Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8138340 01/21/21 11:03 PM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by KWood_TSU
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
KWood, this is some science BS. Lead is 11.35 grams/cubic cm. You lost your credibility with me when you stated Boss is better than lead in a prior post. My guess is you are not old enough to have ever legally hunted waterfowl with lead shot, which is what I grew up on.

I never said it was better than lead. Nothing will beat lead, besides tungsten, but boss is very identical to lead.
Brandon that owns boss does days and days of research trying to come up with the best, most cost effective shell for hunting ducks.
Below is a picture that is proof that boss is almost identical to lead.

[Linked Image]

Anyone can write some random numbers down to prove the point they want.
I wonder if this Brandon fella is a democrat? roflmao

Saturday morning I will be shooting $15 a box steel!

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: rickym] #8138370 01/21/21 11:15 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by rickym

Excellent clapback, that's seriously the best you can come up with? Just bc everyone tries to dog on me that I like the company and the shell they make doesn't mean you can try to pile it on with a weak comment like that.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8138444 01/21/21 11:53 PM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
“I never said it was better than lead. Nothing will beat lead, besides tungsten, but boss is very identical to lead.
Brandon that owns boss does days and days of research trying to come up with the best, most cost effective shell for hunting ducks.
Below is a picture that is proof that boss is almost identical to lead.”

Please excuse this spectators intrusion but WTF is “very identical”?

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8138482 01/22/21 12:17 AM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
KWood, I realize you are enamored with Boss Bismuth, and apparently look up to the old boy that makes it, so I’m not gonna rain on your parade.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 01/22/21 12:23 AM.

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: Smokey Bear] #8138559 01/22/21 12:55 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K
KWood, I realize you are enamored with Boss Bismuth, and apparently look up to the old boy that makes it, so I’m not gonna rain on your parade.

Because you can't disprove it. It's all good though

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: P_102] #8138563 01/22/21 12:56 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by P_102
“I never said it was better than lead. Nothing will beat lead, besides tungsten, but boss is very identical to lead.

Look at the pic I posted. You tell me how that is almost identical or not

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8138612 01/22/21 01:23 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I posted factual data so you could compare the numbers and see for yourself, instead you posted a sales pitch. I should have heeded Bobo’s advice. I was trying to be nice but hey. Read this KWood. Read it fast and loud.

I
Am
We
Todd
It
I
Am
Sofa
King
We
Todd
It

Edit to add: Bismuth is nowhere close to identical to lead. The density of lead is 11.35 grams/cubic centimeter. Bismuth is 9.6 grams/cubic centimeter. That means lead is 15% heavier by volume and hence has greater penetration as is detailed in the charts I posted for you. Now that we have cleared that up we can talk more about terminal performance. Cut one of your bismuth shell open and a lead shell with the same size shot. Take four or five pieces of each and put them on a hard surface and hit them sharply with a hammer. You will not approach the 1000 or so fps the shot is traveling when it hits bone but this will give you an idea of what happens. The lead will flatten some but stay together. The bismuth will shatter. Do it for yourself and post up what happens. That is the difference and it is a big difference that is nowhere near identical.

Last edited by Smokey Bear; 01/22/21 02:06 AM.

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8138629 01/22/21 01:36 AM
2flyfish4 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
My take on shells. I hunt to see ducks back pedaling over the decoys inside 30-35 yards. At that range any shell will kill ducks if your on them. Bismuth, heavishot, tungsten has it advantages at longer ranges and can be beneficial in pass shooting situations. Your better off spending your money in the offseason shooting clays and honing your skills.

With that being said I plan to buy some boss some day to try them. But I can't say I've ever had a problem with steel killing ducks. And one day I plan to go to Mexico to see how lead works on ducks.

Instagram - 2flyfish4
Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: 2flyfish4] #8138658 01/22/21 01:55 AM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by 2flyfish4
My take on shells. I hunt to see ducks back pedaling over the decoys inside 30-35 yards. At that range any shell will kill ducks if your on them. Bismuth, heavishot, tungsten has it advantages at longer ranges and can be beneficial in pass shooting situations. Your better off spending your money in the offseason shooting clays and honing your skills.

With that being said I plan to buy some boss some day to try them. But I can't say I've ever had a problem with steel killing ducks. And one day I plan to go to Mexico to see how lead works on ducks.

Cupped and feet down. cheers

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: Smokey Bear] #8138669 01/22/21 02:08 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I posted factual data so you could compare the numbers and see for yourself, instead you posted a sales pitch. I should have heeded Bobo’s advice. I was trying to be nice but hey. Read this KWood. Read it fast and loud.

I
Am
We
Todd
It
I
Am
Sofa
King
We
Todd
It

So you posted outdated info, got it. The copper plating makes a huge difference, and there are no third party tests that I've seen on it.
I know how much bismuth weighs, I know what lead weighs, and what steel weighs.
What makes you think a real world test of shot being measured in ballistic gel is a sales pitch? You can obviously see its not a sales pitch. He took lead, from your dinosaur age era at that, his copper plated boss, his unplated boss and did an apples to apples test.
You just can't admit what you see on a scientific test. All the data you posted, how do you think it was done? With the exact same method he did his test with. That's how I know you're close minded and have the deaf ears, not me.

It's facts, boss' copper plated bismuth outperforms all other bismuth, And it distantly outperforms steel.
That's why it takes a steel#2 to outperform boss#5. So would you rather shoot #2 steel or #5 boss?

What's also funny was I made this post asking about others of they've looked into payload and if anyone looks at that. You go into a rant about lead, which we cash use anymore unfortunately. Most people that are ignorant think they need a 3.5" bb to kill geese at 50 yards. The fact is the boss 3"#3 would be a better choice. More pellets equals a denser pattern which equals less cripples. So, that's why it's also cost effective bc you're not using multiple shells to finish.
But anyways, your lesson in scientific tests is over.

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: 2flyfish4] #8138684 01/22/21 02:19 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by 2flyfish4

No doubt. Decoying ducks are awesome, but sometimes you know they aren't gonna do it. I still usually won't shoot at them though. There's just something more satisfying about shooting decoyed ducks, geese, and crane.

On the boss, the money bag they came out with is awesome. You get one free when you buy a case. You'll never use boxes again.

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8138701 01/22/21 02:29 AM
P_102 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by P_102

Look at the pic I posted. You tell me how that is almost identical or not

Apparently you missed the part where I said/typed “WTF is “very identical”?”.......I was asking for a definition of “very identical”.

Do not trifle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8138799 01/22/21 04:08 AM
R
rickym Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by rickym

Excellent clapback, that's seriously the best you can come up with? Just bc everyone tries to dog on me that I like the company and the shell they make doesn't mean you can try to pile it on with a weak comment like that.

Well if I reread my comment correctly, I wasn’t piling on you nor did I say anything about you to begin with?

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8139363 01/22/21 06:40 PM
J
jnd59 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Age old argument with no discernable resolution. Everyone shoot what you like, what makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, and what follows the law. I have my own opinions. Of course they're the correct ones but I'll keep them to myself. This is like beans in chili.

Fun to read though.

No matter how high a duck flies a hammer still breaks a window.
Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: jnd59] #8139502 01/22/21 08:32 PM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Wait a sec, I thought black cloud was the best? Hopedale??

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8139511 01/22/21 08:40 PM
B
BDB Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
"For the one that like to dog on me because I shoot boss"

I don't think anyone has dogged you for shooting boss. They dog you because your like a Jehovah Witness shoving it down peoples throat. Hence this thread start. Give your opinion if you have one based on experience then let it be. (unless your buying our shells for us to use then pimp boss to us all you want)

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8142714 01/25/21 03:18 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
It’s Almost like he just trying to get post count for his boss discount affiliation

Wait... is this a thing? If so the fine folks at the Spoetzl Brewery owe me a keg or two of Shiner Bock.

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: LarryCopper] #8142746 01/25/21 03:47 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by LarryCopper
It’s Almost like he just trying to get post count for his boss discount affiliation

Wait... is this a thing? If so the fine folks at the Spoetzl Brewery owe me a keg or two of Shiner Bock.

Yes, most brands require x amount social media outreach. (Forums, Instagram, FB, etc)

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8142773 01/25/21 04:01 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L

Yes, most brands require x amount social media outreach. (Forums, Instagram, FB, etc)

Gotcha, that would explain a lot. I noticed there was never any denial LOL.

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8142967 01/25/21 06:21 PM
S
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Well dang. Free Boss would be a boss development KWood. If you could hook us all up, I would refer to you as the Boss boss!

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8143386 01/25/21 11:48 PM
B
BDB Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
well this thread is completely worthless now as I heard Apex now kicks some Boss A$$

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: Smokey Bear] #8143548 01/26/21 01:39 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K

Gotcha, that would explain a lot. I noticed there was never any denial LOL.

Well dang. Free Boss would be a boss development KWood. If you could hook us all up, I would refer to you as the Boss boss!

That'd be nice, but They don't give free shells out to anyone lol. They have said they will never have a pro staff etc either.

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: BDB] #8143553 01/26/21 01:43 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted by BDB
well this thread is completely worthless now as I heard Apex now kicks some Boss A$$

I'm sure their tss does. But it's not even feasible, $4.50 a trigger pull. That's wild. Boss also makes a tungsten load that is around the same price, but it's a turkey load.

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: KWood_TSU] #8143562 01/26/21 01:49 AM
S
scalebuster Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted by BDB

I'm sure their tss does. But it's not even feasible, $4.50 a trigger pull. That's wild. Boss also makes a tungsten load that is around the same price, but it's a turkey load.

Have any of you that shoot tungsten thought it may be cheaper to shoot lead and pay the fine depending on the frequency you see the game warden?

Re: Shotshells and payload? [Re: scalebuster] #8143584 01/26/21 02:02 AM
J
john paul Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Originally Posted by scalebuster
Originally Posted by BDB

Have any of you that shoot tungsten thought it may be cheaper to shoot lead and pay the fine depending on the frequency you see the game warden?

Lmao! I was thinking the exact same thing.

Originally Posted by garrett
I'm with GK because I like salty old dudes.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide