Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Let me vent #8179101 02/21/21 04:53 PM
ShadTank Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
I know there was snow so there was bad road conditions so I couldn’t get the people there stuff and they couldn’t come to me but if u say u r going to buy something or say ill take it at least follow through what u do or have the courtesy to tell the person u dont want anymore or ur find i cheaper somewhere else or don’t show up where u wanted to meet or someone under cut ur price put yourself in the sellers shoes when u miss out on other people wanting the item the last couple of weeks have been ridiculous i should make a list of people but not worth starting something that isn’t worth it it’s all about respect which this world has grown away from

Re: Let me vent [Re: ShadTank] #8179120 02/21/21 05:07 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by ShadTank
I know there was snow so there was bad road conditions so I couldn’t get the people there stuff and they couldn’t come to me but if u say u r going to buy something or say ill take it at least follow through what u do or have the courtesy to tell the person u dont want anymore or ur find i cheaper somewhere else or don’t show up where u wanted to meet or someone under cut ur price put yourself in the sellers shoes when u miss out on other people wanting the item the last couple of weeks have been ridiculous i should make a list of people but not worth starting something that isn’t worth it it’s all about respect which this world has grown away from

I concur.

But, that's a two way street as well.

Have offered to buy things FTF on here for the asked price even, and in some cases, never even got a response. Maybe because of what you experiencing and described above. Maybe because someone hasn't been here for 10 years... ?

Whatever the case, all sides of a transaction and all participants here need to keep the honor of the Classifieds system here intact.

I know after being dismissed, or not even responded to on a sent PM, I wouldn't buy from those people if they cut their price in half. Just the way I am. Rudeness has no place when you respond respectfully to an ad posted.

If you don't want to sell it under the conditions you have in your ad, don't post it.

If you don't want to follow through when you say you'll do something about buying, then don't post you'll buy it.

Pretty simple actually. The more this stuff goes on, the less people will inclined to buy or sell here. flame

Re: Let me vent [Re: ShadTank] #8179121 02/21/21 05:07 PM
hawgbacon Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
We all have had our issues the past week or so. Lack of cell service was a big problem. Guns, ammo, trades etc take a back seat to taking care of family and for me livestock. You as a seller could reach out and check in with interested prospects. There’s more important things in life. Nobody cares that your deals fell apart. It’s about taking care of each other with the essentials when the chips are down. Best you remember that.

Coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. Just know that I don't give a eeffoc until I have had my coffee.
Re: Let me vent [Re: ShadTank] #8179193 02/21/21 06:15 PM
J
jimbob Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
This belongs in the bunker not here

Re: Let me vent [Re: ShadTank] #8179208 02/21/21 06:24 PM
ShadTank Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
I new certain people wouldn’t understand so i will just keep it to myself

Re: Let me vent [Re: ShadTank] #8179242 02/21/21 06:55 PM
1badmopar Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I agree with you ShadTank. If someone commits to a deal, on either side, they need to honor it. Character is simply that. Some have it and some do not. Life happens, but you can always respect the other side of the equation enough to let them know that you have to back out due to unforeseen circumstances (if they are real), or to try and work to an amenable back up plan. I am also surprised at how many people will try and PM a price to buy a SPF item away from someone else. I see that much too often when I am selling items, on this site and others. I always decline, and then wonder about that persons character to initiate that type of offer. Once I commit to the sell, there is not a price that could be offered that would have me walk away and sell to someone else. Nor would I ever ask that of someone else. But I must say 99% of the deals I have on here are smooth, drama free, transactions. I think it is light years better than most other boards for local sales.

I think the best course of action is to finalize a reasonable timeline for payment during the deal, if it is not met, then it goes back on the market without any hard feelings. I have also come to learn to not meet people at a place or time that is inconvenient for me. It will always bite you, there are simply too many flakes in the world. I suggest you meet them close to your home, and have them call you when they are close. That way worst case, you are not out your time and schedule.

I just bought another gun yesterday, and drove 1.5 hours south to the person's home to get it. They did not want to meet anywhere closer, and I did not blame them.

Just my .02

Last edited by 1badmopar; 02/21/21 07:02 PM.
Re: Let me vent [Re: ShadTank] #8179271 02/21/21 07:13 PM
ShadTank Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
Ella said that is what i am talking about

Re: Let me vent [Re: ShadTank] #8179279 02/21/21 07:26 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
popcorn

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: Let me vent [Re: ShadTank] #8179287 02/21/21 07:33 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ShadTank

This is the Trading Post.

Maybe you could buy some punctuation marks. smile

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Let me vent [Re: ShadTank] #8179297 02/21/21 07:43 PM
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
sooo, what was/is for sale?

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: Let me vent [Re: J.G.] #8179299 02/21/21 07:45 PM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

This is the Trading Post.

Maybe you could buy some punctuation marks. smile

roflmao

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide