Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: huntwest] #8172738 02/17/21 01:03 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by huntwest
Originally Posted by 7mag
Yep. Worthless POS. AbBott has called for an investigation won’t help much just one of those it will make Texas people feel like something is being done

No need to investigate. Look west no windmills turning and to much reliance on them.

I've read that wind turbine supply 25 to 30 percent of our power in TX when running at peak performance and I suspect that's pretty rare.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8172739 02/17/21 01:03 AM
L
LeonCarr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
We also need to quit selling Texas' electricity to every other state and Mexico too lazy or too regulated to make their own.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: HWY_MAN] #8172745 02/17/21 01:05 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by HWY_MAN
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by fishfree
SPP is declaring an Energy Emergency Alert (EEA) Level 3 effective immediately for our entire 14-state balancing authority area. Systemwide generating capacity has dropped below our current load of ~42 GW due to extremely low temperatures and inadequate supplies of natural gas.

SPP=southern power pool. from Breitbart news

Panhandle and a silver in ETX. Why we haven't built more NG power stations is unreal, especially in woodford shale and Ciffside field

Freaking Unreal, but they will put up turbines all over the place

We should have several gas fired plants here in the Permian Basin.
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
Buzz care to elaborate on why Ercot sucks?

im trying to keep my potty running between these rolling blackouts.

Frisco suks because they built so much crap, now they cant power it bang

Does Ercot produce electricity?

No but they operate the grid.

Okay, but if the power plants can't provide the energy they are supposed to whos at fault?

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8172747 02/17/21 01:08 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
My BIL is no fan of the unreliable wind, and the clouds block the sun, and it goes down every night, so solar is no better when it comes to reliability. He says they make his job a lot harder.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: ndhunter] #8172748 02/17/21 01:09 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ndhunter
Plenty of issues to go around, everyone should be able to find a reason to be outraged, pick your target.

The extreme cold is increasing energy demand at the same time the storm has reduced energy generation. FEMA officials said the lower energy output is due to a variety of factors, including icing on wind turbines and heavy cloud coverage that has reduced solar power generation.

What went wrong in Texas?

The extreme cold is increasing energy demand at the same time the storm has reduced energy generation. One of the major causes for the energy shortage has been the impact on natural gas, coal, and nuclear facilities.

Dan Woodfin, a senior director for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, told Bloomberg frozen instruments at natural gas, coal, and nuclear facilities and limited supplies of natural gas are the main reason for widespread energy shortages.

“We’ve had some issues with pretty much every kind of generating capacity in the course of this multi-day event,” he told Bloomberg.

https://www.abc27.com/news/what-went-wrong-with-the-energy-grid-in-texas/

Didn't watch the video but I notice the article didn't mention wind turbines being down or maybe I missed it.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8172749 02/17/21 01:10 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
With the way utilities are regulated, if they build it we pay for it, even if it sits idle until the next bad ice storm in 20 years.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: huntwest] #8172751 02/17/21 01:13 AM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by huntwest
Originally Posted by bill oxner
I have a fixed rate per KWH through October.

What does that have to do with blackouts and power grid loss?

Shhh. loser8

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: S.A. hunter] #8172759 02/17/21 01:20 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Okay, but if the power plants can't provide the energy they are supposed to whos at fault?

Well about 25 to 30 percent of our power is supplied by Wind Turbines. From the ranch I can see hundreds of them and not a one was operating and I'm hearing the same from other area's. Relying on a unreliable source is the problem and those who made that decision are at fault, in my opinion. We can easily produce more electricity than the state will ever need right here in the Permian Basin, trying to put a generation plant in is a whole different story, look how long it's been since the last refinery was built and put into operation. I wish TX would just tell the Fed's to go pound sand and do what we know needs to be done. NG fired Turbines are the way to go.

Last edited by HWY_MAN; 02/17/21 01:21 AM.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8172762 02/17/21 01:23 AM
glens Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
These Idiot DemoRats and Fossil Fuel debate , just look where at lot of the juice goes. To Yankees up North through Pipelines. This is an old map and probably more now. This is NG, [Linked Image]
and oil that way also.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: HWY_MAN] #8172764 02/17/21 01:24 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Well about 25 to 30 percent of our power is supplied by Wind Turbines. From the ranch I can see hundreds of them and not a one was operating and I'm hearing the same from other area's. Relying on a unreliable source is the problem and those who made that decision are at fault, in my opinion. We can easily produce more electricity than the state will ever need right here in the Permian Basin, trying to put a generation plant in is a whole different story, look how long it's been since the last refinery was built and put into operation. I wish TX would just tell the Fed's to go pound sand and do what we know needs to be done. NG fired Turbines are the way to go.

I'm with you there.

Power plants are having problems keeping up with production. They are having ice issues, but no one says chet about them.....

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Drop Tine] #8172773 02/17/21 01:32 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Drop Tine
[quote=TXGUNNER308]I have some friends that live in Allen off of Bethany Road...their service is TXU. They have not had any power interruption at all. Explain to me who decides on where and when shut offs occur. I'm with CoServ and my power is on for an hour and off for 30 minutes.

I'm with Coserv also and getting the same. My mother in Stephenville has TXU and has not lost power yet either!

Been with TXU for 30 years and wemve been with out power off and on for two days.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8172803 02/17/21 02:00 AM
P
Pope&Young Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
scratch wonder if the brass at both Ercot and Oncor have or are going to be without power in their homes?
I say loser8

[Linked Image]
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: S.A. hunter] #8172811 02/17/21 02:03 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

I'm with you there.

Power plants are having problems keeping up with production. They are having ice issues, but no one says chet about them.....

Ice issues in gas powered plants are almost always solved quickly, and things are back to normal in no time.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: skinnerback] #8172822 02/17/21 02:10 AM
S
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by skinnerback

I'm with you there.

Ice issues in gas powered plants are almost always solved quickly, and things are back to normal in no time.

I asked my BIL why the power plants couldn't keep up, this was his response.

Almost all that tripped had icing issues. Some equipment on the plant would freeze either giving wrong indications or failed to open a valve because it froze. Then this puts stress on other units to pick up the slack. They kept up for a while at the top of their limits until something broke. Thats when we stepped in and shed load to keep the remaining generation on by lowering their demand.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: LeonCarr] #8172826 02/17/21 02:20 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by LeonCarr
We also need to quit selling Texas' electricity to every other state and Mexico too lazy or too regulated to make their own.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

It doesn’t work like that. These are not state by state entities. It’s a huge grid crossing multiple states. Power companies are private enterprises and corporations. They may be regulated by the states but not controlled by them.

To be determined
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: HWY_MAN] #8172828 02/17/21 02:22 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

Absolutely agree 100%. I have worked in several NG powered plants in the Winter (including the Permian Basin), and EVERY deep water Oil & Gas Production Platform in the GOM is primarily powered by NG fed Solar Turbine Generators. Runs off the gas that comes straight out of Mother Earth. Have a lot of experience in this area. They are extremely efficient, and run extremely clean. ZERO harm to the environment, regardless of what these democrats and their propaganda machine feed the populace. Like I've said before on a different thread, "Green Energy" as a primary source and the regulations crammed down our throats in the name of "Climate Change" is not only ignorant, it's a full blown scam that is making a lot of politicians richer while hurting "We The People".

Prime example is what is happening RIGHT NOW.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8172839 02/17/21 02:31 AM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
There WAS a coal mine across the road from me. Did I bitch about "in my back yard?" -- No!! They were here before I was and were in front of me across the highway.

They were the best neighbors anyone could ask for. Now they are gone, along with the other coal mines in the area. They supplied coal to the power plant in Monticello and likely elsewhere. If they were still running there would likely be no outages.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8172945 02/17/21 04:04 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Originally Posted by reeltexan
Originally Posted by TXGUNNER308
I have some friends that live in Allen off of Bethany Road...their service is TXU. They have not had any power interruption at all. Explain to me who decides on where and when shut offs occur. I'm with CoServ and my power is on for an hour and off for 30 minutes.

BIL lives in Rowlett. No elec for two days, Next door neighbor's hasn't stopped for a minute.

figure that one out.

One is on a grid with an essential healthcare service and one is not. All I can think of....

Also, provider doesn’t have anything to do with infrastructure.

I think this is probably correct. I live just down the street from an elderly assisted living facility, about 3/4 mile from a large hospital and 3/4 mile from a Fire Station....we haven't lost power. Neighbor told me our grid covers those 3 so unlikely we will lose power.

I think it's kind of hard to blame our electric providers for not being able to supply everyone when this is a once in a lifetime cold spell. In DFW today it was 30 degrees below the normal low. Coldest day in 72 years. Hard to prepare for that....

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: skinnerback] #8172958 02/17/21 04:16 AM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S

Absolutely agree 100%. I have worked in several NG powered plants in the Winter (including the Permian Basin), and EVERY deep water Oil & Gas Production Platform in the GOM is primarily powered by NG fed Solar Turbine Generators. Runs off the gas that comes straight out of Mother Earth. Have a lot of experience in this area. They are extremely efficient, and run extremely clean. ZERO harm to the environment, regardless of what these democrats and their propaganda machine feed the populace. Like I've said before on a different thread, "Green Energy" as a primary source and the regulations crammed down our throats in the name of "Climate Change" is not only ignorant, it's a full blown scam that is making a lot of politicians richer while hurting "We The People".

Prime example is what is happening RIGHT NOW.

Time to build an electric plant to run off all that gas is being flared because of the lack of pipelines. The heck with undependable bird killing wind power. Of course electric plants do not go up overnight.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Buzzsaw] #8172959 02/17/21 04:18 AM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Stump_jumper] #8172963 02/17/21 04:22 AM
C
cliffordtye Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
C
I manage 15 oil leases around the Abilene area and I'm only able to sell gas off of two of them. Rest of its just burned off. We dont make a lot off of NG but it would be nice to get that $$

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8172969 02/17/21 04:31 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
[Linked Image]

your boy also predicted a cold dark winter

[Linked Image]
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8172972 02/17/21 04:36 AM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
[Linked Image]

Another great example of why we need sustainable/dependable/clean power generation resources that can handle loads that are not the norm. Green Energy can not do that, and never will. I hope everyone that hates fossil fuels freezes their asses off.

Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: Tin Head] #8172976 02/17/21 04:48 AM
Bee'z Offline
The Beedazzler
The Beedazzler
Originally Posted by Tin Head
[Linked Image]

your boy also predicted a cold dark winter

I too remember that being mentioned....

[Linked Image]
Re: ERCOT SUKS [Re: skinnerback] #8172978 02/17/21 04:51 AM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
[Linked Image]

Another great example of why we need sustainable/dependable/clean power generation resources that can handle loads that are not the norm. Green Energy can not do that, and never will. I hope everyone that hates fossil fuels freezes their asses off.

They are not. They are all in DC running their fuel oil heaters and sitting on their fat butts fighting each other about what to do next.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide