Forums46
Topics537,815
Posts9,729,441
Members87,042
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181473 02/23/21 08:01 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by skinnerback
No sucker punch in that video lol. A sucker punch comes when someone is turned away, not squared up.

I didn't see one either. He faked with left hand and popped him with some rights.

Exactly. I’ve been sucker punched, several times, hard. That was a fair punch. When someone comes up from behind you, or from the side of you while you are talking to someone else and hits you. That’s a sucker punch.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181477 02/23/21 08:07 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

Buddy of mine got into it years ago with this little guy in a bar in Monroe, Louisiana.
He said the guy tried to apologize but he wouldn't hear it.
Said he finally shoved the little guy and all Hell broke loose.

He said "he hit me ten times before I could blink and had me down on the floor begging him not to hit me again."

The little guy turned out to be Golden Gloves Champ of LA.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181480 02/23/21 08:10 PM
B
BradyBuck Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Yes, small quick will beat big and slow. However, big, strong, quick and can take a punch....watch out.

Agree that the big talkers almost can never back it up.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: skinnerback] #8181482 02/23/21 08:16 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy OP
Texoma Legend
OP Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by KRoyal
No sucker punch in that video lol. A sucker punch comes when someone is turned away, not squared up.

I didn't see one either. He faked with left hand and popped him with some rights.

Exactly. I’ve been sucker punched, several times, hard. That was a fair punch. When someone comes up from behind you, or from the side of you while you are talking to someone else and hits you. That’s a sucker punch.

Same, I got sucker punched one time really hard. I knew the guy, years after the even we became friends again, but I swear he had a loaded fist but he swears he didn't. Anyway cracked my orbital bone, busted my sinus cavity up, my the white of my eye was red for months afterward. Had to go to emergency room and have a CT Scan done.

[Linked Image]

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181486 02/23/21 08:24 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Had no idea that I was the only person on the THF that has never been employed as a bouncer, never been an mma fighter and have to fight to the death every day growing up...

grin

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: DQ Kid] #8181487 02/23/21 08:26 PM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Football player, yes. He was holder in extra points.

It looks like mma guy sucker punched the wrong guy. Player was talking shzt. His friend pushed mma guy and he hits wrong guy.

Roll, you're right. The push came from the guy on the side yet MMA guy sucker punched the guy in front of him. I agree, those guys were not big football players and MMA guy seemed to be looking for an opening IMO. I highly doubt MMA guy at 185 lbs. takes down a "true" D1, LB or DL or OL player in a straight up fight. Could be mistaken but he'd be giving up a ton in size and strength.

You are mistaken. I roll with guys that outweigh me by 75 lbs multiple times a week. If someone knows what they’re doing, size, strength and weight aren’t an issue. Technique and using their own momentum against them will win 99% of the time. The guy has some level of experience, he took it to the ground, kept his weight on top of him and got his hooks in as soon as the guy gave up his back.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: reeltexan] #8181489 02/23/21 08:29 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by reeltexan

Buddy of mine got into it years ago with this little guy in a bar in Monroe, Louisiana.
He said the guy tried to apologize but he wouldn't hear it.
Said he finally shoved the little guy and all Hell broke loose.

He said "he hit me ten times before I could blink and had me down on the floor begging him not to hit me again."

The little guy turned out to be Golden Gloves Champ of LA.

Seen something similar one year on the beach one Spring Break in Port Aransas. Big party going on, hundreds of people. What looked like the biggest guy there (he really stood out) was talking to two hot chicks in bikinis. Some little guy was walking by and tripped, bumped into the big guys arm and he spilled his beer. Stocky little guy says man I’m sorry, let me go get you another beer. Big dude says “you’re gonna have to do better than that mofo” and shoves the little dude with both hands. Little dude goes flying and lands on his back. Big dude turns back around and continues talking to the girls. Little dude gets up, runs straight at the big dude and jumps on his back. Wrapped his legs around his waste, left arm around his neck, and beat the snot out of him with his right hand. He must of hit that guy 100 times. Dude was running all over the place, then fell to his knees getting hit the whole time. It was hilarious to watch because big boy kept trying to yell “get this mofo off me, get this mofo off me”, but he was getting punched in the mouth/nose/eyes the whole time so all you could hear was “whack whack whack whack whack” with him trying to talk. It took 3 guys to peel that little guy off of him. Ol boy’s face looked like the Elephant Man and bleeding like a stuck pig. That was it for that guy picking up any girls that day lol.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181500 02/23/21 08:43 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
I thought that video was going to be bad. I must’ve been hanging out in the wrong places the first 2/3 of my life.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: redchevy] #8181503 02/23/21 08:46 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by redchevy
Had no idea that I was the only person on the THF that has never been employed as a bouncer, never been an mma fighter and have to fight to the death every day growing up...

grin

LOLLOLLOLOLOL

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: skinnerback] #8181505 02/23/21 08:48 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Exactly. I’ve been sucker punched, several times, hard.

Please tell us it wasn't your sister.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: wp75169] #8181510 02/23/21 08:49 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by wp75169
I thought that video was going to be bad. I must’ve been hanging out in the wrong places the first 2/3 of my life.

Those biker bars around tawakoni look rough.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Hudbone] #8181512 02/23/21 08:51 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Exactly. I’ve been sucker punched, several times, hard.

Please tell us it wasn't your sister.

roflmao no.....but my ex wife caught me pretty good in the jaw one time during a little “lover’s spat”. She used to be big into kick boxing and hit like a man, I found out. roflmao

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: ducknbass] #8181516 02/23/21 08:54 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by wp75169

Those biker bars around tawakoni look rough.

They may or may not be, but that and the old Bobby’s in Terrell is the only scale I have to go by.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181519 02/23/21 08:57 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Members only

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181531 02/23/21 09:03 PM
J
Jgraider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
I guess I didn't realize there were actual rules when a fight breaks out. Get the first lick in, and make it count was my motto in my younger days but I never enjoyed fighting so I never started one. Just a wildasssed guess, but if it's anything like some the benchriding football "badassses" that I went to college with, they though if they were on the squad, even though they never stepped foot on the field, they were indeed badassses. I bet these OU boys got what they deserved.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181584 02/23/21 10:21 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Most youth have never really been in a fight. There is a lot of “posturing” and only smack talking. Especially if you’re under 30.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Roll-Tide] #8181594 02/23/21 10:27 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Most youth have never really been in a fight. There is a lot of “posturing” and only smack talking. Especially if you’re under 30.

My nephew has never been in a fight. He thinks we're strange. I swear his daddy fought daily. If not daily for sure weekly.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: ducknbass] #8181600 02/23/21 10:30 PM
W
wp75169 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W

My nephew has never been in a fight. He thinks we're strange. I swear his daddy fought daily. If not daily for sure weekly.

Its all the sensitivity training. Seriously, they’ve removed any sort of pride from our youth, and they’re not passionate about anything.

Of course there exceptions to everything.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: ducknbass] #8181603 02/23/21 10:32 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

My kids think I’m crazy that I saw a fight almost everyday. They have not seen 1 their entire life.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181625 02/23/21 10:47 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
I'm 58. I took my wife to my 35th HS Reunion. She didn't know me until I was 46. We had a great time at the reunion, she enjoyed meeting everyone from a time that she didn't know me. Most of the evening was her listening to my friends and I talk about old times. She asked me on the way home, "Did you and your friends not have anything other to do than to get into fist fights?" Maybe it was because most of our time was driving all over North Texas going to rodeo dances and hanging out on parking lots. Wichita Falls, Windthorst, Henrietta, all great dance hall/rodeo stops. No smack talking, just throwing hands so you didn't get hit first most of the time.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Roll-Tide] #8181633 02/23/21 10:51 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter

You're right. That's what I find so unbelievable about all this "getting in someone's face" and screaming at someone while they're inches away from each other. We never did that, if we were that close and that pissed we were throwing punches.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181658 02/23/21 11:13 PM
B
BigfootWallace Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I grew up knowing a guy from Stephenville that was a diesel mechanic and was big, about 6'4"245. He would always work on stuff with his shirt off and was ripped and didn't mind telling you. He won several local fight nights and as a kid I thought he was the baddest dude ever. Well in 2003 he entered the Toughman competition at Will Rogers in Fort Worth and my dad took me to watch it. He won the first round but was obliterated in the second. He got beat by a Marine Corps boxing champion if I remember right. Broke his nose and he was pretty messed up. Taught me at young age that no matter how tough you think you are, there's somebody tougher.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: Roll-Tide] #8181733 02/24/21 12:02 AM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B

My kids think I’m crazy that I saw a fight almost everyday. They have not seen 1 their entire life.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181736 02/24/21 12:03 AM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
In high school we had the unique combination of the toughest guy in school was also the smartest (book smart) . Went to West Point and played football.
Luckily he was a good friend.

Re: Big bad football players start stuff with the wrong guys [Re: KRoyal] #8181799 02/24/21 12:49 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Don’t let the video fool you. Anyone can beat up a drunk. Reach and weight matter a lot. However I did have a friend growing up i traveled to rodeos with. He only weighed 175 At most. He was only about 5’10” with long arms for his height and hands as wide as mine. He had no front teeth. We called him toothless and ruthless. That was the toughest man I ever met. He wasn’t quiet at all and liked to pick a fight anywhere we went. “Hey, can I borrow your old lady tonight?” Was what he usually asked the biggest man in the bar, party, ect. We got into a lot of scraps together but never fought each other. It came close a few times.

I saw himwhip a man bragging about his kickboxing skills at a party.one night. Toothless had a tube in his side from a collapsed lung from being stepped on by a bull. He got kicked on that side right off the bat and that’s the last blow he took from the bragger. Kickboxer was out 20 seconds later.

Y’all missed out growing up in Odessa!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide