ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by ducknbass
Originally Posted by Cajun Raider
Just read on the internet that Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys, is making "billions" off high demand by charging "Premium prices." He is very entitled to make whatever amount he can but is not like Mattress Mac of Houston who usually shows some empathy in disastrous times.

Is
Jerry doesn't set the price. He sends it to market, the market sets the price.

Why hate on Jerry? I dont like him one bit, but if the guy made money good for him.

Exactly. I wouldn't help the guy change a tire but the hate for his gas business is odd. Hate him for ruining the cowboys if you'd like though.

Last edited by ducknbass; 02/18/21 01:27 PM.
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: BbarVRanch] #8174649 02/18/21 02:26 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BbarVRanch
Originally Posted by Cajun Raider
Just read on the internet that Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys, is making "billions" off high demand by charging "Premium prices." He is very entitled to make whatever amount he can but is not like Mattress Mac of Houston who usually shows some empathy in disastrous times.

Yeah, Mattress Mac opened all his stores as warming shelters to anyone. He's even serving them hot food at his locations.

Anyone heard from Mark Cuban? bolt

+1 for Jim McIngvale. He's the real deal. JJ Watt got a lot of attention for his work from Harvey and deservedly so. But Mattress Mac has been helping the community in times of need before the Texans were a team.

Press [Linked Image] for an AMERICAN.
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8174694 02/18/21 03:08 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Cruz is in Cancun right now.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174704 02/18/21 03:14 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie

Lol what does that have to do with anything?

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: S.A. hunter] #8174722 02/18/21 03:29 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

People are talking about who’s doing what.

Well, he’s our damn senator and his state is in a major crisis right now. He needs to be doing his job and helping the people of his state. If you can’t see that’s a problem I can’t help you.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174731 02/18/21 03:32 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F

Well, he’s our damn senator and his state is in a major crisis right now. He needs to be doing his job and helping the people of his state. If you can’t see that’s a problem you are truly blind.

Is he gonna come fix a pipe??????

I think he can do whatever he is gonna do by phone etc...............I wouldn't come freeze in this chit to give a flowery speech.

And I don't even like Cruz
grin

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174749 02/18/21 03:51 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

Well, he’s our damn senator and his state is in a major crisis right now. He needs to be doing his job and helping the people of his state. If you can’t see that’s a problem I can’t help you.

If his compatriots in the legislature would not have needlessly taken up his time and energy with a worthless showboat of a trial, maybe the need to clear his head wouldn't have been prevalent.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Hudbone] #8174757 02/18/21 03:56 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by Hudbone

If his compatriots in the legislature would not have needlessly taken up his time and energy with a worthless showboat of a trial, maybe the need to clear his head wouldn't have been prevalent.

Wow. The cult is real. Blocks all rational thought. Resistance is futile. These are not the droids you are looking for.
crazy laugh

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8174768 02/18/21 04:04 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Earth to NP, Just because a post does not follow your leanings, does not make it irrational.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8174770 02/18/21 04:06 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Cruz has been radio silent since news of his trip broke and he just bought a ticket back for this afternoon. Apparently even he has a shame button many of the cultists do not.

He’s a tool. Always has been. Anyone regardless of political affiliation should readily be able to see that.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174773 02/18/21 04:07 PM
F
fadetoblack64 Offline
giddyup
giddyup
F
Cruz has been radio silent since news of his trip broke and he just bought a ticket back for this afternoon. Apparently even he has a shame button many of the cultists do not.

I would have stayed for another week and got paid for making a little speech or something.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8174778 02/18/21 04:11 PM
E
erathar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
What exactly is ANY politician going to do about a cold front or 2?

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174782 02/18/21 04:13 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Well, he’s our damn senator and his state is in a major crisis right now. He needs to be doing his job and helping the people of his state.

Cruz has been radio silent since news of his trip broke and he just bought a ticket back for this afternoon.

So now that he is coming home, does that make you repentant for your two posts above?

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8174788 02/18/21 04:16 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
NP sounds like my democrat sister in law. What in the heck is Cruz going to do right now to help Texans? Nothing because there isn't anything he can do at this point. I don't blame him for going to Cancun, I wish I was there.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8174792 02/18/21 04:19 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
I liked the earlier comment "Is he gonna come fix a pipe??????"
Right now the issue is best serves by our state elected officials. We only need federal assistance if they ask them.

Please refer to the Constitution
As Bill would say, "Go look it up"

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: decook] #8174795 02/18/21 04:21 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by decook
Well, he’s our damn senator and his state is in a major crisis right now. He needs to be doing his job and helping the people of his state.

Cruz has been radio silent since news of his trip broke and he just bought a ticket back for this afternoon.

So now that he is coming home, does that make you repentant for your two posts above?

Why would it? He did a chitty thing. He got caught. He backtracked because he’s a damn politician all the way through. All it does is show he’s at least able to recognize and idiotic political move better than some of the cultists who will defend him no matter what because he’s got an R by his name.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174798 02/18/21 04:22 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker

He’s a tool. Always has been. Anyone regardless of political affiliation should readily be able to see that.

That sand got way deep inside, didn't it? crying

LOL.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174802 02/18/21 04:24 PM
BbarVRanch Offline
Tracker
Tracker

Why would it? He did a chitty thing. He got caught. He backtracked because he’s a damn politician all the way through. All it does is show he’s at least able to recognize and idiotic political move better than some of the cultists who will defend him no matter what because he’s got an R by his name.

I bet you voted for Beto, didn't you?

Tell us all what super powers Beto would have wielded to save us all from the nasty winter storm?

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174813 02/18/21 04:28 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Just wow.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174815 02/18/21 04:29 PM
D
decook Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted by decook

I looked it up and didn't find anything. What did he do that was "chitty" and got caught? If you mean going to Cancun, then I'm done with this thread. If there's something else I missed I'll certainly look at it. I dont pledge loyalty to "R's" but I certainly am a "r". If you know what that means...

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8174816 02/18/21 04:29 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
No, Beto is pretty much a tool too. I don’t define my life and worldviews through the prism of politics.

FOX News is all over the story. Y’all may need to cancel your subscription. smile

[Linked Image]

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174821 02/18/21 04:32 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Let's start over here.

Originally Posted by ducknbass
My 2 cents

People have become way to dependant on the local/state/federal government.

There are 3 rights listed out on the bill of rights. Water electricity and gas are none of them.

I've got news for you guys. This world is an imperfect world run by imperfect men. Could some of this been avoided? Absolutely. But there is something our grandparents had that we do not. Self responsibility... I guarantee you my grandfather living in rural upshur county experienced days on end with no electricity which automatically put them out of water because they had their own well. I can remember when storms would come up them filling the sink, tubs and pots with water. When this happened grandpa still put his pants legs on one leg at a time got up and made sure grandma was warm in that house built around the turn of the century. All while getting up and working the steel mill as he was supposed to. Plants did not shut down for your life in those days. When it was all done he cranked up the saw fixed any busted pipes and kept living. No insurance no law suits. He sure wasn't on the phone screaming at some poor customer service rep or crying on the internet.

Some of that (dang sure not all of it) rubbed off on me. When I built my house I put a wood burning stove in it. I got liquid propane for furnace, stove and hot water heater. How many guys on here like the op are supposed to be older and wiser but think their salary's and 401k had bought them passed their parents troubles? Why on earth do you think men are perfect and when they fall short of perfect it will not effect you?

Have a little self respect and a little self responsibility for pete sake.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8174830 02/18/21 04:38 PM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Our power went out at 2 am Monday morning and came back on at 11 am Monday. Stayed on until 6 pm and went off again and stayed off for 48+ hours straight until 6:45 last night. Still on for now fingers crossed!!!!!

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8174838 02/18/21 04:42 PM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
No, Beto is pretty much a tool too. I don’t define my life and worldviews through the prism of politics.

FOX News is all over the story. Y’all may need to cancel your subscription. smile

[Linked Image]

Good for him. Probably more enjoyable than sitting in a cold boring house.

What was he supposed to stay here for?

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8174845 02/18/21 04:46 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
He can afford to do that he makes what we would get in a stimulus check a day in wages. flag

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide