Print Thread
entering your house without a warrant #8166261 02/12/21 11:58 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline OP
giddyup
OP Offline
giddyup
F

Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: fadetoblack64] #8166775 02/12/21 05:36 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
There goes any career in law enforcement. They'll have to have the military come in to handle that.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: fadetoblack64] #8167196 02/12/21 11:20 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Law and speculation are spun here for an attempt at sensationalism.

Proverbs 2
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: Sniper.270] #8167308 02/13/21 12:29 AM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline OP
giddyup
OP Offline
giddyup
F
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

Dude. That's not sensationalism..................the police lied and now its going to the supreme court.

Why don't you put me on ignore you judgemental jeebus freak.

Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: fadetoblack64] #8170469 02/15/21 04:40 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by fadetoblack64
Originally Posted by Sniper.270

Dude. That's not sensationalism..................the police lied and now its going to the supreme court.

Why don't you put me on ignore you judgemental jeebus freak.

It is obvious you have absolutely no understanding of the idea of judgmental. Either secularly or biblically. If you are going to use that excuse you should at least have an understanding of the concept. Not simply what you want it to be, which is your basic method of operation. Ha.

Not sure what a “jeebus freak” is, but since you are using it as a negative, it must be a good thing.

I stand by that this case is a non issue.

Ignore you! No way. I rely on you for the biggest laughs of the day.

Proverbs 2
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: fadetoblack64] #8172233 02/16/21 05:22 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I'm as much of a good ole boy as the next guy and a lot of my friends are cops so I hope they don't get too angry but let's think about this. Police storming into your house. Maybe if Trump is President there isn't much worry but what about a President Pelosi or Schumer having FEDS bust in YOUR door to grab YOUR guns.
Back in the days of the American Revolution Boston was occupied by the British Army. They routinely stopped people just walking down the street and searched them for any papers, etc. that might link them with the patriots. Same in searching homes. That is WHY the founding fathers put in the Fourth Amendment, so that wouldn't happen in America.
Okay so let's say there is some misfit with a mental problem who a neighbor says has firearms (or an ex-con). The police take the person's statement, go get a warrant from a judge. The warrant says they can search the house for firearms based on the sworn statement- I don't see why that is such an unreasonable thing. I say keep things as they have been for the last 240 plus years.

Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: fadetoblack64] #8177073 02/19/21 10:59 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Dave, Let's say there is no misfit with a mental problem, but merely someone with an axe to grind or a score to settle. Maybe even someone that wants nothing more than to confiscate guns. They call the police, many of whom are liberals and make a phony statement. The lib cops talk the statement to a lib judge who issues the warrant for the search. They confiscate the guns and then it is up to the owner of those weapons to prove his innocence (sanity) to get the guns back when it should be on the legal system to prove guilt, or incompetence in this case.

That is a bit scary and not out of the realm of possibility.

These laws and Red Flag laws are an invitation to confiscate guns with no recourse.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8177168 02/20/21 12:08 AM
pertnear Offline
"Demolition Man"
"Demolition Man"
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER
Dave, Let's say there is no misfit with a mental problem, but merely someone with an axe to grind or a score to settle. Maybe even someone that wants nothing more than to confiscate guns. They call the police, many of whom are liberals and make a phony statement. The lib cops talk the statement to a lib judge who issues the warrant for the search. They confiscate the guns and then it is up to the owner of those weapons to prove his innocence (sanity) to get the guns back when it should be on the legal system to prove guilt, or incompetence in this case.

These laws and Red Flag laws are an invitation to confiscate guns with no recourse.

+1 ...Exactly the way I see it.

"Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.” - George Orwell
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8177645 02/20/21 08:19 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Well said.

Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: fadetoblack64] #8178874 02/21/21 01:50 PM
L
Lazyjack Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Been said before... but I say it again.

After they take the guns, nothing to stop redistributing your food, clothes, medicines etc..
Look at what was done nationally with Covid restriction abuse.

All for the greater good

Most of us will never see it but our grand kids will.

If the 2nd amendment was written just to include guns for hunting, why is there not an amendment to protect fishing poles?
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: fadetoblack64] #8180254 02/22/21 05:09 PM
H
Hunt Dog Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
They call the police, many of whom are liberals and make a phony statement. The lib cops talk the stateme[b][/b]

I've known a bunch of LEOs in my life, local, State, Federal, and none of them would be described as liberal.

Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: Hunt Dog] #8180676 02/22/21 11:41 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Hunt Dog
They call the police, many of whom are liberals and make a phony statement. The lib cops talk the stateme[b][/b]

I've known a bunch of LEOs in my life, local, State, Federal, and none of them would be described as liberal.

How would you describe the police chief in Austin, Dallas, Houston or any major city in the US? Staunch conservative?

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8180781 02/23/21 01:32 AM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Hunt Dog

How would you describe the police chief in Austin, Dallas, Houston or any major city in the US? Staunch conservative?

Bingo.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: fadetoblack64] #8182272 02/24/21 01:45 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Another bingo.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: fadetoblack64] #8185715 02/27/21 04:35 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I have a lot of friends who are law enforcement, small town stuff and they are good guys and pro-gun. These folks have families too and want their families protected by the Constitution as much as the rest of us. I was reading something on the Texas rangers the other day. Apparently there was sort of a "Waco" situation in West Texas. Rather than Janet Reno and hundreds of FBI, tanks, etc. etc. ONE TEXAS RANGER went in and handled the whole thing. I lot of the stuff I see going on today seems like overkill.

Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: Dave Scott] #8186530 02/28/21 01:45 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Dave Scott
I have a lot of friends who are law enforcement, small town stuff and they are good guys and pro-gun. These folks have families too and want their families protected by the Constitution as much as the rest of us. I was reading something on the Texas rangers the other day. Apparently there was sort of a "Waco" situation in West Texas. Rather than Janet Reno and hundreds of FBI, tanks, etc. etc. ONE TEXAS RANGER went in and handled the whole thing. I lot of the stuff I see going on today seems like overkill.

Believe that was in Lubbock.

One riot, one Ranger.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: entering your house without a warrant [Re: Lazyjack] #8200692 03/12/21 08:21 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Lazyjack
Been said before... but I say it again.

After they take the guns, nothing to stop redistributing your food, clothes, medicines etc..
Look at what was done nationally with Covid restriction abuse.

All for the greater good

Most of us will never see it but our grand kids will.

We are already seeing it now.

Get a handle on "Civil Forfeiture" and how it is being used by law enforcement agencies to rob innocent private citizens. No trials, no proof of any wrongdoing, no charges need to be filed - just seizure of money/assets until you prove yourself innocent.

No, I am not exaggerating.

Marc

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide