Can't take credit saw TPACK's post last summer on how to make and it's so EZ and good.
Have the link? Looks great!
Go to herewww.amazingribs.com
Once on site search for bacon recipe and also read the section about curing meats very informative for your safety.
Curing salt is called Prage Powder #1 DO NOT SUBITUITE!! Got mine on Amazon.
Recipe for the one I made is simple and based on piece of pork belly approx. 3 lbs. Below is for 3lbs of pork belly.
1. 3/4 cup of distilled or boiled water
2. 6.5 tablespoons brown sugar
3. 6.5 tablespoons Morton's kosher salt (DO NOT use table salt)
4. 4.5 tablespoons course black pepper
5. 1 teaspoon Prague Powder #1. Read section for curing meats they have a calculator for measuring pork belly LxWxH. One teaspoon is close but not always.
6. Has to cure in fridge for 3-5 days sealed in plastic bag flipping each day.