D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Originally Posted by ducknbass
The op said he doesn't want to hear from you sitka homos. But here you come waving your flag.

Let's pretend that you can't shoot ducks without sitka and boss. Okay just keep it to yourself and you can kill all the ducks and us peons won't get to shoot ducks

No, he said he doesn't want sitka bc they are having "problems". I asked what problem and there hasn't been an answer. He also said it's $125 to send then in, also not true.

He also asked why sitka is the best. I said they that waders are a subjective thing. I prefer them over gators for reasons stated previously. I didn't have to justify the cost of them bc they did it for me when I wore them for the first time hunting .

I did say that sitka makes the best waterfowl gear outside of waders though and I'll stand by that.

Btw, I've killed ducks with steel and gator waders, but since switching to boss and sitka my experience has been more pleasurable. Warmer with less bulk and no longer chasing cripples.

You're the one that makes a big deal about it.
This happens time and time again on waterfowl Facebook groups. People dog sitka, then they buy a piece and they are on board with it. Then it's an I told you so.

I'm saying you do you, you're the one name calling and bringing in the high school drama.

Find where I've "dogged" sitka.

I'll wait. It's not the message it's the messenger.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158726 02/06/21 10:38 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
There is a guy on the tff all he talks about is how bad mlf is and how great bass is. It's dumb it's all he talks about. People probably get tired of his talking so much they would watch mlf over bass.

You're the same way for sitka and boss if I owned either of those companies I'd send you a cease and desist.

Last edited by ducknbass; 02/06/21 10:39 PM.
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: ducknbass] #8158727 02/06/21 10:39 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
The op said he doesn't want to hear from you sitka homos. But here you come waving your flag.

Let's pretend that you can't shoot ducks without sitka and boss. Okay just keep it to yourself and you can kill all the ducks and us peons won't get to shoot ducks

No, he said he doesn't want sitka bc they are having "problems". I asked what problem and there hasn't been an answer. He also said it's $125 to send then in, also not true.

He also asked why sitka is the best. I said they that waders are a subjective thing. I prefer them over gators for reasons stated previously. I didn't have to justify the cost of them bc they did it for me when I wore them for the first time hunting .

I did say that sitka makes the best waterfowl gear outside of waders though and I'll stand by that.

Btw, I've killed ducks with steel and gator waders, but since switching to boss and sitka my experience has been more pleasurable. Warmer with less bulk and no longer chasing cripples.

You're the one that makes a big deal about it.
This happens time and time again on waterfowl Facebook groups. People dog sitka, then they buy a piece and they are on board with it. Then it's an I told you so.

I'm saying you do you, you're the one name calling and bringing in the high school drama.

Find where I've "dogged" sitka.

I'll wait. It's not the message it's the messenger.

I said people good sir. That was general. Quit acting like you're being attacked all the time.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: KWood_TSU] #8158739 02/06/21 10:53 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

What's funny is someone mentioned on this thread said that Simms and sitka were the same thing, and then others are saying that Simms is better. That's confusing.

No that's not what I said. Sitka outsources their manufacturing to another company that makes dry suits for kayaking, not waders and Simms has been manufacturing waders in-house for 40 years.

Simms has a HUGE head start in manufacturing experience alone. 3years R&D vs 40 years. Zero manufacturing vs 40 years.

When using gore textiles, the textiles are similar out side of mfg’ing, but Simms also isn’t bond to JUST Goretex textiles like Sitka is, thus they started using Toray’s Laminates in some of their wader lines.

You want to keep going? Let’s see if you can twist this too.

WL Gore, sitka’s parent company had a federal inquiry about discriminatory business practices about suppressing competition with better and non price fixed laminates. One of the reasons many companies like Simms are bringing on better laminates. WL Gore is about as shady as shady gets.

You want to talk also about how Sitka came out again multi use public land specifically oil and gas exploration? Obviously you arent in oil and gas so you don’t care, about all the recent lay offs.

I didn't say you, I said someone.

Curious question, why is it taking sitka getting in the game to make Simms make hunting waders?
As previously stated, I know Simms has been making fishing waders for a long time.

I know sitka is huge on being environment friendly, but I don't keep up real close to it all.

Dumb question, why does Firstlite, Kuiu, Stone glacier AND Sitka have solids colors in their hunting lines? Why pay camo branding licenses, if you don’t need too?

What makes a pair of waders worn in the water, hunting waders vs fishing waders?

Even better question why pay 100,000’s of dollars in camo branding licenses?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158756 02/06/21 11:02 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Since Gore owns sitka i guess it doesn't matter?
And they are probably catering to the hunter, I prefer a solid colored dirt or drab green hoody with a camo vest for hunting. Also maybe for the item to cross over to everyday wear. If you work outside and can have your warm hunting gear also be used to work in it saves some money.

The sitka waterfowl camo is debated all the time, even after sitka has said that timber was made for the hunter. You still have the guys that think the marsh pattern is too bright for timber when they have said it isn't.

I've never had fishing waders, do they have the warm chest pockets like hunting do? I'm sure some waders are slightly catered to their use. Just like banded made a pair with a light bar on them.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158772 02/06/21 11:19 PM
2flyfish4 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Something to consider about simms is no they are not the popular choice amongst most duck hunters. They are very popular with fisherman, thats a result of the market they decided to target. However guides on the texas coast wear simms hundreds of days a year. They wear them wade fishing for trout and red fish and then all through duck season. Sitka guys wear their waders, what 3 months out of the year and that it.

I'll stick with simms that are worn hundreds of days a year, year in and year out over sitka that I am already seeing on social media crap out on people after being worn maybe a couple hundred times over the last 3 years.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: KWood_TSU] #8158782 02/06/21 11:25 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Since Gore owns sitka i guess it doesn't matter?
And they are probably catering to the hunter, I prefer a solid colored dirt or drab green hoody with a camo vest for hunting. Also maybe for the item to cross over to everyday wear. If you work outside and can have your warm hunting gear also be used to work in it saves some money.

The sitka waterfowl camo is debated all the time, even after sitka has said that timber was made for the hunter. You still have the guys that think the marsh pattern is too bright for timber when they have said it isn't.

I've never had fishing waders, do they have the warm chest pockets like hunting do? I'm sure some waders are slightly catered to their use. Just like banded made a pair with a light bar on them.

When did you start duck hunting or hunting in general?

Waders have two seasons. Non insulated and insulated season, with in those categories booted and non booted, from there they break down into textiles classes.

This isn’t about who makes best camo, this is about WADERS. If you think camo licensing makes a wader a hunting wader, I don’t know what to tell you. Go hunt in Alaska and take your Sitka’s moose hunting on a fly in float trip. Enjoy walking miles in booted waders.

I can’t believe I’ve killed ducks in non camo wader while hunting in knee to waist deep water, or in layout blind, or body booting or in layout boats.... I won’t even get into big game hunting

All waders have a chest pocket or wallet storage.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8159247 02/07/21 02:25 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Why does how long ago matter?

I've duck hunted about 3 seasons. Hunted in general for 17 or so years. I got a late start to waterfowl, but it's absolutely my favorite so I've completely submerged myself into it. There's a chance I'll actually be guiding hunts next year.

I also have a degree in wildlife biology.

I know the difference in waders, I did hours upon hours of research before I bought the gators, and that was a bad decision unfortunately, but they came highly recommended.

Sitka does have a lacrosse boot, I've walked miles in them, obviously not Alaska terrain though.
Why wouldn't you just use hip waders though in Alaska?

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: KWood_TSU] #8159285 02/07/21 03:18 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I've duck hunted about 3 seasons. Hunted in general for 17 or so years. I got a late start to waterfowl, but it's absolutely my favorite so I've completely submerged myself into it. There's a chance I'll actually be guiding hunts next year.

I know the difference in waders, I did hours upon hours of research before I bought the gators, and that was a bad decision unfortunately, but they came highly recommended.

Sitka does have a lacrosse boot, I've walked miles in them, obviously not Alaska terrain though.

Makes sense on why you got stuck on hunting waders. , waders are waders. Longevity will always mean more then features. Eventually you will end up picking up some non-insulated stocking waders to add to your arsenal. When you do, put simms on yours list to try. Night in day difference walking and getting in and out of boats.

In Alaska, For light crossing hip boots work alright, floating the river not so much. Now late season duck hunts, you won’t hardly see a pair of light or mid weight breathables.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8159294 02/07/21 03:22 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BDB
Here's what I really want to know.....

what do elk, moose, deer, caribou, turkey, ducks, bear, sheep, goats, and pigs think about Sitka?

Depends on how long it takes for a hunter to find said animals. More comfortable you are, longer you stay on the mountain, tree, water etc.

It's all about a ROI, but a lot of conditions don't mandate exclusive gear though

I was just being sarcastic.

The great thing today when it comes to equipment (including clothing) is our choices. I'm pro free market...if you want to spend the bread on the best or one of the best money can buy go for it. I just met and hunted with a fellow duck hunter a few times this year who called me up as his motor went down....he gets 50% off Sitka (except waders) so I may buy me some thru him. But I've packed in wilderness areas in N.M., Col and Montana bowhunting for elk, all solo, 7-14 day trips. I never had a item from Sitka on me. Kuiu I had a light jacket just for glassing as it was way to dam loud to hunt in but very warm, light and packable. Quality baselayers, merino wool outers and a rain garment is all you need for sept elk Imo. Very light, packable clothing. As a matter of fact I'll say here and now, a very good woodsman who knows what he's doing can wear cotton in sept. chasing elk....and thats taboo in the modern elk hunters way of thinking. My god, you got elk hunters hunting with an outfitter, never getting out of sight with a guide all day, driving in and out on a side by side, eating home cooked meals at the lodge and there all wearing head to toe Sitka, Kuiu etc. Sitka, Kuiu etc are great clothing items for the hunter who wants to buy them. But there is clothing to wear for ANYONE for less money if they want to spend less. And you will not be sacrificing ANYTHING that will cost you in any way as it pertains to your hunt.

So go buy Sitka if you have the need/funds. Or get an alternative if you so desire.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8159443 02/07/21 05:15 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

Makes sense on why you got stuck on hunting waders. , waders are waders. Longevity will always mean more then features. Eventually you will end up picking up some non-insulated stocking waders to add to your arsenal. When you do, put simms on yours list to try. Night in day difference walking and getting in and out of boats.

In Alaska, For light crossing hip boots work alright, floating the river not so much. Now late season duck hunts, you won’t hardly see a pair of light or mid weight breathables.

See, I'll always wear non insulated breathables. It's cheaper to run those than have multiple pairs. I'm sure I'll pick a bank up pair soon though. I'll be hunting next weekend in the single digits, so I'll let you know how the breathables and sitka work, you know just to be obnoxious.
Teal in 90 degree weather to single digits geese i need something to do it all.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: KWood_TSU] #8159527 02/07/21 06:49 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

See, I'll always wear non insulated breathables. It's cheaper to run those than have multiple pairs. I'm sure I'll pick a bank up pair soon though. I'll be hunting next weekend in the single digits, so I'll let you know how the breathables and sitka work, you know just to be obnoxious.
Teal in 90 degree weather to single digits geese i need something to do it all.

In sub freezing the benefits is more in the insulated boots, than the waders. There's some pretty remarkable wader pants on market.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8159551 02/07/21 07:13 PM
R
Robspinn Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
R
I've heard the Sitka guys raving over the Sitka core body heater. I haven't seen one yet. Have y'all tried it yet?

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8159602 02/07/21 08:06 PM
M
mohunter Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
M
Wow this thread really got going,lol.

Some good information, I appreciate almost everyone’s input, just want to point out a few things to consider.

I never said I was against Sitka, have not ruled them out either but on Sitkas own website people complain about leaking waders and terrible customer service so Kwood please explain...

If you read my original post I asked for those that have over 100 uses to let me know, have yet to see many responses from very many with over 100 uses in a pair of Sitkas but I’m all ears.

If it’s a tried and true product that lasts I’m still open to them. Everyone I know that has them hunt less the entire season than I do in a week or two which is why I posed the question.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8159628 02/07/21 08:34 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Any pair of breathable waders will eventually leak, it's the nature of the beast being a somewhat fragile material. It's a trade of though, who wants to wear 7mm neoprene in 80 degree weather? Stretched crotch seams are probably the worst. But sitka is the only fully serviceable wader on the market, that includes the boots.
Their customer service is top notch, but right now it is very slow. If I'm correct, they are trying to move into a new building, and all of customer service is working from home. With waterfowl season they got slammed, so it just takes time. Before covid they were very prompt though.

I honestly used to be one of the anti sitka guys, and bought one piece to see what the hype was about. After that I realized it wasn't hype. I started acquiring more, and now I'm almost straight sitka. It's worth it imo. The good thing with them too is they hold incredible resale, at least 80%. The waders can be sold for 90% value, if not more, if you don't like them. Their stuff is more of an investment unlike some other stuff.

The main reason I push people to try it is because it is expensive, and it's better to start acquiring it now versus buying other brands, then getting into sitka. You've essentially wasted money if you go that route.
I'm just a passionate person that believes in the best, and over the internet it probably looks overbearing when it's just passion.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8159708 02/07/21 09:34 PM
J
js4242 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Here is another thing to consider to the group as a whole - do you take care of your equipment? If I get muddy or bloody or every time I'm in saltwater I typically just rinse with a hose to they "look" clean. I noticed my goretex waders (Simms) and jacket (Sitka) didn't seem to be repelling water as they once did. They looked soaked, but I was still dry. Quick google search and I washed them per the instructions. The amount or dirt and grime in the water was pretty gross. I did this in Mama's bathtub. Luckily she wasn't home at the time. Especially from inside of the waders. All this dirt/sweat/bug spray/oils deters the breathability and water repellency. Once I cleaned them and the applied DWR water started beading off again. No matter what gear you use, taking care of it properly will help in the longevity. Link to the Simms wader care - https://www.simmsfishing.com/discover/stories/wader-care-and-repair

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: Robspinn] #8160431 02/08/21 02:19 PM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Robspinn
I've heard the Sitka guys raving over the Sitka core body heater. I haven't seen one yet. Have y'all tried it yet?

I have not. But I did get the Gradient Pant this last year. It has that wooly liner on the inside and sitkas elastic type material on the outside. Super warm and comfy. Like wearing a pair of house shoes for jeans! lol. I cant see needing anymore than that on my lower body.
They also have a elastic strap on the bottom that goes around the bottom of your foot, which means no more tight rolling jeans and tucking them in my socks to put waders on!

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8161828 02/09/21 03:00 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
last year I bought the cheapest pair of waders off amazon for $50, I wore them, I hunted in them, and I didnt shoot anything,

this year i decided to get some real duck hunters waders and got sitkas, i wore them, i hunted in them, I shot a stud GWT/Mallard cross. Later that night i slept in them they were so comfortable. In my dreams that night i shot twice as many ducks than in my normal dreams.

hate all you want, proof is in the pudding.

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8162538 02/09/21 11:00 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Finally I'm sold on sitka. Someone give Garrett a prostaff position.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: Robspinn] #8162558 02/09/21 11:13 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

roflmao you would makehuntinggreatagain Instagram account

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8163005 02/10/21 03:54 AM
B
BarneyWho Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
B

Hey Bobo your Sims breathable non insulated boot wader idea would be perfect for hunting the rivers in KS this weekend......... roflmao

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8163815 02/10/21 06:27 PM
S
Sinkey Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Did anyone wear Gator Insulated waders this past season? Just curious how they hold up. From just a look, they look like an identical build as Banded 2.0 waders, which most have us know have been horrible for leaking.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: BarneyWho] #8163838 02/10/21 06:45 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BarneyWho

Hey Bobo your Sims breathable non insulated boot wader idea would be perfect for hunting the rivers in KS this weekend......... roflmao

Why would I wear breathable waders Jan in KS when I have 1800gr Mack’s neo’s? Not sure we had more then 5 days of weather cold enough this year in Texas where you wouldnt sweat to death in insulated waders. Not sure I following.

Google Sitka core body heater.. it’s funny

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8163972 02/10/21 08:19 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
[Linked Image]

Id bet all I got that sinkey loves his.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: ducknbass] #8163978 02/10/21 08:23 PM
S