Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Divorce/child support question #8178500 02/21/21 01:11 AM
603Country Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
No, not me. A former neighbor is getting a divorce. The marriage was her third or fourth, but his first. So, here’s the deal: she wanted a divorce, but suggested that if he formally adopted her teen daughters, it would save the marriage. He did adopt them and she still dumped him. The only reason that I can see that would have her do that bit of fancy footwork is to hit him with child support.

The question, which I don’t feel I should ask him, is will he now be responsible for child support even though they aren’t his natural children?

That woman is working her way through men, draining their money and dumping them.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178508 02/21/21 01:15 AM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I do believe he will. I used to work with a guy who went through same thing. He paid.
But this is definitely a situation to hire a lawyer.

Proverbs 2
Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178516 02/21/21 01:17 AM
oldoak2000 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
If he adopted them they are now legally 'his', same as blood children, heirship and all. That includes C.S.. He can fight for custody too, if need be.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178524 02/21/21 01:22 AM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
He gonna pay.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178527 02/21/21 01:23 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Yep, pay the woman....

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178543 02/21/21 01:34 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by 603Country
No, not me. A former neighbor is getting a divorce. The marriage was her third or fourth, but his first. So, here’s the deal: she wanted a divorce, but suggested that if he formally adopted her teen daughters, it would save the marriage. He did adopt them and she still dumped him. The only reason that I can see that would have her do that bit of fancy footwork is to hit him with child support.

The question, which I don’t feel I should ask him, is will he now be responsible for child support even though they aren’t his natural children?

That woman is working her way through men, draining their money and dumping them.

In a case like this, the answer is going to be totally dependent on the lawyers and the judge. It is not an automatic thing that makes him liable for CS just because he adopted them. He has an up hill battle ahead of him, but there are a lot of different factors that can come into play that may effect the court's decision. In other words, if he can sell his case that she is a gold digging whore and he was a loving/trusting first time married man trying to save his marriage that got suckered, he has a good chance of not being stuck with CS.

PS: It's cheaper to pay by the hour.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178545 02/21/21 01:36 AM
603Country Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
I was afraid of that - him having CS of kids that really aren’t his. He’s a great guy, but she’s a divorce pro. The poor guy never had a chance. He’s a trusting, hard working guy. This will ruin him.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178564 02/21/21 01:45 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
I was afraid of that - him having CS of kids that really aren’t his. He’s a great guy, but she’s a divorce pro. The poor guy never had a chance. He’s a trusting, hard working guy. This will ruin him.

Sir, I can sympathize with him. Sometimes the love & trust that we have for others, becomes our biggest enemy. That is why I try to keep my circle small now. I hope he gets out of this situation without being screwed, and I hope that the kids he adopted are paying attention and that he can still be a part of their lives if they want him to. Best wishes...

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178570 02/21/21 01:49 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
You came to the right place to get expert advice

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178575 02/21/21 01:53 AM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
Happens every time

I know two guys w the same deal

They all got stuck w years of child support shortly after.

Helluva deal

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178593 02/21/21 02:12 AM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Best definition I could find.

A succubus is a demon from Hell that occupies a female body. Succubi prey on emotionally weak men and steal their souls through sexual activity. They use the collected soul fragments to gain power and enslave more men. The four pillars of a succubus entity are Lust, Greed, Gluttony, and Selfishness.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178598 02/21/21 02:15 AM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Damn, he got screwed dry.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: ntxtrapper] #8178601 02/21/21 02:18 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper
Best definition I could find.

A succubus is a demon from Hell that occupies a female body. Succubi prey on emotionally weak men and steal their souls through sexual activity. They use the collected soul fragments to gain power and enslave more men. The four pillars of a succubus entity are Lust, Greed, Gluttony, and Selfishness.

clap salute

Actually, after giving this more thought, it starts to become more realistic. I was emotionally weak. It is not in my nature to be selfish, a glutton (maybe sometimes), definitely not greedy. My weakness is lust. I always lusted for the woman I loved and no one else though, it's a damn shame I keep marrying selfish demons. roflmao

Seriously though, OMG the things you learn AFTER you are married.

I'm gonna stop now because I'm drinking vodka tonight. Yall take care and wish you the best!

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178616 02/21/21 02:28 AM
J
jimbob Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
J
Similar situation. Mine divorced me just after college paid for on the youngest boy.
It bothered me some but they were good boys.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178617 02/21/21 02:29 AM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Where is/are the natural father(s)? Your friend has a complicated issue. This will cost him one way or the other. Has she made a demand for child support? Are there temporary orders in place requiring CS? Has she received CS in the past from the daughters natural father? How old are the teens? I feel for him.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178620 02/21/21 02:31 AM
D
DannyB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
This Dr. Phil crap is really making me ready for spring weather.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: DannyB] #8178623 02/21/21 02:34 AM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by DannyB
This Dr. Phil crap is really making me ready for spring weather.

bolt

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: skinnerback] #8178631 02/21/21 02:42 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by skinnerback

In a case like this, the answer is going to be totally dependent on the lawyers and the judge. It is not an automatic thing that makes him liable for CS just because he adopted them. He has an up hill battle ahead of him, but there are a lot of different factors that can come into play that may effect the court's decision. In other words, if he can sell his case that she is a gold digging whore and he was a loving/trusting first time married man trying to save his marriage that got suckered, he has a good chance of not being stuck with CS.

I do not provide specific legal advice on a public forum. But if I did, it wouldn’t resemble the above advice in any respect.

In general, the actions of a spouse are wholly irrelevant to one’s legal obligations to one’s children. That much I can say.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178633 02/21/21 02:45 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
roflmao I had a Great Uncle in Oklahoma that was a farmer. His farm sure was a great place for a kid to run around on foot & 3 wheelers, finding arrowheads & old coins was cool. He & his wife had 6 kids, apparently they didn't get along. At all... but kept things civil because of the kids. My Great Uncle told a few trusted family members "THE day my youngest child graduates from High School, I am out of here. I cannot stand this woman and her selfish ways".

Well, he wasn't kidding. THE day his youngest graduated from HS, he came home and packed a small number of things in his old truck and left. Never came back. Left the entire farm, all of the big tractors, grain bins, EVERYTHING to her. He was so sick and tired of his wife he didn't give a damn. We are talking about a big farm here. He was that miserable all of those years but stuck it out for the kids.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178645 02/21/21 02:58 AM
HuntingTexas Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
SSS bolt

I’m kidding. Geezzzzzzz.....

" In God We Trust "

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178651 02/21/21 03:06 AM
G
Giblett Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
Get the meanest, nasty divorce lawyer you can afford.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8178653 02/21/21 03:08 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

I do not provide specific legal advice on a public forum. But if I did, it wouldn’t resemble the above advice in any respect.

In general, the actions of a spouse are wholly irrelevant to one’s legal obligations to one’s children. That much I can say.

I know all about that, dealing with MY children and adultery, in court. Which is not the subject matter here.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Everything you just stated above is false. Stick with being a public domain attorney.

How many times in your life have YOU been in divorce court or custody battles?

I just financed a custody battle for my brother, similar but more WAY more complicated than the before mentioned. The court just ruled in HIS favor, because his case was solid and was presented before the court by a good attorney before a good Judge.

You just can't help but being snarky, and the smartest guy in the room. Can you....

Oh and BTW, have also been through the EXACT same thing as the OP with several work mates....but I don't know [censored]. You go ahead and educate everybody on the subject matter.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: skinnerback] #8178660 02/21/21 03:14 AM
D
DannyB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
roflmao I had a Great Uncle in Oklahoma that was a farmer. His farm sure was a great place for a kid to run around on foot & 3 wheelers, finding arrowheads & old coins was cool. He & his wife had 6 kids, apparently they didn't get along. At all... but kept things civil because of the kids. My Great Uncle told a few trusted family members "THE day my youngest child graduates from High School, I am out of here. I cannot stand this woman and her selfish ways".

Well, he wasn't kidding. THE day his youngest graduated from HS, he came home and packed a small number of things in his old truck and left. Never came back. Left the entire farm, all of the big tractors, grain bins, EVERYTHING to her. He was so sick and tired of his wife he didn't give a damn. We are talking about a big farm here. He was that miserable all of those years but stuck it out for the kids.

So I guess sex was out of the question a long time before departing................

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: DannyB] #8178663 02/21/21 03:19 AM
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by DannyB

So I guess sex was out of the question a long time before departing................

I'm guessing so. I was a boy LOL.

Re: Divorce/child support question [Re: 603Country] #8178668 02/21/21 03:28 AM
N
NORML as can be Offline
^^Cut the Cord^^
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
If I was a women I would be a MAGA rich, One.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide