. I have seen videos where he has told six of his students to come at him at once with everything they have and he laid them all out. Frankly people that know that MMA stuff scare me.

Perhaps I would be; my only real issue with the whole incident is making the Spencer kid out to be a top flight D1 football player, he was a 4 year walk-on transfer from Liberty U. holding placekicks at OU. Big divide between him and the big studs playing ball on full scholarship at OU. That was really my point. As far as MMA whipping him, I don't know what preceded what was filmed but the guy probably had it coming to him. I do think MMA guy does stand some risk civilly, legally speaking as he punched the guy when down for 30 seconds or so, could see a jury in Oklahoma thinking it may have been a little excessive considering the threat appeared to be fully neutralized but time will tell on that one..

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182377 02/24/21 03:00 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Perhaps someone in the legal profession like NP could weigh in on MMA's possible civil fight that may be upcoming..

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: cbump] #8182379 02/24/21 03:01 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I still like the guy that’s been mma trained for 12 years over the guy that’s played football for 12. We know you’re bias. I just don’t think a hard life and being a d1 lineman means you can fight. Scrap? Yeah probably. Fight an mma fighter who knows actual techniques? I don’t buy It.

I’ve seen guys that had Olympic try outs in Wrestling W/ MMA background say same thing, get cocky then get on the mat, and they literally woke up in the hospital. It was pretty funny actually.

Your average guy at MMA gym, is an average Joe with average mind set and average physical ability, with above average training, that give him a huge leg up on an average to above average Joe

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182383 02/24/21 03:05 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
These threads almost always seem to go to the extreme. "I know a guy . . . .". Whatever. Most people out there do no know how to fight. Loud mouth soup kicks in and they can get themselves into trouble.

Risk avoidance should be highly considered, but critical thought loses its way.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Hudbone] #8182387 02/24/21 03:07 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Hudbone
These threads almost always seem to go to the extreme. "I know a guy . . . .". Whatever. Most people out there do no know how to fight. Loud mouth soup kicks in and they can get themselves into trouble.

Right and it can go the other way too, McGregor thought he was something in MMA and tried to cross over to boxing but Mayweather put a quick end to that too..

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: DQ Kid] #8182388 02/24/21 03:08 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Perhaps someone in the legal profession like NP could weigh in on MMA's possible civil fight that may be upcoming..

Really?

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: DQ Kid] #8182391 02/24/21 03:10 PM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Bobo, "Then there is that one guy that knows how to fight, grow up with nothing, is a mental head case, is in best conditioning of his life and is just average D1 line size of 6’5 315, lets not forget his mental fortuide for overcoming physical adversity is extremely high also, because he dad probably beat the f out of him until he finally lost it and whoop [censored] out of his dad.

From my experience that's about 1-8 chance, y'all have fun poking that bear. I'm not saying every D1 lineman or LB is a badass, I'm just saying it's not your average Joe and not average demographics. Physical conditioning alone is a lot to over come, then add on that mental switch...something to think about."

Sorry if I wasn't more clear, I was speaking to more of exactly what Bobo has mentioned here and not an out of shape, D1 lineman, LB or DL; I was talking a top flight, in game shape football player as Bobo is. I've personally played with and known many, many over the years and couldn't fathom a 5'10", 180lb dude reversing one and slamming them. Sorry, I don't see it; like Bobo said, those guys are probably in the best physical condition, strengthwise of any athletes..Again, I'm not talking about an OU walk-on WR that primarily holds snaps for the kicker as was the case with this guy but more a dude, 6'3, 300lbs, runs a 4.9 40 and can bench 450. Show me that MMA dude tossing that and I'll be very impressed...

There’s 3 former collegiate athletes at my gym. 1 OL, 1 SS, 1 wrestler, all D1 and all in great shape. Not to mention all the cops, firefighters, Texas Rangers, etc. The smallest of the professors is about 5’8” 180-190. 30 seconds, maybe is about any one of them can last. No doubt they are all much bigger and much stronger than him. The 180lb guy doesn’t need to pick him up and slam him, he knows how to use their weight against them. Go spend some time at a gym. You’ll see, it has nothing to do with strength, it’s leverage and position, it’s also a great workout physically and mentally. A bit like a puzzle, trying to think 2-3 steps ahead. Watch UFC 1,2,4,5 all great examples of what a 180lb guy can do with body weight and minimal effort.

Caveat- There is a big difference in skill between a purple belt (probably the majority of mma fighters, I would guess) and a black belt.

Last edited by 68A; 02/24/21 03:16 PM.
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: DQ Kid] #8182395 02/24/21 03:13 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Exactly. We all know a guy that knows a guy that is an outlier and can win a fight. But you’re right, the overwhelming majority of people don’t know how to really fight.

Dq kid, I haven’t paid much attention to this outside this thread, but I haven’t seen too many people acting like he destroyed a big time nfl ready football player. From what I’ve seen, right or wrong, most people in comments have mentioned the fact that he was a football player to point out the stereotype of football players thinking they are bad and trying to bully people. Again, not saying that’s an accurate stereotype or anything, just what I’ve read in comments on this incident.

Right and it can go the other way too, McGregor thought he was something in MMA and tried to cross over to boxing but Mayweather put a quick end to that too..

I was going to say that also. A legit mma guy... that’s his specialty. He’s not going to go beat a football player at the football player’s game, or a real boxer at his game, etc, and vice versa.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Hudbone] #8182405 02/24/21 03:22 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Really?

Yeah, really. The dude nearly lost an eye; I can nearly assure you that it will likely go to a civil action. They will look at video as to how long the guy was on top of him and punching, all. What may have been permissible 20 years ago prior to social media has greatly changed in case you hadn't heard Hud.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182410 02/24/21 03:29 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I was referring to whom you were hoping for input from.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182414 02/24/21 03:32 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Btw, the average college football player will typically beat the snot out of the average non-football playing college student.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182423 02/24/21 03:39 PM
H
huck18 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9JpeKKBScA

Skill, technique, training > Size and Strength, every time in a fight

In that video Roger Huerta is about 5'8", 170lbs, the UT football player is 6'+, 275lbs, he didn't stand a chance.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: DQ Kid] #8182430 02/24/21 03:48 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

I wouldn’t say mayweather put a quick end to it. Connor hung in there pretty long for going against a world champion boxer and having to play by the boxing rules. If it were MMA rules or a street fight I bet Mayweather wouldn’t have lasted the first round.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Sewer rat] #8182433 02/24/21 03:50 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

I wouldn’t say mayweather put a quick end to it. Connor hung in there pretty long for going against a world champion boxer and having to play by the boxing rules. If it were MMA rules or a street fight I bet Mayweather wouldn’t have lasted the first round.

He was game but it was McGregor that boasted how he could cross over to boxing, not Mayweather to MMA. You're right, Poirer is the one that recently took it to McGregor in MMA ring..

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: DQ Kid] #8182444 02/24/21 03:58 PM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N

Really?

Yeah, really. The dude nearly lost an eye; I can nearly assure you that it will likely go to a civil action. They will look at video as to how long the guy was on top of him and punching, all. What may have been permissible 20 years ago prior to social media has greatly changed in case you hadn't heard Hud.

If they get charged with 'Mutual Affray" any civil case probably goes out the window. I'm not a lawyer and don't know Oklahoma law, I did read about a lawsuit being dismissed due each party being charged with 'Mutual Affray', I did do a quick check Oklahoma does have a 'Mutual Affray' law.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: nsmike] #8182448 02/24/21 04:02 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
If he can sue the MMA then the little dude can sue the NCAA etc......Foolball players are finely tuned affaletes.... roflmao

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182453 02/24/21 04:05 PM
S
Stub Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Like Dandy Don Meridith famously told Howard Cossell on Monday night football a long time ago.

" It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog up

texas flag

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: DQ Kid] #8182458 02/24/21 04:06 PM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

He was game but it was McGregor that boasted how he could cross over to boxing, not Mayweather to MMA. You're right, Poirer is the one that recently took it to McGregor in MMA ring..

I’m not a Mcgregor fan. He is way too cocky. I don’t do MMA or anything like that so I don’t have a dog in this fight I’m just saying people that are proficient at it can whip pretty much most anyone who is not in a street fight.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182462 02/24/21 04:10 PM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
I always pulled for Popeye whenever him and Brutus locked horns...

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182469 02/24/21 04:16 PM
J
Jasb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
But he was a big bad football player, how did that happen?? Oh football teaches you zero about fighting, got what he had coming.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide