texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
flashman252, Buschy, rustyc29, mlandon, AAFD
70006 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 110,473
bill oxner 91,415
SnakeWrangler 63,440
stxranchman 59,968
Gravytrain 46,800
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
BMD 41,232
Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics606,818
Posts11,288,379
Members85,006
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
Gas fireplace replacement #8174040 02/17/21 11:59 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,839
B
Biscuit Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,839
What are my options to replace this with something that burns wood ? I read the chimney isn’t adequate for most wood burning options. I also read a guy replaced his with a wood pellet option .


[Linked Image]

Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Biscuit] #8174447 02/18/21 06:31 AM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 20,058
B
BigPig Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 20,058
Is there a chimney or just a box on an exterior wall?


Wade Dews, REALTOR ®
Rendon Realty, LLC
Pointman Real Estate Team
www.RendonRealty.com
WadeDews@gmail.com
214-356-2410
VETERAN & LAW ENFORCEMENT OWNED & OPERATED

Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: BigPig] #8175814 02/19/21 02:31 AM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 54,830
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
Offline
kind of a big deal
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 54,830
Originally Posted by BigPig
Is there a chimney or just a box on an exterior wall?


I’m betting box with small vent and Electric on/off switch


Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Biscuit] #8175817 02/19/21 02:34 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,828
E
ETXFIREMAN 1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Offline
Extreme Tracker
E
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,828
http://www.leonardsstoneandfireplace.net/

Check with this company in Burleson. They’ve been super helpful answering our questions even while they’ve been closed due to weather.


Originally Posted by BMD
No doubt about the AR crap, just damn shame hunters don't have self control and knowledge


Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Biscuit] #8176263 02/19/21 02:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,711
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,711
if you have a conventional looking chimney you can use triple wall stainless pipe and do a fireplace insert stove, woodburner or pellet.

did a bunch in colorado before they made it illegal to install wood burners. just be sure the company installing knows what they are doing and make dam sure it is triple wall and not double.

I put one similar to this in my house in colorado, heated about 1,800sf very well. be sure you get one with fan forced air circulation, even if power goes out it will still move some air without the fan.

[Linked Image]



lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: hopalong] #8177273 02/20/21 01:13 AM
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 11,397
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
J
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 11,397
Originally Posted by hopalong
if you have a conventional looking chimney you can use triple wall stainless pipe and do a fireplace insert stove, woodburner or pellet.

did a bunch in colorado before they made it illegal to install wood burners. just be sure the company installing knows what they are doing and make dam sure it is triple wall and not double.

I put one similar to this in my house in colorado, heated about 1,800sf very well. be sure you get one with fan forced air circulation, even if power goes out it will still move some air without the fan.

[Linked Image]

I really like the looks of that.


FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Biscuit] #8177822 02/20/21 02:33 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,839
B
Biscuit Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,839
[Linked Image]

Here’s what comes out of the roof

Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Biscuit] #8177824 02/20/21 02:33 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,839
B
Biscuit Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,839

Here’s how it looks in the attic [Linked Image]

Last edited by Biscuit; 02/20/21 02:35 PM.
Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Biscuit] #8177831 02/20/21 02:36 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,839
B
Biscuit Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 17,839
What do you guys think , feasible to replace with a wood or pellet option?

Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Biscuit] #8177867 02/20/21 02:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,711
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,711
Originally Posted by Biscuit
What do you guys think , feasible to replace with a wood or pellet option?



yes with triple wall stainless piping you can, min. of 24" square metal for pipe pass thru to keep it away from wood in attic and roof.


get 3 bids min. and be sure you get a scope of work to be done describing materials and clearances.



lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Biscuit] #8177882 02/20/21 03:04 PM
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,598
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
P
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 11,598
Depending on the model you go with you may need to buildout a hearth too if there is a chance of embers hitting the floor.

Here's a site I've been looking at. You can read the installation guides and they'll tell you the details on framing clearances and flue reqs.

https://www.lopistoves.com/products/pellet-stoves/premium-steel-inserts/

Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Paluxy] #8177950 02/20/21 04:02 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,711
hopalong Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,711
Originally Posted by Paluxy
Depending on the model you go with you may need to buildout a hearth too if there is a chance of embers hitting the floor.

Here's a site I've been looking at. You can read the installation guides and they'll tell you the details on framing clearances and flue reqs.

https://www.lopistoves.com/products/pellet-stoves/premium-steel-inserts/

up



lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: Gas fireplace replacement [Re: Biscuit] #8178028 02/20/21 05:25 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,786
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
R
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,786

that thing looks great. bet it throws some heat too


[Linked Image]

“The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.”
― Andy Rooney
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3