Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8176826 02/19/21 08:07 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Lol, I forget WY has an actual superstag drawing, ya just meant essentially once in life time tag for a NR.

May not even been you and he was just watching outfitter, or generally wanted to see a big moose. I'd asked for his number and told him I’d text him once I'm on the ground. ..

I got stopped by same warden coming out of baffin three times in one day, I was stopping and fishing different spots on way back to boat ramp, He finally said “ sorry guys I'm a dumb A, ya’ll go on.”

I’m always cool as long as they are nice, minute it goes from license and safety(boating) to dumb investigation I get irritated. Like handing them your license and they then ask you how many deer you killed this year.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8176830 02/19/21 08:10 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I was fine with it. It was all just kinda weird. He was pretty much silent the whole time. No chitchat like you usually get.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8176905 02/19/21 08:50 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
I was fine with it. It was all just kinda weird. He was pretty much silent the whole time. No chitchat like you usually get.

he was probably hinting that he wanted you to ask him on a date to the malt shop in pagosa.....

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Western Hunting [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8176938 02/19/21 09:07 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Biscuit
Originally Posted by Blank
There are a lot of things that happen out in the field hunting anymore, and many are illegal, or unethical, or downright dangerous. Some you can try to eliminate by education, some things you really do need to make illegal. Flying with airplanes or drones, trail cameras (some real time with cell coverage), phones and radios, 1000+ rifle shots over your head, when you have worked two hours to get on a trophy, posses of people. Much of it ruins the reason that many of us go out there. here was just one tree on a waterhole in Arizona where I hunted this year. There were over 20 cameras here, in a 100 yard circle!!

[Linked Image]

This is unbelievable

That's nothing. That's just one tree

So I guess you essentially send a dick pick to 10-50 people every time you take a wiz hunting out west? Wow I would never have imagined stuff like that.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Western Hunting [Re: txtrophy85] #8176944 02/19/21 09:13 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

he was probably hinting that he wanted you to ask him on a date to the malt shop in pagosa.....

Lol maybe so but I’m not tuned into them vibes. muyloco

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8177139 02/19/21 11:49 PM
F
Fitzwho Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Wrote this article for a buddies website on building an application strategy.

https://www.korbinsarchery.com/ccms...e-west-building-an-application-strategy/

Permian_Skullworks on Instagram
Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8177255 02/20/21 01:04 AM
D
Dan S. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
Well, I live and hunt in California. For you that don't think liberals don't control the hunting just try us. The fish and game commission is appointed by the Governor so you can see where this is going. Rancher friend of mine got arrested for killing a Mountain Lion that was after his cattle. Didn't get the proper permit before he did it. Guess he should have waited for it to kill some more of his stock. Trying to get wolves back. Can't hunt bears with dogs anymore and I could go on and on but you get the idea. Of course, I know what you are thinking, we get what we got, but I'm in Northern California where the folks are real. I even put in for myself and my Daughter for the Texas special hunts each year as I think they are at least honest not like ours.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8177271 02/20/21 01:13 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
No doubt everyone knows CA is controlled by the liberals. I’m actually surprised there’s hunting of any kind allowed there. And I’m not being facetious.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: redchevy] #8177302 02/20/21 01:28 AM
S
Stickchunker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by redchevy
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Biscuit
Originally Posted by Blank
There are a lot of things that happen out in the field hunting anymore, and many are illegal, or unethical, or downright dangerous. Some you can try to eliminate by education, some things you really do need to make illegal. Flying with airplanes or drones, trail cameras (some real time with cell coverage), phones and radios, 1000+ rifle shots over your head, when you have worked two hours to get on a trophy, posses of people. Much of it ruins the reason that many of us go out there. here was just one tree on a waterhole in Arizona where I hunted this year. There were over 20 cameras here, in a 100 yard circle!!

[Linked Image]

This is unbelievable

That's nothing. That's just one tree

So I guess you essentially send a dick pick to 10-50 people every time you take a wiz hunting out west? Wow I would never have imagined stuff like that.

In AZ they claim it's not uncommon to see 30-50 trail cameras on ONE water hole....part of the reason AZ is trying to outlaw them, or atleast put a season on using them.

In these times , 'I'll keep my God , my freedom , my gun and my money. Anyone that supports this insanity can keep "THE CHANGE".
Re: Western Hunting [Re: Fitzwho] #8177323 02/20/21 01:37 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Fitzwho

Good article post it in public section and ask Sniper or Trex to sticky it

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8177727 02/20/21 01:41 PM
B
Biscuit Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
Online Shocked
THF Celebrity
B
Good information

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8177778 02/20/21 02:04 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I watch a show on one of the hunting channels that showed pictures of a water trough/hole with over 100 trail cams on that one location. What they were worried about was that the activity from putting out the cams and then daily checking the cams was keeping animals off of the water sources in the summer and early fall months.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8181511 02/23/21 08:51 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SapperTitan
I was reading comments on an Instagram page recently talking about outlawing game cameras in some western states especially during season. I was surprised when I read a ton of comments talking about all these guided outfits that have like 10 people with 1 hunter. Said they post up all over looking for big deer and communicate via radios. Many people said they can’t stand these groups and would rather see the radios outlawed than game cams bc it gives an unfair advantage. Is this really that common? Do guides send out a bunch of people to spot deer and then just call you over to take the shot? Never hunted out west so never been there to see it myself. From the comments it sounds like some are obviously worse about it than others. If it is common what’s your opinion on it? I can see where it would def give a DIYer much less of an advantage.

Its a crazy world....Easterner's think thats bs and Westerner's think southern rednecks hunting over a feeder is bs. Anti deer baiters think nothing of catching a limit of crappie with minnows
confused2

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Fitzwho] #8181557 02/23/21 09:40 PM
A
Always ready 2 hunt Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A

This is some helpful info

Re: Western Hunting [Re: stxranchman] #8182614 02/24/21 06:07 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by stxranchman
I watch a show on one of the hunting channels that showed pictures of a water trough/hole with over 100 trail cams on that one location. What they were worried about was that the activity from putting out the cams and then daily checking the cams was keeping animals off of the water sources in the summer and early fall months.

I can’t imagine wanting anything to do with any spot that has that much human activity. If I saw 2 cameras, I’d look elsewhere.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Sneaky] #8182626 02/24/21 06:17 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by stxranchman

I can’t imagine wanting anything to do with any spot that has that much human activity. If I saw 2 cameras, I’d look elsewhere.

The main issue addressed in that the show was the limited water sources in those areas. It was very sparse and everyone new the animals were concentrated on those few water sources. Hence 100's of cams on each source since there were very few of them. From what I remembered from that show was that every water source was covered up in cameras....that was the concern.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8182646 02/24/21 06:40 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Whats to keep the spotter from calling the outfitter wo will pay the most for given animal?

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8182660 02/24/21 06:48 PM
G
gusick Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
I thought radios were already illegal. If they are not, I'm surprised they are not more widely used. I've never seen that in the West, but I have with dog hunting in the South. The most guides I've seen with one hunter was eight. They were all pro guides, but they weren't being paid. I think they were friends and relatives.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: Wilhunt] #8182797 02/24/21 08:44 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Wilhunt
Whats to keep the spotter from calling the outfitter wo will pay the most for given animal?

That's why you will see 15 people glassing for one Hunter in high end one in a lifetime units or Gov tags

Re: Western Hunting [Re: gusick] #8182799 02/24/21 08:44 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by gusick
I thought radios were already illegal. If they are not, I'm surprised they are not more widely used. I've never seen that in the West, but I have with dog hunting in the South. The most guides I've seen with one hunter was eight. They were all pro guides, but they weren't being paid. I think they were friends and relatives.

Every state is different

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8182831 02/24/21 09:23 PM
F
Fitzwho Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
I believe Boone and Crockett also will not accept a trophy if electronic communication is used in the taking of the animal.

Electronic communication while hunting is prohibited in some states and commonplace in others, like Bobo said.

Permian_Skullworks on Instagram
Re: Western Hunting [Re: Fitzwho] #8183004 02/24/21 11:38 PM
T
txtrophy85 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I believe Boone and Crockett also will not accept a trophy if electronic communication is used in the taking of the animal.

Electronic communication while hunting is prohibited in some states and commonplace in others, like Bobo said.

Not that I would go in planning on using a team of spotters and walkie talkies but Boone & Crockett entry wouldn’t weigh much on my decision.

Maybe if it was a world record I would enter it but unless it was a significant specimen getting into the book doesent mean much to me or most other hunters I know.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8183015 02/24/21 11:52 PM
G
GusWayne Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
G
I don’t doubt it but I bet a team ain’t cheap

A semi wealthy friend of mine goes out west a few years ago (I don’t recall the state) to hunt a mountain lion

He hunts unsuccessfully for 5 or so days and comes home on a private plane

He told about the time wheels touched down in dfw he got a call saying his guide was on one

He said wheels up and flew straight back and got the cat that evening.

And that was then first time I had heard of such

$$$$

Re: Western Hunting [Re: SapperTitan] #8183438 02/25/21 12:35 PM
S
Sneaky Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
I think that’s fairly normal when hunting lions.

Re: Western Hunting [Re: GusWayne] #8183488 02/25/21 01:35 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by procraft05
I don’t doubt it but I bet a team ain’t cheap

A semi wealthy friend of mine goes out west a few years ago (I don’t recall the state) to hunt a mountain lion

He hunts unsuccessfully for 5 or so days and comes home on a private plane

He told about the time wheels touched down in dfw he got a call saying his guide was on one

He said wheels up and flew straight back and got the cat that evening.

And that was then first time I had heard of such

$$$$

That's normal, most the guides prefer to run tracks on snow verse dry ground, so when a fresh snow hits it's on.

I cut a fresh track on snow this year while hunting mule deer in Jan. Called my buddy, they came and ran the ridge and got the lion. They where there on an older track two days before, and never hit fresh scent.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide