Page 1 of 2 1 2
Alamo Precision.. #8175877 02/19/21 03:21 AM
T
T Bone Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I know some of you boys have an APR custom in the safe.. I’m curious, which model do you have & can you give me some feedback on your experience with them.. What kind of accuracy did you get?

I’m considering them for a 7/08 build..

Thanks guys/

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8175902 02/19/21 03:47 AM
S
scottfromdallas Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Buzz has bought a few. He might have actually kept one of them which says a lot.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8175960 02/19/21 05:54 AM
T
TAB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I have one, it’s a Curtis vector with a barrlien barrel. It’s first class and the Alamo guys are easy and open to talk with and I highly recommend them. My rifle will post a agg of about .270 for 5 groups of 5 shots and it’s mounted in a chassis which isn’t the best on a machine rest and rear bag style shooting.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8176096 02/19/21 01:16 PM
J
jeepercreeper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Dunno. I emailed them about a build but they never responded. Figured as much as they post on IG that surely they check email. I know they build a great rifle, Id suggest calling if you have the time.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: jeepercreeper] #8176213 02/19/21 02:32 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by jeepercreeper
Dunno. I emailed them about a build but they never responded. Figured as much as they post on IG that surely they check email. I know they build a great rifle, Id suggest calling if you have the time.

Buddy of mine called and left an "I'll take it message" on a rifle they had priced and listed on their "ready to ship rifles" last week....24 hours later he hadn't heard anything so he sent an email...to this day they still haven't called him.

Must be nice to have so much business you can piss off potential customers and turn down business. The good news is....he's just going to build one very similar, but it won't be Alamo doing it.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8176255 02/19/21 02:54 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
They just moved into a larger warehouse space for their machining equipment.

PM sent

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8176345 02/19/21 03:37 PM
R
reeder05 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
If you are within an hour or two of their new shop, go in person. At very least, call them. Emails, phhfffftt.

That being said, I ordered their cheapest model, the Maverick. Perfect little huntin gun for me. So far, it likes the cheap Hornady American Whitetail ammo, and shoots that better than any rifle I have in my safe. I followed their instructions on barrel break in (never done that before on any rifle). Took it home and cleaned the barrel, and it really came to life after the next 10-15 rounds.

If reloading components ever get back to semi-normal, I'll get a load worked up for it. Really serving the rifle an injustice shooting factory ammo.

Great guys at APR and they build a great product. Looking forward to my next one!!

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Wife has always wanted some Hard 8
Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: Judd] #8176367 02/19/21 03:47 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by reeder05
If you are within an hour or two of their new shop, go in person. At very least, call them. Emails, phhfffftt.

That being said, I ordered their cheapest model, the Maverick. Perfect little huntin gun for me. So far, it likes the cheap Hornady American Whitetail ammo, and shoots that better than any rifle I have in my safe. I followed their instructions on barrel break in (never done that before on any rifle). Took it home and cleaned the barrel, and it really came to life after the next 10-15 rounds.

If reloading components ever get back to semi-normal, I'll get a load worked up for it. Really serving the rifle an injustice shooting factory ammo.

Great guys at APR and they build a great product. Looking forward to my next one!!

See below

Originally Posted by Judd

Buddy of mine called and left an "I'll take it message" on a rifle they had priced and listed on their "ready to ship rifles" last week....24 hours later he hadn't heard anything so he sent an email...to this day they still haven't called him.

Must be nice to have so much business you can piss off potential customers and turn down business. The good news is....he's just going to build one very similar, but it won't be Alamo doing it.

They advertised it on instragam, he called with in 15 minutes and left a message, and sent an email. I was one that called him about it.

Even if they had sold it a minute later after posting it, I still can't believe they didn't call, email etc back and say “it's sold but we can build you one......” Unbelievable you have to track someone down to give them 3500 dollars.

I've shot APR rifles and have recommended them. Be hard now, Horizon and Beanland just lost competition.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8176473 02/19/21 04:28 PM
H
Huckleberry75 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Have Beanland build it and never have a worry.

Are you going to pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?
Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: Huckleberry75] #8176546 02/19/21 05:01 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
I’d like to have a Beanland Rifle

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8176555 02/19/21 05:08 PM
Shane431 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I've had Alamo Precision work on 3 rifles for me. I called them to discuss project, confirmed that they'd be open for drop off and in a few weeks got my rifles back as promised. They do a great job bedding rifles. I've never had an issue and one of the things I like is someone always answers the phone when I call. So I guess different experiences for different folks. But I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8176593 02/19/21 05:32 PM
S
Stick1 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
This is Robert from Alamo.I was just made aware of this post. First, I apologize if we dropped the communications ball with anyone. We try our best to make sure that doesn't happen. Please send me a PM with the gentleman's name and I'd be happy to reach out to him,or see if we tried unsuccessfully to get back with him at the least. (It happens more than you would think thanks to all of the spam calls now days, but we try to document our attempts)

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8176631 02/19/21 06:00 PM
R
reeder05 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

See below

They advertised it on instragam, he called with in 15 minutes and left a message, and sent an email. I was one that called him about it.

Even if they had sold it a minute later after posting it, I still can't believe they didn't call, email etc back and say “it's sold but we can build you one......” Unbelievable you have to track someone down to give them 3500 dollars.

I've shot APR rifles and have recommended them. Be hard now, Horizon and Beanland just lost competition.

Well dangit... Hate to hear that. I have had nothing but great service with them over my handful of dealing (1 rifle build, couple of small 'Smith jobs).

Best of luck to the OP. Whatever you build, and whoever builds, show that thing off when it is done!!

Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Wife has always wanted some Hard 8
Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8176659 02/19/21 06:31 PM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B

See below

I am the buddy mentioned above. I live 11.2 miles from their shop according to Google maps.. I don't have Instagram, so I called and left a message immediately after Bobo sent me the information on the rifle. ZERO response that day. That night I sent an e-mail. As of today, ZERO response. Don't know about you guys, but I'm not running down anyone to give them $3500+. Funny thing is, a friend and I are in the process of helping another friend out building a custom rifle for his son. I'm about to build a custom as well. This rifle would have been a good litmus test for us and potentially lead to several more rifle sales for them. I know of 5 kids in our group of hunting friends that in the near future will have rifles built for their kids. Maybe they need to build a bigger shop if they are turning away $20K+ in builds. I know they will never see a dime of my money now. My .02, and I really like supporting local businesses.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: BarneyWho] #8176702 02/19/21 07:08 PM
S
Stick1 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted by BarneyWho

See below

I am the buddy mentioned above. I live 11.2 miles from their shop according to Google maps.. I don't have Instagram, so I called and left a message immediately after Bobo sent me the information on the rifle. ZERO response that day. That night I sent an e-mail. As of today, ZERO response. Don't know about you guys, but I'm not running down anyone to give them $3500+. Funny thing is, a friend and I are in the process of helping another friend out building a custom rifle for his son. I'm about to build a custom as well. This rifle would have been a good litmus test for us and potentially lead to several more rifle sales for them. I know of 5 kids in our group of hunting friends that in the near future will have rifles built for their kids. Maybe they need to build a bigger shop if they are turning away $20K+ in builds. I know they will never see a dime of my money now. My .02, and I really like supporting local businesses.

Again, I apologize for no one reaching out to you or responding. I'm certainly not making excuses, but we had 2 employees out sick last week and were very short handed. This week............speaks for itself. We're still not officially open as half my employees are dealing with the mess this storm brought. Someone is trying to catch up on comms today and we will be open as normal tomorrow.

We are a relatively small, but very busy shop. We have two phone lines and two dedicated employees to answer those lines. It still takes between 30 mins to an hour for each build consult with a customer on a call. Both lines stay busy most of the day. If you are relatively close, it would be worth your time to drop in and see what we do and some of our work in person. I think you'll find our customer service and dedication to your project will meet your expectations. Of course, if a rifle is listed on the site for sale it is available for purchase right on the site without having to call.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8176795 02/19/21 07:55 PM
A
aggiehunter03 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
A
They're building me a 7-08 AI right now. Garrett has answered nearly every time I've called. I also stopped by in person and they took me in the back and showed me all the Ceracoat colors and stock options. I was in and out in 30-45 minutes. Furthermore, our current President is a terrific gun salesman so I'm sure business is insane right now.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: BarneyWho] #8177538 02/20/21 04:34 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

Why didn't you just buy it off website?

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8177545 02/20/21 04:38 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by T Bone
I know some of you boys have an APR custom in the safe.. I’m curious, which model do you have & can you give me some feedback on your experience with them.. What kind of accuracy did you get?

I’m considering them for a 7/08 build..

Thanks guys/

I have two APR builds...a 7-08 and 6.5 CM. I love both of them....shoot great, look great, function perfect. Plus they are some great guys to work with and they delivered a few weeks ahead of schedule. 7-08 is the Ranger and 6.5 is the Maverick.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8177548 02/20/21 04:40 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Some people prefer not doing internet deals. If i call you with $3,500 in my hand I should own an internet offer. JMO you run the business how you desire.

[Linked Image]
Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8177623 02/20/21 06:40 AM
duckhunter175 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
If you don't want to buy it over the internet then why not drive the 11 miles down the road and actually meet the owners and the builders?? Not quite sure how on one hand you're $3500 around and on the other hand you weren't even interested enough to handle the rifle (a very personal part of owning one) or meet the folks running the outfit that you are about to pay.

There is a reason Robert (Stick1) and Alamo have a cult-like following among the folks who have gone to them for work or full builds. It is the attention to detail in the builds and the experience and knowledge that back up their recommendations.

That being said- it isn't an excuse for their front office folks to miss an opportunity on new clients. I will say two things; First- having been in recently, they are facing an unprecedented volume of interest (walk-ins, calls, etc) Second- I would give them a chance, take the time to go by, meet them, see the shop, handle the various options they keep on the wall, I think it will be time well spent.

TO THE OP

When I moved to Texas in 2017 I had an issue with a custom rifle that wasn't feeding properly-- Alamo was the first place I went, they figured out the issue right then and got it running smooth as glass. Saving me a ton of time and money trying various followers, mag boxes, etc etc. That sold me and I've been back to them ever since.

As for accuracy- They've installed triggers and bedded several rifles for me, all shot exceedingly well with factory ammo. They have also built me 3 rifles-- a 22/250ai (now 22cm), a 6cm and a 338 RUM.

Every rifle they have built shot 1/2" or better with factory ammo or handloads that were in the middle of previously tested load data... the 338RUM ran factory ammo from 0-800y flawlessly starting with the first box of ammo.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8177801 02/20/21 02:19 PM
T
TAB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I’ve been in the shop about 4x now for work to be done on a rifle not built by them and my custom rig built by them. Never have been treated poorly or anything they are a excellent shop and group of people, they are busy with calls and people in the shop all day long.. excellent place to go visit in person.

I would buy online without any reservations on it from Alamo and go pick it up in person.
Also being under 50 miles is worth the drive.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: DocHorton] #8177894 02/20/21 03:17 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by DocHorton

Because it wasn't on the website. Just instagam

Why quote it if you aren't going to read it.

Humans drop balls it happens. I get it.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8178008 02/20/21 04:58 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by DocHorton

Because it wasn't on the website. Just instagam

Why quote it if you aren't going to read it.

Humans drop balls it happens. I get it.

Gotcha, I didn't read in anyone's post that it wasn't on the website....every time I see their guns on IG they are on the website unless it's presold.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: T Bone] #8178137 02/20/21 07:22 PM
K
Kevin1 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
I have never dealt with Alamo Precision. But when I see the owner come here to post and to apologize, as far as I’m concerned, I wouldn’t hesitate doing business with them.

Re: Alamo Precision.. [Re: Kevin1] #8178283 02/20/21 09:55 PM
T
T Bone Online Happy OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Kevin1
I have never dealt with Alamo Precision. But when I see the owner come here to post and to apologize, as far as I’m concerned, I wouldn’t hesitate doing business with them.

That, and some people I respect quite a bit have confirmed their level of service after the sale.

Thanks for all the feedback guys-

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide