Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158058 02/06/21 05:22 AM
68A Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
For those that wear Sitka I’d like to know, what’s your percentage of hunting public vs private? Layout blind vs make shift? Busting brush vs driving up dumping gear and setting up?

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158102 02/06/21 12:24 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Yep dudes still a bag.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: 2flyfish4] #8158104 02/06/21 12:26 PM
B
BradyBuck Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by 2flyfish4
My buddy is a guide, is in the guide program with sitka and he has told me he gets all sitka gear at 50% off retail.

It's more like 40%

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: BradyBuck] #8158139 02/06/21 01:29 PM
J
js4242 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted by BradyBuck
My buddy is a guide, is in the guide program with sitka and he has told me he gets all sitka gear at 50% off retail.

It's more like 40%

It’s a well know fact in the duck hunting world it’s 50%. grin

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: BradyBuck] #8158140 02/06/21 01:29 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BradyBuck

It's more like 40%

And with caps. Guide deals aren’t as good as most friends and family programs, across the spectrum of mfg

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: 2flyfish4] #8158141 02/06/21 01:30 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

Yup, I know, but waders still aren't discounted.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: js4242] #8158144 02/06/21 01:33 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by js4242
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

You think a few ducking hunting guides on Sitka Pro platform means they are preferred?

Simms guide platform is literally world wide, we are taking probably a sales ratio of 400 to 1 ratio if not more.

Nobody said Sitka was awful. OP said he wasn’t looking at Sitka and excluded them right off the bat.

Yes, Sitka, Kuiu, FHF, Marsupial, ACG and elberstock.

When Sitka is used by that vast majority of outfitters and guides that's a statement. Sure they end up on the pro platform, but the waders aren't discounted. I've never seen anyone in the hunting world wear Simms waders. I know they are the leader in fishing though.
I think waders are the most subjective thing, but other than that, in the waterfowl world they are the leaders and the best, no debate.

Your statements are ridiculous. I don't know if you troll for the fun of it or are just clueless. Please provide a breakdown of this vast majority you speak of and where you got those stats from.

I guess no one wore waders before Sitka came out. Not counting neoprene, but my experience has been when people talk about quality waders (hunting or fishing), Simms is the top of the list. Sitka has obviously has vaulted up there as well, but to say there is no debate - I don't buy it. if you don't think a lot of those high profile guides/outfitters/lodges are getting a deal on gear you have no clue what you're talking about. It's called a marketing budget and that covers the discount.

I wasn't talking about waders here, I was talking about all the gear combined.
Sitka is the most worn brand out there. Look at Instagram, any outfitter you see running hunts is wearing what? Not simms, not drake, not banded.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: KWood_TSU] #8158158 02/06/21 01:51 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You think a few ducking hunting guides on Sitka Pro platform means they are preferred?

Simms guide platform is literally world wide, we are taking probably a sales ratio of 400 to 1 ratio if not more.

Nobody said Sitka was awful. OP said he wasn’t looking at Sitka and excluded them right off the bat.

When Sitka is used by that vast majority of outfitters and guides that's a statement. Sure they end up on the pro platform, but the waders aren't discounted. I've never seen anyone in the hunting world wear Simms waders. I know they are the leader in fishing though.
I think waders are the most subjective thing, but other than that, in the waterfowl world they are the leaders and the best, no debate.

Your statements are ridiculous. I don't know if you troll for the fun of it or are just clueless. Please provide a breakdown of this vast majority you speak of and where you got those stats from.

I guess no one wore waders before Sitka came out. Not counting neoprene, but my experience has been when people talk about quality waders (hunting or fishing), Simms is the top of the list. Sitka has obviously has vaulted up there as well, but to say there is no debate - I don't buy it. if you don't think a lot of those high profile guides/outfitters/lodges are getting a deal on gear you have no clue what you're talking about. It's called a marketing budget and that covers the discount.

Sitka is the most worn brand out there. Look at Instagram, any outfitter you see running hunts is wearing what? Not simms, not drake, not banded.

Lol, what are sitka’s guide/athlete social media posting requirements?

Of the 10 guides I know 1 is a sitka “athlete”, one runs drake but changing to gator, rest run simms for breathable. A lot of those guides run two duck hunts a day most days at the coast.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: KWood_TSU] #8158160 02/06/21 01:55 PM
J
js4242 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J

You realize this thread is about waders right???

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158177 02/06/21 02:25 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Cool deal Bobo, everyone i see in Arkansas, true north Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri all run sitka.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: KWood_TSU] #8158179 02/06/21 02:25 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Cool deal Bobo, everyone i see in Arkansas, true north Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri all run sitka.

Obviously we run in different circles, wader wise.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158286 02/06/21 03:32 PM
B
BDB Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Here's what I really want to know.....

what do elk, moose, deer, caribou, turkey, ducks, bear, sheep, goats, and pigs think about Sitka?

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158288 02/06/21 03:32 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
So bobo you're saying you don't hang out with dbags?

Last edited by ducknbass; 02/06/21 03:33 PM.
Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158296 02/06/21 03:39 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by mohunter

I don't want to hear about Sitka, people are having issues with them already as well and don't really want to pay $125 every month to get a new pair with the so called "lifetime warranty". but if anyone has a pair and they have over 100 uses let me know.

Thanks

Some of you guys can't understand simple thinking.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: BDB] #8158305 02/06/21 03:47 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by BDB

what do elk, moose, deer, caribou, turkey, ducks, bear, sheep, goats, and pigs think about Sitka?

They don't think, apparently they are dead before they know what happens.

I will say I will always prefer the asat camo pattern over anything.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: ducknbass] #8158307 02/06/21 03:49 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by ducknbass

So you're judging a book by the cover?

What about the guys at fowlco outfitters. Good Christian guys that run sitka. But according to you, since they wear Sitka you're too cool for them.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: ducknbass] #8158330 02/06/21 04:08 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

No, I just know the affiliate/pro/athlete etc programs for most companies including sitka. I’m just not into people pissin on my leg and then telling me it's raining. Nobody said sitka wasn't good gear, I've even defended them, but pimping a company's secondary product with a 3 years history over a company with a 40 year history built around WADERS is asinine, even when OP said no on sitka right off the bat.

I would not be surprise if kwood is on the affiliate program for Boss, Sitka and Bison....

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: BDB] #8158338 02/06/21 04:11 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by BDB

Depends on how long it takes for a hunter to find said animals. More comfortable you are, longer you stay on the mountain, tree, water etc.

It's all about a ROI, but a lot of conditions don't mandate exclusive gear though

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: KWood_TSU] #8158422 02/06/21 05:05 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

What about the guys at fowlco outfitters. Good Christian guys that run sitka. But according to you, since they wear Sitka you're too cool for them.

No I'm saying if they hang out with you they are bags. I have nothing against anyone who wears sitka but someone who can't shut up about it's a little annoying

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: ducknbass] #8158616 02/06/21 08:47 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

No I'm saying if they hang out with you they are bags. I have nothing against anyone who wears sitka but someone who can't shut up about it's a little annoying

Why you crawfishing? That's exactly what you implied.

What's funny is someone mentioned on this thread said that Simms and sitka were the same thing, and then others are saying that Simms is better. That's confusing.

What's also interesting is someone mentioned sitka having a "problem" with their waders. I asked what the problem was, no answer. So you see, these threads that involve sitka would go a lot better if the poors and haters wouldn't rear their ugly head to try and trash talk.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158629 02/06/21 08:59 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I just flat called you a dbag and that's crawfishing? roflmao

Go away you wannabe professional hunter. Your opinion here is worth less than that of a vegan.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: mohunter] #8158631 02/06/21 09:01 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
The op said he doesn't want to hear from you sitka homos. But here you come waving your flag.

Let's pretend that you can't shoot ducks without sitka and boss. Okay just keep it to yourself and you can kill all the ducks and us peons won't get to shoot ducks

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: KWood_TSU] #8158633 02/06/21 09:03 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

What's funny is someone mentioned on this thread said that Simms and sitka were the same thing, and then others are saying that Simms is better. That's confusing.

No that's not what I said. Sitka outsources their manufacturing to another company that makes dry suits for kayaking, not waders and Simms has been manufacturing waders in-house for 40 years.

Simms has a HUGE head start in manufacturing experience alone. 3years R&D vs 40 years. Zero manufacturing vs 40 years.

When using gore textiles, the textiles are similar out side of mfg’ing, but Simms also isn’t bond to JUST Goretex textiles like Sitka is, thus they started using Toray’s Laminates in some of their wader lines.

You want to keep going? Let’s see if you can twist this too.

WL Gore, sitka’s parent company had a federal inquiry about discriminatory business practices about suppressing competition with better and non price fixed laminates. One of the reasons many companies like Simms are bringing on better laminates. WL Gore is about as shady as shady gets.

You want to talk also about how Sitka came out again multi use public land specifically oil and gas exploration? Obviously you arent in oil and gas so you don’t care, about all the recent lay offs.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: ducknbass] #8158681 02/06/21 10:01 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
The op said he doesn't want to hear from you sitka homos. But here you come waving your flag.

Let's pretend that you can't shoot ducks without sitka and boss. Okay just keep it to yourself and you can kill all the ducks and us peons won't get to shoot ducks

No, he said he doesn't want sitka bc they are having "problems". I asked what problem and there hasn't been an answer. He also said it's $125 to send then in, also not true.

He also asked why sitka is the best. I said they that waders are a subjective thing. I prefer them over gators for reasons stated previously. I didn't have to justify the cost of them bc they did it for me when I wore them for the first time hunting .

I did say that sitka makes the best waterfowl gear outside of waders though and I'll stand by that.

Btw, I've killed ducks with steel and gator waders, but since switching to boss and sitka my experience has been more pleasurable. Warmer with less bulk and no longer chasing cripples.

You're the one that makes a big deal about it.
This happens time and time again on waterfowl Facebook groups. People dog sitka, then they buy a piece and they are on board with it. Then it's an I told you so.

I'm saying you do you, you're the one name calling and bringing in the high school drama.

Re: Lets talk waders [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8158688 02/06/21 10:05 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

No that's not what I said. Sitka outsources their manufacturing to another company that makes dry suits for kayaking, not waders and Simms has been manufacturing waders in-house for 40 years.

Simms has a HUGE head start in manufacturing experience alone. 3years R&D vs 40 years. Zero manufacturing vs 40 years.

When using gore textiles, the textiles are similar out side of mfg’ing, but Simms also isn’t bond to JUST Goretex textiles like Sitka is, thus they started using Toray’s Laminates in some of their wader lines.

You want to keep going? Let’s see if you can twist this too.

WL Gore, sitka’s parent company had a federal inquiry about discriminatory business practices about suppressing competition with better and non price fixed laminates. One of the reasons many companies like Simms are bringing on better laminates. WL Gore is about as shady as shady gets.

You want to talk also about how Sitka came out again multi use public land specifically oil and gas exploration? Obviously you arent in oil and gas so you don’t care, about all the recent lay offs.

I didn't say you, I said someone.

Curious question, why is it taking sitka getting in the game to make Simms make hunting waders?
As previously stated, I know Simms has been making fishing waders for a long time.

I know sitka is huge on being environment friendly, but I don't keep up real close to it all.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide