B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by Bullfrog
I'm going on record as saying all these toll roads was the biggest scam ever pulled on the metroplex.

Toll roads are 1 thing. This was an express lane.

Its the same thing here. Express means toll.

You pay for both, yes but only have a choice for the express lane. Look at 121 past grapevine, used to just be a road. Now you pay, or drive 25 miles out of the way.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8165808 02/12/21 12:28 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
This is crazy...

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: Guy] #8165816 02/12/21 12:34 AM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
That was hard to watch. angel

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8165825 02/12/21 12:36 AM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Wow!

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: Bullfrog] #8165830 02/12/21 12:39 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
I'm going on record as saying all these toll roads was the biggest scam ever pulled on the metroplex.

Toll roads are 1 thing. This was an express lane.

Its the same thing here. Express means toll.

You pay for both, yes but only have a choice for the express lane. Look at 121 past grapevine, used to just be a road. Now you pay, or drive 25 miles out of the way.

been telling yall for years, conspiracy theory of course, and most are a lot are owned by china and other foreign countries.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8165847 02/12/21 12:50 AM
Homer Jay Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by z71dustin
Originally Posted by Cochise
Warning - very graphic

About the 1 min mark is the FJ and FedEx truck. People need to slow the [censored] down. This is sad.

Damn.

I don't get why, with everyone coming and crashing behind them, people just sat inside their vehicles waiting to be hit.

It's probably more dangerous to exit your vehicle in a situation like that.

Absolutely. The safest place to be is in your vehicle. Unless it's on fire.

"Like a slice of fried gold!"
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: Homer Jay] #8165888 02/12/21 01:12 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
if I look up and see a truck coming, the OTHER side of the concrete border is where I’d rather be.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: Homer Jay] #8165890 02/12/21 01:12 AM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Homer Jay
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
Originally Posted by Cochise
Warning - very graphic

About the 1 min mark is the FJ and FedEx truck. People need to slow the [censored] down. This is sad.

Damn.

I don't get why, with everyone coming and crashing behind them, people just sat inside their vehicles waiting to be hit.

It's probably more dangerous to exit your vehicle in a situation like that.

Absolutely. The safest place to be is in your vehicle. Unless it's on fire.

In that situation I'm not so sure - especially if you can quickly exit and get across the barrier where traffic is obviously stopped.

In one of the videos you can see a guy pop up - he jumped out of his car seconds before one of the 18 wheelers hit because he saw it coming - his car was flattened and he would not have survived.

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: Bullfrog] #8165906 02/12/21 01:22 AM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
if I look up and see a truck coming, the OTHER side of the concrete border is where I’d rather be.

Yeah I'm the heck out of that vehicle mucho pronto.

Last edited by ducknbass; 02/12/21 01:22 AM.
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8165920 02/12/21 01:28 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Terrible incident.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8165944 02/12/21 01:42 AM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
133 vehicles total involved according to the local news.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8165946 02/12/21 01:43 AM
1955 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I think that if they can make laws against talking or texting while driving why not make it mandatory to reduce speeds when the situation warrants it? If they can post amber alerts, silver alerts, buckle up and numerous other messages why not slow down it’s the law or something like it on those electronic bill boards and enforce it. We pay a lot of tax dollars in this State and I don’t think that this is too much to ask. Yea it may be a pain in the [censored] to drive slower, but if it would save a life I’m all for it. I always said if you need to be some where sooner, leave earlier. Sorry for the rant, thanks 🙏 angel

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: 1955] #8165980 02/12/21 02:05 AM
T
Tin Head Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by 1955
I think that if they can make laws against talking or texting while driving why not make it mandatory to reduce speeds when the situation warrants it? If they can post amber alerts, silver alerts, buckle up and numerous other messages why not slow down it’s the law or something like it on those electronic bill boards and enforce it. We pay a lot of tax dollars in this State and I don’t think that this is too much to ask. Yea it may be a pain in the [censored] to drive slower, but if it would save a life I’m all for it. I always said if you need to be some where sooner, leave earlier. Sorry for the rant, thanks 🙏 angel
that thinking is why we are here to begin with . To many people need to be told what to do to save themselves. The "smarter" the cars and tech get the ignorant the worse the driving gets. You stop thinking until you drive a 50,000lb missile at 70MPH into the back of 100 cars in a ice storm because you were waiting for a buzzer to go off.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8165992 02/12/21 02:17 AM
nebo Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I am one of those $%%#@@$% truck drivers that y'all all hate so much. I have been driving, selling ,towing or working on them for over 50 years. We don't like being around you in your cars anymore than you like to be around our trucks. The big problem is we don't run, y'all don't survive. We have let the driver pool be filled with trainees and criminals( yes TDC is one of the biggest trainers in Texas). Go to jail and come out a truckdriver. The fine for us being caught using a cell phone is up to $4200 to the driver. Do the same for car drivers. I spend more time dodging cars than I do driving nowdays. This was a terrible accident but don't blame the truckdrivers. Most of these I have seen have the cause being some DA in a car not paying attention. I left east Texas this morning headed to Ft. Worth and after being stopped in I20 three times before getting near Canton.( All were cars in the ditches and wrecked on the road) I turned around and went home. Not worth it! You can't cure stupid but you can let them drive a car.

Mayor of Nebo , Texas this week
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8165994 02/12/21 02:19 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
So, so sad. angel

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8165999 02/12/21 02:24 AM
S
StephenB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Soon the cars will be smarter than the average driver and they will all be talking to each other in a networked system.

Then... the hackers and viruses will mess it all up.

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: Jimbo1] #8166199 02/12/21 05:37 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Jimbo1
Gotta think out of the box. How many Box trucks do you see stuck vs big rigs.

I had no idea big rigs getting stuck was such a massive problem that it would be better to put 3 times more drivers on the streets in box trucks. I'm sure all the drivers you find to operate them will be fantastic

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: Dustnsand] #8166207 02/12/21 06:04 AM
TKM Offline
Tracker
Tracker

I had no idea big rigs getting stuck was such a massive problem that it would be better to put 3 times more drivers on the streets in box trucks. I'm sure all the drivers you find to operate them will be fantastic

And if your load is 35ft-40ft long.........

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: TKM] #8166208 02/12/21 06:10 AM
D
Dustnsand Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by TKM

I guess you are just out of luck or will have to hire a helicopter.

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: Dustnsand] #8166213 02/12/21 06:36 AM
TKM Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted by TKM

I guess you are just out of luck or will have to hire a helicopter.

I'm agreeing with you.

Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8166221 02/12/21 07:27 AM
DeRico Offline
Mobius 1
Mobius 1
I’m surprised this didn’t happen down here in San Antonio, so many terrible drivers.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: decook] #8166222 02/12/21 07:34 AM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Some of what yall guys say is absolutely ridiculous, and I'm being kind when I say that.

First of all why would you want the FedEx driver to be charged? Everyone involved in that accident failed to avoid the accident..... but yet you want to place all blame on the big truck, a big truck that could possibly weigh 80k pounds, going down hill, while hitting black ice..... yeah that seems fair. Have any of yall gone down a hill with a full load on your back? If you haven't I'll tell what happens. You pick up speed, and if you can't brake you just continue to until you hit something or start to go back uphill.

I once was going 5 mph on a glazed road. I hit the breaks at the four way stop, and I just slid through the intersection and never slowed down, even though I was standing on the brakes.

The last thing we want is hurt someone, or ourselves for that matter. One bad day in a truck could also mean our job, or even our career

Then there's the whole speaking English comment, really? I guess none of the people that drove those 133 vehicles could read English...... come on man. The ignorance is unreal.

Lastly, the no big trucks in the city is about the most ridiculous thing, and again I'm being nice when I say that.... come on man your better then that.

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 02/12/21 07:36 AM.
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: S.A. hunter] #8166225 02/12/21 08:26 AM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Some of what yall guys say is absolutely ridiculous, and I'm being kind when I say that.

First of all why would you want the FedEx driver to be charged? Everyone involved in that accident failed to avoid the accident..... but yet you want to place all blame on the big truck, a big truck that could possibly weigh 80k pounds, going down hill, while hitting black ice..... yeah that seems fair. Have any of yall gone down a hill with a full load on your back? If you haven't I'll tell what happens. You pick up speed, and if you can't brake you just continue to until you hit something or start to go back uphill.

I once was going 5 mph on a glazed road. I hit the breaks at the four way stop, and I just slid through the intersection and never slowed down, even though I was standing on the brakes.

The last thing we want is hurt someone, or ourselves for that matter. One bad day in a truck could also mean our job, or even our career

Then there's the whole speaking English comment, really? I guess none of the people that drove those 133 vehicles could read English...... come on man. The ignorance is unreal.

Lastly, the no big trucks in the city is about the most ridiculous thing, and again I'm being nice when I say that.... come on man your better then that.

Same people who cried when there was no toilet paper in the stores a few months ago....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: SnakeWrangler] #8166251 02/12/21 11:33 AM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Same people who cried when there was no toilet paper in the stores a few months ago....

Yep.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Ft. Worth pileup [Re: nebo] #8166270 02/12/21 12:06 PM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by nebo
I am one of those $%%#@@$% truck drivers that y'all all hate so much. I have been driving, selling ,towing or working on them for over 50 years. We don't like being around you in your cars anymore than you like to be around our trucks. The big problem is we don't run, y'all don't survive. We have let the driver pool be filled with trainees and criminals( yes TDC is one of the biggest trainers in Texas). Go to jail and come out a truckdriver. The fine for us being caught using a cell phone is up to $4200 to the driver. Do the same for car drivers. I spend more time dodging cars than I do driving nowdays. This was a terrible accident but don't blame the truckdrivers. Most of these I have seen have the cause being some DA in a car not paying attention. I left east Texas this morning headed to Ft. Worth and after being stopped in I20 three times before getting near Canton.( All were cars in the ditches and wrecked on the road) I turned around and went home. Not worth it! You can't cure stupid but you can let them drive a car.

Biggest problem I see in bad weather are those who are overly cautious or out right scared, they impede traffic and create serious problems. They'll slam on the brakes in a heartbeat creating a chain reaction of responses. Out here in West Texas we have some serious problems with big rigs but it's not the ones hauling local or cross country, it's the oilfield rigs. Many of these folks are running 24 hours a day and chemically charged, this is wide open country and they still mangle a few everyday.

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide