Re: Dr. Duck [Re: Eastxhuntr] #8167458 02/13/21 02:20 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Eastxhuntr
They even say they use different calls so try harder bill nye ^

Guess I've not watched that much video. But why would anyone pimp a call manufacturer and not run their call. Makes their word really good.

Re: Dr. Duck [Re: Eastxhuntr] #8167472 02/13/21 02:32 AM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
I heard they blow a DR-85 Haydel starters kit! roflmao

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Dr. Duck [Re: ducknbass] #8167487 02/13/21 02:45 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by ducknbass

Guess I've not watched that much video. But why would anyone pimp a call manufacturer and not run their call. Makes their word really good.

I'm not sure about that, but I'm a big fan of 737. I really like their calls.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Dr. Duck [Re: Eastxhuntr] #8167525 02/13/21 03:17 AM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
From what I’ve seen. Looks like they are barking through RNT Mondos.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Dr. Duck [Re: ducknbass] #8167926 02/13/21 03:15 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ducknbass

I've seen them say they use different calls also. 737 is a minor sponsor I think as they don't pimp them like other items.

Listen or watch anything he puts out....cannot find anything negative about it. I think this is about jealousy/haters.

Re: Dr. Duck [Re: Eastxhuntr] #8168620 02/14/21 12:16 AM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
saying who can kill more ducks is kind of a pissing contest.... lets be real shooting ducks is not overly difficult if you have the time and resources to scout. ya there are days they dont work or don't fly. but if you scout and are on the X then you'll kill ducks.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Dr. Duck [Re: Eastxhuntr] #8169315 02/14/21 03:44 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I like Dr duck as a whole. He is a hardcore hunter. He puts the time in scouting to be successful.
Now I don't like the fact that he sure looks to be controlled by money with sponsors.
Then as others said, putting his name on Chinese stuff. You can't necessarily complain about it because that's being a capitalist, but it's annoying.

He is absolutely not a Phil Robertson lite though, but I believe he is still good for the duck hunting world.

Re: Dr. Duck [Re: Eastxhuntr] #8169562 02/14/21 05:57 PM
E
Eastxhuntr Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
E
Nobody doggin his career moves “being controlled by money” would ever pass on the chance to be sponsored and a representative of Realtree. They are the Mecca

Re: Dr. Duck [Re: KWood_TSU] #8170140 02/15/21 12:10 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
I like Dr duck as a whole. He is a hardcore hunter. He puts the time in scouting to be successful.
Now I don't like the fact that he sure looks to be controlled by money with sponsors.
Then as others said, putting his name on Chinese stuff. You can't necessarily complain about it because that's being a capitalist, but it's annoying.

He is absolutely not a Phil Robertson lite though, but I believe he is still good for the duck hunting world.

That's pretty much my opinion. Close enough anyways

Re: Dr. Duck [Re: Eastxhuntr] #8170220 02/15/21 01:04 AM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
What kind of money do yall think he really makes just off hunting? Is it real money or just perks like free gear?

From my understanding he runs a hvac business and should live pretty comfortably off that.

Last edited by 2flyfish4; 02/15/21 01:08 AM.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Dr. Duck [Re: 2flyfish4] #8171762 02/16/21 04:17 AM
C
claypool Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Originally Posted by 2flyfish4
What kind of money do yall think he really makes just off hunting? Is it real money or just perks like free gear?

From my understanding he runs a hvac business and should live pretty comfortably off that.

Realtree pays them. In a season 2 podcast they tell you that they wore mossy oak stuff and got it free. At some point Realtree came to them and offered to pay em so they switched. Both Dr. Duck and his partner & friend the fowl hunter are damn good guys. Takes a sorry human being to falsely accuse someone of baiting. You start pointing fingers at people you need to be right. Sucks that guys that do a good job of promoting the sport we love in a manner most of us have to do in also have a target on their back.. I don’t know why folks get upset over others good fortune.

Re: Dr. Duck [Re: claypool] #8171817 02/16/21 06:03 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by claypool

Realtree pays them. In a season 2 podcast they tell you that they wore mossy oak stuff and got it free. At some point Realtree came to them and offered to pay em so they switched. Both Dr. Duck and his partner & friend the fowl hunter are damn good guys. Takes a sorry human being to falsely accuse someone of baiting. You start pointing fingers at people you need to be right. Sucks that guys that do a good job of promoting the sport we love in a manner most of us have to do in also have a target on their back.. I don’t know why folks get upset over others good fortune.

Dr duck was a sitka guy for a while, so that's why I figure he gets paid for it. It'd take a lot for a person to downgrade gear.

Re: Dr. Duck [Re: KWood_TSU] #8172702 02/17/21 12:33 AM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Originally Posted by claypool

Dr duck was a sitka guy for a while, so that's why I figure he gets paid for it. It'd take a lot for a person to downgrade gear.

Thats what I'm trying to figure out. How much money does it take to be owned by a hunting brand? I dont see him making 6 figures, id be suprised if it was over $50k. Just a guesstimate bc I have no idea but I would say its in the $15-$25k (cash) a year range. He may make more if you count free gear,, hunts and other non cash perk. He owns and runs a hvac company that should do pretty well so I don't see him wanting to owned for a few thousand dollars a month. Unless he is more interested in the fame portion of the business and likes being a social media influencer.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Dr. Duck [Re: 2flyfish4] #8172792 02/17/21 01:51 AM
C
claypool Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I guess just because a company pays you to use their products doesn’t make me think of said person being owned. It’s not like Realtree makes really crappy camo. I have lots of both, Realtree & Mossy Oak. Like em both just fine, but if one of em was willing to pay me, outstanding. Not to mention Realtree promotes his brand as well, which increases his income indirectly on top of what they pay him. Nothing wrong with making money. And most of my previous comment was geared toward how sorry it is to accuse a person of doing something illegal without having some substantial proof. Especially if done out jealousy.

Re: Dr. Duck [Re: Eastxhuntr] #8172829 02/17/21 02:22 AM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Yep, this thread has taken a turn from the op of him being cleared of allegations of him hunting over baited holes. Honestly could care less bc as far as I'm concerned there is no difference between throwing out a 50lb bag of corn and growing a "crop" of corn with the sole intention of flooding it and hunting it.

And maybe owned was to strong of a word. But just curious what kind of money these guys really make. I somewhat follow some of these other social media influencers like Bobby guy, lol. No offense to him but his house is a dump. He looks to have built a nice lodge to run hunts out of and I assume he will live in it in the offseason. I dont know,... I dont follow him enough to know all the ends and outs. He could have gone in with multiple partners to build that lodge and start his outfitting.

Some of the other guys are trust fund babies that live so far from reality that it is hard for me to follow them much.

Dr. Duck seems like a real genuine guy, kinda late to the game so to speak when it come to social media. Just curious what made him want to go down that path.

Last edited by 2flyfish4; 02/17/21 02:25 AM.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Dr. Duck [Re: Eastxhuntr] #8172845 02/17/21 02:34 AM
J
jnd59 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I suspect they make enough to cover most of the cost of their hunting trips and equipment but not much more. You get 100k subs and you start making $ depending on your production costs.
If you live cheap like the hunting public guys you can make a living at it but you better love.

No matter how high a duck flies a hammer still breaks a window.
Re: Dr. Duck [Re: 2flyfish4] #8173440 02/17/21 06:09 PM
C
claypool Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Yep, this thread has taken a turn from the op of him being cleared of allegations of him hunting over baited holes. Honestly could care less bc as far as I'm concerned there is no difference between throwing out a 50lb bag of corn and growing a "crop" of corn with the sole intention of flooding it and hunting it.

And maybe owned was to strong of a word. But just curious what kind of money these guys really make. I somewhat follow some of these other social media influencers like Bobby guy, lol. No offense to him but his house is a dump. He looks to have built a nice lodge to run hunts out of and I assume he will live in it in the offseason. I dont know,... I dont follow him enough to know all the ends and outs. He could have gone in with multiple partners to build that lodge and start his outfitting.

Some of the other guys are trust fund babies that live so far from reality that it is hard for me to follow them much.

Dr. Duck seems like a real genuine guy, kinda late to the game so to speak when it come to social media. Just curious what made him want to go down that path.

I have no idea what made him wanna go down the social media path but suspect it was his partner, Billy. He is or was some sort of digital marketer. Whatever they got going looks like it’s going well for them.

Re: Dr. Duck [Re: 2flyfish4] #8174806 02/18/21 04:26 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B

I think the house your referring to is his older house. It was sorta dumpy but his new home is on the same land he bought that had the 2 metal buildings, one which he turned into his lodge and the other his equipment building. New house is not dumpy at all....not a castle either but nice. Its just north of Hutchinson Kansas.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide