Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. #8162264 02/09/21 07:54 PM
Superduty Offline OP
"The Regulator"
OP Offline
"The Regulator"
So last night my wife and I are sitting on back patio and behind our fence there is building that has trees. I noticed a black silhouette near the top of a 40' tree. I grab my binoculars and it was a mature cat with what appeared to be a collar on. Well my wife starts to worry, I said if he is not down by morning I will call the property owner when they open at 9:00 a.m. and let them know. Well sure enough this morning it was cold and misty this morning and the cat was up there still. I called and told the lady about the situation and she said she would get someone on it.
Well while out working today I had to go see my heart Dr. for my follow up and the wife called the building the tree was located on and they told her the fire dept, animal control both told them to just put a can of food at base of tree and it will come down. Nope, food was there since 9:30 a.m. So wife calls me and asks what are "we" going to do since a huge cold front is coming in tomorrow.
I leave downtown Ft Worth and drive over there and look closer at the cat. He/she is up there shivering. I walk in building and they have a 8 foot ladder in hallway, I grab that and go outside. Well about 7 ladies from the office come out and watch a 52 year old man do the gorilla climb up a tree. I get within 5 feet of the cat and it is just meowing and shivering. I have to make a uncomfortable "circle the trunk" of the tree with my legs and shimmy up to the next area of branches so I can get another grip with my arms to get to cat. As I am inching upward I start thinking if I am holding onto the cat how am I going to get down with a cat in my arms...oh well I still need get closer. Now I am arms length away (30ish feet in air) and start to pet the cat and talking in a calming voice. Well the cat has a death grip on the wood and will not let go. Keeping in mind my thighs are getting weak clamping around the main trunk so I can use my arm to get this cat. All the while I have ladies yelling at me "be careful " "don't fall" ...well I finally rip the cat off the tree and pull him/her into my chest and it is shivering, along with myself, but mine was due to my legs getting weaker. I start to inch my way down and notice I am stuck about 20' in air and cannot maneuver any lower without using my hands/arms. What am I gonna do? Well as the ladies notice this here comes another woman carrying a blanket and all 5 ladies make a "catch blanket". So from about 20' high I toss the cat dead square in the blanket and cat is saved. Turns out there is a phone number on collard key tag, so they called and left a message.

But the story is not over...I am still in tree,...weak and thighs are trembling. Have to inch my way down blindly looking for a branch for my footing to take hold. I manage to get down to the normal climb-able branches and my legs are giving out. Now remember I have 8-10 ladies on the ground clapping, calling my their hero etc and at this point I cannot show any weakness, I am after all a man! I finally make it to the ladder and am really struggling to just stand from the weakness in my legs. (Heck I had a heart stent a little over a week ago). I grab the ladder fold it up and walk into building still hearing thank you's etc...but feel like I am going to collapse. I am limping uncontrollably ( weakness in thighs) to make it to truck without embarrassment. Now I am at home feeling like I did my good deed for the day but feel like I just had 2 a days in football. Man I am weak!

Man getting older sucks. Have a blessed day.

Edit... one of the ladies took this photo, wife just sent it to me...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Superduty; 02/09/21 07:59 PM.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162273 02/09/21 08:00 PM
D
DLALLDER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by Superduty
So last night my wife and I are sitting on back patio and behind our fence there is building that has trees. I noticed a black silhouette near the top of a 40' tree. I grab my binoculars and it was a mature cat with what appeared to be a collar on. Well my wife starts to worry, I said if he is not down by morning I will call the property owner when they open at 9:00 a.m. and let them know. Well sure enough this morning it was cold and misty this morning and the cat was up there still. I called and told the lady about the situation and she said she would get someone on it.
Well while out working today I had to go see my heart Dr. for my follow up and the wife called the building the tree was located on and they told her the fire dept, animal control both told them to just put a can of food at base of tree and it will come down. Nope, food was there since 9:30 a.m. So wife calls me and asks what are "we" going to do since a huge cold front is coming in tomorrow.
I leave downtown Ft Worth and drive over there and look closer at the cat. He/she is up there shivering. I walk in building and they have a 8 foot ladder in hallway, I grab that and go outside. Well about 7 ladies from the office come out and watch a 52 year old man do the gorilla climb up a tree. I get within 5 feet of the cat and it is just meowing and shivering. I have to make a uncomfortable "circle the trunk" of the tree with my legs and shimmy up to the next area of branches so I can get another grip with my arms to get to cat. As I am inching upward I start thinking if I am holding onto the cat how am I going to get down with a cat in my arms...oh well I still need get closer. Now I am arms length away (30ish feet in air) and start to pet the cat and talking in a calming voice. Well the cat has a death grip on the wood and will not let go. Keeping in mind my thighs are getting weak clamping around the main trunk so I can use my arm to get this cat. All the while I have ladies yelling at me "be careful " "don't fall" ...well I finally rip the cat off the tree and pull him/her into my chest and it is shivering, along with myself, but mine was due to my legs getting weaker. I start to inch my way down and notice I am stuck about 20' in air and cannot maneuver any lower without using my hands/arms. What am I gonna do? Well as the ladies notice this here comes another woman carrying a blanket and all 5 ladies make a "catch blanket". So from about 20' high I toss the cat dead square in the blanket and cat is saved. Turns out there is a phone number on collard key tag, so they called and left a message.

But the story is not over...I am still in tree,...weak and thighs are trembling. Have to inch my way down blindly looking for a branch for my footing to take hold. I manage to get down to the normal climb-able branches and my legs are giving out. Now remember I have 8-10 ladies on the ground clapping, calling my their hero etc and at this point I cannot show any weakness, I am after all a man! I finally make it to the ladder and am really struggling to just stand from the weakness in my legs. (Heck I had a heart stent a little over a week ago). I grab the ladder fold it up and walk into building still hearing thank you's etc...but feel like I am going to collapse. I am limping uncontrollably ( weakness in thighs) to make it to truck without embarrassment. Now I am at home feeling like I did my good deed for the day but feel like I just had 2 a days in football. Man I am weak!

Man getting older sucks. Have a blessed day.

Just wait till the day you have to have open heart surgery with 4 bypasses at 74!!!

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162275 02/09/21 08:02 PM
kmon11 Offline
junior
junior
Glad you made up the tree and down without falling. As we get older we sometimes do not realize what is catching up until it lets us know not to do that again.

lf the saying "Liar, Liar your pants on fire" were true
Mainstream news might be fun to watch
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162281 02/09/21 08:07 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

You sir, are a very LUCKY man. I understand wanting to help the animal but that could have ended very badly for you.
I have a friend whose father fell off a ladder while cleaning out rain gutters. He died.

Something to consider.

[Linked Image]

"Give me an Army of West Point graduates and I'll win a battle... Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war." - General Patton

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162287 02/09/21 08:12 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I hate cats I wouldn't swerve to miss one in my truck. Much less climb a tree

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162288 02/09/21 08:12 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
You're a good climber

It's hell eatin em live
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162289 02/09/21 08:13 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Gettin' old ain't for sissys!

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162299 02/09/21 08:21 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
WoW.....I wouldn't have done it.........but congratulations on saving a cat and not dying. up

I hope this was not the reason.... wife lol.

You sure are a nice guy. I need you as my neighbor as I am afraid of heights.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162311 02/09/21 08:34 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Glad you’re OK.

I can’t divulge my cat from tree removal method. It does not involve climbing but is not fatal or permanently harmful to the cat.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: reeltexan] #8162312 02/09/21 08:34 PM
1955 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
angelwere on side, congratulations

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162315 02/09/21 08:37 PM
W
west-tex Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
W
I would have done the same and felt the same. lol

up

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #8162317 02/09/21 08:37 PM
R
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Glad you’re OK.

I can’t divulge my cat from tree removal method. It does not involve climbing but is not fatal or permanently harmful to the cat.

Hmmm now I'm curious, mine does not involve climbing, but the cat doesn't fare as well.... I'm not a cat person in the slightest.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162329 02/09/21 08:49 PM
M
MBradford Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Nogalus Prairie
Glad you’re OK.

Does it involve a garden hose and a high pressure nozzle?

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162344 02/09/21 08:57 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
God bless you SD!!

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162348 02/09/21 09:02 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
You've been cheating death a lot lately. I'd simmer down if I was your age. grin

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: ducknbass] #8162355 02/09/21 09:08 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by ducknbass
I hate cats I wouldn't swerve to miss one in my truck. Much less climb a tree

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: skinnerback] #8162360 02/09/21 09:12 PM
S
soooo Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by skinnerback
You've been cheating death a lot lately. I'd simmer down if I was your age. grin

roflmao

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162361 02/09/21 09:13 PM
B
B-radder Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Never seen a cat skeleton in a tree

343 NEVER FORGET !!
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: B-radder] #8162377 02/09/21 09:22 PM
Superduty Offline OP
"The Regulator"
OP Offline
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by Brad Hardt

Yup, they usually die of dehydration and fall to the ground.

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162389 02/09/21 09:34 PM
N
NORML as can be Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Rolling that dice.

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162399 02/09/21 09:40 PM
TX_LT230FH Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Pics of the 8-10 ladies? smirk

[Linked Image]
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162400 02/09/21 09:41 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by Superduty
Originally Posted by Brad Hardt

Yup, they usually die of dehydration and fall to the ground.

roflmao

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: redchevy] #8162414 02/09/21 09:51 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by redchevy
You're a good climber

I think he is nuts.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162417 02/09/21 09:54 PM
D
Dalroo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
If there is a stray on the road, my wife will try to save it. Many years ago, we had gone out to dinner on the night before I was schedule to leave the country for a week on business. As we are driving down the street, she spies 3 small white kittens scurrying around a drain beside the road and screams that we have to save them. I pull over and two of the cats dart down the drain, but I manage to snag one with my right hand. I quickly became convinced it was not kitten, but more a tazmanian devil. It sunk its teeth into the webbing between my thumb and forefinger, and its claws began ripping up the inside of my wrist and my palm. I tried shaking it loose, but it had a death grip with its jaws on my hand. Out of options and trying to salvage what was left of my wrist, I yanked the cat away, leaving a perfect incision about 1/2" long on the aforementioned webbing, then throwing the cat off into the grass. It scampered to the drain and was gone.

I ended up at an emergency clinic getting stitches and tetanus shot, then worried during my trip that I might begin foaming at the mouth at any minute.

Superduty - you did a good thing, but for me, my days of animal rescue ended that night on 51st street in Tulsa.

Dalroo
Deep in the Heart of Texas
How about that Brandon!
Re: I'm weak. Long read. Rescue. [Re: Superduty] #8162421 02/09/21 09:55 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
BB gun.... bolt

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]