Forums46
Topics537,816
Posts9,729,469
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181810 02/24/21 01:03 AM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
OU took the big L on that one. Quite the whoopin’,

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181831 02/24/21 01:24 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Y'alls is conjuring memories I no longer want to confront. There are some benefits to duking it out, but most fights never ever should have taken place.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: scalebuster] #8181839 02/24/21 01:29 AM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by scalebuster
Don’t let the video fool you. Anyone can beat up a drunk. Reach and weight matter a lot. However I did have a friend growing up i traveled to rodeos with. He only weighed 175 At most. He was only about 5’10” with long arms for his height and hands as wide as mine. He had no front teeth. We called him toothless and ruthless. That was the toughest man I ever met. He wasn’t quiet at all and liked to pick a fight anywhere we went. “Hey, can I borrow your old lady tonight?” Was what he usually asked the biggest man in the bar, party, ect. We got into a lot of scraps together but never fought each other. It came close a few times.

I saw himwhip a man bragging about his kickboxing skills at a party.one night. Toothless had a tube in his side from a collapsed lung from being stepped on by a bull. He got kicked on that side right off the bat and that’s the last blow he took from the bragger. Kickboxer was out 20 seconds later.

Y’all missed out growing up in Odessa!

I grew up there. I din't miss much of the action. Have a few scars to prove it. Bars were pretty rough back in the 70's and 80's. It was fun times.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: 68A] #8181842 02/24/21 01:30 AM
P
PappawRock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by 68A
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Football player, yes. He was holder in extra points.

It looks like mma guy sucker punched the wrong guy. Player was talking shzt. His friend pushed mma guy and he hits wrong guy.

Roll, you're right. The push came from the guy on the side yet MMA guy sucker punched the guy in front of him. I agree, those guys were not big football players and MMA guy seemed to be looking for an opening IMO. I highly doubt MMA guy at 185 lbs. takes down a "true" D1, LB or DL or OL player in a straight up fight. Could be mistaken but he'd be giving up a ton in size and strength.

You are mistaken. I roll with guys that outweigh me by 75 lbs multiple times a week. If someone knows what they’re doing, size, strength and weight aren’t an issue. Technique and using their own momentum against them will win 99% of the time. The guy has some level of experience, he took it to the ground, kept his weight on top of him and got his hooks in as soon as the guy gave up his back.

*See 'Royce Gracie'* for supporting evidence...

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181855 02/24/21 01:37 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Guy was already bleeding so to hell with all the rules from that point forward, every man for himself and to hell with the outcome. Dude in the blue jacket got what he deserved,,

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: scalebuster] #8181891 02/24/21 01:59 AM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted by scalebuster
Don’t let the video fool you. Anyone can beat up a drunk. Reach and weight matter a lot. However I did have a friend growing up i traveled to rodeos with. He only weighed 175 At most. He was only about 5’10” with long arms for his height and hands as wide as mine. He had no front teeth. We called him toothless and ruthless. That was the toughest man I ever met. He wasn’t quiet at all and liked to pick a fight anywhere we went. “Hey, can I borrow your old lady tonight?” Was what he usually asked the biggest man in the bar, party, ect. We got into a lot of scraps together but never fought each other. It came close a few times.

I saw himwhip a man bragging about his kickboxing skills at a party.one night. Toothless had a tube in his side from a collapsed lung from being stepped on by a bull. He got kicked on that side right off the bat and that’s the last blow he took from the bragger. Kickboxer was out 20 seconds later.

Y’all missed out growing up in Odessa!

As an ex bullrider Ive been to Odessa a few times I think the place was called Dos Amigos. One of my buddies was a heck of a fighter when he was drunk or sober. We were at a bullriding in Del Rio and crossed into Mexico and I had to get him out of Mexican Jail. He would fight anywhere. hammer

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: skinnerback] #8181936 02/24/21 02:30 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by skinnerback
No sucker punch in that video lol. A sucker punch comes when someone is turned away, not squared up.

Agree

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: 68A] #8181939 02/24/21 02:33 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 68A

It looks like mma guy sucker punched the wrong guy. Player was talking shzt. His friend pushed mma guy and he hits wrong guy.

Roll, you're right. The push came from the guy on the side yet MMA guy sucker punched the guy in front of him. I agree, those guys were not big football players and MMA guy seemed to be looking for an opening IMO. I highly doubt MMA guy at 185 lbs. takes down a "true" D1, LB or DL or OL player in a straight up fight. Could be mistaken but he'd be giving up a ton in size and strength.

You are mistaken. I roll with guys that outweigh me by 75 lbs multiple times a week. If someone knows what they’re doing, size, strength and weight aren’t an issue. Technique and using their own momentum against them will win 99% of the time. The guy has some level of experience, he took it to the ground, kept his weight on top of him and got his hooks in as soon as the guy gave up his back.

Yep. D1 lineman means nothing if you aren’t trained to fight. What would he do, block the guy? Lol

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: cbump] #8181946 02/24/21 02:40 AM
H
Huntmaster Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Where were the knives? The old days.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182056 02/24/21 04:02 AM
N
nsmike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I noticed the story made it into the Australian news. He's now known internationally for getting his butt kicked!

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: ducknbass] #8182080 02/24/21 04:31 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass
The real question is how many people see this video and they're closing their eyes picturing themselves beating up the high school quarterback that used to pick on them at school.

I remember my high school quarterback class of 1983. He had no tolerance for bullying or picking on people. I believe it started with the coach. Both the football team and band were state champions. I cannot remember any of the football team picking on band members ever. Band members were always supportive and cheering them on to victory.

Usually the bullying I saw was from another set of people.

To be determined
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182092 02/24/21 04:41 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
They won’t ever live that thrashing down, they will both forever be known as “That Guy” roflmao

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182157 02/24/21 08:32 AM
S
Sewer rat Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
The football player that got stomped is suing the curly headed guy. He dang near lost an eye and had to have surgery. The curly headed guy has been going MMA since he was twelve and coaches youth wrestling. Seems like a good guy working two jobs putting himself through school. There is a go fund me for his legal defense it already has 15k. Football dude got what he deserved in my eyes. Don’t ever mess with someone with cauliflower ears.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182160 02/24/21 08:56 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by KRoyal
There is always someone bigger than you or more talented than you.

College football player needs surgery ‘after bar brawl with trained MMA fighter’

Mute the video, dudes commentary is remedial

That's me stepping over the fighters without spilling my drink........
rofl

I thought it was the funniest part

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Sewer rat] #8182161 02/24/21 09:00 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by Sewer rat
The football player that got stomped is suing the curly headed guy. He dang near lost an eye and had to have surgery. The curly headed guy has been going MMA since he was twelve and coaches youth wrestling. Seems like a good guy working two jobs putting himself through school. There is a go fund me for his legal defense it already has 15k. Football dude got what he deserved in my eyes. Don’t ever mess with someone with cauliflower ears.

Typical American BS, pick a fight, get butt kicked, sue the guy that kicked your rear.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182192 02/24/21 12:22 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
If that’s a sucker punch then what is protocol for handing out a non-sucker punch?

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182217 02/24/21 12:53 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Agree no sucker punch! Also that smaller guys first punch did not appear to have much behind, surprised it fazed the bigger guy ?

Does getting the back of your head cracked by a big metal flashlight by a bouncer count as a sucker punch, asking for a friend nuts

As most on here that are over 60 we started fighting at a very early age until whenever the last one happened.
My son has never been in a fight and listening to him through out school, I may have only heard of him telling me about a handful of fights.

Their use to be more Cat fights with the gals in our school then todays youth.

texas flag

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Stub] #8182223 02/24/21 01:02 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Stub

As most on here that are over 60 we started fighting at a very early age until whenever the last one happened.

Used to be how things were sorted out and loudmouths were put in check. All in all people were far more civil and respectful back then IMO.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Judd] #8182224 02/24/21 01:02 PM
B
barndoor Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
The end of the video trout that guy in the blue jacket won’t be seeing for a while, his face was getting HAMMERED clap

I saw a report that he had eye surgery yesterday.

The guy that needed the eye surgery (Spencer) was actually the other guy not the guy being pounded at the end of video. There will be charges filed because the MMA fighter assaulted the wrong guy. The guy that he initially started throwing blows at wasn’t the same guy that pushed him. Yes, I know he was talking chit. Spencer’s friend actually pushed him ( the guy in the blue jacket getting pounded at the end). It’s a shame no one attempted to break the fight up. Just watched and recorded.

Last edited by barndoor; 02/24/21 01:28 PM.
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: barndoor] #8182246 02/24/21 01:29 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy OP
Texoma Legend
OP Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by barndoor
Originally Posted by Judd
Originally Posted by Ol Thumper
The end of the video trout that guy in the blue jacket won’t be seeing for a while, his face was getting HAMMERED clap

I saw a report that he had eye surgery yesterday.

The guy that needed the eye surgery (Spencer) was actually the other guy not the guy being pounded at the end of video. There will be charges filed because the mma fighter assaulted the wrong guy. He started punching a guy that didn’t push him. Yes, he was talking chit. Spencer’s friend actually pushed him ( the guy in the blue jacket getting pounded at the end) It’s a shame no one attempted to break the fight up. Just watched and recorded.

Again the guy already had a bloody nose you can clearly see it in the video so he had already been assaulted. We don’t know what happened before the video began, but someone had already hit him. Don’t know who it was.

[Linked Image]

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182268 02/24/21 01:43 PM
Gringocazador Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I bounced a time or two. Cheap beer nights were the worst. I broke up two guys trying to fight, they were both bad drunk. I got them seperated and they quit going at it. Owner came up and said get them out of here. About that time time they both took a swing at each other, both landed a right hand square on the jaw of each other. Knocked each other out cold at the same time. They fell on the floor knocked out across each other. Could not have happened again in a million years. We dragged them out and left them in the parking lot.

Thanks, Billy
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Gringocazador] #8182285 02/24/21 01:54 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Gringocazador
I bounced a time or two. Cheap beer nights were the worst. I broke up two guys trying to fight, they were both bad drunk. I got them seperated and they quit going at it. Owner came up and said get them out of here. About that time time they both took a swing at each other, both landed a right hand square on the jaw of each other. Knocked each other out cold at the same time. They fell on the floor knocked out across each other. Could not have happened again in a million years. We dragged them out and left them in the parking lot.

roflmao At least you didn't hit your boss LOL. Buddy of mine at work one day got jumped by two big ol' boys, so I jumped in on his behalf trying to break it up. Boss man sees this and comes in a running. One of the troublemakers takes a swing at me (big & slow), I see it coming and dodge his punch. I countered with a big right handed hay maker and as soon as I'm about to make contact with ol' boys face my boss jumps in to break it up and my haymaker hits him right in the neck. He crumbles to the ground as the rest of us carry on with the mayhem until it finally gets broken up and the two troublemakers that started the whole thing get arrested and hauled off. Later that day, I get called into my boss's office and ordered to sit down. He was not happy with me, at all, chewed me out pretty good but let me keep my job. roflmao

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: cbump] #8182307 02/24/21 02:15 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by cbump
Originally Posted by 68A

Yep. D1 lineman means nothing if you aren’t trained to fight. What would he do, block the guy? Lol

Then there is that one guy that knows how to fight, grow up with nothing, is a mental head case, is in best conditioning of his life and is just average D1 line size of 6’5 315, lets not forget his mental fortuide for overcoming physical adversity is extremely high also, because he dad probably beat the f out of him until he finally lost it and whoop [censored] out of his dad.

From my experience that's about 1-8 chance, y'all have fun poking that bear. I'm not saying every D1 lineman or LB is a badass, I'm just saying it's not your average Joe and not average demographics. Physical conditioning alone is a lot to over come, then add on that mental switch...something to think about.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8182315 02/24/21 02:20 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy OP
Texoma Legend
OP Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

Then there is that one guy that knows how to fight, grow up with nothing, is a mental head case, is in best conditioning of his life and is just average D1 line size of 6’5 315, lets not forget his mental fortuide for overcoming physical adversity is extremely high also, because he dad probably beat the f out of him until he finally lost it and whoop [censored] out of his dad.

From my experience that's about 1-8 chance, y'all have fun poking that bear.

That is really specific Bobo LOL

[Linked Image]

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8182317 02/24/21 02:21 PM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Yeah there’s always an outlier in everything. But he didn’t say that. Blanket statement of “D1 lineman” means nothing.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide