Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Wind Turbines [Re: 603Country] #8155304 02/04/21 01:06 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by 603Country
Why are solar farms worse?

One going in next door to one if the places I hunt. Zero multi use. Not trees, no grass, no animals, no nada. Basically a 3k acre parking lot.

With that said I had a solar lease signed and they pulled out day trump was elected.

When you make 8 dollars an acre cattle lease plus $3 and acre soil conservation bank program, and some one offers you $800 plus an acre a year. How do you say no?

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Wind Turbines [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8155325 02/04/21 01:28 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Originally Posted by Stub
What about the ranchers, farmers or landowners who's land value declines because of their neighbors WTG should they be compensated also?
Lets say you own 1,000 acres and you land is worth $4,000 - $4,500 an acre, now because WTG are placed next or close to your property the value has declined to $2,000 an acre wouldn't you be pissed?

As much as we may assume that to be happening, it’s not for most part. Now appreciation maybe slower but it damn sure isn’t going negative. Not enough land for sale to do that.

My buddy just sold his place because neighbor got wind turbines, it was an exponentially high ROI compared to stock market.

I bought more land in panhandle a while back, wind turbine actually increased land values there.

As much as I hate them in principle, land deception isn't one of the cause and effects of them.

Maybe in certain areas like the Panhandle that is not as aesthetic pleasing as other areas you may not suffer land depreciation.
Lets say you bought land in the beautiful hills of Jack county for $4,500 an acre a year ago, now my neighbors puts up WTG next to me, I bet you could not sell that land now for the $4,500 an acre that I paid for it. Who do you would want to pay that kind of money to stare at those monstrosities confused2

texas flag

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155349 02/04/21 01:52 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
What about the ranchers, farmers or landowners who's land value declines because of their neighbors WTG should they be compensated also?
Lets say you own 1,000 acres and you land is worth $4,000 - $4,500 an acre, now because WTG are placed next or close to your property the value has declined to $2,000 an acre wouldn't you be pissed?

As much as we may assume that to be happening, it’s not for most part. Now appreciation maybe slower but it damn sure isn’t going negative. Not enough land for sale to do that.

My buddy just sold his place because neighbor got wind turbines, it was an exponentially high ROI compared to stock market.

I bought more land in panhandle a while back, wind turbine actually increased land values there.

As much as I hate them in principle, land deception isn't one of the cause and effects of them.

Maybe in certain areas like the Panhandle that is not as aesthetic pleasing as other areas you may not suffer land depreciation.

Lets say you bought land in the beautiful hills of Jack county for $4,500 an acre a year ago, now my neighbors puts up WTG next to me, I bet you could not sell that land now for the $4,500 an acre that I paid for it. Who do you would want to pay that kind of money to stare at those monstrosities confused2

My buddys place was on the western edge of the hill country, the entire brady mountains ridge in both counties is now covered. He closed Sept 20. He sold for more the 4500.

In your example I bet you could still get m4500 an acre. Wind Turbine Land just isn't deprecating like you think.

I hate them but I dang sure dont blame a land owner for taking a large multi use guarantee. I look at multi use Pipelines ROW, same way.

Go look at land comps in Concho, Mills, McCullough etc they aren't going down.

Same thing in coastal areas of Arnasas, Refugio, Nueces etc

Now I think counties that ban them will see a higher appreciation rate then counties that do, but none the less both will appreciate

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8155412 02/04/21 02:35 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

My buddys place was on the western edge of the hill country, the entire brady mountains ridge in both counties is now covered. He closed Sept 20. He sold for more the 4500.

In your example I bet you could still get m4500 an acre. Wind Turbine Land just isn't deprecating like you think.

I hate them but I dang sure dont blame a land owner for taking a large multi use guarantee. I look at multi use Pipelines ROW, same way.

Go look at land comps in Concho, Mills, McCullough etc they aren't going down.

Same thing in coastal areas of Arnasas, Refugio, Nueces etc

Now I think counties that ban them will see a higher appreciation rate then counties that do, but none the less both will appreciate

Your buddies place on the western edge of the Hill country. How long ago did he buy it and what did he pay for it at that time?
Wonder what his land would of sold for if those WGT were not there?

Guessing there is only two ways I know only way you can really gauge the effect they have on land value is.

1. Have a recent comparables of identical land sold right before WGT were installed then right after.
2.Have recently say within 1 year purchased the land for X number of $ before WGT were installed next to your property, then what it would sell for after.

Comparables now are probably pretty skewed because of all of the business and people moving into our state creating the land grab and driving prices way up.

texas flag

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155532 02/04/21 03:35 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I refuse to believe that surrounding land is depreciating because of wind turbines

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Ramball36] #8155550 02/04/21 03:46 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by Ramball36
I refuse to believe that surrounding land is depreciating because of wind turbines

It's not, not in any appreciable manner. My cousin sold his in Mills County, 600 acres with 6 mills. At the time land was bringing 2700-3200/acre and he got market value. The new owner sold 100 acres of it to another guy 6 months later for $3400/acre, and that piece sold two years later for $4000/acre.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155570 02/04/21 03:56 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Stub,

He had it <13 years and essentially pretty much tripled. He didn't have it listed. He named his price. Land in that area doesn't come up for sale often, he was the smallest ranch in 10 mile radius. That's point I'm trying to make, they are just becoming part of the land scape. No different then pump jack or tank battery.

Land just isn't deprecating in Texas. Every property I've looked at Coastal, Hill country and panhandle is same way.

I get it doesn't make sense, but the old saying they don't make more land is true. Supply and demand

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8155586 02/04/21 04:05 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Stub,

He had it <13 years and essentially pretty much tripled. He didn't have it listed. He named his price. Land in that area doesn't come up for sale often, he was the smallest ranch in 10 mile radius. That's point I'm trying to make, they are just becoming part of the land scape. No different then pump jack or tank battery.

Land just isn't deprecating in Texas. Every property I've looked at Coastal, Hill country and panhandle is same way.

I get it doesn't make sense, but the old saying they don't make more land is true. Supply and demand

It actually does make sense. For many people, the mills just aren't an issue. I bet there are even some fools out there that like them/would want to have one.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155597 02/04/21 04:14 PM
H
HuntnFly67 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
They're not value killers. No one likes them, but the evidence of cutting land prices in half simply isn't there.

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155609 02/04/21 04:19 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
How do they compare in land damage to solar panels?

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155644 02/04/21 04:40 PM
F
fishfree Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
I generally object to any business model that requires that I be taxed to make it 'profitable'.

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: fishfree] #8155647 02/04/21 04:41 PM
TCM3 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by fishfree
I generally object to any business model that requires that I be taxed to make it 'profitable'.

This sums it all up perfectly.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Wind Turbines [Re: bill oxner] #8155690 02/04/21 05:05 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by bill oxner
How do they compare in land damage to solar panels?

From a reclaimation stand point, one concrete pad per 120ac, vs 100’s of concrete post holes per acre

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155692 02/04/21 05:07 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I understand a lot of you guys points about the land is still selling and usually at a higher price, as BoBo said supply and demand and that reverts back to my comment about the only reason most land prices are still going even with WTG on them is because of all of the business coming here with jobs. The loss of value that I used from $4,500 to $2,500 is obviously high? What if the property now only brings $3,500 to - $4,000 and takes twice as long to sell because of the WTG?

The hilly land I was referring to is mainly ideal for country living, not a lot of pasture land for a profitable cattle production or farming, mainly for the views and serenity.
Anybody on here that says they would pay the same top dollar amount of money for their own personal hill country land to live on that is lined with those giant eye sore WTG versus pristine hill country land without them is full of muyloco

Last edited by Stub; 02/04/21 05:21 PM.

texas flag

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: fishfree] #8155706 02/04/21 05:16 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by fishfree

100%,

Irony is when it's self supportive it takes ultra high oil and NG prices, which means the patch is healthy and jobs are numerous, but fake green explodes too.

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155719 02/04/21 05:28 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
I understand a lot of you guys points about the land is still selling and usually at a higher price, as BoBo said supply and demand and that reverts back to my comment about the only reason most land prices are still going is because of all of the business coming here with jobs. The loss of value that I used from $4,500 to $2,500 is obviously high? What if the property now only brings $3,500 to - $4,000 and takes twice as long to sell because of the WTG?

The hilly land I was referring to is mainly ideal for country living, not a lot of pasture land for a profitable cattle production or farming, mainly for the views and serenity.
Anybody on here that says they would pay the same top dollar amount of money for their own personal hill country land to live on that is lined with those giant eye sore WTG versus pristine hill country land without them is full of BS.

You either are buying land or you aren't. You can either afford it or you can't. Land is sold for what a land owner will take for it.

Gillespie, will be one of the last hold outs on windturbines. I suggest you buy as much as you can now. Starts at roughly +- $7k an acre, and goes up from there via water availability. Next year I bet it's up to $8k avg etc

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8155792 02/04/21 06:14 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
I understand a lot of you guys points about the land is still selling and usually at a higher price, as BoBo said supply and demand and that reverts back to my comment about the only reason most land prices are still going is because of all of the business coming here with jobs. The loss of value that I used from $4,500 to $2,500 is obviously high? What if the property now only brings $3,500 to - $4,000 and takes twice as long to sell because of the WTG?

Anybody on here that says they would pay the same top dollar amount of money for their own personal hill country land to live on that is lined with those giant eye sore WTG versus pristine hill country land without them is full of BS.

You either are buying land or you aren't. You can either afford it or you can't. Land is sold for what a land owner will take for it.

Well that certainly answers the debate over whether WTG have any effect on land values roflmao

Last edited by Stub; 02/04/21 06:14 PM.

texas flag

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155816 02/04/21 06:27 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Well that certainly answers the debate over whether WTG have any effect on land values roflmao

Lol, good point roflmao

Made more sense in my head. Land value appreciation and sales prices says the WTG isn’t suppressing land values. Demand is higher then supply,

There will always be a big difference in perception between recreational landowners And non recreational. With that said neither will give it away when they move on from it.

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8155860 02/04/21 07:06 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted by Ramball36

It's not, not in any appreciable manner. My cousin sold his in Mills County, 600 acres with 6 mills. At the time land was bringing 2700-3200/acre and he got market value. The new owner sold 100 acres of it to another guy 6 months later for $3400/acre, and that piece sold two years later for $4000/acre.

It is in some aspects. I know a man that bought a 40 acre tract outside of a town. Was in the planning stages of dividing, building homes, etc, when the wind turbines came in; Can't give it away now. He can't even get his investment back out of it.

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155874 02/04/21 07:19 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I understand a lot of you guys points about the land is still selling and usually at a higher price, as BoBo said supply and demand and that reverts back to my comment about the only reason most land prices are still going even with WTG on them is because of all of the business coming here with jobs. The loss of value that I used from $4,500 to $2,500 is obviously high? What if the property now only brings $3,500 to - $4,000 and takes twice as long to sell because of the WTG?

Anybody on here that says they would pay the same top dollar amount of money for their own personal hill country land to live on that is lined with those giant eye sore WTG versus pristine hill country land without them is full of muyloco

You are what if'ing with made up numbers, other than your anecdotal opinion of not liking them, its based in no fact what so ever.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8155875 02/04/21 07:20 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Seems a liberal idea to tell people they cant do what they want on their property.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Wind Turbines [Re: redchevy] #8155987 02/04/21 08:35 PM
S
Stub Online Happy OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by redchevy

You are what if'ing with made up numbers, other than your anecdotal opinion of not liking them, its based in no fact what so ever.

Glad you could contribute more useless hot air to the subject laugh Some of the numbers are hypothetical, others not.

But here is the real question and try and answer it honestly.

Would you pay the same top dollar amount of money for your own personal hill country land to live on that is lined with those giant eye sore WTG, versus the same identical pristine hill country land without them? No BS keep it real and honest. I dang sure wouldn't.

Seems a liberal idea to tell people they cant do what they want on their property.

So who on any one of these comments on this thread was telling anybody what they can or want on their property confused2
I certainly did not, as a matter of fact I said I believe a person can do as they please on the land they own, I may not like it but that is just my opinion.

And you are exactly right, it does seem kind of liberal to tell people what they can and cannot do on their property!
It also very common and Liberal/DemoRatic like to insinuate that someone said or imply that they said something they didn't trout

I am proud to be a Conservative/Republican up

texas flag

Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8156030 02/04/21 09:04 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Glad you could contribute more useless hot air to the subject laugh Some of the numbers are hypothetical, others not.

But here is the real question and try and answer it honestly.

Would you pay the same top dollar amount of money for your own personal hill country land to live on that is lined with those giant eye sore WTG, versus the same identical pristine hill country land without them? No BS keep it real and honest. I dang sure wouldn't.

So who on any one of these comments on this thread was telling anybody what they can or want on their property confused2
I certainly did not, as a matter of fact I said I believe a person can do as they please on the land they own, I may not like it but that is just my opinion.

And you are exactly right, it does seem kind of liberal to tell people what they can and cannot do on their property!
It also very common and Liberal/DemoRatic like to insinuate that someone said or imply that they said something they didn't trout

I am proud to be a Conservative/Republican up

Seems to me you are trying to discourage the ability to put up wind turbines no?

I bought land that I am building my home on, JUST down the road is a couple hundred acre solar farm. I could give a carp less. I also have a electric transmission line going through my property whoop d do. People like to complain about it when they got somethign to gain from making noise, but in the end they dont disrupt as much as people will make them out ot.

Do i like wind turbines and solar farms...... or the dreaded oil wells? Not only no but hell no, i think they are unsightly, but the reality is that they are not affecting the land value like you say. You may think what i have to say is hot air, but I do real estate for a living so think again, i probably know more than your average bear about the topic at hand.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Wind Turbines [Re: Stub] #8156060 02/04/21 09:26 PM
J
jetdad Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Apples and oranges. ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, the windmills on or in close proximity would affect the value negatively. There are folks that would not want to look at them as oppose to not. This shrinks you market and will therefore shrink your price. I view an eyesore as an encumbrance. Again, all things being equal. Why would you desire to deal with it? It doesn't add value unless you are the one getting the cash flow.

Last edited by jetdad; 02/04/21 09:27 PM.
Re: Wind Turbines [Re: jetdad] #8156091 02/04/21 09:55 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by jetdad
Apples and oranges. ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL, the windmills on or in close proximity would affect the value negatively. There are folks that would not want to look at them as oppose to not. This shrinks you market and will therefore shrink your price. I view an eyesore as an encumbrance. Again, all things being equal. Why would you desire to deal with it? It doesn't add value unless you are the one getting the cash flow.

In some counties and via acreage requirements you aren't going to have much of a choice, unfortunately.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide