texashuntingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Txhoggsx, Paul Ford, coosa, Tightline, Drew11
68080 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
dogcatcher 105,677
bill oxner 79,024
stxranchman 57,289
SnakeWrangler 55,953
RKHarm24 44,585
rifleman 44,461
Gravytrain 41,788
BMD 41,160
Forum Statistics
Forums45
Topics597,283
Posts11,216,818
Members83,080
Most Online19,184
Feb 5th, 2020
Print Thread
SOTA weight loss program #8148349 01/29/21 07:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 924
T
TijuanaTom Online Content OP
Tracker
OP Online Content
Tracker
T
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 924
I listen to 105.3 the fan daily, and they have been plugging SOTA for awhile now. A lot of the guys on the show have used it and seem to have had a ton of success. Curious if anyone here has any experience with them directly, or through someone you know.

I'm looking for something to help lose some lbs and keep me accountable. I figure if im paying for it, than i'm sure as hell not going to do it half assed like i have been trying to lose weight on my own.

Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8148944 01/30/21 10:42 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
Sounds like just another ad to make money

Have you ever tried fasting. Just don't eat breakfast. It doesn't cost any money to fast, that is why you never see or hear it advertised on TV/Radio.

Look into a Keto Diet or heavy protein. I would also look into cutting all sugars out of your diets.

Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8149021 01/30/21 01:54 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,039
T
TXGUNNER308 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,039
Go see a nutritionist. Your health insurance will most likely cover it. Don't waste your money on that SOTA gimmick garbage.


Initial Success or Total Failure

If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough.

Originally Posted by 75cj5
Go stick your pecker in someone else’s business.
Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8149211 01/30/21 05:21 PM
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 425
Q
QMC SW/EXW Offline
Bird Dog
Offline
Bird Dog
Q
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 425
Easiest way to drop weight quickly is to simply cut out carbs and sugars. I did it. Took a week or so to get used to it but I dropped from 197 to 178 in less than 2 months simply by adjusting my diet.

I allowed myself one "cheat day" a week because I like pizza on Fri. This takes some mental discipline because you have to cut out potato, grains, pasta, tortillas, wheat flour, corn meal etc... but pork rinds have zero carbs so those make a good snack and you can put them in a food processor and powder them to use them in place of flour for frying. The hardest thing for me to give up was fresh fruit. You can eat as much protein (meat), cheese, and most veggies (carrots however are loaded with carbs) as you want and you won't be hungry. After a week your body goes goes to work burning off the fat and your weight drops steadily.


Retired Navy Chief
NJROTC Instructor for Tascosa High School
Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8149432 01/30/21 10:11 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 24,236
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 24,236
i stopped in to a SOTA store. $5,000 For 6 months


left as quick as i could


SPACE FOR RENT


Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8149879 01/31/21 07:46 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,797
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 19,797
HOleeeeeee crap! What a rip.


[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: Buzzsaw] #8149921 01/31/21 01:11 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
i stopped in to a SOTA store. $5,000 For 6 months


left as quick as i could


I am sure some sign up, Don't need a lot of customers to keep the door open

Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: QMC SW/EXW] #8149922 01/31/21 01:14 PM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
Originally Posted by QMC SW/EXW
Easiest way to drop weight quickly is to simply cut out carbs and sugars. I did it. Took a week or so to get used to it but I dropped from 197 to 178 in less than 2 months simply by adjusting my diet.

I allowed myself one "cheat day" a week because I like pizza on Fri. This takes some mental discipline because you have to cut out potato, grains, pasta, tortillas, wheat flour, corn meal etc... but pork rinds have zero carbs so those make a good snack and you can put them in a food processor and powder them to use them in place of flour for frying. The hardest thing for me to give up was fresh fruit. You can eat as much protein (meat), cheese, and most veggies (carrots however are loaded with carbs) as you want and you won't be hungry. After a week your body goes goes to work burning off the fat and your weight drops steadily.


up

It works, and it's easy to do after you get used to eating like that

It's my lifestyle now of days, You get better mental clarity as well, and fell much better cutting out sugars and carbs.

Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8149951 01/31/21 02:25 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 49,482
BOBO the Clown Online Content
decoy
Online Content
decoy
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 49,482
Originally Posted by TijuanaTom
I listen to 105.3 the fan daily, and they have been plugging SOTA for awhile now. A lot of the guys on the show have used it and seem to have had a ton of success. Curious if anyone here has any experience with them directly, or through someone you know.

I'm looking for something to help lose some lbs and keep me accountable. I figure if im paying for it, than i'm sure as hell not going to do it half assed like i have been trying to lose weight on my own.


My FIL lost 80. Sometimes the cheapest gym membership, trainer, etc is the worst , because you have no skin in the game. Just something to think about.


Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8155948 02/04/21 07:57 PM
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 64
G
gunslinger300 Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
G
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 64
It is expensive, but it is not a rip off. All the negative comments and never experienced it. I lost 70lbs on it and they truly do care about your well being. I was never hungry and experienced new ideas on living healthier and longer. Im 51 and feel like im in my 30's again. Life is smoother and stress free now....

Last edited by gunslinger300; 02/04/21 07:58 PM.
Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8162470 02/09/21 10:33 PM
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1,401
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1,401
I started on Weight Watchers about 6 weeks ago after seeing the results it provided for my coworker. I never considered it because I thought it was for women but I was wrong. I started at 245 lbs and after 6 weeks I am down 20 lbs to 225. The first 2 weeks 10 lbs fell off of me and then things started to slow down. It keeps you accountable of your actions and provides an endless inventory of recipes that make it easier to plug into the app. Really it is helping balance your intake of carbs, protein, oils etc... while also helping you with the correct portion control. Combined with moderate exercise it will help your results move faster. Sunday nights I have a dessert and the occasional beer or glass of wine. I recommend it and when I hit my first goal of 220 I am treating myself to a wrist watch that I have been wanting to better track my fitness goals along with some other features I want. Good luck.

Last edited by rolyat.nosaj; 02/09/21 10:34 PM.
Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8162506 02/09/21 10:47 PM
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 24,236
B
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Celebrity
Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 24,236
most will put weight back on.


SPACE FOR RENT


Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: Buzzsaw] #8162657 02/10/21 12:10 AM
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 79,024
bill oxner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 79,024
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
most will put weight back on.



You have to be kidding.


Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill


[Linked Image]




Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: Buzzsaw] #8163115 02/10/21 10:48 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw
most will put weight back on.


Yep

Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #8163116 02/10/21 10:49 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 7,550
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
I started on Weight Watchers about 6 weeks ago after seeing the results it provided for my coworker. I never considered it because I thought it was for women but I was wrong. I started at 245 lbs and after 6 weeks I am down 20 lbs to 225. The first 2 weeks 10 lbs fell off of me and then things started to slow down. It keeps you accountable of your actions and provides an endless inventory of recipes that make it easier to plug into the app. Really it is helping balance your intake of carbs, protein, oils etc... while also helping you with the correct portion control. Combined with moderate exercise it will help your results move faster. Sunday nights I have a dessert and the occasional beer or glass of wine. I recommend it and when I hit my first goal of 220 I am treating myself to a wrist watch that I have been wanting to better track my fitness goals along with some other features I want. Good luck.


Usually water weight is the first to go and it comes off the fastest.

Re: SOTA weight loss program [Re: TijuanaTom] #8180630 02/22/21 10:58 PM
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1,401
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Pro Tracker
Offline
Pro Tracker
R
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 1,401
Weighed in at 218 this morning. First goal reached and ordered my new watch. I think my next goal is to reach 200 and then take my calorie intake up to about 3200 a day and start focusing more on free weights.

Last edited by rolyat.nosaj; 02/22/21 10:58 PM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3